Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Didn't play today but hit balls twice on the range. Hit 50 this morning at my club to see how my elbow would feel and no issues. Just went out and hit another 100 to test it out and no issues. Hoping yesterday was a freak occurrence.

On a stupid note my Apex pro 9 iron lost the little black rubber piece in the cavity at some point today and it is driving me nuts. I am a bit OCD with my clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Didn't play today but hit balls twice on the range. Hit 50 this morning at my club to see how my elbow would feel and no issues. Just went out and hit another 100 to test it out and no issues. Hoping yesterday was a freak occurrence.

On a stupid note my Apex pro 9 iron lost the little black rubber piece in the cavity at some point today and it is driving me nuts. I am a bit OCD with my clubs.

Maybe a UCL tweak or something bother your ulnar nerve? That seems weird for golf though. Could be an old baseball issue, who knows.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Hit great today for the most part. Didn't make many putts. 73 and overall happy. The putter will come with practice.

Maybe a UCL tweak or something bother your ulnar nerve? That seems weird for golf though. Could be an old baseball issue, who knows.

Absolutely from playing ball most of my life. You don't pitch as much as I did without some type of elbow issue. I never threw a lot of breaking pitches until I got older and could not break 90 anymore. I had tendinitis last season and was getting some soreness on and off. This is the first time I got numbness in my arm. Going to get another MRI this week to make sure there is nothing I am going to damage permanently. Last scan I had showed nothing structural which was a great sign.

WITB 2024

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Another windy day.....43/44:87

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Well, my wife and I played again today about the same time as yesterday.  Nothing special like yesterday's birdies and eagle; just boring pars and frustrating bogies for an 81.  So, same score as yesterday without all the excitement.  I am not sure which round I prefer; I played much better today with no really bad holes, but making birdies and the eagle was more fun.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Capture.JPG

First real round of the year.  Started off great, but had some 'blow ups' including a 4 putt...A FOUR PUTT!!!!!!

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

Damn--if I hit 100 balls, my elbow, wrist, hands, shoulders, back would all be screaming....

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Damn--if I hit 100 balls, my elbow, wrist, hands, shoulders, back would all be screaming....

I do that most days before breakfast so you think that I would be in better shape than I am.

WITB 2024

First round of the year today. Didn't score very well 55 on the front and stopped counting on the back but it was great to get back on grass. I was very surprised with my short game because that's where I usually struggle the most but it seemed to be in good shape.

I definitely need to get on the range and just get the golf muscles strong again.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Played Saturday and again today. My ball-striking is as consistent as it has ever been. Saturday played 18 - front  nine shot a 43, which matches my personal best for nine, but the back nine was a different story at 51. Today I played the front nine again and shot a 42 setting a new personal best for nine. Irish Hills is a par 71, 36 on the form and 35 on the back - my first couple 43s came on the back, which made those 8 over. Shooting 42 and 43 on the front feels even better because the front is longer and plays a little tougher or at least it did for me in the past. Hitting my driver pretty well - only 2/7 on fairways hit, but most of the others were just off the fairway and very playable and it only cost me 2 strokes (on the first two holes). Like I said, my ball striking is as good as it ever has been and it's not even close - feels like something has clicked in my swing - I didn't have a single fatted, skulled or topped ball, for me that's an accomplishment! I was able to reach 3 of the last 4 greens in regulation and parred each of these. I did have one double-bogey, everything else was pars and bogeys (4 each). 

WITB:
Driver: Cobra King LTD
Fairway: Ping G25 (3)
Hybrid: Ping i25 (22 degree)
Crossover: Ping G 5
Irons: Ping i25 (5 -PW)
Wedges: Bridgestone J15 forged 50 and 55 degree
Putter: Cleveland TFi Elevado w/ Winn Pro grip.

Absolutely from playing ball most of my life. You don't pitch as much as I did without some type of elbow issue. I never threw a lot of breaking pitches until I got older and could not break 90 anymore. I had tendinitis last season and was getting some soreness on and off. This is the first time I got numbness in my arm. Going to get another MRI this week to make sure there is nothing I am going to damage permanently. Last scan I had showed nothing structural which was a great sign.

Keep us updated. Makes me think nerve with the numbness.

Pretty sure we got pencil whipped in a four man scramble today. Played really well. 58 on a tough golf course with 15-20 mph winds. Very annoyed but had a great time with my former college teammates.

Yesterday was my game with 3 guys from the club.  I had a pretty good weekend of golf playing with my wife, and I was hoping that it would carry over to Monday.  It did... well, at least until near the end of the round.  It was the warmest day yet so far this year, 85.  Supposed to be mid-80's to low 90's all week.  We walk the course on Monday, and I got a little tired.  I shot +2 on the front with 2 birdies, and on the back I was +1 through holes 10-15 with another birdie.  HOWEVER, the double on 16 and triple on 18 didn't set too well with me.  Other than those two holes, it was a great round of 80.  Par is 37/35

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I do that most days before breakfast so you think that I would be in better shape than I am.

Pretty good stamina, I'd say (2x50).

So, third mid-80s round in a row.  42/43=85.  Unlike the last two 84s, however, this one I was a bit fortunate to get the score I got.  Two trees hit that ended up forward in play (par, bogie) and a wayward drive that thought was ob, but less than a foot in and a par that followed.  Actually made several putts today and two really good chips.  But the short backswing swing change is now pretty well grooved and the truly bad shots out of nowhere that have been the bane of my game have largely disappeared.  Loving the % of solid strikes even if many are not on line.  Going for a lesson tomorrow at Golftec--going to see if we can address the unfortunate situation I've been in where the short irons have been way, way less consistent than the long irons.  4 of 5 good birdie opportunities today were 7 iron plus.  1 of 7 eight irons or less resulted in a reasonable birdie opportunity.  A four week trend now.  With tax season over, finally have a change for a lesson to see what's going on. 

Last 10 rounds.  Only one 90 +.  Previous 10 rounds before that, only two in the 80s.  Loving the trend!

Played a ton of golf the last week: I ended up deciding to play in Vegas and take a week off from work.

I never broke 90, but to be fair a lot of the greens were rocks and I couldn't stop the ball. I ended up playing Coyote Springs (2x in a day) Angel Park and TPC Vegas. Coyote Spring remains my favorite although I started to like TPC Vegas a lot more the second time around. 

That was Tuesday-Thursday. Saturday and Sunday was back to my home course where 15-20 mph winds were typical and gusts near 30 were consistent. I hit 2-3 shots that got thrown by the wind, but overall think I started to turn the corner. We shall see.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Shot 79 yesterday which is pretty good as I've been playing from the blue tees of late. I'm starting to get used to my new irons. I hit the ball much straighter with them than the old ones. I missed both left and right yesterday rather than everything right.:). Two doubles prevented me from having a really nice score. Both came off of meh drives that demonstrated why fairways hit is a meaningless stat. Instead it should be productive drives. I only missed one fairway yesterday but that drive was way better than three others that were in the fairway.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Story time

Ok I didn't know where to post this but had to share. There is a guy that works out at my gym who is a freaking monster. Around 6'4" 265lbs of pure muscle. Works in law enforcement. Big guy around 40 years old with a shaved head, big goatee and tats. I've seen this guy bench 315lbs for 20 reps and squat 465lbs for reps without struggling. Guy is built like a tank. Not exactly your typical golfer to say the least. Anyway...

I was in the parking lot at the gym getting something out of my car when he pulled up. He apparently saw my clubs in the back of my car and when he gets out he asks if I have a lob wedge and a ball and if he could borrow them really quick. Very skeptically and a little nervous(I wouldn't think someone would be dumb enough to hit a ball off of concrete but ya never know), I hand them over to him and he starts to bounce the ball off the wedge like the old tiger woods commercial, between the legs and everything. He said he used to play a little and we BS some about it. Eventually I ask how good he was and he says I won't believe him if he told me. I said I was around scratch, so try me. Turns out the dude used to be on the hooters tour back in the day and tried to play professionally. Said he tried to make it for years but finally gave it up. He also mentioned he caddied on the nationwide tour for a bit. Wow... F me running

TLDR: Don't judge a book by its cover. Anyone can be a golfer.

Edit: He even offered to help me if I decided to qualify and play in the state am.

IMG_2918.jpg

We had a great round today! This was his first time actually going out on the course. We've been letting him putt on the practice green but today he got ride around with me. He loved it. Got to start him young!

Driver:  :ping-small: G30 9*

Irons:  :callaway-small:  X-Forged 3-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX 2.0 52*

:ping-small:  Glide 58*

Putter:   :taylormade-small: Itsy-Bitsy Spider

Shot 79 yesterday which is pretty good as I've been playing from the blue tees of late. I'm starting to get used to my new irons. I hit the ball much straighter with them than the old ones. I missed both left and right yesterday rather than everything right. :). Two doubles prevented me from having a really nice score. Both came off of meh drives that demonstrated why fairways hit is a meaningless stat. Instead it should be productive drives. I only missed one fairway yesterday but that drive was way better than three others that were in the fairway.

Just noticed something, dear Rev.  What the H (excuse the french) are you doing posting on here at 4:22am????????

Leave to an attorney! Lots is stress in my life right now Jax. 4-5 is the only quiet time that I can get.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Leave to an attorney! Lots is stress in my life right now Jax. 4-5 is the only quiet time that I can get.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I figured you liked chatting with us 3rd shifters at 4am, you were just looking for quiet time.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Played this morning an it was a tale of two nines for me. Playing my first tournament at my club on Sunday morning and playing from the Blues which I have yet to play from in my handful of rounds there this year.

On the front nine I hit it well tee to green, short game was working and putted as well as I could on greens that were punched last weekend. Played a fairly clean front with one bogey and two birdies for -1.

Got to the 10th tee and just hit a wedge that went two yards to far for a bogey. After that it was white knuckle on the way in with another bogey and a double since I just flat out lost my swing. Posted 75 for the day and hoping I find my swing in the morning when I get back at it.

WITB 2024

Played this morning an it was a tale of two nines for me. Playing my first tournament at my club on Sunday morning and playing from the Blues which I have yet to play from in my handful of rounds there this year.

On the front nine I hit it well tee to green, short game was working and putted as well as I could on greens that were punched last weekend. Played a fairly clean front with one bogey and two birdies for -1.

Got to the 10th tee and just hit a wedge that went two yards to far for a bogey. After that it was white knuckle on the way in with another bogey and a double since I just flat out lost my swing. Posted 75 for the day and hoping I find my swing in the morning when I get back at it.

One day I'll be at the point where I lose my swing and shoot 75 lol

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

One day I'll be at the point where I lose my swing and shoot 75 lol

One day I will keep mine and shoot mid 60's.

WITB 2024

Another 84.  44/40.  Was sitting at one over par on the 7th hole (par 5) on the back nine, long drive into the wind, in the fairway, but adjacent to a Dye sand trap (steep bank), so ball was a bit above my feet.  Instead of hitting an iron to get to wedge range, tried to hit a five wood to get to chipping range.  Of course, with that stance, chunked it and continued to butcher the hole to a double bogie.  Playing intelligently, I could have easily shot a 37 or 38.  

Had lesson on Wednesday, made an adjustment to my takeaway.  Plus regripped my counterbalanced putter with a fat Superstroke grip now that they're making them for the long cb putters.  The first thing gave me another swing thought that screwed up a shot a hole for the first eight holes.  Second gave me enough of a different feel that it took the hole front nine to adjust.  Absent those factors, may have broke eighty for the first time in a decade.  

Love the improvement in the game right now and the fact that I feel that I'm on the verge of getting much better.