Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What's your best ever ebay purchase? (Golf mainly!)

westy

So over Christmas I scored an Adams Super XTD (the original titanium faced version) for £25 - so about 40 dollars.

Not as cheap as youd get in the states but they are rarer over in the UK.

It's virtually unused and i love the way it sits behind the ball.

So i was thinking, what's your best ebay purchase? Cheapest, most effective, rarest - what have you got?

Non golf, it's my beloved K2 Seth Vicious skis - bought off ebay in the summer 6 years ago brand new. I love them!

And the worst?

Hmmmm - that's a tough call, but I think it's hard to look past the TM Dual hybrid that had a distinctive rattle after being hit once!

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

Best golf purchase: Probably Game golf. Scored it for 150 when you couldn't find it anywhere for under 2 bills. Tracked auctions for about two weeks to finally get it. That or my SC100, that I got pretty cheap as well.

Worst: Probably swing byte 2. For a week there had to be 10+ on the market, then they dried up. By the time the auction came around I spent probably 10-15 too much for something I've used like twice. 

Side note: I once won a penny auction. In a swear to Jebus moment the auction site froze and said auction over, so I stopped watching. 5 minutes later I got an email saying I won. The site evidently counted my auto bids. I scored a bushnell rangefinder for 100 bucks including expedited shipping. The cost was 400 at the time. If I didn't love it, I would have Ebayed it almost immediately to earn a profit.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Best purchases: My current Titleist 3W and hybrids which altogether totaled around $220.

Also just ordered the 2015 Ogio Chamber Cart Bag that I'm anxiously awaiting to arrive. Got it for $220 instead of $300.

13 Golf Pride NDMC grips for $70.

Can't say I've had a worst purchase off eBay, just some stuff I don't use. Which I guess would be the G25 8.5 driver head that I can't get along with.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

My best golf purchase was probably the 16.5* 949MC Wishon 4 wood I picked up for $40 and still have.  Best non-golf purchase has been some Merrell shoes I picked up in new condition for $49.

Worst golf purchase, that's more difficult to determine...  Probably the Nike Sumo driver that went long, but further to the left than anything I've ever hit.  Gave it to a friend with a nasty slice the day after I took it to the range ;)

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

My best was probably the range finder I got for cheap and it looks barely used. If not that then the shafts I've found for super cheap as well. Don't really have a bad purchase but I don't buy a whole lot from eBay.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Almost new Scor 48, 53, and 59 wedges delivered, $114.52.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Best purchases

I bought 150 new Ping ID8 golf grips for $200 in one lot, plus shipping.  Worked out to about $1.50 per grip for grips that still sell easily for about $5 a grip or more.   I kept about 30, sold the rest in small lots for a profit.  I still have guys asking if I've got more of those grips.

Bought my 3-PW Speedblades on Thanksgiving day 2013 as the sole bidder on an auction that ended Turkey day afternoon.  Seller listed them as "Speedbladez", no one saw it.   Paid $325 for this "lightly used" set back when they were just released.   The seller (an actual B&M store) could not find the set he'd auctioned and instead sent me a set new in plastic, only the 7 had been hit, in the original box!   I can't believe he didn't simply cancel the auction on me and say he couldn't find them.   That's what I would have done.

Like others, I also got a Bushnell laserfinder for about $125 when they were selling new at the time for about $400.   I still use it, never had a single problem with it.

I bought new Jetspeed driver on the 'bay for $144 just days after that club's release and liked it.   Shortly into testing, a piece of epoxy broke lose in the head and TMag warrantied it sight unseen, never asking where I bought it.   They sent me a whole new club BEFORE I returned the defect, with headcover tool and shaft and I only had to return the head in postage prepaid box.   I sold the extra headcover for $15, the tool for $10 and the spare shaft for $60.   That means that new Jetspeed cost me $60 bucks when they were stickered in stores at $299.   I actually liked that driver, but I resold it after testing and made a small profit off of it too.

You could count my Scors, all but one of which were bought used on ebay for about $30 - $50 each, and if you measure the degree to which I love them and value their contribution to my game, then they are easily the best golf products I've ever bought on the 'bay.   BTW, they are already wearing out and getting dinged from heavy use.   So much for those who say that "tru-form forged" aren't soft.

The worst purchases -

I bought a cracked TMag RBZ Stage 2 tour driver head once.   Had to throw it away and eat the loss.   At first I thought it was counterfeit, but I called TMag and the serial was genuine. 

The only test product I've ever really taken it in the shorts on was a Nike Covert 1.0 Tour driver.   I paid about $165 in 2013 when it was fairly new, hated it, and tried to resell it like I do all the other stuff I test.   I couldn't get another sucker (I mean buyer) to bite a single bid on that thing for weeks.   Finally after I lowered it about 4 times to $75, I got a solitary bid.  Hallelujah!  This was all within about 6 months of the clubs release, too.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

Sine it was introduced mine was a Penny Auction win, a Busnell V3 for $9.70.

I've done okay with ebay but nothing stands out as memorable either bad or good, just fair and always what I was promised. I guess that stands out as a win.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I might also point to my Taylormade Coin Forged Combo Irons - felt like a good purchase, but my bravado had gotten the best of me.....I just wasn't good enough to hit the 3 or 4 iron, and even the 5 was a bit touch and go.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

Brand new Puma Biofusion shoes for $60. Got them not long after they were released and still selling for $170 in all the big box stores.

Other than that my best golf deals have come from Global Golf when they had some crazy hybrid coupons and free shipping. Got two Adams Super LS hybrids that looked like they had never been hit for $60 delivered.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I got 50 Bridgestone B330-RX near mint for $53 delivered from Lost balls ebay store. And non golf was the slotted and drilled rotors and pads for my truck.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I would have to say getting a new set of Mizuno JPX 800HD irons for $200 then trading them in  to Dick's on a Cobra Bio Cell Driver & 3 wood for $411.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I roll a PING pickemup B putter and while walking back to the cart this year I was swinging it like I always do and it flew out of my hand at a cart passing by. It almost got ran over and I panicked as I love this putter. Nevermind the fact that it could be used in a street brawl and I could have killed someone with it when it flew out of my hand.

I immediately went to ebay and bought a new one for 70 bucks (half price basically) so I had a backup since the long putters are going to be harder to find. It was brand new and now I have a backup in case my baby ever does decide to perish!

"I'd play a ladies set of clubs if it allowed me to break par."

PING G410 LST Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6

Titleist 17, 19, and 21 degree 818 H2 Hybrids

Ping G700 5 - GW

Titleist Vokey SM7 54 Wedge

Titleist Vokey SM7 58 Wedge

Evenroll ER3

Snell MTB-X

My Covert 2.0 Tour driver for $70 back in August.

Or possibly the Digital camo 2014 Sun Mountain C-130 bag for $105. Was just in Golfsmith and the are selling them clearance right now for $199.

Worst: don't know I've gotten anything terrible off eBay yet. (Knock on wood)

Driver:  :nike-small:  Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 70g Stiff

Fairway Wood: :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 60g Stiff
Hybrids:   :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK Stiff

Irons:    :taylormade-small: R-11s KBS Stiff. 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  Cleveland 588 Rotax  56*

Some no name 60* I got at Goodwill for $5

Putter::  :ping-small: MGS Ketsch Special Edition   

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass
Bag :Birdies for the Brave Org.14 Desert Camo 

Shoes : Oakley Cipher 2

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

6 other pair "just in case"

Founder: Texas BBQ Curtain (according to Jdiddyesquire)

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

Archived