Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Garmin R10 numbers

Hey all, just wondering if someone can help. I have read a lot about what to do with indoor set ups and from what I can tell I’ve checked most of the boxes but numbers seem off. On the outdoor range normal 8i is 150 in the garage with the set up it’s about 100. Does anyone know if you add something to the back of the setup like foam behind the net if that will have an impact on the numbers? I’ve added pictures and a video (video is a wedge shot not 8i). Just wondering what else I might need to try. 

thanks! 

IMG_4321.jpeg

IMG_4322.jpeg

Samuel Hanvey 

Hey, does your space meet the dimensions listed here, and the distances between target/launch monitor?

image.png.ce28fb43cc5046fdb2b5b33fbe9b123d.png

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=b16KkS9ljZ1BRQGvWB6bX7&partNumber=010-02356-00&tab=topics&topFaq=true

• Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5", Draw setting)
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 5.5 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.25”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

It is, I believe it’s actually close to 20 feet long by 10 feet by 8 feet. I followed most of the guidelines from garmin. The only thing is maybe the foam backing or do you think the metal in the corner being seen by it? There is also a beer fridge in the garage as well. 

Samuel Hanvey 

It's possible that or the refrigerator is causing interference, they call fridges out specifically in the "Overcoming Challenges". I don't have one personally, but I've been looking over all the setup material for a few LMs to see what fits my space best.

• Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5", Draw setting)
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 5.5 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.25”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

Are you using the Titleist RCT balls? I know they are pricey, but from every review I have seen on YouTube, they make a pretty big difference in terms of indoor accuracy.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

I have the Garmin R10 and I am getting very accurate readings indoor and out. I followed their recommendations and I am not having any issues. The metal and fridge could be an issue in your setup. I hope you get it figured out as it is a great tool for the money. Cheers🥃🥃

I run 19th Hole Golf account on Twitter!

Driver- PXG Gen 6 9 degree with MCA Tensei AV Raw 65 X shaft

3 wood- PXG Gen 6 15 degree with MCA Tensei AV Raw 75 X shaft

19 degree hybrid- PXG Gen 6 with MCA Tensei AV Raw 90 X shaft

Irons 4-GW PXG Gen 6 with V2 Elevate Tour S

56 and 60 Vokey wedges with V2 Elevate Tour S

Putter Scotty Cameron Platinum Newport Mid Slant

8 hours ago, Joseph Watts said:

I have the Garmin R10 and I am getting very accurate readings indoor and out. I followed their recommendations and I am not having any issues. The metal and fridge could be an issue in your setup. I hope you get it figured out as it is a great tool for the money. Cheers🥃🥃

I am trying to decide between the Garmin R10 and Rapsodo MLM2 Pro. I would strictly be using it outside at my clubs driving range and possibly occasionally on the course in the evenings when it is slow. I would appreciate any thoughts that anyone has for this type application.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

On 11/6/2023 at 11:47 AM, Jnoble89 said:

Are you using the Titleist RCT balls? I know they are pricey, but from every review I have seen on YouTube, they make a pretty big difference in terms of indoor accuracy.

I haven’t used the RCT balls but have used the HVAC tape and that helped but I’ll likely bite the bullet on the RCT balls soon. 

9 hours ago, Joseph Watts said:

My outdoor readings are spot on! I love them, just gotta figure out my indoor readings! What sim do you use? 

Samuel Hanvey 

56 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

I am trying to decide between the Garmin R10 and Rapsodo MLM2 Pro. I would strictly be using it outside at my clubs driving range and possibly occasionally on the course in the evenings when it is slow. I would appreciate any thoughts that anyone has for this type application.

Using my R10 at the outdoor range and on the course has been amazing! Makes the range fun for me and keeps it interesting. A lot of times, my buddies and I will end up buying two buckets and playing a round at the range on the Garmin or using Awesome Golf for games. We also make games out of trying to see who can get the swing speed or ball speed the fastest. Out doors my numbers are really close if not spot on. I’ve even tested against a TM4. 

with that said I can’t speak to the MLM Pro 2 because I’ve never used it.

Samuel Hanvey 

Highly recommend the R10!

Edited by Joseph Watts

12 hours ago, GaDawg said:

GaDawg I use the R10 at the range throughout the playing season. I find it very accurate in it's measurements and it measures everything. I tracked everything and saved it on the app then took it to my local PXG center that has the latest trackman system. It was very accurate on most readings. There was a slight difference on dispersion. But nothing to significant. For the money, portability, indoor capability and accuracy I highly recommend. By the way this is tough for a Gator to be helping a Dawg! 

9 hours ago, Joseph Watts said:

GaDawg I use the R10 at the range throughout the playing season. I find it very accurate in it's measurements and it measures everything. I tracked everything and saved it on the app then took it to my local PXG center that has the latest trackman system. It was very accurate on most readings. There was a slight difference on dispersion. But nothing to significant. For the money, portability, indoor capability and accuracy I highly recommend. By the way this is tough for a Gator to be helping a Dawg! 

I appreciate you responding and I am sure you had second thoughts. Hopefully, things will turn the corner for your football team. I remember how the tables were reversed a few years back.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2023 at 8:29 AM, Samuel09152 said:

Hey all, just wondering if someone can help. I have read a lot about what to do with indoor set ups and from what I can tell I’ve checked most of the boxes but numbers seem off. On the outdoor range normal 8i is 150 in the garage with the set up it’s about 100. Does anyone know if you add something to the back of the setup like foam behind the net if that will have an impact on the numbers? I’ve added pictures and a video (video is a wedge shot not 8i). Just wondering what else I might need to try. 

thanks! 

IMG_4321.jpeg

IMG_4322.jpeg

I have the R10, but I only use it inside. I initially only had nets hung up, and with poured concrete walls, I think I was getting a lot of echo effect that confused the unit. I since have hung a moving blanket behind the net, a tarp and a sheet in front. It seems to be much more accurate now. I have 11' from ball to impact surface, 7'6" to R10. I'm running the R10 -> iPad running e6 -> Roku attached to my projector.

Asking Santa for a 1 year subscription to GSpro! 

@GaDawg, I've never used my R10 outside, so I can't say how it would work on the range.

For the record, I love my R10! I've not put it side by side with my coaches BLP, but my distances shown on each launch monitor are similar at home and at my lessons.

PXL_20231017_204831488.jpg

Edited by TheOther1
Clarification

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra RADSpeed XB 10.5° Motore X F3

Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra 15.5° 3/F Baffler Rail F

Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra RAD Speed 21° 4 Hybrid

Cobra RAD Speed 24° 5 Hybrid 

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra Aero Jet 5 - PW, GW

Wedges: :vokey-small: Spin Milled 56°, 60°

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Stroke Lab OG #7

Bag: 1622150773421.jpg.867df9e5987ee9b79cc36f4c70090b01.jpg Big Max 14.0 Hybrid

Ball: :titleist-small: Titleist Velocity

Shoes: :footjoy-small: FJ Flex

4 hours ago, TheOther1 said:

I have the R10, but I only use it inside. I initially only had nets hung up, and with poured concrete walls, I think I was getting a lot of echo effect that confused the unit. I since have hung a moving blanket behind the net, a tarp and a sheet in front. It seems to be much more accurate now. I have 11' from ball to impact surface, 7'6" to R10. I'm running the R10 -> iPad running e6 -> Roku attached to my projector.

@GaDawg, I've never used my R10 outside, so I can't say how it would work on the range.

For the record, I love my R10! I've not put it side by side with my coaches BLP, but my distances shown on each launch monitor are similar at home and at my lessons.

Looks great!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

22 hours ago, TheOther1 said:

Good news! I got it dailed in now. Most of what was mentioned here helped! Had to cover up concrete and some metal, and then place the Garmin a little further back then 7 foot about 8ish. Hitting from 9 feet from net, put a black curtain behind the net. It seems to have straightened me out. 

So thank you to everyone who helped!! Y’all were lifesavers! Now I just gotta limit the toe hits so don’t hit any walls lol 😂 

I asked Santa for the same thing @TheOther1! That and an impact screen! 

Samuel Hanvey 

I use the R10 and have been frustrated with the distance readings, especially with longer clubs. Shot shape is spot on, as are spin when used with RCT balls, but the distance is way short due to the lack of time the unit has to see flight path. I have scooted my mat back to around 10' from the impact net and this has helped out with better distance readings, but ideally I would say that 12-15' would be the best. The more distance that the unit has to track the ball, the better the readings will be. I also moved my unit behind the mat to 8' and calibrated it for 8'. This has helped, but ultimately I would say that this unit performs much better outdoors. I also have beer machine that is next to my hitting area; I haven't really thought of this as a source of interference until today. I do normally throw towels or a blanket down on the concrete floor between the unit and the mat to help cut down on radar reflection and that has helped significantly. 

PXL_20230924_225843011.jpg.7e47f98e51292a2361ab2b059c0b9685.jpg

Titleist TSR3 // Tensei 1K Black 65g

Titleist TSR3 3W 15* // HZRDOUS Black 70g

Titleist U505 2i // HZRDOUS Black 85g

Taylormade P770 4-PW // Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 105g

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*

Callaway JAWS Raw 54* / 58*

Taylormade Spider GTX Single Bend Splitback / Ping Zing 2

Titleist ProV1 // Srixon Z-Star XV (Depending on how much money I want to lose any given swing)

6 hours ago, Samuel09152 said:

Good news! I got it dailed in now. Most of what was mentioned here helped! Had to cover up concrete and some metal, and then place the Garmin a little further back then 7 foot about 8ish. Hitting from 9 feet from net, put a black curtain behind the net. It seems to have straightened me out. 

So thank you to everyone who helped!! Y’all were lifesavers! Now I just gotta limit the toe hits so don’t hit any walls lol 😂 

Check here for good, inexpensive impact screens.  https://www.virtual-golf-simulator.com/golf-screens/. They are really helpful and can custom make your screen. I'm still planning mine, but this is where I will buy from.

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra RADSpeed XB 10.5° Motore X F3

Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra 15.5° 3/F Baffler Rail F

Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra RAD Speed 21° 4 Hybrid

Cobra RAD Speed 24° 5 Hybrid 

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra Aero Jet 5 - PW, GW

Wedges: :vokey-small: Spin Milled 56°, 60°

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Stroke Lab OG #7

Bag: 1622150773421.jpg.867df9e5987ee9b79cc36f4c70090b01.jpg Big Max 14.0 Hybrid

Ball: :titleist-small: Titleist Velocity

Shoes: :footjoy-small: FJ Flex

On 11/20/2023 at 4:56 AM, Samuel09152 said:

Another great option for the impact screen. If you can find one that fits your space, it'll be highly discounted compared to doing it new.

https://shop.carlofet.com/clearance

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

2 minutes ago, Shrek74 said:

Another great option for the impact screen. If you can find one that fits your space, it'll be highly discounted compared to doing it new.

https://shop.carlofet.com/clearance

Santa ended up getting one from here 🙂 It actually shipped today, and im excited! Can't wait for it to come in! 

Samuel Hanvey 

1 minute ago, Samuel09152 said:

Santa ended up getting one from here 🙂 It actually shipped today, and im excited! Can't wait for it to come in! 

If I had the space, these folks would likely be getting my money. Next house, hopefully.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

Your setup looks like you have some distance issues. I like the R10 and feel like it has a lot to offer but it also has some notable drawbacks. I can't shape the ball at all on an R10. Also, you can tinker with the elevation settings on the R10 to get back what you think you're losing. That all said, I'm going away from mine for those reasons. An old ST offers me better benefits and is more accurate to me without any tinkering. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just getting caught up on this thread. Not sure if I skipped past what I was hoping to find but has anybody been able to figure out a normalized set of distance and spin #'s for the indoor setup with driver and woods? 

I find that the launch is about accurate, but to me it seems like the spin is about 1k +/- RPM high on the driver which puts the carry about 20-30 yds short. Irons all seem to be pretty good but it's the driver I'm trying to figure out. 

I'm ok with the #'s being wrong as long as they can be normalized with a consistent adjustment.

Example: Garmin spin reading 3100 RPM, 13° launch, with a carry of 260 yds = approx 2100 RPM, 13° launch, approx carry of 290 yds?  Has anybody else figured out of this can be repeated consistently? 

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

1 hour ago, Samuel09152 said:

How far back are you? And are you using rct balls or AC tape on the ball for spin numbers? 

My space is limited front to back. I've got exactly 8' from the Garmin to the ball and 8' from. The ball to the net. No obstruction or hard reflective surfaces in the way and 10' ceilings. 

I'm not using RCT balls but have reflective tape on the balls. I'm guessing it's due to my limited length. 

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Per one of Garmin's tech support articles, the radar needs enough flight distance to permit two full revolutions of the ball in order to get a measurement. Judging by the chart they provide, 8 feet doesn't look like enough to get an actual measurement at your ball speed unless you're spinning it pretty high, so it's likely estimated.

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=COFCXdRAJv2m8r9MBtLrf8

(on this link, click on "Determining Distance From Tee to Net" for the chart)

The shot data should tell you whether the spin number is measured or estimated.