Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Need iron help (again!)

mbrodeur86

I think a cb/mc combo would have worked but nothing available right now. I'm really looking for that club in between player's club and game improvement

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

Time to try the Pings then! Ping i20.....

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

I think a cb/mc combo would have worked but nothing available right now. I'm really looking for that club in between player's club and game improvement

You may be able to find a decent buy on some Wilson M3 forged irons -- they're supposed to fall right in that gap between players and game improvement. Have hit them a few times and they feel very nice, and look pretty cool....

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Well guys, I am down to 2 sets - the Mizuno JPX-800 pros OR the Callaway Razr-X Tour. The Mizuno's have the Dynalite xp s300 and the Tours have the kbs tour. 

What would you choose and why?

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

This is the hard part again. I can only tell you what I would choose for me. I would rather have the KBS shafts with the Mizzy heads, but that's what would work better for my game.

I've never been a big fan of Callaway irons so my vote goes to the JPX's.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Side note is that Callaway golf preowned has a 25% off code valid today only and lots of options on their iron selection

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

If you find what you want with less desirable shafts and buy the replacements, I'll do the work replacing them for you for free if you'll cover shipping. That way you can get what you want and save some coin. I can't bend them for you because I don't have a bending machine (yet), but I can build them for you to help you out, including spine and flo and blueprinting them.

You might want to look into an older combo set also. Not ancient old, but a few years ago old. I'm playing an older combo set currently off the tour van. It's the second set of these heads I've had but this time I'm not selling them even when I replace them. I'll do some digging and see what I can find that might fit what you want. Also, don't be afraid of cast. There's a few tricks that can be done to give you that solid forged feel.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

If you find what you want with less desirable shafts and buy the replacements, I'll do the work replacing them for you for free if you'll cover shipping. That way you can get what you want and save some coin. I can't bend them for you because I don't have a bending machine (yet), but I can build them for you to help you out, including spine and flo and blueprinting them.

You might want to look into an older combo set also. Not ancient old, but a few years ago old. I'm playing an older combo set currently off the tour van. It's the second set of these heads I've had but this time I'm not selling them even when I replace them. I'll do some digging and see what I can find that might fit what you want. Also, don't be afraid of cast. There's a few tricks that can be done to give you that solid forged feel.

Do yourself a favor, and JUMP at this chance!!! As quickly as you can.... RB is one of the best members on any board, and that he is willing to do the work for nothing speaks volumes..  

Well done sir..

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

WOW just about made me cry at work lol Very generous of you. If I can afford it, I will definitely take you up on it. Many thanks :)

Do yourself a favor, and JUMP at this chance!!! As quickly as you can.... RB is one of the best members on any board, and that he is willing to do the work for nothing speaks volumes..

Well done sir..

THIS!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

WOW just about made me cry at work lol Very generous of you. If I can afford it, I will definitely take you up on it. Many thanks :)

I have a Mitchell bending machine if you need loft/lie adjustments.  Rookie can send them to me and I can bend them to your loft/lie specs then send them up to Canada.

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

This is why I love this Forum!!!  Thank you Rookie!  

You guys all said it in the Forum Focus Group study - we have the best group of people of any Message Board on the web!  This is what a community is all about...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I have a Mitchell bending machine if you need loft/lie adjustments.  Rookie can send them to me and I can bend them to your loft/lie specs then send them up to Canada.

Holy crap guys! Geez, can't thank you all enough. I checked it out and it doesn't look like buying the shafts and the clubs is going to work. I have to use the extra money to buy some wedges (I'm selling 2 to get 3 again). 

KBS Shafts website gives me KBS Tour S shafts as a fit and true temper gives me Dynamic gold s300

Those 2 shafts play very differently, at least in my experiences. The KBS Tour is a higher flight shaft and and DG is the lowest out there. The Tour worked fine for me when it was hot and dry but let it get windy or wet and I was done.

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

lol check out this auction.....check the name of the seller and go to the bottom of the ad....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351251447352?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• SPY VIP

Thanks my friend. I really appreciate all the help. I'll find something....just wish I wasn't in too much a rush! There are some nice Taylormade tour preferred irons on the bay but they the faces on some are really used up. 

YESS!! I just bought, what I hope is THE right iron for my game. I cannot wait to get them :D

s3-pro-irons.jpg

These guys are coming with the Dynamic Gold S300 (which said on their smartfit system was what I needed). If ever the shafts aren't what I'm hoping for, than I'll save up to buy some KBS and send them to Rookieblue ;)  I'm getting 3 iron to pw (will probably only use from 4 on up). Got them for under $200 dollars to. Now I need some wedges....3 wedges.....I'm looking at SCOR but right now they either don't have the right degrees or are too expensive. Also looking at Scratch wedges too. Other than Cleveland and Vokey, are there any other wedges that anyone here thinks I should check out.

Eidolon if you can find them in good shape are what Scors were before the Scor name

In The Bag

Ah, if I'd only known you liked Cobra s3's!   Look at this old ebay auction:   231392708084 

Scor 9-PW,AW & Cobra S3 Pro MB 8-4 Irons

It got NO bidders at $189 and never sold.   I almost bought it myself, but I already had my Scors at the time.   You might want to give him a jingle.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

LOL just my luck I guess. I bought the Cobras already so no biggie. Was not considering them to be honest but while looking for some more choices online and leaning a bit towards the 2011 Taylormade Tour Preferred CB's. I found some combo sets with the cb/mc/mb make up but was too expensive. People kept saying that they also experienced distance loss which I wasn't ready to give up. Started looking for forged iron with good distance and of course the jpx-800 pro kept coming up but the Cobra S3 pro popped up so started following that path. With the AP2's, the 3-6 irons seemed to thin at address for me and things like forgiveness and distance and a little more "chunkyness" to them is what led me to buy them. That and the shafts which the shaft fit system recommended.

Archived