Fit For Golf Training App - 2024 Forum Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Glad to see things are getting rolling. Should be great to see all the new features and programs and how they help you with your gold game and overall health.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

On 2/22/2024 at 8:11 AM, ILMgolfnut said:

In addition to the exercises in the video I linked earlier in the thread, I've added a version of reverse planks. If you're unfamiliar with them, you lie on your back with knees bent and lift your rear end off the floor, keeping your glutes tight. Not only does that help strengthen the glutes and other core muscles, but for me it helps stretch my hip flexors, which are ridiculously tight after too many decades of sitting at a desk (for those of you not medical, a huge part of my job has always been doing the paperwork, generally sitting down to do it). You can also do reverse planks like this, but my dinged rotator cuff makes the shoulder support for this position problematic.

image.png.b18548c38968803f2d1b281f07d3136e.png

Interesting version.  I have been experiencing some piriformis issues for a while now.  Figure 4 stretches and pelvic raises are the prescribed fix, but it is still lingering. It does not feel good on my shoulder either, but I might have to give it few sessions to see it it will work or not. Thanks for sharing. 

• Driver - Ping G400 9°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 65 gr. 
  • FW - TM M3 3-wood 15°, Project-X HZRDUS Red 6.0 75 gr. mid-spin
  • Hybrid - TM M4 19°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 85 gr. HY 
  • Irons - TM P790, 3-PW, Oban CT-115, PXG 311 P Gen 6
  • Wedges - Mizuno T20 Ion blue 52/9 & 56/14, N.S. Pro Modus3 S-flex
  • Putter - Evnroll ER2 Garsen Max grip
  • Getting a grip - oversize Winn DryTacs and Bionic gloves
  • Ball - ProV1, AVX, Maxfli Tour, PXG
  • Bag(s)/cart - Vessel Player III Rovic RV1S and Alphard V2

Looks like version 1 was on the Trainerize app, which I used with a different trainer and loved it. Is it still through Trainerize, which I was told made some nice improvements? The questionnaire looks awesome, as I'm one that has trouble picking which workouts to do.

When my wife asked if I wanted to leave Maine and move to where she grew up, I couldn't say no to Pinehurst, NC. I honestly don't spend much money on golf equipment, but I'm constantly reading reviews in case I ever get ready to buy

I swing left handed and have been the State of Maine Left Hander's champion since 1997, the last year they held the tournament. I'm currently a 7.1 handicap. Trying to get lower, but my gut gets in the way.

WITB

Driver: image.png.2a9745c9eca1e1dcd4c3ecfd5b2823e3.png Epic speed 9 degree

Irons: :titelist-small: 990's S300 Stiff shafts bought when I was in college. (Received a personal use discount, otherwise would've stuck with my Hogan Edge's)

3 Wood: :callaway-small:  Epic speed 15 degree or image.png.188f225bd9daa89b3976cdaa079d23d0.png PT15

52/56/60 :taylormade-small: Z Spin wedges (heck of a deal $100 for all 3 at Dick's in 2013)

Putter: :odyssey-small: OG Rossie

image.png

3 minutes ago, JeremyD said:

Looks like version 1 was on the Trainerize app, which I used with a different trainer and loved it. Is it still through Trainerize, which I was told made some nice improvements? The questionnaire looks awesome, as I'm one that has trouble picking which workouts to do.

Right, I used version 1 and it was on Trainerize. 

During our introductory call Mike shared that he consistently got feedback that a less-than-great user experience with that app was a constant point of feedback he received, and he was frustrated because he didn't really have any control over that. Consequently, @Fit_For_Golf2.0 is entirely his and developed from the ground up.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

9 minutes ago, GolfSpy AFG said:

During our introductory call Mike shared that he consistently got feedback that a less-than-great user experience with that app was a constant point of feedback he received, and he was frustrated because he didn't really have any control over that. Consequently, @Fit_For_Golf2.0 is entirely his and developed from the ground up.

Thank you! I can't wait to see results from testers.

When my wife asked if I wanted to leave Maine and move to where she grew up, I couldn't say no to Pinehurst, NC. I honestly don't spend much money on golf equipment, but I'm constantly reading reviews in case I ever get ready to buy

I swing left handed and have been the State of Maine Left Hander's champion since 1997, the last year they held the tournament. I'm currently a 7.1 handicap. Trying to get lower, but my gut gets in the way.

WITB

Driver: image.png.2a9745c9eca1e1dcd4c3ecfd5b2823e3.png Epic speed 9 degree

Irons: :titelist-small: 990's S300 Stiff shafts bought when I was in college. (Received a personal use discount, otherwise would've stuck with my Hogan Edge's)

3 Wood: :callaway-small:  Epic speed 15 degree or image.png.188f225bd9daa89b3976cdaa079d23d0.png PT15

52/56/60 :taylormade-small: Z Spin wedges (heck of a deal $100 for all 3 at Dick's in 2013)

Putter: :odyssey-small: OG Rossie

image.png

13 hours ago, Subdiver1 said:

Interesting version.  I have been experiencing some piriformis issues for a while now.  Figure 4 stretches and pelvic raises are the prescribed fix, but it is still lingering. It does not feel good on my shoulder either, but I might have to give it few sessions to see it it will work or not. Thanks for sharing. 

My piriformis acts up and and will cause sciatic nerve pain. I've found that a foam roller (either a barrel or lacrosse ball) in the figure 4 a couple times per week keeps me loose enough to prevent flare ups. Find the painful spot and lean into it!

Titleist TSR3 // Tensei 1K Black 65g

Titleist TSR3 3W 15* // HZRDOUS Black 70g

Titleist U505 2i // HZRDOUS Black 85g

Taylormade P770 4-PW // Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 105g

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*

Callaway JAWS Raw 54* / 58*

Taylormade Spider GTX Single Bend Splitback / Ping Zing 2

Titleist ProV1 // Srixon Z-Star XV (Depending on how much money I want to lose any given swing)

2 hours ago, GolfSpy AFG said:

That's some hard work to get that done and I am sure it payed off. I also look forward to seeing how it looks. The old app seemed pretty decent to me when using it so if it is improved it must be really nice now.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

10 minutes ago, taylorjonasher said:

My piriformis acts up and and will cause sciatic nerve pain.

When I was having sciatica last year, a physical therapist taught me a stretch that helped, and I still use it when I get a flareup (like last night, for instance). Like this: https://myhealth.alberta.ca/Health/aftercareinformation/pages/conditions.aspx?hwid=zp4474

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

On 2/7/2024 at 4:51 PM, fixyurdivot said:

It would be awesome if it can provide a two-for-one.  I work out 3-4 days/week and it is not really directed specifically at anything golf... just basic tone and flexibility.  I have added the simple bar on top of my shoulders, arms over the bar and do a mock golf swing/turn.

I'm hoping some of what I learn from you guys I can emulate on the numerous machines we have and that I don't currently use.

The programs are suitable for those trying to lose fat. While they have differences, all of the programs are a combination of mobility, power, and strength training. You will be expending some calories, getting your heart rate up a little, and providing a stimulus for muscle growth (how much depends on the program and effort). 

If we're talking about fat loss, the most important thing is that you maintain a calorie deficit. i.e you consume less calories than you expend. That is the reason any plan works / fails. 

It is much easier to control calorie balance with what comes into our mouth than workouts, but workouts do of course help, as does trying to be much more active in general. 

14 Ping clubs

On 4/24/2024 at 10:59 AM, taylorjonasher said:

My piriformis acts up and and will cause sciatic nerve pain. I've found that a foam roller (either a barrel or lacrosse ball) in the figure 4 a couple times per week keeps me loose enough to prevent flare ups. Find the painful spot and lean into it!

👍 I carry a lacrosse ball in my luggage wherever I go.

Well, losing a draft review is not cool, but...let’s try this again.

I started my program last week while traveling.  In this case everything that happens in Vegas is NOT going to be staying in Vegas.  We stay at a hotel that has a pretty extensive gym set up so I was able to get started and play around a bit with the In Season - Phase 1 workouts, Home Based Dumbbells, and Home Based Bands & Dumbbells workouts. I accidentally erased workouts I did when trying to change what I had scheduled, so I lost some info.  But I learned some things about the app.  I also worked through each of the Warm-ups and Mobility Routines several times.  I really like these.

Screenshot_20240427_200040.jpg.3204622bd282eaef2f4f05882f04ed7a.jpg.9a3fa87ceca6c88037e7d2a2d525c9de.jpg

I have already seen a benefit and improvement in flexibility from the dynamic warmups and stretching routines. My first session doing what Mike calls the “lying open book” stretch I could barely get my left hand behind me to a foot off the ground when extended; after a few sessions I am able to get closer to 4-6” off the ground and improving (it doesn’t look as good as Mike doing it, but I can touch the ground with my right hand).

Screenshot_20240427_200441.jpg.cf59f3bf8ad72eb9a4556c157ad332d1.jpg.fa9edb9134b9d870e57e16d32608bce8.jpg

I find myself preferring the In Season routine the most.  The gym centric, weights based workouts appeal to my old days in the gym and to a certain extent, to my current cross-fit/HIIT routines.  The Home Based Dumbbells is coming in 2nd and the Home Based Dumbbells & Bands falling into 3rd place.  Part of my preference has to do with using bands.  I have used bands in the past, but I am not a big fan of them because of the variability of resistance through the range of a motion (anyone remember the Soloflex?).  Cables just seem to move more smoothly and I can feel the resistance through the movement.  I understand the concept and the benefit for certain movements related to bands, I just can't ever really seem to get comfortable with them.  

The routines using barbells and dumbbells present a challenge when it comes to access to equipment; the gym near my office doesn’t have barbells, racks or Smith machines, only Hammer Strength machines and dumbbells and a couple of cable set-ups.  I’ll probably try and work something out with my cross-fit gym where I need barbells, but I shifted to dumbbells over barbells for press movements years ago as dumbbells really help work the stabilizer and small muscles that barbells leave out.  Having a set of adjustable dumbbells at home (though limited to 50 lbs each), bands, pull up bar and some other equipment makes home workouts pretty well supported.  I ordered a medicine/wall ball to cover some of the moves in the routine that I wasn’t already equipped for.

I don’t have a bench at home anymore so I have to get creative when it comes to chest press movements. Two alternative methods to elevate your back and allow a full range of motion when you don’t have a bench are a medicine ball or slam ball, or using a foam roller (hopefully they are visible in the pics). One obviously provides more incline than the other.

Screenshot_20240427_191834_Studio.jpg.3c7f52e1835f564292e2a047cadf0977.jpg.d4d838eea592dccf2ef0acabe095de18.jpg20240427_190553.jpg.fa666e6b9991b473c99f2baec5f8ca8f.jpg.2c845ecca910b45786b835d7047628c2.jpg

More to come, hopefully in shorter narrative, as things progress.

Cheers and don't forget to stretch.

Edited by Subdiver1
Add and edit images

I now have a week's worth of workouts done and will be posting my "first impressions" either tomorrow or Wednesday. Like @Subdiver1, I really like the dynamic warmup, but there are a couple moves I struggle with because of my lack of flexibility and lack of strength in my right knee due to a partial meniscus tear a couple years ago, More details coming soon!

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Test Currently In ProgressFit For Golf 2.0

On 4/27/2024 at 9:14 PM, Subdiver1 said:

Well, losing a draft review is not cool, but...let’s try this again.

I started my program last week while traveling.  In this case everything that happens in Vegas is NOT going to be staying in Vegas.  We stay at a hotel that has a pretty extensive gym set up so I was able to get started and play around a bit with the In Season - Phase 1 workouts, Home Based Dumbbells, and Home Based Bands & Dumbbells workouts. I accidentally erased workouts I did when trying to change what I had scheduled, so I lost some info.  But I learned some things about the app.  I also worked through each of the Warm-ups and Mobility Routines several times.  I really like these.

Screenshot_20240427_200040.jpg.3204622bd282eaef2f4f05882f04ed7a.jpg.9a3fa87ceca6c88037e7d2a2d525c9de.jpg

I have already seen a benefit and improvement in flexibility from the dynamic warmups and stretching routines. My first session doing what Mike calls the “lying open book” stretch I could barely get my left hand behind me to a foot off the ground when extended; after a few sessions I am able to get closer to 4-6” off the ground and improving (it doesn’t look as good as Mike doing it, but I can touch the ground with my right hand).

Screenshot_20240427_200441.jpg.cf59f3bf8ad72eb9a4556c157ad332d1.jpg.fa9edb9134b9d870e57e16d32608bce8.jpg

I find myself preferring the In Season routine the most.  The gym centric, weights based workouts appeal to my old days in the gym and to a certain extent, to my current cross-fit/HIIT routines.  The Home Based Dumbbells is coming in 2nd and the Home Based Dumbbells & Bands falling into 3rd place.  Part of my preference has to do with using bands.  I have used bands in the past, but I am not a big fan of them because of the variability of resistance through the range of a motion (anyone remember the Soloflex?).  Cables just seem to move more smoothly and I can feel the resistance through the movement.  I understand the concept and the benefit for certain movements related to bands, I just can't ever really seem to get comfortable with them.  

The routines using barbells and dumbbells present a challenge when it comes to access to equipment; the gym near my office doesn’t have barbells, racks or Smith machines, only Hammer Strength machines and dumbbells and a couple of cable set-ups.  I’ll probably try and work something out with my cross-fit gym where I need barbells, but I shifted to dumbbells over barbells for press movements years ago as dumbbells really help work the stabilizer and small muscles that barbells leave out.  Having a set of adjustable dumbbells at home (though limited to 50 lbs each), bands, pull up bar and some other equipment makes home workouts pretty well supported.  I ordered a medicine/wall ball to cover some of the moves in the routine that I wasn’t already equipped for.

I don’t have a bench at home anymore so I have to get creative when it comes to chest press movements. Two alternative methods to elevate your back and allow a full range of motion when you don’t have a bench are a medicine ball or slam ball, or using a foam roller (hopefully they are visible in the pics). One obviously provides more incline than the other.

Screenshot_20240427_191834_Studio.jpg.3c7f52e1835f564292e2a047cadf0977.jpg.d4d838eea592dccf2ef0acabe095de18.jpg20240427_190553.jpg.fa666e6b9991b473c99f2baec5f8ca8f.jpg.2c845ecca910b45786b835d7047628c2.jpg

More to come, hopefully in shorter narrative, as things progress.

Cheers and don't forget to stretch.

Good stuff.  Mike talked about it on the conference call, but he's absolutely right in that if you only did the warm up and mobility work you would likely still see improvements.  Glad to see you're already seeing some benefit there.

Are those Powerblocks?  I have some too, the older verison at least.  You know you can buy add-ons to get those up to 90 pounds each, right?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

I got my first impressions posted today. This LINK should take you directly to my review post.

Questions/comments?

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Test Currently In ProgressFit For Golf 2.0

Hayes/ Mike

Any closer on the IOS front? I’m sure I sound like a broken record but certainly the excitement has been waning the longer the delay. I understand the issue appears to be on the Apple side .  Hoping the Android testing is going well. 

Using Cure CX3 putter