Our Sponsors

3 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

Oh what a difference a week makes. Played the same track as last week when I shot a seasons worst 84. Today’s score was a 74, and barely missed a few other birdie putts.

the track is called Tiera Rejada in MoorPark/Simi area of California. It was also 97° when we finished..

... Well done Sluggo! Tiera Rejada is of my favorite scenic courses in the LA area. Not an easy course to score on either with so many elevation changes and several blind shots. I played Rustic Canyon more and a ton of rounds at Encino but always liked TR for the views. 

• Like 3

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM Max ... Diamana Limited 55R
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in. Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever. Won my match 8 and 6

I got a hole in one on the first hole today. Makes for a really enjoyable round. Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Un-bloody-conscious! I still can't believe it but I shot a 79! 57% FIR 33% GIR 30 putts.  

Posted Images

Played 9 holes and got my first birdie of the season and booked 3 pars along with it. Only one double Bogey, finished 6 over. After my last 2 rounds prior to this one I was ready to take a small break, now i want to golf everyday

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

DRIVER -  Sim Max 10.5 lowered to 9.75 Ventus Red 5 S  shaft 

Woods -  Taylormade Sim Ti 3wood - Diamana reg 65

Taylormade  5 wood-  Ventus 6r 

Rescue/Hybrid -  

IRONS -  Callaway Mavrik 6- PW, AW   KBS 80 R steel 

WEDGES-  Vokey SM 8   50/54/58 

PUTTER-  Odyssey Stroke Lab Bird of Prey. 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ole gray said:

The Rogue X irons were spot on today .  With that said I pulled an old friend (Ping G30) out of retirement and was striping it today.  The Flash has been awesome for me however the G30 was behaving very nicely to say the least. 

Funny you say that. I broke the shaft on my G400 Max weeks ago. It actually cracked the head by the hosel. I had to wait for PING to reopen before I could send it to them in hopes of them covering it under warranty. They are building me a new one, and I should get it next week. The Flash is a terrific driver, but nothing has ever worked for me the way the Max has. I can't wait to get it back in the bag.

*** I know this isn't the place for it, but since I just brought the issue up anyway 😉...   A big thanks to PING, and their Service rep Will. He couldn't have been nicer, and he went the extra mile for me. I sent the clubhead back to them myself, not through a retailer, and didn't include the broken shaft. I've played the heck out of that driver for a few years, and they replaced it for me with a brand new one.

I'm an old fashioned guy, with old school values. This meant a lot to me. From now on, when I look for something new in my bag, PING gets first dibs.

Edited by Grand Stranded
  • Like 7

Driver     :ping-small: G400 Max 9* Alta R

Fairway  :callaway-small: Epic Flash 15* Evenflow 5.0

Hybrids  :callaway-small: Rogue X 18* Synergy R

:cobra-small: F9 21* Atmos Black R 

Irons       PXG 0211 5-GW (23*-48*) MMT 70

Wedges :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 52-8 F (bent to 53-9) & 58-8 M

Putter    :titelist-small: :scotty-small: Newport 2.0 33.5"

Bag       :titelist-small: Hybrid 5   or  :1590477705_SunMountain: 3.5 LS 

So, last night's men's club was a bust.   Well, for me, anyway.  No birdies, which is pretty much the kiss of death in a skins game.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Well..... I shot +15 for 9 holes in league yesterday. A triple, 5 doubles, 1 bogey and 2 pars. I did hit the driver fairly well. Everything else is a s**t show. I haven't played this bad since I first picked up a club 25 years ago. 😟

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
What are we doing here Rick, grading him on a curve?
76 might sound really good, but lets see him try to do it with left handed clubs, like we do... 

True, LH definitely a handicap but 76 is almost shooting his age

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

It was an interesting round this morning. If I keep playing early like I plan too I’ll need to do a better job loosening up.

IMG_9924.png

Two hazards off the first two tees... a few worm burners and such led to a double-double start. Then a few bogeys as I warmed up and I played the final 5 holes +2 with 4 pars and a double due to a 3 putt on a par 3.

I only hit one fairway but managed 4 GIR including one from a fairway bunker from 135.

I made that fairway drive count though! Personal best on that hole 282 up the hill!
It’s there, but a trip to the range should really help me out right now.

IMG_9922.png

• Like 6

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x vs :Snell: MTB-X vs :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats

6 hours ago, fozcycle said:

“Last night”. “Men’s Club”. “Skins”

Where did you go? The Strip Club?

You left out the part where I said "bust".  That was the give-away!  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

13 hours ago, chisag said:

... Well done Sluggo! Tiera Rejada is of my favorite scenic courses in the LA area. Not an easy course to score on either with so many elevation changes and several blind shots. I played Rustic Canyon more and a ton of rounds at Encino but always liked TR for the views. 

Funny you say that, a few of the holes we looked around and talked about how fantastic the views were. Yes it’s elevation changes are pretty dramatic. It’s definately a track one needs to be careful on as any mistakes get ugly quickly. Not super long, but needs well aimed shots. I really like it. I like rustic too,  but few of my friends like it, and they really don’t like Tiera either. They prefer the less volatile tracks with less danger I guess. I seem to like every track... that basically means I’m not dead yet, and out golfing- what could be better?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

3 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Love getting out for 9 before work. Had a fun/good round. I also love being 2nd to a course only behind the Pro.

C4A39B6E-BB30-41D2-AFD3-3E4F2CE09B1A.jpeg.f6492b911a067fdaf06ef163d9e085ad.jpeg

bad off the tee other than hole 1 but short game and putting was just on. My lag putts were pin high just offline but a little with 0 3 putts. Chipping was great and had a good GIR percentage. Only 1 blow up hole that I had a drop and the green is a BEAST. Overall 40

4D0B3429-03CF-4F83-A22C-6B367D43B004.jpeg.20314eee82c11a0932eb63db629d0f4e.jpegE14C7EFA-29BB-4205-9290-175BC0149CB2.jpeg.a57c260af848880abe2d9a561ccb071c.jpegF34A5B27-2FF5-4BBD-8F8E-4F74D5FDE73B.png.26efd01eaeac8b03580110b6397e39e8.png33EBEFDC-0A81-453D-98D9-2A50D2259455.png.c35044f3eef4d5cb47bc906720008b22.png

The P790s were flying awesome for you today.  And the 4 iron felt great.  I wasn't expecting it to feel that solid.

More Ping testing tomorrow?

• Like 4

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x vs :Snell: MTB-X vs :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats

5 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

The P790s were flying awesome for you today.  And the 4 iron felt great.  I wasn't expecting it to feel that solid.

More Ping testing tomorrow?

Yes that 6 iron from 190 and sticking the landing spoke to how well they played (greens being perfect helped too). Tomorrow will be more PING G710....I had to swing these today I could not wait any longer 

I just can't take it anymore!! - Desk Flip Rage Guy | Meme Generator

• Like 2

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Snuck out mid work day to get some holes in before rain here in Georgia. Luckily the rain held off and we were able to get all 18 in.

Despite my buddy and I arguing over a gimme putt,I played pretty well. My mid-irons need some work (only 6/18 GIR) but I was driving the ball well 260 yard average 8/14 fairways with 3 of the “misses” being in the first cut on the right side. My putting was lights out though, 8 one putts, and only 1 three putt.

IMG_1072.PNG

• Like 9

:taylormade-small: M6, 9.0, Tensei CK Orange 60, Stiff

:taylormade-small: M6, Rocket 13.0, Atmos Red 60, Stiff

:taylormade-small: RocketBallz, 4H 22.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Tour, 4-PW, True Temper Dynamic gold S300

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 4, 52.0, 56.0, 60.0 - S grind

:taylormade-small: Spider Mini

:bridgestone-small: Tour-RX

:Arccos: Smart Sensors

Another league 9 tonight, can't complain! Went for:

44 (+8), 15 putts, 2/7 FIR, 3/9 GIR

Only one three putt, and with the undulations on these greens, I'll take 15 putts and 1 three-putt all day long. This is my 2 stroke best on the front 9 this season, largely due to no penalties. If I could just get my driver under control, I think the scores could drop some more!

I was also sitting +2 after 5 holes...one of my best starts, especially considering the relative difficulty of this course compared to others I play at. Went double, bogey, double, bogey to finish up the round. But we'll get em next time 😉 

• Like 6

Right Handed

Driver (9.5°): :taylormade-small: R9 SupterTri (Fujikura MotoreF1 65 Stiff shaft)

FW (15°): :callaway-logo-1: X2 Hot (Aldila Tour Green 75 Tx Stiff shaft)

Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

Irons (PW-4)  post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS-1's (KBS $-Taper 120g Stiff shafts)

Wedges (52° & 60°): :callaway-logo-1: Mack Daddy 2's

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour

19 minutes ago, chisag said:

...  Shot a 69 today. Yea, OK , whatever. 5 birdies and 2 bogies. Yawn. Left a couple of birdie putts short but really got as much out of this round as I could. Your thinking "what kind of a$$hole, egotistical jerk comes on a golf forum with plenty of golfers that have never broken 80 or even 90 and complains about shooting a 69? Hey, that's exactly how I would feel too... but ... yesterday I shot my age. 67. SIXTY #$*^&$# SEVEN! I started on the back 9 and hit every green with only one putt over 15'. Hit a 5 wood into a fairway bunker I did not think I could reach and with a decent lip I could not risk anymore than a 7 iron, leaving me a 50 footer that I lagged close enough for a tap in. But every other iron was all over the flag and distance control was as good as I can hit it. Honestly it was the best 9 holes of golf I have ever played. 4 birdies and very close to 4 more, then started the front 9 with another birdie and that was when I thought I had a good chance of shooting my age. 

... So of course I immediately bogied my first hole LOL. Pushed a drive into tall heather and just had to hack it out into the rough. Hit a good shot that had little spin out of the rough and rolled to the back of the green leaving a 20 footer that I left just short. Managed 3 more good pars and then hit a 6 iron to 1' and was back to 5 under. Followed that with 2 solid pars leaving me about 15' and 12', burning the lip on both. I have given advice to others about playing one shot at a time and not getting ahead of yourself so I was annoyed when my subconscious, consciously told me "just hit a good drive, an iron to the center and 2 putt for a 67." WTF did that come from? I guess when you are on the precipice of a milestone for the very first time, staying in the moment is not all that easy.  I cleared my head and just concentrated on my drive and hit one of my best drives of the day. Left me with a knockdown 9 iron into a wind that just picked up for the last 2 holes and hit it to 12' to a pin cut close to the edge of a hump. Didn't get greedy and fed the ball to the high side and let it drift just short for a tap in. After playing ing 20-30 mph winds all spring, it was a gentle breeze of no more than 2/3 mph until the last 2 holes. I think the Golf Gods were pulling for me. Just a great day I will never forget.

... And sorry about the beginning of this post, I of course was very pleased to follow up a low round worth another low round. Even if I won't need that 69 for 2 more years. 😉

799379827_Naperbrook67.jpg.59c8f2aeb0d5b253c51a8c336bceefcf.jpg

WOW what a round!! Congratulations!

• Like 3

Right Handed

Driver (9.5°): :taylormade-small: R9 SupterTri (Fujikura MotoreF1 65 Stiff shaft)

FW (15°): :callaway-logo-1: X2 Hot (Aldila Tour Green 75 Tx Stiff shaft)

Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

Irons (PW-4)  post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS-1's (KBS $-Taper 120g Stiff shafts)

Wedges (52° & 60°): :callaway-logo-1: Mack Daddy 2's

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, chisag said:

...  Shot a 69 today. Yea, OK , whatever. 5 birdies and 2 bogies. Yawn. Left a couple of birdie putts short but really got as much out of this round as I could. Your thinking "what kind of a$$hole, egotistical jerk comes on a golf forum with plenty of golfers that have never broken 80 or even 90 and complains about shooting a 69? Hey, that's exactly how I would feel too... but ... yesterday I shot my age. 67. SIXTY #$*^&$# SEVEN! I started on the back 9 and hit every green with only one putt over 15'. Hit a 5 wood into a fairway bunker I did not think I could reach and with a decent lip I could not risk anymore than a 7 iron, leaving me a 50 footer that I lagged close enough for a tap in. But every other iron was all over the flag and distance control was as good as I can hit it. Honestly it was the best 9 holes of golf I have ever played. 4 birdies and very close to 4 more, then started the front 9 with another birdie and that was when I thought I had a good chance of shooting my age. 

... So of course I immediately bogied my first hole LOL. Pushed a drive into tall heather and just had to hack it out into the rough. Hit a good shot that had little spin out of the rough and rolled to the back of the green leaving a 20 footer that I left just short. Managed 3 more good pars and then hit a 6 iron to 1' and was back to 5 under. Followed that with 2 solid pars leaving me about 15' and 12', burning the lip on both. I have given advice to others about playing one shot at a time and not getting ahead of yourself so I was annoyed when my subconscious, consciously told me "just hit a good drive, an iron to the center and 2 putt for a 67." WTF did that come from? I guess when you are on the precipice of a milestone for the very first time, staying in the moment is not all that easy.  I cleared my head and just concentrated on my drive and hit one of my best drives of the day. Left me with a knockdown 9 iron into a wind that just picked up for the last 2 holes and hit it to 12' to a pin cut close to the edge of a hump. Didn't get greedy and fed the ball to the high side and let it drift just short for a tap in. After playing ing 20-30 mph winds all spring, it was a gentle breeze of no more than 2/3 mph until the last 2 holes. I think the Golf Gods were pulling for me. Just a great day I will never forget.

... And sorry about the beginning of this post, I of course was very pleased to follow up a low round worth another low round. Even if I won't need that 69 for 2 more years. 😉

Hey Man, I quickly see that handicap going to a +1 to +1.5. I would say that you are liking those Titleist clubs very well. Great scoring, especially at 67!

P.S. Don't ever apologize for shooting a great score.

Edited by GaDawg
Added comment
  • Like 4
48 minutes ago, TCUFrog said:

Snuck out mid work day to get some holes in before rain here in Georgia. Luckily the rain held off and we were able to get all 18 in.

Despite my buddy and I arguing over a gimme putt,I played pretty well. My mid-irons need some work (only 6/18 GIR) but I was driving the ball well 260 yard average 8/14 fairways with 3 of the “misses” being in the first cut on the right side. My putting was lights out though, 8 one putts, and only 1 three putt.

IMG_1072.PNG

Almost every round I play down here is either in a league, a money game, or a comp. I'm a "hole everything out" guy, unless its match play.

In the leagues I play, it always starts out "inside the leather" then a two footer, then by the back nine people are swiping away 3 or 4 foot putts without asking.

Here's the thing with gimmies. If you have to ask, its not a gimmie. Why should anyone get upset? If its that easy, just knock it in.

When I'm up on Long Island, and its just friends, with nothing on the line,  I'll give them putts they'd never ask for. I still putt everything out.

• Like 1

Driver     :ping-small: G400 Max 9* Alta R

Fairway  :callaway-small: Epic Flash 15* Evenflow 5.0

Hybrids  :callaway-small: Rogue X 18* Synergy R

:cobra-small: F9 21* Atmos Black R 

Irons       PXG 0211 5-GW (23*-48*) MMT 70

Wedges :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 52-8 F (bent to 53-9) & 58-8 M

Putter    :titelist-small: :scotty-small: Newport 2.0 33.5"

Bag       :titelist-small: Hybrid 5   or  :1590477705_SunMountain: 3.5 LS 

26 minutes ago, chisag said:

Great couple of rounds!!  Keep it up.  

Shooting my age is a goal this year for me.  Turned 73 last month, and I had a 73 a couple of years ago.  I think my game was better before the shutdown than two years ago, but it sure sucks now.  I've got to get my short game back.

• Like 6

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”