Testers Announced! Stix Golf Sets ×

Part Time Golf Company

SPY ZINGER

991f5b303ece33a3bd097edf85cbe0c5_bigger.png Part Time Golf Company

There are a considerable number of things I do in my life that are part time. Part time apparel writer, gigolo, snow shoveler, friend, house cleaner, and yes, golfer. I received a box on my doorstep a while back, and had no idea who it was from or what it contained. After a quick look inside, I found a letter from Part Time Golf CEO Troy Hamilton, a couple hats, some patches, and some stickers. I have to be honest, my first thought was, wow, how do I present a couple hats to the best site in golf. At the end of the day, they're still going to be hats. I mean come on, what do you want to know about them, right? When I took them out, had a look, and tried them on, I thought man, this is going to be easy. These hats are pretty sweet...

IMG_2786.jpg

Why is this brand interesting?

Well, for starters, how may golf hats do you own that look like billboards? Loud company branding, huge logos and tag lines. We don't get paid to wear them, yet we still wear the same old hats. Out of the box, I was pleasantly surprised by the simplicity of the design and logos on the hats that lack bold text or company names. It's a guy having a squat to line up a putt and I love the logo. It's simple, there are no words or catch phrases, yet anyone looking at it will instantly know it's a “golf hat”. The green hat photographed is their Flexfit Icon Mesh Ultrafibre. By now you've probably worn a Flexfit hat like this offered from other manufactures. You also probably already know come to realize this is probably the most comfortable hat offered. Add to the mix the Part Time Golf Logo, and you'll be hard pressed to find a better feeling hat while wearing something different than the rest.

The white hat featured is the Adjustable Snap-Back League Retro Trucker. This features a rendition of the red, white and blue logo used in most professional sports leagues in the United States. This version, consistent with Part Time Golf styling features the same logo described above incorporated into this "major league" design. I really appreciate how subtle the logo is positioned off-center. It's something unique and a design I've never seen before. It's a hat I can wear to my club, and no one else will have it on.

IMG_2774.jpgIMG_2775.jpg

IMG_2776.jpgIMG_2777.jpg

IMG_2778.jpgIMG_2779.jpg

IMG_2780.jpgIMG_2783.jpg

IMG_2784.jpgIMG_2785.jpg

All hats can be ordered from their website along with a select line of tee shirts that feature designs as unique as their hats. Based in Santa Barbara, California, Part Time Golfer has some affordable hat's and t-shirts you've probably never seen before, but they are worth a look. I've added these into the rotation and look forward to wearing them on-course this March.

6a01310f5683c3970c014e8b6e93f1970d-800wi.jpg

Twitter: @iparttimegolf

Posted Image

You're right, how much can you say about a hat? But I agree, those are my kind of hat. I bought some simple nice looking ones at Walmart just because they only had an "S" on them for their "Starter" brand. It's hard to find a nice looking hat that doesn't have a bunch of junk on it. Good write up! I know I'll check out their website!

You're right, how much can you say about a hat? But I agree, those are my kind of hat. I bought some simple nice looking ones at Walmart just because they only had an "S" on them for their "Starter" brand. It's hard to find a nice looking hat that doesn't have a bunch of junk on it. Good write up! I know I'll check out their website!

Know what you mean...between this and my JP hats I've got a little rotation of bold silence! :)

Posted Image

ok this design is a brilliant play off of all the north american sports leagues (nba, nfl, etc) How clever and how well put together. I cannot believe no one has done before.

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

Instagram angrygolfhulkDriver-Callaway Razr Fit 9.5* Stiff3 Wood-Taylormade R9 15* StiffHybrids 3,4,5 Rocketballz RegIrons 6-Gap Rocketballz RegSW-Cobra Trusty Rusty 55*LW-Taylormade Rac Black 60*Putter-Odyssey Sabertooth 33"Back up irons-Taylormade Rac Muscleback Forged 5-GW Rifle Shafts 6.0

Diggin' the Hoga style cap and the military style. Will have to pick up a couple for the Vancouver get together.

That's all I need, more golf hats!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Guys. If you sign up at their website they will send stickers and a coupon code. Now if only they would make true fitted hats, not ones that fit most sizes. As soon as you guys make fitted hats in sizes I AM IN 100000000%%%%%% Until then looks like a trucker style hat might have to make its way onto my head for the summer. Maybe rock one at the masters this year

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

Instagram angrygolfhulkDriver-Callaway Razr Fit 9.5* Stiff3 Wood-Taylormade R9 15* StiffHybrids 3,4,5 Rocketballz RegIrons 6-Gap Rocketballz RegSW-Cobra Trusty Rusty 55*LW-Taylormade Rac Black 60*Putter-Odyssey Sabertooth 33"Back up irons-Taylormade Rac Muscleback Forged 5-GW Rifle Shafts 6.0

• 1 month later...

Archived