Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

NEW - Ping Trademarks I35 & G35

GolfSpy_X

And I was about to buy an i20. Guess I'd better wait and see, at least the price will come down on the 20s.

In my Adams Hercules cart bag...
    DriverPing I15 9.5* TFC stiff
    Hook MachineTaylormade Burner Superfast Rescue 18*
    3 HybridAdams ProA12 20* stiff matrix Ozik Altus
    IronsCleveland CG16 Tour Black Pearl 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300
    Birdie-MakerMizuno JPX 50*-10*
    Piece of CrapOrlimar 56*
    On the wayCleveland 588 forged 62*-10*
    Mid-Round FuelSnickers bars

I know Ping has a lot of followers for historical reasons and they do some good custom fitting, but are they becoming more and more irrelevant?

I'd love to see the sales numbers. My inclination is to say no, they're doing fine. They don't play the game the way other companies do. They're happy to do things their own quirky way and have whatever success comes along with that.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I'd love to see the sales numbers. My inclination is to say no, they're doing fine. They don't play the game the way other companies do. They're happy to do things their own quirky way and have whatever success comes along with that.

It seems as if they rely,ore on customer loyalty and quality of their product than marketing of sorts. If people want their product, they will by it, and at their price. Kind of like how they exclude themselves from practically very store wide discount.

Piece of CrapOrlimar 56*

It seems as if they rely,ore on customer loyalty and quality of their product than marketing of sorts. If people want their product, they will by it, and at their price. Kind of like how they exclude themselves from practically very store wide discount.

Not practically every, every. The only way to get PING stuff discounted at retail is when PING officially drops the price.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

I know Ping has a lot of followers for historical reasons and they do some good custom fitting, but are they becoming more and more irrelevant?

They have an extremely strong position here in Norway. And in other EU countries. We don't have the same pressure on prices. Things go on sale in the USA before we've hit them on the range over here :) This helps keep Ping prices at a reasonable level compared to other brands.

Their position in the pro market is also excellent. Young players in Norway normally choose Titleist or Ping because that's just the way it is.

Their position in the pro market is also excellent. Young players in Norway normally choose Titleist or Ping because that's just the way it is.

I would to if I was a young pro/collegate/juinor golfer. It's pretty hard to argue with around 70 to 80% of MSRP to get you hooked on the brand.

I keep wondering if Titleist/Ping stole their marketing plan from drug dealers or if it was the other way around. :lol:

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Do they already have trademarks on G/I 25 & 30?

Easiest job in the world? Marketing at PING.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

If ya get a good price on the 20, jump on it. It's a great driver. It's gonna be one of those that you could play two-three generations out and not give away an inch.

Take a look at the MGS review if ya haven't seen it

I rotate it with my RBZ T & it's a beast!

The Best

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

Planning on it, just might wait a bit longer in case the price drops. Love that driver and wood line. Have the i15 driver, and I had the i15 three wood and loved them. Also have hit the i20 driver and 3w. I just don't want to pay full price if its going to come down.

I especially like the shorter shaft on the i20. Come spring I will be looking to upgrade, so hopefully the 35s have come out by then.

Piece of CrapOrlimar 56*

Planning on it, just might wait a bit longer in case the price drops. Love that driver and wood line. Have the i15 driver, and I had the i15 three wood and loved them. Also have hit the i20 driver and 3w. I just don't want to pay full price if its going to come down.

I especially like the shorter shaft on the i20. Come spring I will be looking to upgrade, so hopefully the 35s have come out by then.

I don't think you'll see i35 any time soon. They have i25 and i30 to release first.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I don't think you'll see i35 any time soon. They have i25 and i30 to release first.

Ohhhh, I see. They've already trademarked those I'm guessing? I guess I assumed that since they just trademarked i35 and g35 they would be releasing that soon, skipping i25 and i30

Piece of CrapOrlimar 56*

Ohhhh, I see. They've already trademarked those I'm guessing? I guess I assumed that since they just trademarked i35 and g35 they would be releasing that soon, skipping i25 and i30

Most companies have their current lines trademarked 2-3 generations into the future. The price isn't going to come down much on the i20s, maybe from $349 to $299 on the driver.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

Archived