What are your hobbies outside of golf?

TSauer

1 hour ago, rkj427 said:

Your Dad is a member of the Corvette club we both belong too here. 👍

I saw your Mom at our club meeting last night. 😎

That's hilarious! I guess my username is a giveaway. 

Bag Boy Sparta XL

Cleveland Launcher HB

Mizuno ST-180 3 Wood

Srixon Z H65 3H

Ping G410 4i

Callaway Razr X HL 5-PW

Cleveland CBX2 50, 56

Maltby 60

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 4 Putter

Mainly golf and fishing are my two.  I fished exclusively for the 8 or so years I quit playing golf.  Picked golf back up about 2 years ago and golf mostly exclusively now.  

Driver:  Taylore Made Burner 2

5 wood:  Cobra RadSpeed

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 225, Project X Shaft

Wedges:  Mizuno

Putter:  Odyssey

As someone with two young kids (about to turn 5 & 2) I saw this and thought "Ah the good old days of hobbies..."

I jest of course (somewhat) but a lot of my spare time is family and the kids. I've always been determined to be very hands on with the kids and I love them to bits so a lot of weekend activity is reserved for them. It's getting easier now to do things independently though so I must admit, the thought of my own hobbies is creeping back in. Before kids, I used to play football (soccer for the Yanks on here) religiously with a 5-a-side team during summer and 11-a-side during winter. I have played since I was 6 years old and got to a decent level (I had a trial with Fulham as a kid!). I loved it but when our second arrived, I scaled back a bit. Plus getting older and consistently having at least one injury a season has got me slowing down now I've turned 40... I still play 11-a-side but have dropped down a few leagues and play more for the fun than competing.

Golf takes up most of my time out of the house at the moment but that also includes taking the eldest out with me occasionally.  Been working on his swing a bit recently and getting him to line himself up a bit more so he's hitting the ball more consistently. Makes my day when he's having fun doing something I love. He's also started getting into football and I'm coaching his team this year which will be fun to do together. 

Teddyalignment.jpg.f3207ddb8ce3be0810d4d85880b54c6a.jpg

Of an evening, I love reading and also some board games & puzzles to break up the TV watching - I found during COVID, I definitely needed something that wasn't TV to break up the week and engage the brain a bit as well. 

:callaway-small: Callaway X 416
:mizuno-small: Hybrid 19° - JPX850
:cobra-small: Baffler 23° Hybrid
:mizuno-small: Irons - MPH4 5-PW
:vokey-small:SM7 54°
:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore Full-Face 50° & 58°
RUNNER Mallet putter  

Other than golf, I like to brew my own beer and use my smoker. No pics on my phone but plenty on my IG page. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

6 hours ago, billybogey said:

Just a Minute as have to ask "The Princes; HRH" what they are??

Can't say I spotted the reference to this but I'm assuming the British Royal Family with HRH being His Royal Highness

:callaway-small: Callaway X 416
:mizuno-small: Hybrid 19° - JPX850
:cobra-small: Baffler 23° Hybrid
:mizuno-small: Irons - MPH4 5-PW
:vokey-small:SM7 54°
:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore Full-Face 50° & 58°
RUNNER Mallet putter  

Golf in the summer and curl in the winter. Love em both.

Golfer in Summer, Curler in Winter

TM  Stealth  Ventus shaft

Callaway Epic Flash 5 adjusted to 4.

TM SIM 7 wood

TM M1 3 hybrid adjusted to 4

Callaway Apex 4 - P

Vokey 52, 56, 60

Odyssey 2 Ball with Black Line

13 hours ago, Jonesie said:

I agree with the above who said as you age, your hobbies change. I am 55 now, so the biking I do is less vertical hills and more flat trails.  I play many musical instruments since I’m a band director,
but lately what’s really got my creative juice going is photography. I mostly shoot landscapes, and golf courses are some of my favorites. 

All in on the music stuff - I was a music major in college and played trumpet professionally for a while after school and then did side gigs for a number of years - 15 or so until I became a pastor.  Somewhere along the way I discovered that I could sing - no one is putting me in a role at the met but I love singing and have a good enough ear that I'm not hurting anyone if they have me in their group.  Plus even at 67 I can still sing tenor.  

I love music, almost all kinds of music.  Since my church has a school, I've even had the chance to direct our choirs and bands.  I'm the chief sub when one of the music teachers is out.  I did a long term instrumental gig with the middle school band last year when we were between instrumental directors.  Those kids were incredible - we got a Superior at our Music Festival - first time ever - it was so much fun -  

So music and scotch are my hobbies other than golf - and I suppose baseball and UConn Husky basketball - go Huskies!

Driver: Taylor Made Xi10 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  R flex   - 44.25 

Fairways:  Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta CB red 65 R flex

Hybrid:  Ping G410  26 degree  Alta CB Red 70 R flex 

Irons: Ping G430  7-PW, 45, 50 Alta CB black 65 soft R flex 

Wedges:  Ping 195 S54, E58

Wedges and irons are - 1/2” and one degree flat 

Putter: Sacks Parente Duke 32.5”

Ball: Titleist Pro VI or Callaway Chrome Soft X ls

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

Since I never listed what I enjoy outside of golf…

My primary time consumer when it’s not golf season is video games. I play on PC and enjoy League of Legends and FPS games. 

I also really enjoy woodworking and just building things in general. For a while I was huge into building mechanical keyboards… talk about another expensive hobby. 

Hiking and fishing is another thing I love doing, and if I’m being honest, I wish I did more of it. I never really got into hunting, which is odd considering where I live. But, I’ll never turn down an opportunity to fish or hike. 

Lastly, I love and also hate lawn care. It’s nice seeing the fruits of your labor but also frustrating when the moles decide to just move in and destroy your hard work. 

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

1 hour ago, Preeway said:

Other than golf, I like to brew my own beer and use my smoker. No pics on my phone but plenty on my IG page. 

I'm with you on both of that and will also throw in archery and cycling.

Callaway epic speed Callaway os iron talormade 3 hybrid cleveland rtx 3 wedges

Racing, of many forms, has been primary.  Thanks to my father, it began at age 4 with motorcycles. First win, and trophy, by age 5 and that was it I was hooked.  I went on to race many forms of motorcycles, like many other posts listed here, and then switched to auto racing when physically I couldn’t compete at the level I wanted on bikes. Also had a few years mountain biking and road racing bicycles, that began as an effort to stay in shape for auto racing.  Unfortunately I have a tendency to have intense focus with activities I get interested in, so ended up getting very involved racing pedal bikes for a period.  I’ve enjoyed many forms of auto racing through the years, and am now looking for a retirement gig! A family member asked me to golf one day a couple of years ago, and that’s my new focus.  So far I’ve been trying to golf for fun and relaxation, but that likely won’t last for long. If the past is any indication it won’t be long before every minute of the day is spent working to improve my game😅

Racer Turned Golfer

Riding is not a Hobbie for me, but a soul freeing passion I've had since I was 5. It began with riding on the tank of my dad and uncles bikes.

DEALSGAP05164.jpg.236b82c5f71167c286af3aa58ecb1e85.jpg

My bike is a 2001 Yamaha YZF600R (aka thundercat for the euros here) it now has nearly 140,000 miles on it. I bought it new with 6 miles on it in 2001.

I've done track days through STT, at Loudon, VIR 1 and 2, little tally, and jennings. Ive rode through 14 states, done off road trails, and even rode in 25⁰ temps in February Several years ago 

I attend an annual meet at the Tail of the Dragon every July. This year is our 20th year anniversary meet.

FB_IMG_1568113900253.jpg.30fe658fdb05bc5761848b02d9185973.jpgFB_IMG_1599803805549.jpg.d65794e393610df807114709b71e320c.jpg

I have owned other bikes prior to this one, and a couple others over the last 20 years. There isn't anything about this bike I cant fix myself.

FB_IMG_1496458315066.jpg.48cadace1ee00a04e8926ccdb4f69b2f.jpg

I taught all my sons to ride at young ages, and several other friends too. (They all still took MSF courses as well when they were legal age, which is 14 in Alabama)

The orange bike above is the "General Weeee"  (91 nighthawk 250)  and has 43000 miles  between the 2 motors.

it was a garage sale find of sorts, and it didn't run. This is where I was able to pass on the FYOS gene to my boys.(fix your own $hit) It was already orange and had the 01 painted on it. When each got their M license, I tore the bike down, and let them rebuild it (including the head, piston, rods, etc) we still have the weeeee. It's not running as I need a new carb for it, and both boys are grown and moved on. It also has been rode over 7 states,  and slayed the dragon (even made killboys highlights 2 years in a row)

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Great insight into your bike life @Rob Person

The Yamaha is going strong! My first ever road bike was a Yamaha TZR 125, which is the engine size limit for new bikers here in the UK until you pass your test. 
Over the years I’ve had numerous bikes and have been riding for the last 35 years. I currently ride a Honda VFR1200F that I bought 7 years ago with 5000 miles on it. It’s now got 47000 and going strong. Like you I fix everything on it myself but being a a Honda it’s pretty reliable. 
My favourite bike was a 2005 Kawasaki ZX6RR that I bought new. It was a fantastic bike and I don’t think I’d have got rid of it but it was stolen ☹️

As a police motorcyclist I get to ride fast on the road legally 🤣 but I’m also an IAM ( Institute of Advanced Motorists) examiner and conduct tests for advanced drivers and riders who are wanting to become advanced motorists

Driver: IMG_5084.png.5fbbd783dcc8d621f65db4e523c4867a.png G430 Max

Fairway: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg LTDx Max 3 wood

Hybrid: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik 3 hybrid 

Irons: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg Forged Tec 4-PW + GW

Wedges: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Jaws 56

IMG_5733.jpeg.1e4058deebcd18f2f88ac5dcaa6c8149.jpegSM9 52

Putter: IMG_5308.webp.c1f0b99088f53de60d3349e71f9c2844.webp Mallet

Ball: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Chrome Soft

Retired 2 years ago when I turned 50 which allowed me more time for the things I like most.

Muskie fishing whenever I can with some bass fishing once in a while.

Shooting pool and snooker every morning for about an hour.

Stereo I have been working on for the last 20 years and always looking for improved sonics.  

Throwing darts.  I have been working on my stance and throw for the last 14 years due to an injury.  Finally getting closer than before injury.

In the process of getting equipment for woodworking.  Started working at my father's factory when I was 7 and always enjoyed using machines and hand tools.

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

I am an avid curler (you know--the sport played on ice that you watch in the Olympics with the brooms and the big granite stones)

It is a winter sport and a perfect complement to golf in Chicago.  Just when golf is winding down in October/November, curling starts up.  And it runs though March/April when golf is starting up!

Cheers

Driver: Ping G430

5 wood: Taylormade Stealth 2

Hybrids: Taylormade Stealth 2

Irons: Ping G700 6-PW

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54 & 60

Putter: Ping Anser

Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft

When not golfing, which happens a lot in the midwest, unfortunately. I enjoy going to local sporting events and have recently started attending concerts again. 

Recently saw Journey with my 9 year old (huge fan), and looking forward to Pantera/Metallica as well as Weezer later this year. As you can tell, I'm into a variety of music. Which usually makes it easy to find a good show. 

I play TaylorMade driver, Cobra irons, and putt with a never compromise putter. Misc wedges

I have 3 kids, 2 of which play golf and love it as much as me. 

Not necessarily a hobby but very frequently through 46 years of marriage fix what she breaks.  I like to build things and have done quite a bit of woodworking.  Also remodeling including during Covid spring finished our bonus room and bath over our garage.   Built the staircase, all of the trim, painting, bathroom tile, shower pan, etc.

Love to build legos with my grandson, and did a few on my own (space shuttle, Technic Posche).  Sometimes I’ll binge in doing a puzzle.

I read almost every night before going to bed.  Mostly fiction but currently working on Oppenheimer.  Learning a lot about the level of antisemitism back in the ‘30s, communist party activity, and other hatred in this country.  The book is about 600 pages, smallest font I’ve ever seem - should be about 1500 pages.  

Edited by GaryF

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

Taking turns watching 6 grandkids off and on. While doing it teaching those little critters what hammers, saws, screwdrivers and duct tape are for. Always fun to listen to their ideas of what they want to build and with what materials they plan to use. 

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

My life outside of golf consists of substitute teaching a couple days each week; spending time with my wife, our 3 kids, and our 10 grandkids; and completing my household chores.  Not very often, but occasionally, I will go fly fishing with a couple of buddies.  

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° w/UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

Toura Golf CB 5-PW Recoil 95 regular

Toura Golf 48° GW and Corey Paul wedges bent to 52° and 57°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

15 hours ago, GaryF said:

Not necessarily a hobby but very frequently through 46 years of marriage fix what she breaks.  I like to build things and have done quite a bit of woodworking.  Also remodeling including during Covid spring finished our bonus room and bath over our garage.   Built the staircase, all of the trim, painting, bathroom tile, shower pan, etc.

Love to build legos with my grandson, and did a few on my own (space shuttle, Technic Posche).  Sometimes I’ll binge in doing a puzzle.

I read almost every night before going to bed.  Mostly fiction but currently working on Oppenheimer.  Learning a lot about the level of antisemitism back in the ‘30s, communist party activity, and other hatred in this country.  The book is about 600 pages, smallest font I’ve ever seem - should be about 1500 pages.  

Building legos is so much fun, but I can't believe the price of a set!

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST R Flex

3 Wood: TaylorMade Razr

Hybrids: Callaway Rogue Max 3 - 5

Irons: TaylorMade M5

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 4 52, 54/Titleist Vokey M6 56

Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7

R.jpg

Kitesurfing, and photography are my two main hobbies. I don't have time for too many extras between playing golf and having a 11 and 13yr old.

This is me

image.png.14c9847c08b80c8c082b57d5c3d1fcb4.png

And some of my photography work. I do a lot of model work, sports photography with a water housing, etc

image.png.f4fd0cfb8bbbe26260b2de3c92ccdc65.png

TSR2 9° with Tensei AV Xlink Blue 65 TSR Stiff  
TSR2 15° HZRDUS Black Stiff
TSR2 18° HZRDUS Black Stiff
2 Iron T200 Utility HZRDUS Black Stiff
4 Iron T200 Utility HZRDUS Black Stiff
T150 5- PW (44) Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 Stiff
Vokey SM9 48.10 F Grind, 
Vokey SM9 54.10 S Grind, 
Vokey SM9 60.08 M Grind, 
L.A.B Mezz Max Broomstick
Grip Master Tour Wrap Grips
Taylormade TP5

5 hours ago, Mr_BogeyPro said:

Building legos is so much fun, but I can't believe the price of a set!

I totally agree, prices are discouraging.  But every set I work on, I’m amazed at the sheer quality and accuracy.  And every time I think a piece might be missing, I find it.  And for young kids, they learn quickly how to follow directions and learn how to visualize between the actual article and the instructions.  

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

6 minutes ago, GaryF said:

I totally agree, prices are discouraging.  But every set I work on, I’m amazed at the sheer quality and accuracy.  And every time I think a piece might be missing, I find it.  And for young kids, they learn quickly how to follow directions and learn how to visualize between the actual article and the instructions.  

Absolutely! 

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST R Flex

3 Wood: TaylorMade Razr

Hybrids: Callaway Rogue Max 3 - 5

Irons: TaylorMade M5

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 4 52, 54/Titleist Vokey M6 56

Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7

R.jpg

On 4/3/2024 at 9:54 PM, Rob Person said:

I attend an annual meet at the Tail of the Dragon every July. This year is our 20th year anniversary meet.

FB_IMG_1599803805549.jpg.d65794e393610df807114709b71e320c.jpg

I've had a few MINIs and I didn't live far from The Dragon. I've been there quite a few times. Only made Killboy once though.

Driver: TaylorMade Stealth 2

Fairway Woods: TaylorMade Stealth 2 5&7

Hybrids: PXG Gen 5 0311 22 Moon Wood 8

Irons: TaylorMade Stealth HD

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 56° & 60°

Putter: Cleveland Soft Milled 5

BatCaddy X8R

Woodturning and reading are my other hobbies.

One of my golf tee bottle stoppers.

IMG_1063.JPG

IMG_2226.JPG

BatCaddy X8R

10 minutes ago, hohjoe said:

IMG_1063.JPG

IMG_2226.JPG

That's cool!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

3 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

That's cool!

Thanks!

BatCaddy X8R

2 hours ago, hohjoe said:

IMG_1063.JPG

IMG_2226.JPG

Wow, from the photos it seems like a lot of material to get through to reach the end size!  Hahaha 😂 just kidding.  Thats really cool!!

Racer Turned Golfer