Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

4 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Nice bomb dude!

thanks. If only my PRGR caught my true ball speed. It told me this only carried 268

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

6 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

thanks. If only my PRGR caught my true ball speed. It told me this only carried 268

It may have only carried that much.  Could have hit something and gotten extra distance.    I hit one a couple of months ago that I couldn't find in my normal landing area;  When we got closer to the green we found it and the total distance was 390.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

It may have only carried that much.  Could have hit something and gotten extra distance.    I hit one a couple of months ago that I couldn't find in my normal landing area;  When we got closer to the green we found it and the total distance was 390.   

while it could have i hardly believe that happened. this was dead middle fairway, on the line i saw it go and it would have had to roll through freshly cut and wet fairway grass.

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

My Reviews:

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

1 hour ago, Ben_Howell34 said:

Good news is that is a garden spider and they shouldn’t bite you or be poisonous. But they are scary looking! 

When it comes to spiders I fall in the irrational "Kill it with fire!!" category.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

15 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

😱

Is this Randy?  🤣

I'm telling you my lessons are paying off

My Reviews:

1 hour ago, JerryB said:

When it comes to spiders I fall in the irrational "Kill it with fire!!" category.

HIPPIE ALERT!

... Spiders are our friends and protect us from many real pests. Great to have in your house. My ex was a arachnophobic but understood their value so she put up with them unless they were particularly scary looking. She was always amazed that I would catch them with my hands and release them in the back yard, often crawling up my arm and once in my shirt. Mutual respect. 

"Spiders deliver many benefits to both our ecosystem and inside our homes. For example, spiders like to feast on pesky insects, like roaches, aphids, moths, and earwigs, which help keep their population in check. This also helps alleviate the spread of diseases and the destruction of our farmland crops." 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

1 hour ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

It told me this only carried 268

... 🙄  from 97.3% of MGS members. 

37 minutes ago, chisag said:

HIPPIE ALERT!

... Spiders are our friends and protect us from many real pests. Great to have in your house. My ex was a arachnophobic but understood their value so she put up with them unless they were particularly scary looking. She was always amazed that I would catch them with my hands and release them in the back yard, often crawling up my arm and once in my shirt. Mutual respect. 

"Spiders deliver many benefits to both our ecosystem and inside our homes. For example, spiders like to feast on pesky insects, like roaches, aphids, moths, and earwigs, which help keep their population in check. This also helps alleviate the spread of diseases and the destruction of our farmland crops." 

But still……

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

14 minutes ago, Rickp said:

But still……

... Yea living in Florida I figured you were a Jim Stafford kinda guy:

23 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Yea living in Florida I figured you were a Jim Stafford kinda guy:

I’m a don’t get close to the ponds and snake grass kinda guy! They call it snake grass for a reason 😱

Rick

Left Hand, 

To be fair, I'm overly skittish around all small creatures.  Bugs, fish, small animals...up to roughly the size of a toaster.  Involuntary but they all give me the willies.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

4 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

Army Engineer school float bridging site, 4 guys were assigned to keep constant watch for Copperheads in the Big Piney river while the rest of us worked to build the M4T6 float bridge back in the day when it was all constructed by lots of guys and almost no machinery.  We saw those things too, nope... not interested in snakes.  I would clear out the Brown Recluse spiders found taking covers off the rifle range foxholes in the morning but if it didn't have legs, there was plenty of southern boys who wanted that kind of fun.

I thought the Timber Rattlers and Copperheads in Ct were bad but they don’t come close to the Gators, Spiders and Snakes of the south especially FL.  I’m sorry I left out the Fire Ants, the ever present fun filled insects!! 😱

6 minutes ago, JerryB said:

To be fair, I'm overly skittish around all small creatures.  Bugs, fish, small animals...up to roughly the size of a toaster.  Involuntary but they all give me the willies.

Yup, they have my respect!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Noticing a trend on mgs lately. Atrocious putting. 

My Reviews:

24 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

there was plenty of southern boys who wanted that kind of fun.

... Yup, grew up in the south and I needed a snake skin for the Special Forces hat my Dad sent me from Nam. Baby copperheads are so colorful and we took a canoe along the banks of the river where the copperheads would get in the bushes in the morning so the sun would warm them up, then in the afternoon lie on the cool sand banks under the bushes. One afternoon I was lifting the bushes when I saw the cotton mouth open up right by my head as this dummy didn't get the afternoon UNDER the bushes memo. Jerked backwards and tipped over the canoe and lost the 410 that was in the boat along with our homemade snake loop we used to grab them. Hat got by without a snakeskin because my days as a southern snake hunter were over. I was in the 4th grade. I didn't know I was a dumb southerner til I moved to Philly. 🤪

4 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I was able to get out after work today and get in my first round in 23 days. It's been crazy here with sickness, the passing of my mother-in-law, and other various disasters. 

As I've mentioned in the past it's a tradition of mine to play a round after someone passes going back to my best friend taking me to play after losing my step father to help take my mind off things. 

Today was a perfect day to be out, it was cooler with overcast skies. I ran into some rain on the third hole, which was a blessing as it cooled it down more. 

My play wasn't great, as I would have expected after not being able to even hit a ball in all that time. My putting was ok and my short game lacked the touch I'm used to having.

I shot a 57 with 20 putts. My driver handicapped me on a few holes and I had a couple of cold shanks. The silver lining was I hit a few shots that showed me that there's potential in my game. On the fifth hole I hit a good drive into the fairway then hit my 7 iron right at the pin. It hit eight feet in front of the pin and rolled out to 18 feet. 

I had a couple of irons that were so good, at least for me. It was wet, but they went right where I wanted but probably launched a little high so they ended up just short.

I continue to be amazed but how well I'm hitting the Mizuno's and the game is just so much fun with them in the bag. I'm close...I feel like there's good golf in me and that's a good feeling. I had fun today and can't wait to play again.

Nice to have you back at it Jason.  I hope all that bad stuff is over, and you can focus on what's truly important in life... making sure your wife is happy... well, that... and golf!!  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

4 minutes ago, Tiftaaft said:

Went out for a quick nine yesterday afternoon to work on a few things in my swing... Wasn't driving particularly well, and hitting my irons about a half club short... but managed to save pars getting up and down on 1 and 2;  2 putt pars on 3, 4, 5 and 6; another up and down on 7; bringing me to the Par 5 8th at even.  Reasonable drive in the middle of the fairway, drop kicked the 3W a bit, but straight leaving me right at 150 - but plays up hill to an elevated green.  Fanned my 7 iron to the right fringe, and hit a decent chip to about 4 feet past.  Lipped the comebacker for par, settled for bogey.  Walked to the tough dogleg left 9 tee thinking, I need a birdie to get that shot back.. and put a drive in the middle of the fairway with about 185 left... approach ended about 25 yards short of the green, and hit a low spinning 58* that hop/check/trickled into the cup for bird.  Even par 36.  4 for 5 on up & downs including the birdie on 9.  Plus met this golf fan on #6...

20220826_135810.jpg.b4a5e235a158ac40faf5202de3af41a6.jpg

Handsome rascal isn’t he (or she).

Rick

Left Hand, 

Beautiful sunny, cool day today... only 60º at tee time warming up to 84º.  Yesterday I struggled a little off the tee; not sure why, but today was solid.  Loving my Macgregor irons; I'm hitting them further after my Monte clinic and yardages are off!!

Two birdies and two bogeys on the front nine for even par 37.  I started the back nine with three straight bogeys, but I birdied the same risk/reward par 4 #14 after driving the green again... this time into a slight breeze.  I usually only try it if I have a tailwind, but I had a really good drive on #13... so why not!?!  Made another birdie on the par 4 #16 with a 20-foot right-to-left putt.  Missed my par putt on my nemesis hole #18, shot +2 on the back nine for another 37 and a very nice round of 74.

Shot one under my age... again!!  😃

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”