Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

7 minutes ago, EnderinAZ said:

unccross I don't even carry a 4 or 5 iron any longer. My irons end at 6 and hybrids start at a 4. So I have about a 20 yard gap in there. Went over to the PGX store in Mesa last week to look at their stuff and hear about the military discount. Ended up getting fitted for a Black Ops 5 for a very reasonable price. Picked it up at their main store in Scottsdale this afternoon. Hit it a few times in their simulator/fitting bays and brought it home. Tomorrow it joins me on the course for my regular men's club day.  

20240213_171622.jpg

20240213_171636.jpg

20240213_171649.jpg

20240213_171658.jpg

20240213_171552.jpg

Those look really nice.  Hoping the budget route will work out for me.  Hopefully I will hit it well and get a 4 also.

Jnr

19 minutes ago, unccross said:

Those look really nice.  Hoping the budget route will work out for me.  Hopefully I will hit it well and get a 4 also.

That is part of the reason why I went to PXG. If the club just doesn't work, I can take it back. Though when I tested it I could work it right or left, and that, I believe, will give it a permanent home in my bag. 

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

My new Bag Boy Revolver bag was just delivered. I'm hoping "this is the one". I split my rounds about 60/40 between walking with a push cart and riding, and with the Ogio bag I got last year I have to pull all the clubs out and rearrange them when changing between cart types. Besides being an annoyance, that bag works poorly on a riding cart: the cart strap blocks pockets, and the bottom won't stay in place on the cart. Now I hope to just rotate the revolving top when I need to. As a bonus, I strongly prefer an external putter tube, and this bag has one. It will probably be a few weeks before I finally get to start playing, but in the meantime the cats are greatly enjoying the empty box.

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

I came across a used set of Srixon Z785 irons in good shape ended up getting them for $306. I have always liked Srixon irons when I hit them in stores and always been curious how the V sole is out on turf. Plus they are the spec I want but forged so I can adjust them much more worry free. 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

13 hours ago, unccross said:

I’ve really struggled hitting a 4 or 5 iron since coming back to golf.  I have a huge gapping issue and going to try a 5 hybrid to start filling the gaps. I’ve never owned a hybrid. Got this one new on eBay for $63. Hopefully I will hit it well. 
IMG_4196.jpeg.dc8bfcb7f7105517dd2bd90d0e08d84c.jpeg

By chance was it from QuickShipGolf😆? I picked that up in the 3h and from the 2 ranges sessions I’ve had with it so far we are getting along quite well!

I’ve got a bad reeling about this

15 hours ago, unccross said:

I’ve really struggled hitting a 4 or 5 iron since coming back to golf.  I have a huge gapping issue and going to try a 5 hybrid to start filling the gaps. I’ve never owned a hybrid. Got this one new on eBay for $63. Hopefully I will hit it well. 
IMG_4196.jpeg.dc8bfcb7f7105517dd2bd90d0e08d84c.jpeg

I tried and tried to hit hybrids but I think because my attack angle is too steep they just don't work for me as they are a not a divot club I believe that what took me to the Super Game Improvement 4 iron and regular game improvement 5 and 6 irons. My buddy is more of a "sweeper" and he is deadly with Hybrids and carries 3 of them

WITB

Driver is PING G430 MAX 10K 9° W/VENTUS BLACK 44.5"  TOUR VELVET GRIP

3 WOOD TAYLORMADE M2 15° W/ADDI BB TOUR VELVET GRIP

IRONS PING G410 4 AND 5 IRON W/X100 

IRONS 6-9 PING I200 W/X100 

WEDGES TITLEIST VOKEY SM8 48° CHROME

VOKEY 52°  56° AND 60 ALL IN CHROME FINISH WITH DYNAMIC GOLD AND MCC+4 GRIPS

SCOTTY CAMERON TOUR RAT GSS 350G MATADOR GRIP

SUN MOUNTAIN C-130 CART BAG NIKON LASER 

TITLEIST PRO V 1

1 hour ago, Marlin Dave said:

I tried and tried to hit hybrids but I think because my attack angle is too steep they just don't work for me as they are a not a divot club I believe that what took me to the Super Game Improvement 4 iron and regular game improvement 5 and 6 irons. My buddy is more of a "sweeper" and he is deadly with Hybrids and carries 3 of them

I have generally heard that hybrids are swung more like irons that fairway woods and designed to take divots.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

I have generally heard that hybrids are swung more like irons that fairway woods and designed to take divots.  

Some hybrids are more geared for sweepers and some hybrids are more geared to a negative attack angle like irons.  So I believe a fitting will be able to guide Marlin Dave to the right type of hybrid.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

Not sure all I know is I take divots and can't hit them at all and my buddy sweeps it and hits a beautiful ball. ???? Not sure 

WITB

TITLEIST PRO V 1

On 2/12/2024 at 11:32 AM, Kevgolf said:

In traditional golf terminology, there is no recognized club called a '10 iron.' Golf clubs are typically numbered from the driver (1 wood) to the wedges (pitching wedge, gap wedge, sand wedge, and lob wedge), with each number representing a different loft angle and distance potential. If someone mentions a '10 iron,' they may be using a non-standard or informal term, or possibly joking.

hope this helps! 

Many, many sets from the 60’s and 70’s had ‘10’ irons … I’m not sure what ‘traditional golf terminology’ is being referred to?

10 hours ago, Wib081 said:

By chance was it from QuickShipGolf😆? I picked that up in the 3h and from the 2 ranges sessions I’ve had with it so far we are getting along quite well!

I believe so, but my quick ship has been delayed today!

Jnr

1 minute ago, unccross said:

I believe so, but my quick ship has been delayed today!

That’s where I snagged mine for $60, tbh I forgot that I had bid and ended up winning lol. I will say mine was also delayed a day on arrival by FedEx I haven’t moved the weight around but I’m considering it next time at the range to see if it provides a benefit for me. 

I’ve got a bad reeling about this

So when you order a new 5 wood ensuring it is the correct dexterity is apparently important. Fortunately Callaway was just able to cancel it for me with no issue. I swear I wasn’t even drinking when I ordered it. Now the search begins tomorrow for any 5 wood that may work that I can build at home. Makes it easier when I am just looking for the head and shaft does not matter. 

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

1 hour ago, Jmikecpa said:

Makes it easier when I am just looking for the head and shaft does not matter. 

Oh the gutterball just rolled through my mind... 😆 

Hope you find what you want though!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

On 2/12/2024 at 4:32 AM, Fongle said:

My new irons finally arrived!

Bit tired after a very long day of work, so just hit the one bucket of balls, but they feel incredible so far. The MB's especially are just ridiculously pure, and it's crazy how easy they are to shape the ball. Was hitting fades, draws, high, low, straight on command and it felt effortless. I also love the 10 iron, for reasons I can't quite explain 😂

20240212_1848452.jpg.5f868075d404b84ee81be2fbe368154c.jpg

20240212_180047.jpg.5e432143328b6d2c12b1fe17ea6d668a.jpg

20240212_200314.jpg.af3622db279347300d306f876d3f63ba.jpg

My buddy just got a  used set of ping i10 clubs and it has 3- 10i and a club just labeled W with no ⁰ markings. It's either a 56 or 58 when compared to mine side by side. 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

7 hours ago, Marlin Dave said:

Not sure all I know is I take divots and can't hit them at all and my buddy sweeps it and hits a beautiful ball. ???? Not sure 

I love hybrids! I do tend to pick it clean with them. I can play it up in the stance to hit them high. I can play them back to hit low draws or fades. I can play them out of the rough or bad lies that I couldn’t handle with a long iron. To me they are one of the best inventions in the game! I think if you worked with them in the range you could figure it out. Don’t give up because hybrids are a great addition to the bag! 

Play like a champion today!

1 hour ago, Rob Person said:

My buddy just got a  used set of ping i10 clubs and it has 3- 10i and a club just labeled W with no ⁰ markings. It's either a 56 or 58 when compared to mine side by side. 

This one is just a PW replacement, at 46°, but there is an 11 iron available in this set that's 50° to be a gap wedge replacement. I need to figure out my current gapping with these irons still, my current wedges are 52° 56° 60°, might potentially have the 52 bent to 50, and 56 to 55 

Driver - :cobra-small: King SZ 1w 7.5° w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110MSI 60x

Woods - :cobra-small:King SZ Big Tour 3w 13.5° w/ Fujikura Pro 65, King SZ 5w 20° w/ Tensei CK White 70

Driving Iron - :cobra-small: King Utility 2i 16° w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 85

Irons - :callaway-small: Apex '24 Combo set - 4i Pro, 5i-8i CB, 9i-10i MB w/ KBS Tour V 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 52° - S 10° grind, 56° - C 8° grind, 60° - C 8° grind w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue 115

Putter(s) - :odyssey-small: :callaway-small: :scotty-small: :titleist-small: :ping-small:  :nike-small: :wilson-small: O-Works 2 Ball Black, Big Bertha Warbird, Special Select Squareback 2.0, Red X2, Bullseye Original Flange SC, Bullseye Standard Flange SC, OG Bronze Anser, Method Midnight 007, R.Mendralla 8802

10 hours ago, KC Golf said:

Some hybrids are more geared for sweepers and some hybrids are more geared to a negative attack angle like irons.  So I believe a fitting will be able to guide Marlin Dave to the right type of hybrid.

That would most definitely be the answer if I ever wanted to change what I have going. Really hitting my current setup well and don't see making a move anytime soon but we all know that it takes a couple bad weeks and its back to the drawing board. The driver at 285 then 3 wood at 265-270  strong 4 iron 240 then reg 4 iron 225  on down the line. It's working for now

WITB

TITLEIST PRO V 1

51 minutes ago, Javs said:

I love hybrids! I do tend to pick it clean with them. I can play it up in the stance to hit them high. I can play them back to hit low draws or fades. I can play them out of the rough or bad lies that I couldn’t handle with a long iron. To me they are one of the best inventions in the game! I think if you worked with them in the range you could figure it out. Don’t give up because hybrids are a great addition to the bag! 

If I had a reason to I would probably try a bit harder but I have hit hundreds of balls with several models and the one thing I couldnt get how I liked was my dispersion was all over the place so for now if I can hit my irons well there is no reason for me to switch. Maybe someday

WITB

TITLEIST PRO V 1

8 hours ago, Marlin Dave said:

If I had a reason to I would probably try a bit harder but I have hit hundreds of balls with several models and the one thing I couldnt get how I liked was my dispersion was all over the place so for now if I can hit my irons well there is no reason for me to switch. Maybe someday

Hey if they just don’t work for you then no reason to put them in the bag. It’s a shame. Like I stated they work great for me. I find them to be magic. Horses for courses and equipment.

Play like a champion today!

I spent a lot of time in golf shops looking for a flatter driver.  I am 5 foot 6 inches tall and needed something a little flatter.  I picked up a Gen 5 PXG driver and turned the shaft around which lowered the lie angle from 59 degrees to 56.  I have added 20 yards to the driver with that simple change. 

I was hitting high flying hooks and have lowered the trajectory of the ball, hit the driver very straight and am now back to driving the ball great.  I should have mentioned that I am 77 and an 8 handicap but it will be going back to a 5 or 6 with the added distance of the tee.

Titleist TS 1 Driver Stiff graphite shaft

Titleist  TS2 16.5 degree 3 wood Stiff graphite shaft

Titleist  TS2 18 degree 5 Wood Stiff graphite shaft

Titliest TS2--21 degree Hybrid stiff light weight graphite shafts

Titliest T200 regular multi-material graphite shafts 2 degrees flat 5 thru gap wedge

Titliest Volkey wedges 54 and 58 stiff multi-material graphite shafts 2 degrees flat

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Trillium Te3 32" putter

13 hours ago, Rob Person said:

surprised  it is a 10i,   most  are 3-9, W (46), U (50), S (54), L (58) making the W the pitching wedge

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

surprised  it is a 10i,   most  are 3-9, W (46), U (50), S (54), L (58) making the W the pitching wedge

I'll get a picture next time we play.