TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

11 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Today was supposed to be the nicest day compared to Saturday and Sunday so I headed over to the club at noon. The weather was in the 60's and sunny, but there was a little wind. Knowing it was leaf season I took two balls out of the "found on the course" box. I always try to pick something that I don't normally play during leaf season. I never got to try the second ball because I was playing so well with the first one.

I played a Bridgestone Tour B RX. It performed very well. Drives were straight and long. Approach shots were good on distance and stopping, and the putting was great. It felt a little soft while playing but it just felt really good off the club face. I shot an even 36 on the front nine with one birdie and one bogey. Then shot a 33 on the back with two more birdies for a 69.

Pretty happy day today. I snuck another round in the 60's in for the season. This was the best season ever. I had 10 rounds in the 60's. Mind = Blown! 

Historically I have only managed 2 rounds in the 60's a season over the past few years. I am treating myself to some cocktails tonight and I don't normally drink. 

I did look the ball up when I got home and it was a low compression ball. Sounds like I found my winter ball. 31 Putts, 12 of 14 fairways. I didn't keep track of the greens in regulation. But I didn't find any of the 36 bunkers.  I think that's a first for me. 

Nice round and season!

Titleist TSI3 8°, Xcaliber Avalon 6 tour stiff, tipped 1", C3 surefit and H2 for backweight, D1 SW, 45 3/8", 40g counterbalance weight;

PING G425 LST 3 wood, set at 13.5° Xcaliber T6* tour stiff, tipped 1 1/4" 43 1/2", D1, 20g counterbalance weight;

Snake Eyes 19° Quick Strike Tour, Xcaliber T6+ Tour Stiff, 20g counterbalance weight;

Maltby TS-1 irons, Modus 120x soft stepped once, D5, 2° flat;

Cleveland RTX Zipcore wedges, black satin, 50°, 54°, 58°, all 2° flat;

Ping TR series Anser 5, 33", 2° flat, 1.5° strong, 75g optivibe at 2" down the shaft and a 12g tourlock pro+ counterweight

Srixon Z Star XV, TP5X, or Maxfli Tour X

23 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Came back for my grandson's first birthday and decided to stay through Thanksgiving.. Headed back on black Friday and won't be back til May, Too darn cold here.

We may not be down in March because the in-laws are probably not going. I'll let you all know via PM when I find out.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

13 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Today was supposed to be the nicest day compared to Saturday and Sunday so I headed over to the club at noon. The weather was in the 60's and sunny, but there was a little wind. Knowing it was leaf season I took two balls out of the "found on the course" box. I always try to pick something that I don't normally play during leaf season. I never got to try the second ball because I was playing so well with the first one.

I played a Bridgestone Tour B RX. It performed very well. Drives were straight and long. Approach shots were good on distance and stopping, and the putting was great. It felt a little soft while playing but it just felt really good off the club face. I shot an even 36 on the front nine with one birdie and one bogey. Then shot a 33 on the back with two more birdies for a 69.

Pretty happy day today. I snuck another round in the 60's in for the season. This was the best season ever. I had 10 rounds in the 60's. Mind = Blown! 

Historically I have only managed 2 rounds in the 60's a season over the past few years. I am treating myself to some cocktails tonight and I don't normally drink. 

I did look the ball up when I got home and it was a low compression ball. Sounds like I found my winter ball. 31 Putts, 12 of 14 fairways. I didn't keep track of the greens in regulation. But I didn't find any of the 36 bunkers.  I think that's a first for me. 

Great rounds/season Tom!  Your game's story tops my list of "most improved spy's". I cannot think of anyone else on the forum who has dropped their handicap as much or as fast. Have you given any thought to trying some regional amateur tournaments/mini tours? 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

So I haven't been able to play much really only being able to get 1 round/month Aug-Oct. Maybe not a bad thing, let bad habits die as I was gearing up to attend Kirk Junge's Setup4Impact single plane 3 day school last week. School wise, form and technique was not a major issue for me. Kirk spent time with me and turned out he identified ball position, alignment, and aim issues. I thought I had the ball forward at address (or at least felt like it) but turned out it was still pretty much middle/back ball position and alignment when I thought was slightly left was actually more closed right.....perfect recipe for the fatties and hooks I often hit. He also recommended for me the Jumbomax Ultralite grips to help quiet over rotation of hands during release which I'll mention shortly. Ultimately, extremely valuable to get that feedback. Here's a video of my refined swing. http://www.v1sports.com/Academy/include/player.asp?academy=KIRK&accountid=2933953&swingid=5874970 

I got to play a round (at least 9) yesterday at TPC Eagle Trace in Coral Springs. Pace of play was very slow and as my twosome played straight through the turn skipping past 2 4somes of senior couples in which one group complained to the course. Even skipping them, there were 4 more senior couple 4somes ahead. Would have been a 5+ hr round. So the course came to talk to us and said they understood the slow backup and offered to take us back to the front to play again (wide open). So we just messed around on the 2nd nine front. Course conditions were kind of bad as the greens were not cut and sanded (so very slow), and it's been rainy the past few days so very soft ground. 

On to golf....yesterday was my first round post school and proceeded to shoot my best 9 ever with a 6-over 42 (front 9 was 36.0/133). 4 pars, 4 bogeys, and 1 double with 15 putts. I had a lot of fun playing rather than grinding for a score. Even with a low tee height and, I am still launching very high with driver with steep descent. I had several 250 yd carries with no run out after decent. The ball was often partially embedded or literally 4 inches from the landing ball mark. After a few more rounds to hopefully to see a consistent swing, it will be time for a driver fitting. Kirk Junge also did recommend looking at lower driver loft (current setup is 10.5 deg adjusted to 9.6). 

Per school recommendation, I put the JumboMax Ultralite grips (size XS) on my driver, 3H, 7i, and 58 deg to test them out. I was really nervous about the club weighting and swing weight because the JM ULs are 30g lighter than the MCC+4 Midsize I had. So I said screw it and just went with no weight adjustment (lead tape under grip) as I figured the 30g lighter overall club weight decrease would offset any higher swingweight head feel from the lighter grips. Took a some range warm up and a couple holes getting used to. But ultimately I really loved the feel especially on the driver and hybrid. Significant help on perceived grip pressure (I could really grip and get after it without feeling like I had a death grip in transition). Result was no hooks, mostly baby draws or pretty straight!!!! I did have one or two fades which I think was more of having the ball too far forward in those cases. I hit my best hybrid shots ever. Irons will take a little more getting used to as I didn't hit my 7i too much. Overall, no hesitation going to regrip the rest of my bag with the JumboMax Ultralites. Really can't wait to get more rounds in!!!

Bag: Sub 70 Cart Series bag

Driver: Ping G425 LST 9 deg (set to 7.5 deg/"big minus") Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 55g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

3W: Ping G410 14.5 deg (Set to 13.5 deg) Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 65g Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Hybrid: 19 deg (Set to 18) deg Ping G410 hybrid Mitsubishi C6 Black Stiff 80g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

Irons: 5-GW Irons Cobra Forged Tec X KBS Tour Lite Regular -0.25" Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Wedges: 50-07 S-grind, 54-08 D-grind and 58-12 deg D-grind Mizuno T22 Denim Copper Grip Golf Pride Z-Grip

Putter:  Cobra King 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter 41"

Game Ball: Maxfli TourX CG 

23 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

The competive golf avenue never appealed to me. I'm afraid that I would lose the enjoyment of the game.

... You don't love 5-5:30 hour rounds? 🤣  Congrats on 10 rounds in the 60's! 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

On 11/10/2021 at 2:26 PM, Syks7 said:

No results yet, but I would be very surprised if I did not outright win my flight in gross and absolutely stunned if I didn't win net.  I'll post those results when they come in later.

3 strokes off the winner for my flight in gross, but still good enough for a tie for 2nd.  Interestingly I had a better day than a lot of guys in the top flight so my score would have been good enough for 9 out of 40 for the day in gross against everyone.   I'll take top 25% for my third time playing competitively.  I also did finish 1st in net for my flight so I got to play for free (made the entry fee back).

12 hours ago, chisag said:

I'm so happy that my men's club has a time limit.  Finish in 4:30 or better or lose a stroke every 10 minutes.  It's not ultra fast but people don't dawdle and no-one is waiting till someone else hits to do their shot prep.  They're also pretty understanding if you're the groups behind the slow group.

Edited by Syks7

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0811XT -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0211 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 56 Mid @55° -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

1 hour ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I never gave a thought to competitive play except for my company golf leagues that I was in for about 15 years. But that disbanded about 3 years ago. Trust me I'm fine with that. To much drama with cheaters. I don't even play in my clubs member member, member quest, or Ryder Cup events. I do play golf in charity events but they are usually a scramble format and put on by one of my customers so its really not competative golf on an. individual basis. Plenty of cheaters in those too.The competive golf avenue never appealed to me. I'm afraid that I would lose the enjoyment of the game.

My son was on the the high school golf team with a friend of his. The friend went on to play college golf. He finished up and never wants to play again. He got burnt out. He is going into turf management to be involved in the golf industry but refuses to play even for fun. My son doesn't play much either now. I play every week but my son does even want to. He even works at the course. 

So I'm just content to enjoy what I'm doing.

I understand and, except for goofy .10/hole Wolf, .25 KP's & Birdies, and .25 for fewest total putts, don't care to mix betting and golf.  My issue is that I fold like a cheap lawn chair at a Sumo Wrestler's picnic when I have pressure shots/putts 🤣.

2 hours ago, chisag said:

That's another good point. I play in 2 hours and 10 minutes. Thanks for the congrats.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

1 hour ago, Syks7 said:

I'm so happy that my men's club has a time limit.  Finish in 4:30 or better or lose a stroke every 10 minutes.  It's not ultra fast but people don't dawdle and no-one is waiting till someone else hits to do their shot prep. 

... For me that should be the max allowed time limit. We played behind an ex PGA pro tourney a few weeks ago and only got in 17 holes because they took 5:20 minutes to play 17 holes. I played behind a college tourney last year an asked the last 4some that we followed if they have a target time and he said "5 hours". I had watched several groups tee off hitting the ball long and straight, then do the same with approach shots but slow to an absolute crawl on the greens. I asked him if they usually meet the 5 hour target and he replied "I am a Jr and in 3 years we have never finished in under 5 hours." 

... Like many other I have a surgically repaired back operated on twice and constant movement is best for me. I can regulate my pace for 3-4 hour rounds but 4:30 and over means some standing around and getting stiff because I can't walk slow enough to make that time work. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... Like many other I have a surgically repaired back operated on twice and constant movement is best for me. I can regulate my pace for 3-4 hour rounds but 4:30 and over means some standing around and getting stiff because I can't walk slow enough to make that time work. 

I have the same thing going on. Doc"s wanted to fuse my spine 30 years ago. I passed and said I would try to live with it for as long as I could. Keeping active and moving is best for me. Standing still for an extended period of time is torture.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

4 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I don't  fold, I get more determined. I had a member ask to play with me. On the first tee he asked how much we were playing for. I told him I don't gamble. Then he said well we can play for drinks. I said I don't drink.  I was just trying to avoid it. Then he said we have to play for something.  I settled on drinks. I get into a different mode when something is on the line. I kept a stroke ahead of him to be nice until hole 17.  Then he got cockey and started saying he was going to beat me and wanted to double the bet. Between 17 and 18 I beat him by 5 strokes. I birdied the last two holes just to shut him up. I got a lemonade and headed home. Some people just have the need to wager. I don't  get it.

I'm with you.  Don't like betting on the game, just want to play.  Don't really get it.

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

5 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I played a quick nine this evening because Tennessee and Georgia are playing and I knew the course would be a ghost town. I love college football season for golf! 

I had another good round, for me. I shot 51 and hit 3 greens. Lately I've been playing from the green tees (67.8/118 2870 yards) to work on my waning confidence in my ability to play golf. I'm planning on staying there through the winter or until I can consistently reach my target of bogey golf. 

My ball striking was a lot better than usual, especially with irons. I'm also working to spend less time over the ball because I've become a basket case and freeze up. One simplified my swing thoughts to "up and throw the frisbee". I've found that thinking about the frisbee helps me get on to my left side on the follow through. 

If I could have putted today, it would have been a good day. I had 2 3 putts, a 4 putt, and missed one from 3 feet. I lost nearly 3.5 strokes just on the green. 

I did, however, take a video of a one handed putt to show the deceptive break on #7 from about 18 feet and did this.

Great putt!!  Putting one-handed gives you great feel for speed and control.  Tiger practices that way; so do I, but I start with 3-footers and move back to 6 footers.  When I can consistently make one-handers, then I add the other hand.

I like the plan to play from the shorter tees.  You will have more fun and won't tend to overswing as much.  As your skills improve, you will know when it's the right time to move back.  Keep it up!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

10 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I understand and, except for goofy .10/hole Wolf, .25 KP's & Birdies, and .25 for fewest total putts, don't care to mix betting and golf.  My issue is that I fold like a cheap lawn chair at a Sumo Wrestler's picnic when I have pressure shots/putts 🤣.

Well that's nice to know!  Next year when we play, I just might say... "I bet ya slice into the woods! A hundred bucks!"   🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

19 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Well that's nice to know!  Next year when we play, I just might say... "I bet ya slice into the woods! A hundred bucks!"   🤣

It dosen't cost anywhere near $100 to see me park one in the woods 🙂.

8 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

It dosen't cost anywhere near $100 to see me park one in the woods 🙂.

I know!!  You hit some great shots, then out of nowhere...

🏌️🌲🌲

7 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I know!!  You hit some great shots, then out of nowhere...

🏌️🌲🌲

Shooting rounds in the 80's from the fairways is child's play 😄.

8 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Shooting rounds in the 80's from the fairways is child's play 😄.

You should stop by on your way back to MT next year  for a round at Wine Valley in Walla Walla with me and @Thin2win.  There are no, none, nada, zero trees... rounds in the 80's are not child's play!

9 hours ago, NRJyzr said:

I'm with you.  Don't like betting on the game, just want to play.  Don't really get it.

"No, I only gamble with my life, never my money.".... The Mummy, 1999  LOL

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

3 hours ago, Paul Hedrick said:

"No, I only gamble with my life, never my money.".... The Mummy, 1999  LOL

That was me in the 90's doing the work that I did then.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Played with my main bag(PXG, Wilson D-7 & Cleveland Zipcores).  Shot a 47/43:90 with a Birdie on #2 Handicap par 4 #8.

Felt pretty good to game my main bag.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Played Execs Monday, Tuesday & Friday.  Struggled all week with the elbow issues so ball striking was terrible.  Only bright spot was putting. 
Weather was no prize this week either as it bordered from really cold too cold. 
Next week going to be in high 40* in the morning most of the week.  I’m not big in under 50* anymore.  
Bacon was always crispy 🥓😜

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

18 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Big tournament today!  Our club has an annual (except for last year due to COVID) Turkey scramble tournament to support the Mission.  Have to bring a turkey and non-perishable food as part of entry fee.  It's a gimmicky tournament, but lots of fun.

My wife and I played with another couple; I'm a 10, my wife is a 16, the other couple are 24 and 31 handicaps.  Our team handicap is 11... how does that work?  None of us are big hitters.  Did I mention gimmicks??  Here they are:

• #2 Par 4 Must tee off with the PSP training club (look it up); head is tiny and very closed!!
  • #5 Par 5 any tee shot not OB can be moved laterally to the fairway
  • #6 Par 5 Punt, pass or kick a football... your tee shot begins where the best football ends up
  • #8 Par 3  Throw a bowling ball... your tee shot begins where the best ball ends up
  • #10 Par 4... same as #5
  • #11 Par 4 No putters allowed; must putt with a sledgehammer (my wife 2-putted with it)
  • #13 Par 5 No putters allowed; must putt with a hockey stick
  • #17 Par 3 Must take your worst drive and play from there.

Our team shot 66 (-6) due to some miraculous shots from yours truly as the anchor to avoid any bogeys and some great putting by everyone but yours truly!  So Net Score of 55 which put us right in the middle of the pack.  Low score was 51.  Several pros played in this tournament from other courses in town

Since I knew we were not going to sniff the lead, I brought out my old Macgregor Tourney VIP 1025M irons just for fun.  Since I couldn't hit the TT S300 shafts anymore, I had reshafted them with light Nippon Zelos 8 shafts.  What a treat!!  I love those clubs!!

That sounds like a fun scramble. I couldn't imagine trying to use that PSP club, that thing looks scary. I also hope that one member of your team was a shot putter at some point, I couldn't see hurling a bowling ball that far without ripping a shoulder or of the socket. Congratulations to your wife for being able to two putt with the sledgehammer, I think I would watch out if she can use one that well.

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

That sounds like a fun scramble. I couldn't imagine trying to use that PSP club, that thing looks scary. I also hope that one member of your team was a shot putter at some point, I couldn't see hurling a bowling ball that far without ripping a shoulder or of the socket. Congratulations to your wife for being able to two putt with the sledgehammer, I think I would watch out if she can use one that well.

Well, to be honest, I didn't throw the bowling ball.  My right shoulder has been giving me some pain with certain movements, and that would be one of them.  Besides, I was pretty certain that the girls could "bowl" MUCH further given that their tee was 50 yards ahead of ours!!  🤣  It's a nice advantage to have women on the team.

I also didn't use the sledgehammer for the same reason, but I remember the tournament 2 years ago, and after I tried to putt with it, I couldn't putt with my putter the rest of the round.  It took an hour on the putting green the next day to forget that experience.

BTW, we actually won $23/person shop credit with our tie for 4th place!!  Woo Hoo!