Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Scottie & Rory vs Brooks & Bryson

gavinski91

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2024/09/04/pga-tour-rory-mcilroy-scottie-scheffler-liv-golf-bryson-dechambeau-brooks-koepka-match-las-vegas/

Sounds like the next edition of The Match will be PGA vs LIV, should be interesting. Saw some stuff elsewhere that the PGA Tour wasn't aware of the event, will have to see what comes out yet.

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB at 7.5°, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
Utility - :mizuno-small: Pro 225 3i, Mitsubishi MMT 105S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review | 2024 Claw Glove Review

Are they not merging anymore? Just finished the Full Swing series and they talked about a merger. 

Regardless that will be an awesome match to follow. 

High handicap golfer looking to have fun with my friends and improve my handicap

Current Clubs

Callaway Epic Flash Sub zero Driver

Strata 3 wood, 5 hybrid

Mizuno 923 Hot Metal HL 5-PW, AW

Bombtech 52, 56, 60 wedges

Odyssey tri hot 5k 22 three putter

Tracking with Arccos sensors

Linktr.ee/Baums2Bogeys for high handicap golf content

I think this is going to be a fantastic edition for this year. Some of "The Matches" have been underwhelming and, IMO, pointless. Sure, Tiger v Phil to kick things off was great. Add in some trash talk between Tom Brady and Charles Barkley makes for some entertainment. But LIV v PGA will have people talking!

Plus, if anything, you've got Bryson and Brooks on the same side. They are tons of fun when fighting each other, but do we think they will double up well???? I dunno. But they are both great at trash talk to the point where I think Rory will just snap, which would be well worth it.

Fair Winds and Birdie Balls

Driver/Wood: Titleist GT2

Irons: Titleist T200 4-PW

Wedges: Callaway Jaws 50, 54, 58

Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach

Ball: ProV1x 

I’m stoked to see the match.  And, I think it should be an annual thing (because I don’t see them merging anytime soon - oh, yes, I have a crystal ball 😉). 

I think it will be a good rivalry and be a bridge between the groups.  

next step, I’d like to see an honorary pga team vs an all star Live team.  These could be really fun rivalries.  

MountainManJeff

I’m on a mission to consistently shoot in the 70’s. 
WITB

Nothing fancy. 
An off-the-shelf bag-in-a-box set of Top Flight clubs from Dicks 

:odyssey-small: Odyssey Rosie EXO mallet outter

I use a pretty cheap TourTrek push cart

i have a Bushnell ion2 Golf watch

:titleist-small: I use Titleist Prov1 golf balls (I also like the :callaway-small: Callaway chrome soft triple track)

home golf simulator is a $50 net, a Garmin Approach R10, and a Motivo golf mat. 

This article popped up in my feed today about a possible solution to the PGA and LIV conversation (see the link below). 

As I read through the article, I like the solution that Padraig Harringtonis suggesting.  

Here’s the link.  

https://www.sbnation.com/golf/2024/9/12/24241798/pga-tour-liv-golf-padraig-harrington-solution

Edited by MountainManJeff
Wanted to add in a word “Like” so that the post read more clearly.

MountainManJeff

WITB

Nothing fancy. 

:titleist-small: I use Titleist Prov1 golf balls (I also like the :callaway-small: Callaway chrome soft triple track)

3 minutes ago, MountainManJeff said:

This article popped up in my feed today about a possible solution to the PGA and LIV conversation (see the link below). 

As I read through the article, I the solution that Padraig Harringtonis suggesting.  

Here’s the link.  

https://www.sbnation.com/golf/2024/9/12/24241798/pga-tour-liv-golf-padraig-harrington-solution

Interesting perspective for sure. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

I am in the minority here, I have zero interest in this event, mostly due to not being a Rory fan. I am just tired of seeing him when he isn't making a cut but yet the networks feel the need to show his shots. Maybe a network issue but all the same his face is my TV and the channel gets changed as fast as I can. 

That said, I hope Brooke's and BD win the match. I would say crush but I like Scottie way more than I don't like Rory, so a win is just fine by me.  

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

23 hours ago, JFish350 said:

I am in the minority here, I have zero interest in this event, mostly due to not being a Rory fan. I am just tired of seeing him when he isn't making a cut but yet the networks feel the need to show his shots. Maybe a network issue but all the same his face is my TV and the channel gets changed as fast as I can. 

That said, I hope Brooke's and BD win the match. I would say crush but I like Scottie way more than I don't like Rory, so a win is just fine by me.  

I understand your point about Rory.  On the flip side I think the exhibition match will be a good thing for the sport and that it can provide a conduit for fans and players to get to know each side and see some great golf… and it would be a fun storyline as well. 

MountainManJeff

WITB

Nothing fancy. 

Very excited for this match.  I think it's a great matchup, though I think it could be argued that Scheffler-Schauffele vs Bryson-Rahm may have been the best matchup based on this year's accomplishments.  

The biggest factor will be how sharp these guys are in what is essentially their off-season.  Have they said anything about the format?

Edited by vamosjackets

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus, :Fuji: Ventus TR Black Velocore 6X.
3W: :taylormade-small: Sim Max, :accra: FX 2.0 200 M3.
3I-PW: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Pro, :Fuji: Axiom Velocore 105 X.
Wedges: 47*, 51*, 55*, 59*: Edison Forged Wedges, Mitsubishi MMT 125g TX.
Putter: :L.A.B.:  DF 2.1
Current Ball:  2022 Chromesoft X as recommended for me by :ping-small: Ballnamic system (highly recommended).
Previous Balls:  Z-Star Divide, Pro V1, Maxfli Tour, TM TP5 Pix, Pro V1x, Vice Pro Soft, Cut Blue ... (See Why!)
Accessories: Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano Ace (Greatest golf shoes on the planet). Watch: Garmin Approach S60. Glove: Kirkland Signature.  Bag: MNML. 
Cart: Foresight Sports ForeCaddy Smart Cart (Unofficial Review).
Previous MGS Tester for: Kid Caddie

3 minutes ago, vamosjackets said:

Have they said anything about the format?

Pretty sure all the other match formats have been a skins game with carryovers.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG