How many balls do you carry?

So reading through all 4 pages, most carry about a dozen average. Seems to be a good number to have on hand. 

I'm a bit cautious as well, and some days I will only use 1 or 2 balls, some rounds maybe 6! The last few rounds I've managed to play the same ball. I did lose one to a wild tree branch, but recovered it the next day miraculously. 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

WAY too many!  I probably have around three dozen in my bag at one time.  About 30 "good" balls and another half dozen for chipping and pitching before a round.  Plus, I tend to look for balls as I'm playing.  The only time it bothers me is when I'm moving my bag in and out of my trunk.  I walk, but push a cart.

My only claim to golf fame is that I haven't purchased a ball in 58 years.  Between found balls and ones received at outings, etc., I probably have around 300 tour quality balls at home at any one time and give my grandkids another 100 per year.

Driver :taylormade-small:Taylormade R7 HT

Fairway 3 and 5 :taylormade-small: Taylormade R7 

Irons 4-PW :taylormade-small:Taylomade M2 Tour

Wedges 52 58 :callaway-small: Callaway MD

Putter :titleist-small:  Scotty Cameron  Newport 2 Select

Ball :titleist-small: Pro V-1 or AVX

I usually have 8-10 with me. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I would guess that I usually have between 2 and 3 dozen balls in my bag. I know I don't need that many because I don't loose that many. I maybe loose or damage 1 or 2 balls a round but I don't like to be bringing four or five to my bag every other time I play. That make me feel like I'm loosing balls all the time because I have to restock. I just wait until I buy a dozen balls and put them all in the bag.

I have 20 to 30. I look for balls in the ponds and keep the good ones.  When I get home I take out many of the balls.  I keep the spare balls at home in a 5 gallon bucket.  When the bucket is full I give them to 1st Tee.

Enjoy all the test results for clubs and balls

😂...vacillate between a 3-4 handicap nowadays, but, was an 18-20 when I began playing regularly 22-23 years ago.  Back then, the greatest fear was running out of golf balls and it happened once.  I still carry this weird scar tissue around, so, will always have a comfortable 10 balls in the bag.  The game isn't mental though.  😂😂

As of 4/20/24

Driver:   Titleist TSr3 10.0 w/ Tensei AV Series Blue S Shaft

Wood:   PXG 3 wood 15* w/ HZRDUS Smoke Black Low Spin Shaft

2-Hybrid: PXG Gen5 0311 17* w/ EvenFlow Riptide Graphite Hybrid Shaft

3-Hybrid: Taylor Made Burner Superfast 2.0 18* w/ Stock S shaft

Irons:    PXG 0311P Series - 5-7 Iron; 0311T Series 8-W

Wedge: PXG Sugar Daddy 0311 - 50,54,60 degree 

Putter:  EVNRLL ER2 Black

Balls:  ProV1

This is a very good question and speaks to your mental game. I carry about a dozen golf balls, usually 2 sleeves of fresh balls and then 4-6 balls that have been used incase I am playing more aggressively or not playing well at all. Losing a ball every other hole would be an extremely bad day for me now so I would still have plenty of balls. Also, if you look I guarantee you can find a few more balls if you need them. 

Lefty Gang 

It all depends.  If it is my home course that I play all the time, I will keep like 6 in my bag.  If I am going to a course I have never played or not entirely familiar with, I will take a dozen just to be safe.  Best of luck this year everyone!

I will always start with 1 on the tee and then 2 in my pocket. I know its a tough day if i have to reach back in the bag for more. I will usually carry 8-12 balls in my bag at a time. I think last year I had a total of 5 lost was my highest round so I used 6 balls, but I really came out ahead that day cause I will spend 90 seconds looking for a ball (I literally set a timer on my watch) and I found more than I lost that day. People who won't play a ball cause it has a scuff on it are the same people that won't let quicker groups play through and spent 10 mins trying to count to 3 on the green. 

A.Sjoberg 

I try to bring at least 9 new balls with me and about 4 "mental health" balls that I don't feel pressured to retrieve.

Nothing worse than buying more balls at the turn...

B

Sent from my SM-S921U using Tapatalk

Odyssey XG #9

Cleveland CG15 wedges 54/58

Takomo 101 irons PW-4

Rescue hybrid 3 

M6 3W & Driver

Bridgestone e12 

I usually carry about a dozen balls in my bag.  Typically have my bag on my Motocaddy electric cart so weight isn’t a concern.  When I carry my bag, I’ll only have 8 balls.

Ping G430 Max Driver

:callaway-small: Rogue 5 wood

:callaway-small: Rogue 7 wood

:mizuno-small: Irons Hot Metal Pro 4 - G

:titleist-small: Wedges 52 and 56

:ping-small: Putter Fetch

12, if I loose that many before 18 I'm going home anyway!!!

Woods:  :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Max LS 9*,  :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6S / :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+, 15*, Stealth 2, 22*, both w/MCA Diamana Thump 75S
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 X Proto 4H & 5H, Xcaliber RTI75 S  

Irons: :Takomo: IRON 101 6-PW, Accra T90i S
Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX ZipCore 48*, Accra T90i, 53* & 58*, Accra T100i S
Putter: LAB Golf EF3, Accra graphite, 34", Press II 3*

Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag/Cart: :callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 Stand Bag / :Clicgear: 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2, Swivel kit
Accessories: :Arccos: 360 /  Garmin G80 / Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized 

image.png

6 new-6 used depending on if I don’t clan out my bag. 

Played golf for over 50 years until my health and business calendar reduced my time to less then 5 rounds a year. Then 4 years ago I retired, changed my diet and lifestyle, lost 100 pounds and got back on the course. Its been a struggle but things are getting better.

I usually start out the round with about 6 - 8 balls, but that number grows as I find other balls in the woods, while searching for my errant tee shot. After the round, the best 6 or so balls stay in the bag, and the others go into my practice bucket.

I normally carry 9-12 balls with a spare in my pocket all of the time.  I can never remember losing more than 6 in a round (and I now play that course only when I have to).

Driver; Callaway RAZR Fit

Fairway and hybrids: Callaway X2 Pro

Irons: Mizuno JPX 825

Wedges: Mizuno JPX 825 Pro

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

My normal is two sleeves with a couple used but in good condition to start with. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

Just a regular round at my club, usually have anywhere between 8-12 balls in my bag. If I go on a week long golf trip, it’s more like 12-16. 

Edited by mottyshreds

Driver - Titleist TSR3 - 9.75 Degree - Accra TZ 6 Gen 2 60 M5

5 Wood - Cobra Aerojet LS - X Stiff - 17 degree - MCA Kai'li Blue

Titleist 505u - 3 iron - HZRDUS Smoke - X Stiff  

Titleist T100 - 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue - X100 

Titleist Vokey - SM8 - 52/56/60 - S Grind 

Odyssey Jailbird Limited Edition 380 Versa  

Golf Pride Tour Velvet Midsize Grips 

Pro V1 

Red Rooster Glove 

I generally carry 6-9 depending on the course I am playing and how likely I am to lose a few in the water/woods. I never need them all, but it doesn't hurt. I always come home with more than I started with though. Surprisingly, a lot of people don't want to look very hard for their balls if they're not in the fairway!

• Cobra AMP Cell Driver
  • Cobra Aerojet 3 Wood
  • Cobra LTDx 3 Hybrid
  • Cobra LTDx 5-GW Irons
  • Tour Edge 52,56, 60
  • Odyssey White Hot #4