Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

An alternate to Arccos? Not Garmin, Not ShotScope

GolfSpy_APH

https://golfpadgps.com/

Okay so I have been diving in trying to find new or lesser known brands that could be good for the forum and this company came up in my searches. 

As some of you may know I ditched arccos this season and while I missed it, I didnt miss the subscription model. Tags that often didnt work etc... I was a huge supoorter of Arccos, but this seems like it could be a legit alternative. I intend to download and try out the app and try it first, but am curious if anyone else has heard of, tried or would be curious about this company as I am?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

12 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Okay so I have been diving in trying to find new or lesser known brands that could be good for the forum and this company came up in my searches. 

As some of you may know I ditched arccos this season and while I missed it, I didnt miss the subscription model. Tags that often didnt work etc... I was a huge supoorter of Arccos, but this seems like it could be a legit alternative. I intend to download and try out the app and try it first, but am curious if anyone else has heard of, tried or would be curious about this company as I am?

DO you have the ghin app Jamie? Not sure if you buy a handicap or not but I just used it for the first time today with the GPS and its pretty good, and if you already have the purchased app (I think it was $50 for the handicap and it comes with all that).

This app looks good though for sure, especially for free.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 minute ago, Lacassem said:

DO you have the ghin app Jamie? Not sure if you buy a handicap or not but I just used it for the first time today with the GPS and its pretty good, and if you already have the purchased app (I think it was $50 for the handicap and it comes with all that).

This app looks good though for sure, especially for free.

Thing is this has tags and shot tracking ability built in like arccos!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Just now, GolfSpy_APH said:

Thing is this has tags and shot tracking ability built in like arccos!

True good point I was not looking at it from the shot tracking aspect. Be dang good if its legitimate and not subscription based. Looks legit thats for sure.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Yeah, I agree on being fed up with Arccos. I’ve used it for a couple of seasons and while decent, don’t like the subscription model either. This seems legit if it works at least as well as Arccos (I wonder if it has a subscription as well). I’ve used the GHIN app otherwise and find it pretty easy to use and gives me enough info (obviously no shot tracking, etc.). I’ll try just the app next time I’m out. 

Golfing for fun. 

I’ve been using Shotscope this season. There are shortcomings regarding the X5, specifically battery life and there is a fair amount of editing post round to clean up what it captured, but no subscription. It is the lack of a subscription that keeps me using it. 

I will be interested to follow along, as if this has fewer bugs and no subscription, it might be worth making the switch 

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

A little more searching they have a premium side which is 29.99 which isn't bad. That's per year and the tags are tap tags which isn't terrible. 

Debating for sure. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

looks good and the price is right, I havent tried it but looks like it will give anyone the necessary feedback they need to understand their game better.

committed to performance excellence

Price seems right. I haven't tried any of them out but for the price and low yearly it may be worth a shot. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

O have been using the Golfpad app for years. I downloaded it one year after my brother-in-law purchased his arccos. It provides all the same metrics as arccos.

I was going to purchase the tags to put on my clubs, but the phone has to be NCF (National Communications Frequency) compliant. My phone isn't, although all I-phones are.

I decided that I was fine not having the tags since I pull my phone out to get my yardage and club selection anyway (I do not have a smart watch). But I do love the app. Collecting and evaluating the data over the years has helped me improve my game.

Dennis

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk

@GolfSpy_APHI used Golf Pad on Apple watch, iPhone, and with tags for several years.  It works well, but I tired from tagging and went to a Shotscope V3 some months ago.  Support was great.  Apple updates can cause glitches, but Golf Pad adjusts quickly.  It did well on battery life for me, but I kept my phone in a front pocket for tagging and used the phone GPS (instead of watch).  They have a support site that is worth checking out for all of the functionality and questions.  The watch app is easy and intuitive if you don’t want to tag.  The metrics were good for what I wanted, but not as detailed as Arccos.  I’d still be using it, but when the Shotscope X5 came out I found a new V3 at a great price.  The V3 has been automatic, rarely misses any shot or putt, so I don’t have to remember to tag or press the watch.  I still have my Golf Pad tags if you want to give them a try.  Also, contact Golf Pad and they’ll give you a trial of the full version to try.

TSi2 Driver, Titleist TSi2 4 Wood, Ping G410 3 Hybrid, Ping G400 4 Hybrid, Maltby TS1 5-GW, Maltby Max Milled 54, Maltby Max Milled 58, Piretti Forza.

Some folks say golf messes up a nice walk.  That’s not true, golf makes a nice walk bearable.

Agree also that Arccos is great, but the annual subscription is well over priced in my opinion . $50 a year and I would still be a happy Arccos user . 

Ping G425 max Driver

Callaway FTiz 3 wood

Callaway FTiz 5 wood 

Kasco 55 hybrid

PXG Gen 4 xp 5-GW irons

PXG 0311 sugar daddy II 52 wedge

PXG 0311 sugar daddy II 58 wedge

Ping Kushin4 putter 

14 hours ago, Ben Joest said:

I’ve been using Shotscope this season. There are shortcomings regarding the X5, specifically battery life and there is a fair amount of editing post round to clean up what it captured, but no subscription. It is the lack of a subscription that keeps me using it. 

I will be interested to follow along, as if this has fewer bugs and no subscription, it might be worth making the switch 

I use the H4 and haven't really had any issues with it like I've been reading about the X5. They likely will get the X5 sorted, but it's a pain dealing with the new product issues. Luckily the post round editing isn't bad and it's pretty simple to work through hole by hole. And I LOVE the no subscription model and the fact their tags are far thinner than Arccos and Garmin.

I don't like messing with my phone and stuff while I play which is why the H4 has really worked for me. I occasionally forget to tag a shot, but it might only happen once or twice a round. That's where the post round editing helps.

A quick watch of the Golf Tags video shows it's looks to be a combo of the H4 & Arccos. You have to tap the tag before the shot (similar to the H4 with the small GPS unit on my belt) and you use your phone for the tapping (like Arccos uses your phone if you don't have a Link). Sadly the premium version looks to be $30/year, which is obviously cheaper than others but still requires a cost outlay. 😞

Might be a good option for a forum test next season. 🙂

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

I tried Golf Pad with their tags three years ago before returning them and going with Shot Scope. I found a lot of issues in regard to the stats area. They seemed appreciative of my feedback, but nothing got fixed in the time I used it. Also, they use NFC technology, just like Shot Scope. You would put your phone into NFC mode so it could read their tags. It would work for a few holes and then my phone would drop out of NFC mode. I'd have to take it out of my pocket to re-enable it. I did that for a few rounds, then decided I had had enough. They also had a subscription plan, though the 1st year was free, and it wasn't anywhere near as expensive as Arccos.

I really don't think you can beat Shot Scope, but that is just my opinion.

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: PXG 0211DC 5-GW w/ MMT 60 A Flex
Wedges: Kirkland 52°/56°/60° w/ True Temper Shafts
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet / Cobra King Nova / Toulon Portland
Ball:  Callaway ERC Soft / Snell MTB Black / Sugar Pure / Vice Pro