Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played yesterday for the first time in a month. Not a bad round, decent front nine but I could tell I haven't played in a while. Got tired and was forcing the swing a bit.  But I like what I was seen from my practices coming along. Maybe by the summer they will be inplace.

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50 (Terra Forza White Shaft Testing 2024)
3 -Wood Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag
TESTING: Terra Forza Shaft  - 

11 hours ago, mikeanthony said:

Hard not to get discouraged when you play some really good golf that results in a 92 ... two triples - two 3-putts - two birdies - 4 pars ... but had three different shots that were executed to perfection, a really good driving day overall that is reflecting the gains from speed training and the gym, and just a lot of positives overall. Especially when the two triples happened within the first three holes. 

I really need to work on getting my tempo back to where it's always been and being more disciplined with my pre-shot routines ... I'm rushing everything. 

Lol it happens! My first round out I shot an 84 in a hurricane, then followed it up with a 51 9-hole outing and cool even 100 the following week on a perfect day. Only had 3 penalty strokes and three three-putts across both poor outings, I just couldn't get anywhere close with my irons (normally one of the stronger parts of my game). As Joe Dirt once said, "You just gotta keep on keepin' on!"

Titleist TSR3 // Tensei 1K Black 65g

Titleist TSR3 3W 15* // HZRDOUS Black 70g

Titleist U505 2i // HZRDOUS Black 85g

Taylormade P770 4-PW // Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 105g

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*

Callaway JAWS Raw 54* / 58*

Taylormade Spider GTX Single Bend Splitback / Ping Zing 2

Titleist ProV1 // Srixon Z-Star XV (Depending on how much money I want to lose any given swing)

Today the weather was terrific, 55* - 80*. I faltered and shot a 43/43:86. I had 2 penalties, on the same hole. No birdies.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Yesterday's round started started +3 on a par 5 after getting stuck under some trees and had to chip out twice. But other than that I putted well and had a good tee shot. Then hit a small green on the following par 3 with an 8 iron and finished with a par. Good drive on hole three but struggled with my wedges and saved bogey with a good putt. Best hole of the day was a 205 par 3 that I put within 12 feet with a 3H (just missed the birdey putt though). 

Unfortunately, after finishing with another par on hole 5 I noticed my Arccos Link was missing and bailed on the round to walk the course backward. Found it two hours later when I finally found the "find my link" feature and saw it was on hole 5 where I'd taken my last shot 😫 Thankful I found it but couldn't finish what was turning into a decent round.

Bag Boy Sparta XL

Cleveland Launcher HB

Mizuno ST-180 3 Wood

Srixon Z H65 3H

Ping G410 4i

Callaway Razr X HL 5-PW

Cleveland CBX2 50, 56

Maltby 60

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 4 Putter

Boy oh boy did I have a round that could have been... Playing one of the toughest courses around last night with my buddies and I had quite the round going. My previous best on the course was a 38, which on this course is a pretty good score. The thing about this course is the greens. The green speeds typically run around 10-12 on the stimp meter, which means they are slicker than slick. You can get in a lot of trouble if you keep yourself above the hole. 

I started out going par, birdie, par, par through my first 4 holes. Sitting at -1 through 4 is a good start to any round, but I was especially happy with it at Finkbine. And then there was hole 5... Hit a great tee shot into a fairway bunker. Chunked the bunker shot over by a greenside bunker where I still had 50 yards left to the flag. I tried to get cute with my shot and flopped it right into the bunker. I then splashed out and two-putt for a double bogey on 5. I bounced back with a solid par and then a birdie on 7 thanks to a 30-foot putt that dropped. I had a nice up and down on 8 to save a par which had me at even par going into 9... My tee shot ended up in a fairway bunker, my next shot hit the lip and went maybe 10 yards. Hit up to the green, chipped on, and two-putt for a double and a total round of 38. 

My iron striking has been really good to start the year and I haven't been making many bad mistakes. Looking back on the two holes that I doubled, they very easily could've been avoided. I need to remind myself not to take the hero shot and instead, be okay with a bogey. Lots of good reflection after the round last night and feeling good going into the rest of the season!

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST MAX LS

Hybrid: SIM 2 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 4-P

Wedges: Sub70 TAIII 50, 54, 60

Putter: Mizuno M.Craft Type 03 Putter

Maxfli Tour Golf Ball Review

Rapsodo MLM2Pro Launch Monitor Review

Unofficial Mizuno Type III Putter Review

Played Bulle Rock up in Maryland yesterday, course was immaculate in preparation for the Women's Big10 Championship so it was cart paths only to protect the course. Not to whine too much but I keep noticing at the nicer golf courses that they do not have ball washers on the course. That's fine if it's a course that provides or makes caddies available, but that's generally not the case. I was also a little shocked to notice there was no water available anywhere on the course; maybe that changes during the hot weather, but not having water available on the course seems like a bit of a safety issue IMHO.

I shot a 104 but was let down by my putting with 4 3-putts. I was pretty strong from tee to green (hit 4 GiR) and had a few more chances to get up & down for par that I did not convert. What I'm really struggling with right now is after a big drive and approach shot, is throttling down and adjusting my swing to hit a decent chip; I find myself either trying to baby it and fluffing it way short or trying to come through aggressively and blading it over the green.

Despite my poor score I really enjoyed myself yesterday, I hit more good shots than bad ones and I feel my game heading in the right direction. I played at a beautiful course, the weather was perfect, and I was playing with two of my oldest friends, guys I've known since my freshman year of college. Days don't get too much better than that and I'm playing in a tournament on Friday at Renditions.

WITB

Calloway Hyper X Driver TaylorMade SIM2 Max D

Paradym 3-wood

Ping G430 3-hybrid

Ping G430 4-PW

Ping 50, 54, 58 wedges

Old ass putter from my old bag TP Hydro Blast Soto

3 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

Just got done playing and had a great round. Driver was fading a little more than I would have liked but was staying in play.  Irons were good and I'm seeing some real progress. 

17132767985411412350238000647172.jpg.010ed5d964d344405fa9c22cfe38add8.jpg

I made a few simple mistakes and missed a few birdie putts but overall super happy with the round. 

20240416_073225.jpg.797f550a97b197ceafa2112ea79ee9a5.jpg

20240416_081739.jpg.44e04787cb768e325914406cf2888626.jpg

20240416_082304.jpg.dd8b92c84eec04e6f87d5d740e64ebb9.jpg

20240416_084331.jpg.0d6e9f964da711e8465b8ba8f32524cc.jpg

Has there been any progress on the situation with the course maintenance issue?

TSR1, 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, 6-S

TSR1, 15*, HZRDUS Black, 5.5 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT HYBRID 17/Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022)

Ever play honestly not terribly, and still shoot awful?  Had a 51 on saturday and I really didnt play super poorly... except in one aspect of the game.

PUTTING

Ooof.  I three putted I think.... almost every hole.  So I lost I mean at least 5-6 strokes off just putts.

Just could not get a grasp on speed that day, short / long / no where close.  It was rough.

Like seriously.  I was hitting greens... ffs hit a hybrid 170+ carry over water on my second shot and then three putt on one hole.  Agony.

Edited by skraeling

Stack Referral code

Driver - Sim2Max 10.5° (set at 9*) UST Helium shaft

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

irons - Sim2OS kbsmax85mt steel shafts reg flex 5i-Aw

wedgies - Jaws MD5 52°-10° (Bounce) S Grind

Jaws MD5 56°-12° (Bounce) W Grind

Putter - Mizuno OMOI Type II

Final Sugar "Pure" Golf Balls Review

1 hour ago, skraeling said:

Ever play honestly not terribly, and still shoot awful?  Had a 51 on saturday and I really didnt play super poorly... except in one aspect of the game.

PUTTING

Ooof.  I three putted I think.... almost every hole.  So I lost I mean at least 5-6 strokes off just putts.

Just could not get a grasp on speed that day, short / long / no where close.  It was rough.

Like seriously.  I was hitting greens... ffs hit a hybrid 170+ carry over water on my second shot and then three putt on one hole.  Agony.

I feel your pain brother!!! That was me yesterday; I 3 putted on 3/4 greens I hit in regulation. So gross.

WITB

Calloway Hyper X Driver TaylorMade SIM2 Max D

Paradym 3-wood

Ping G430 3-hybrid

Ping G430 4-PW

Ping 50, 54, 58 wedges

Old ass putter from my old bag TP Hydro Blast Soto

2 hours ago, William P said:

Has there been any progress on the situation with the course maintenance issue?

They came out and worked on the spots a touch and then scalped it the rest of the way.  We will see what happens.  They did fertilize and it took care of the poa.  

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

9 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

They came out and worked on the spots a touch and then scalped it the rest of the way.  We will see what happens.  They did fertilize and it took care of the poa.  

Hope it rebounds quickly and you and other members can enjoy a better situation soon.

TSR1, 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, 6-S

TSR1, 15*, HZRDUS Black, 5.5 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT HYBRID 17/Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022)

4 minutes ago, William P said:

Hope it rebounds quickly and you and other members can enjoy a better situation soon.

I just pretent to treat them as small greens and look at the positive. Haha. Aim small, miss small.  If I want a decent putt, I have to hit it close or pick my landing spots. 

15 minutes ago, GolfSpy_SHARK said:

42/44 today. I played a lot better then the score tee to just off the green. Struggled putting and chipping initially. Came together in the middle with a string of 6 pars then struggled to putt again. Few misreads and giving the greens to much credit.

beautiful day that was pretty windy. Was very happy with my ability to lower ball flight when I needed to. Had some really pure irons today. Can’t wait to get out again.

IMG_3933.jpeg

It looks like you had a beautiful day to be out there, Mark. I'm glad you had a good time and it looks like you scored well.

Another beautiful mid-Michigan day. Mid 60's and generally sunny light wind. My usual course has opened up and it was nice to see the grass greening up real nice. By the weekend we might be able to see a difference in the fairway vs the rough. Had an OK round of 9. I was real happy with my approach shots. Hit 7 out of 9 greens.  had two 3 putts and one double b due to headspace and timing issues. It's early so I don't have any misgivings about the season. Just glad it has made it to Michigan.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

39 minutes ago, GolfSpy_SHARK said:

42/44 today. I played a lot better then the score tee to just off the green. Struggled putting and chipping initially. Came together in the middle with a string of 6 pars then struggled to putt again. Few misreads and giving the greens to much credit.

beautiful day that was pretty windy. Was very happy with my ability to lower ball flight when I needed to. Had some really pure irons today. Can’t wait to get out again.

IMG_3933.jpeg

That course looks awesome!  

32 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

It looks like you had a beautiful day to be out there, Mark. I'm glad you had a good time and it looks like you scored well.

8 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

That course looks awesome!  

It’s a great track. Has two of my favorite par 5’s on it. Can’t complain about the scoring overall but still gonna complain about the short stick 😂

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

That course looks premium!  Beautiful!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

27 holes over 7 hours, I'm wiped out! (We sat and ate lunch after 18)

Played first 18 on a course I haven't been on in awhile.  My coworkers decided it would be good since we are playing in a department benefit tournament next week there.

This is NOT the same course I remember it being! Almost zero maintenance! Bunkers are dirt and rocks! Greens are laced with clover and full of sand filled bare spots. Fairways didn't look watered at all.

Started out Bogey Bogey mainly because the greens were unpredictable,  both slow and fast spots,  and the ball literally was bouncing up and down on 90% of the putts. And they were hard!

I hit 7/14 Fairways,  but had some amazing recovery shots. Hit all my par 3s off the tee, and had 2 , 3 putts the entire round.

What was crazy is I stuck the flag on one approach from 85 yards out, but because the greens were so hard it bounced about 5 foot high and rolled away 12 feet!  We all were looking for the divot that it should have left,  and there wasn't one!!

Finished off 44/43 from the whites. 

After lunch we decided to go off for another 9. The manager/bartender must have heard us whining about the greens and bunkers because he comped us the half round. 

We played the best drive off the tee, then played our own balls onto the green. Shot a 42 in the back 9. 

We all agreed to take backwards relief if anyone ended up in the rockbed , aka bunkers, after the 2nd hole of the day. 

For the $35 per round midweek, you get what you pay for.

Oh, and didn't lose 1 ball!!! (Was playing the mindset)

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_SHARK said:

IMG_3933.jpeg

Looks like a gorgeous day!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Last night was league night.   Gorgeous evening with temps in the 60s.    My handicap for this course is a 3.   Started off poorly and snapped hooked first tee shot OB and ended up with a triple to begin the round.   Approach shot on my second hole caught a branch and knocked the ball down; burned the edge on the par putt to bogey the hole.  Was able to turn it around after that and finished the remaining 7 holes at even par with a birdie and bogey.  

Tee shots were a weakness; I only hit 1 fairway and that was with an iron.  Short game was probably the best it has been in a long time and it was needed since I only hit 4 greens.   Putting was good with 15 putts and based on strokes gained was 0.10 strokes better than a PGA pro.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

First official league round last night. I had two pretty dumb holes, but was very happy with the rest. Started with a double from 4 feet off the green in two. 🤦‍♂️ After that, 5 pars, 2 "acceptable" bogies, and a thoroughly unacceptable bogey.

Let's talk about hole #8 for a moment. Apparently, a natural gas company has easement rights on the golf course as a pipeline runs through the course. Last year, they removed a bunch of trees on a couple holes out of fear that the roots would disrupt the pipeline. All the trees in the shaded yellow are gone. As an aside, it would have been kind of fun to watch - they rented a helicopter to fly the cut trees out to avoid damaging the course. This hole used to be my nemesis due to my natural fade/slice with the thick forest on the right and the trees on the left creating problems. Since the trees were removed, the hole has gotten a lot easier for the longer guys in our league - aim left and if you hit it straight, you are in the clearing with a nice view of the green. Hit natural fade and you end up in the fairway. Only a really bad slice gets into the forest. Last night, I hit it dead straight and got a good bounce off the cart path (Arccos said it was a 316 yard drive), leaving me with a little 60-ish yard chip with tons of green to play with (red dot approx. location of tee ball). As I was walking to my ball, the "what ifs" started getting into my mind (i.e. "you know, if you par 8 and 9, it's a 38...") and I could not shut it down fast enough. Of course I chunked the first chip about 20 yards. Chip and two putts for my bogey. I ended up shooting a 40 for the night (+5 for that nine, 1 over my handicap). My opponent shot his handicap so I lost by 1. Most facets of my game were pretty good, but short game was either really good or brutal, with little in-between.

No8.png.ede60182a8e1e95d8d667481ccdcc66a.png

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

5 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

First official league round last night. I had two pretty dumb holes, but was very happy with the rest. Started with a double from 4 feet off the green in two. 🤦‍♂️ After that, 5 pars, 2 "acceptable" bogies, and a thoroughly unacceptable bogey.

Let's talk about hole #8 for a moment. Apparently, a natural gas company has easement rights on the golf course as a pipeline runs through the course. Last year, they removed a bunch of trees on a couple holes out of fear that the roots would disrupt the pipeline. All the trees in the shaded yellow are gone. As an aside, it would have been kind of fun to watch - they rented a helicopter to fly the cut trees out to avoid damaging the course. This hole used to be my nemesis due to my natural fade/slice with the thick forest on the right and the trees on the left creating problems. Since the trees were removed, the hole has gotten a lot easier for the longer guys in our league - aim left and if you hit it straight, you are in the clearing with a nice view of the green. Hit natural fade and you end up in the fairway. Only a really bad slice gets into the forest. Last night, I hit it dead straight and got a good bounce off the cart path (Arccos said it was a 316 yard drive), leaving me with a little 60-ish yard chip with tons of green to play with (red dot approx. location of tee ball). As I was walking to my ball, the "what ifs" started getting into my mind (i.e. "you know, if you par 8 and 9, it's a 38...") and I could not shut it down fast enough. Of course I chunked the first chip about 20 yards. Chip and two putts for my bogey. I ended up shooting a 40 for the night (+5 for that nine, 1 over my handicap). My opponent shot his handicap so I lost by 1. Most facets of my game were pretty good, but short game was either really good or brutal, with little in-between.

No8.png.ede60182a8e1e95d8d667481ccdcc66a.png

The course I play frequently did something similar…very tight driving hole (trees on the right right to the fairway and everything slopes down to the creek off the fairway left) that would require a left to right shot (which I don’t have for my driver/3w).  They removed all the trees down the right for utility line work which opened up the entire right side (it’s an easy shot from the right now)…changed the entire hole for me. 

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter