Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Member Introductions

• SPY VIP

Dave, where can I get a job like that?!?! :o

Welcome to MGS ... I'm geographically not too far away from you.

Thanks for the welcome! Go NorCal

As for the job, community college professor. I have two long days with back to back to back lecture and lab classes. then office hours on the others.

Not a bad work week. Plus I love the job when I am there.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make this a sticky?

I am a 19 year old college freshman. I am in 5 different bands at school. I am a graphic design major and I love golf.

PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)

TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped

PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

Hi All,

I am Philip, a student in the UK studying Sports Technology at Loughborough University. Found Mygolfspy while looking for some references for an essay that I had to write and have loved getting my golf news fix here since!

Currently looking for a placement/internship in the Golf Industry (preferably R&D) so if anyone has any contacts...feel free to pass them in my direction! :)

Love all aspects of the game of golf and hope to be involved within the equipment industry once finished Uni! Play off around 15 or so.

Nice to meet you all :)

My name is Lauren and I've been playing golf for about 4 years. My husband got me started on this game, and we play together 10-12 times each summer, plus lots of range and putting green time. I look forward to being a member of this board so I can figure out why my husband is on here for hours at a time. And to learn about golf.

so I can figure out why my husband is on here for hours at a time.

I think I just might know why.....

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Make this a sticky?

I am a 19 year old college freshman. I am in 5 different bands at school. I am a graphic design major and I love golf.

From reading your posts on here you sound very mature for a college freshmen... without knowing you personally, I'd say you have a good head on your shoulders...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Thanks. I try to be mature. I was brought up by a single mom so I was brought up right.

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

MSG and MSG Forum users:

My emotions have gotten the better of me and I blew up. There is no way in hell a single person should have 100+ posts a day. I know for a fact that if this happened on any other forum, the poster would have been banned. This viewpoint is why I have decided to take an absence of posting... Congratulations to the very few posters...

-Willie

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

I forgot to mention that I am Irish, and Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone and welcome aboard!

shamrock.jpg

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

MSG and MSG Forum users:

My emotions have gotten the better of me and I blew up. There is no way in hell a single person should have 100+ posts a day. I know for a fact that if this happened on any other forum, the poster would have been banned. This viewpoint is why I have decided to take an absence of posting... Congratulations to the very few posters...

-Willie

Did I miss something over the last two days?

No idea, but I know they changed/adjusted the rules for the contest already. I also don't see any spaming or anything like that. I think the forums are rolling and are full of great topics.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

No idea, but I know they changed/adjusted the rules for the contest already. I also don't see any spaming or anything like that. I think the forums are rolling and are full of great topics.

Oh..I got that message...I was just wondering if there was something else that happened.

As to the "spamming"...I took it to mean "padding" as much as it did your typical spam type stuff.

Well I just realized that I miss this thread.

I am Robbie. A 21 year old student and employee for an insurance agency. I took up the game seriosuly in about 2005 but I have been around it all my life. I played a season on the local JC team and in that season I went from a walk on 22 handicap to a team regular 10 handicap. in the last year I have shot everything from a 71 to a 96 but I am a regular 82-85 shooter. I am addicted to golf but I am also addicted to my truck so luckily for me I am a broke college kid with 2 very expensive hobbies. This is also my second golf forum but by far my favorite.

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

I am Robbie. A 21 year old student and employee for an insurance agency. I took up the game seriosuly in about 2005 but I have been around it all my life. I played a season on the local JC team and in that season I went from a walk on 22 handicap to a team regular 10 handicap. in the last year I have shot everything from a 71 to a 96 but I am a regular 82-85 shooter. I am addicted to golf but I am also addicted to my truck so luckily for me I am a broke college kid with 2 very expensive hobbies. This is also my second golf forum but by far my favorite.

Welcome to the board... What kind of truck? I'm the same way... outside of my family, its all about my Taco and golf...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Welcome to the board... What kind of truck? I'm the same way... outside of my family, its all about my Taco and golf...

It sounds like I need another expensive hobby to get involved in. Do you have some info??

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

All of the good hobbies are expensive, it sucks.

Hello, my name is Jeff and I am from Regina Sk Canada. I've been involved in the industry for about 15 years. I have a degree in ornamental horticulture and have been an assistant superintendent at various courses. I am currently working at a golf store in Regina where I am an assistant manager. I love the game and have been playing for 15-20 years. I love hearing about new gear and talking about golf.

take care.

Fairways and Greens

Hello, my name is Jeff and I am from Regina Sk Canada. I've been involved in the industry for about 15 years. I have a degree in ornamental horticulture and have been an assistant superintendent at various courses. I am currently working at a golf store in Regina where I am an assistant manager. I love the game and have been playing for 15-20 years. I love hearing about new gear and talking about golf.

take care.

Hey Jeff. Do you guys have any golf places open in Canada yet?

Hi, I just realized I've been on here for a while and never posted to this thread.

My name is Blaine. I'm 41 years old and have a wife and two kids - both boys aged 6 and 12. I played golf in High School and then took a long break. I started playing again about 7 years ago. Professionally, I'm in software development but I'm also a freelance writer and blogger in my spare time. I founded a golf website last year called Addicted2Golf.net, which is also my handle.

I've met some fantastic golf addicts on this board. A forum like this one is only as good as it's members and MGS is off to a great start!

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Welcome to somewhat old and new as well. Let's make this a nice place to visit.

Who are you calling old? :(

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

• SPY VIP

Hi, I just realized I've been on here for a while and never posted to this thread.

My name is Blaine. I'm 41 years old and have a wife and two kids - both boys aged 6 and 12. I played golf in High School and then took a long break. I started playing again about 7 years ago. Professionally, I'm in software development but I'm also a freelance writer and blogger in my spare time. I founded a golf website last year called Addicted2Golf.net, which is also my handle.

I've met some fantastic golf addicts on this board. A forum like this one is only as good as it's members and MGS is off to a great start!

What kind of code?

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Ouch. I hope this forum takes the edge off a little.

And if that doesn't work then there is always hard liquor. :)

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Archived