College Football

fozcycle

Great game last night which once again showed, at least in my eyes, how much better a product college football is than the NFL.

I'm a Michigan fan but as I stated back in September the SEC is where the best college football is played and once again they proved it. Both those teams have such talented players.

Between this years Rose Bowl and last nights National Championship Game, Georgia was such fun to watch. But, once again, Nick Saban makes the right call switching QB's and pulls out another big win.

What an incredible season.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

I've never liked using transitive properties for athletics.  Mercer lost to Alabama, who lost to Auburn, who lost to Georgia, who lost to Auburn, who lost to Clemson, who lost to Alabama, who lost to Auburn, who beat Mercer, who lost to ETSU, who lost to Samford, who lost to UCF.  So, by way of transitive property, UCF belongs in the playoff?!?!?  It's never ending and could go round and round and round forever. 

Auburn was a schizophrenic team all season.  Probably the most inconsistent quality team in several years including the Clemson teams who made "Clemsoning" a verb.  UCF didn't play anyone with a pulse until they played a disinterested, inconsistent Auburn in the Peach Bowl.  They would have gotten slaughtered by any of the 4 playoff teams! 

It's all speculation until the playoff is expanded so these disagreements are settled where they should be.....on the field.

Having lived with "Clemsoning" my whole life, and having known of it before it became a national phenomena, I was really hoping that it had died...I see that dreaded word is still alive

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

I do find it odd that you are the only Bama fan here, or at least the only active one.  I certainly don't hate on them for any reason,  matter of fact I rather like watching their games when they show lots of shots of the student section  :wub:     Any team (other than Uconn...sorry Rickp) that can win that consistently deserves credit and admiration.  

Tell your friend, it may not be normal, but he is certainly not the only one to every experience that not so wonderful feeling!

Indeed....Our old past mutual friend from Connecticut could learn a thing or two about class from Ole Gray

That friend had it happen on a birdie putt today.  I am not a...he is not a happy camper right now.

Gameday
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120

Classic Bag

After checking the box score this morning it looks like Georgia did the ole' Choke in the 4th quarter. Man I hate seeing Alabama win again. Oh well. I had no Dog in the fight so it really don't matter.

You are giving Bama no where enough credit and UGA no where near enough for sure. I don't ever speak of bad calls but a handful of "missed" calls all one way in the second half have a way of changing a game, simply check unbiased media today and you will see where I am coming from.

No sour grapes here, our job was to stop them and we could not.

Congrats Bama & as our last 2 UGA recruiting classes are fond of saying, " We ain't done yet!"

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

Incredible game last night. I think we are in for a few great seasons coming up.  Hopefully Miami will vastly improve to throw another wrench in the national spotlight.   

Gameday

Classic Bag

Incredible game last night. I think we are in for a few great seasons coming up.  Hopefully Miami will vastly improve to throw another wrench in the national spotlight.   

Think people are focused more on Iowa next year.

=)

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Yesterday ESPN was babbling about Saban to the Giants or (which sounds ridiculous) Patriots. For my 2cents why would he leave a lucrative, successful college gig where he is the states hero? I'm not a Bama fan but I would prefer him staying and keep college ball at a high level. Plus he keeps churning out great asst coaches to head coaching positions. Hate to see him mess up a legacy.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Yesterday ESPN was babbling about Saban to the Giants or (which sounds ridiculous) Patriots. For my 2cents why would he leave a lucrative, successful college gig where he is the states hero? I'm not a Bama fan but I would prefer him staying and keep college ball at a high level. Plus he keeps churning out great asst coaches to head coaching positions. Hate to see him mess up a legacy.

He already tried the NFL and failed miserably. If he's gonna try to make the jump again, it's gotta be a perfect situation (see Pete Carroll) and the Giants are certainly not that.

Personally, I think he'll stay at Alabama and retire as a legend. IF he decided to give the NFL another shot, I think he'd find success at Arizona, Green Bay, or either Texas team

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Saban isn't going to the NFL. Why would he? He solidified himself as probably the best College Football Coach to take the field. He is the model to follow. He is the Belicheck of NCAA, at 66 years old I'm guessing he does it till he can't walk, and probably win numerous more National Titles. Just a damn good coach. If you follow the Bill Parcels coaching tree down, most of them are having great success.

It's astonishing how many position coaches constantly make the jump from NFL to college and back yet the head coach position has the least amount of success. 

Saban isn't going anywhere and if anything he'll use these rumors to get a higher pay raise (see Gundy at Ok St). It will be interesting to see if he misses out on a few QBs down the road and has a down year of 9-3 or 8-4. Will he make like Jimbo and jump ship solely for a larger payday? 

Oh well...on to college basketball season! 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Well it was an awesome season and I LOVE my Georgia Bulldogs!  Time to change my avatar back to my beautiful truck and get ready for the golfing season.  

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I have always looked to the immediate family when coaching changes are being rumored.  Saban and his family are somewhat shielded by Alabama press coverage.  Local journalists are "homers' for the most part and would never risk alienating the fan base by negative reporting tactics.  The national media is a different story and that's largely what covers the NFL.  

I believe that's what Saban had the most issue with when he was in Miami.  NFL media attention is relentless and unforgiving and can't be "controlled" like college town "homer" media can be.  Media coverage for someone as successful as Saban will always be relentless to a certain degree, regardless of where they coach.  But national media coverage of college towns and programs are largely subcontracted out to local media affiliates so, media coverage in college towns can be controlled much easier than national NFL media coverage.  

At least that's the way it has been explained to me through the years by some very high level personnel I have had the fortune of getting to know through my career.

It will be very interesting to see if Jalen Hurts stays at Bama.....it's obvious that Tua is now the QB.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

He already tried the NFL and failed miserably. If he's gonna try to make the jump again, it's gotta be a perfect situation (see Pete Carroll) and the Giants are certainly not that.

Personally, I think he'll stay at Alabama and retire as a legend. IF he decided to give the NFL another shot, I think he'd find success at Arizona, Green Bay, or either Texas team

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

Failed miserably is a BIG stretch. Saban was 15-17 in 2 season with a mediocre Dolphins roster. His first thing upon joining the team was wanting to add Drew Brees but Brees couldn't pass a physical at the time and they couldn't sign him. Imagine if he had been able to add Drew Brees instead of trying to gut it out with gosh damn Gus Ferotte, Joey Harrington and a washed up Daunte Culpepper. 

Imagine how the NFL would have been changed the last 10 years if him and Brees had been together. 

Hell even ole Bill was 41-55 pre Brady. And that is a MUCH larger sample size than the measly 2 years Saban was in the league. You have to have at least competent QB to compete in league. Unless your defense and running game are just other worldly. See Ravens circa 2000. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

You are giving Bama no where enough credit and UGA no where near enough for sure. I don't ever speak of bad calls but a handful of "missed" calls all one way in the second half have a way of changing a game, simply check unbiased media today and you will see where I am coming from.

Congrats Bama & as our last 2 UGA recruiting classes are fond of saying, " We ain't done yet!"

I have a sneaking suspicion we just got the preview for Bama West vs Bama East for the next few years. Kirb is taking Saban's exact model with him to Georgia and he's good at implementing it. 

I think we are looking at a nice back fourth the next few years. Tua vs Fromm could get wild. 

Google Lions... they have a decent QB... but very badly coached.

Very good is a stretch. I like Stafford but he's not a world beater. I'd say he's a top 10 QB atm if I had to put a # on it. They also hover around .500 every years despite a poorly manged roster and below average coaching staff.

You need at least serviceable QB play to compete in the NFL year end and year out but he can't be the only piece. See: Rivers, Phillip.

Very good is a stretch. I like Stafford but he's not a world beater. I'd say he's a top 10 QB atm if I had to put a # on it. They also hover around .500 every years despite a poorly manged roster and below average coaching staff.

You need at least serviceable QB play to compete in the NFL year end and year out but he can't be the only piece. See: Rivers, Phillip.

Oh.. I hate the Lions. I only like College ball, so I follow my favorite players from college.

don't forget about Chip Kelly ... he may just bring UCLA back to prominence and give the good 'ole boys down south a run for their money.

As far as the College Football Playoff goes it really sucks that there were 2 teams from the same conference in the championship game.

I know it can't be like pro football but the competition committee flubbed this one.  Outside of die-hard football fans (like me and Shankster) they narrowed their market tremendously.

It's too bad they are so set against extending it to 8 teams instead of 4; that would allow for maybe 1 upset like you see in the college basketball tournament each year.

Driver-  Titleist  TSR3 10*
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (5i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Wilson Infinite Grant Park
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Oh.. I hate the Lions. I only like College ball, so I follow my favorite players from college.

I have trouble ranking NFL players so I think of them more in tiers. Stafford is a tier 2 QB to me. Somewhere in that 7-14 range. Near elite but not quite there. I'd like to see how he would do on a roster like Carolina or something similar.

I do the same thing with NFL btw. I don't have a team and only watch for players. Or fantasy football purposes.  

Just saw that Georgia was up 20-7, I didn't see the game, so just went off the box score. And I am quite sure the Ref's called a perfect game with no bias, just ask all the Alabama fans.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

don't forget about Chip Kelly ... he may just bring UCLA back to prominence and give the good 'ole boys down south a run for their money.

As far as the College Football Playoff goes it really sucks that there were 2 teams from the same conference in the championship game.

I know it can't be like pro football but the competition committee flubbed this one.  Outside of die-hard football fans (like me and Shankster) they narrowed their market tremendously.

It's too bad they are so set against extending it to 8 teams instead of 4; that would allow for maybe 1 upset like you see in the college basketball tournament each year.

I do agree that the playoff should probably be 6 or 8 teams. But I don't think the committee got it wrong this year. They probably should've made Bama and Georgia play in the 1st round but there was really no way for it happen. Bama wasn't getting a higher spot than 4 and Clemson was a pretty unanimous #1.

Plus everybody talked about how low the ratings were going to be, but this was actually the 2nd most watched National Title game in history. 

Just saw that Georgia was up 20-7, I didn't see the game, so just went off the box score. And I am quite sure the Ref's called a perfect game with no bias, just ask all the Alabama fans.

No they missed a ton of calls on both sides. We caught some breaks. But so did Georgia. I can understand if they(UGA fans) were upset about a few calls. We might have gotten a couple of more calls than them if I'm honest. But the officiating wasn't great for either side. 

No they missed a ton of calls on both sides. We caught some breaks. But so did Georgia. I can understand if they were upset about a few calls. We might have gotten a couple of more calls than them if I'm honest. But the officiating was great for either side. 

"We" ???  Figured you'd be an Ole Miss or Miss State fan seeing that you live there.

Woods-

Ball- Maxfli Tour X

I guess from what you guys are saying and I agree is Saban is staying in Bama. Smart man.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I do agree that the playoff should probably be 6 or 8 teams. But I don't think the committee got it wrong this year. They probably should've made Bama and Georgia play in the 1st round but there was really no way for it happen. Bama wasn't getting a higher spot than 4 and Clemson was a pretty unanimous #1.

Plus everybody talked about how low the ratings were going to be, but this was actually the 2nd most watched National Title game in history.

No matter who you rooted for or disagree about the 4 final teams it was a entertaining playoff and for me a lot of fun to follow.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Everyone is saying Jim Harbaugh is going to the Colts... for 3 years now. And after this season it wouldn't hurt my feelings...

Geezus no... please, please no.... there isn't enough room for 1 Harbaugh in the NFL let alone 2.

Woods-

Ball- Maxfli Tour X