Got a Favorite Golf Hat?

Our Sponsors

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hands down, Black Clover hats. Best in golf.

My newest fav...  

Here ya go @Peaksy   Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Posted Images

I love any of the FlexFIt hats. I have a rather large noggin and those hats seem to be the most comfortable, in that they fit snuggly, i.e., won't pop off when the wind blows, but loose enough not to strangle what's left of my grey matter. 

• Like 1

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges: :cobra-small: MIM 54* Versatile/60* Widelow

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

I've been trying to find a structured bucket hat with a firm brim (that can be turned up at the sides and rear), but the bucket hats I see for sale are unstructured, floppy looking.

I bought a Nike Sun Protect 2.0 in white from TGW.com and it's the best that I've found so far. Light enough to wear in the heat and firm enough in the brim to stand up to normal winds. It actually covers all the way back to the nape of the neck if I tip it back that way just a bit.

The Titleist Tour Aussie looks decent as well. I may give that one a try to get a different color or too.

I'm quite surprised at the lack of decent options with sun damage and skin cancer as prevalent as they are for golfers.

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

While I'm not a superstitious person, I have been with sports.

Started out with socks and such in various sports in high school.

I tend to get a handful of new hats each season, and purge the previous year's collection of nasty, stiff, stinky ones.

But I can't wear a new hat on the golf course, if I do I can guarantee myself a bad round, so I have to "break them in" by wearing them doing something else other than a golf activity. ... And if I do find a lucky hat, I can't wear it back-to-back rounds or I'm sure to elicit the wrath of the golf gods who will then turn it into an unlucky golf hat.

I also can't use #1 golf balls, being as I scored my first ace using one. And then not being smart enough to immediately take it out of play, I promptly hit it in a water hazard on the next par-3 (golf gods frowned at me).

I also can't stand the guys that wear the same hat that their cousing bought them at Augusta National or Pebble Beach 27 years ago, over and over and over again, complete with sun bleaching and sweat stains, as it makes them look like the homeless person on the corner that I just dropped off a bag of mcdonalds hamburgers. ... And it has prompted me more than once to hand them two bucks in loose change on the first tee, and making a "will golf for food" sign and placing under their windshield wipers on their car in the parking lot while they're playing.

That's all I've got. :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

Yea.... that's how my buddies feel about my Raiders hat...lol. I do need to get a new one.

• Like 1

I ran across this hat at Sierra Trading Post to use as a sun hat.  I'm lucky to have a full head of hair so don't have to worry about the mesh top.  It's a bit Indiana Jones / Crocodile Dundeeish but my wife found it tolerable in comparison to all of the others I tried.  

https://www.sierratradingpost.com/woolrich-weathered-wide-brim-mesh-safari-hat-for-men~p~380pv/reviews/40694317~great-hot-weather-hat-with-a-cool-look/ 

Don't worry, it is not as see through as it appears.  It provides a lot of ventilation.  Quite like a visor.  I'm going to try it and see if I'm laughed off the course.

• Like 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus
:ping-small: G410 3 wood, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:cobra-small: F9 One Length 4, 5 hybrids
th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0211 1st Gen 6-GW irons
:ping-small: Glide 2.0 54/14, Zing LW wedges
:ping-small: Sigma G Craz-E putter

I've been wearing a Travis Mathews hat and holy cow is it nice. It quickly became my favorite hat because it is solid looking but made of a very light weight mess that helps keep my head cooler than I've ever felt from a golf hat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I had a navy blue fitted milk jug from McArthur in Hobe Sound. I'd pay $100 for another one. I think that speaks to how much I loved that hat. That one and a white Masters American needle that they sell at the Tournament. That one also fell apart (see a trend). I won't replace that until I can get to Augusta.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Diamana FW 75 X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

I've got “The Lama” hat and it's pretty sweet. I've got to match the hat to the outfit. Always.

https://www.muzeclothing.com/hats/

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

My newest fav...

20180525_140826.jpg

• Like 9

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

@Peaksy will be thrilled to know that I wore my hat whilst on the riding mower today... :D :lol:

• Like 2

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

@Peaksy will be thrilled to know that I wore my hat whilst on the riding mower today... :D :lol:

I'd be devastated if it blew off and got run over by the mower. I think we need pictures of said hat while its on your bonce. That would keep me smiling for a long time.

• Like 2

:ping-small:  G400 SFT Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I'd be devastated if it blew off and got run over by the mower. I think we need pictures of said hat while its on your bonce. That would keep me smiling for a long time.

Next time I wear it...tomorrow or Monday at golf.

• Like 2

In the bag:
Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Congrats on being accepted into the program. ;) :lol:

No, seriously, that's a great cause - and the game's future. Well done!

Thanks!

But we're not a First Tee Chapter. Yet. Allow me crow a little bit....

Starting in October of 2017 I got The First Tee National School Program started in 4 elementary schools. It's been a big success. Just recently I was asked by the school system if they could expand the NSP into all remaining elementary schools. Of course! That's great news for us. This expansion will allow us, starting in the fall of 2018; to begin reaching +15,000 kids grades 1-6. on an annual basis. These kids along with their families will become our foundation for eventually becoming a Chapter.

I'm sure there are many of you MGS members out there that have a First Tee Chapter nearby or in your hometown. It's not easy becoming a Chapter as you just don't "sign-up" to be one. There is much ground work to be laid including forming a non-profit 501©3 (which we have just formally applied for) and then later raising and demonstrating sustained funding of $250,000+ annually. Fortunately, I live in a wealthy area where there is much philanthropic support already for a First Tee Chapter.

This next spring we'll begin a new level of First Tee programming where kids are introduced to "green grass" golf away from their school experience and introduction. Kids will be offered First Tee certifications of Player and Par. If things continue to progress as planned we'll apply for Chapter status with The First Tee in late 2019 or early 2020.

We have a good plan in the works and The First Tee is behind us and helping guide us along the way. It's a Win-Win for everyone. Especially the kids.

If you don't have a First Tee program where you live send me a private message and I'll share some thoughts and suggestions with you. You don't have to start a Chapter like we're doing to become involved and it's fairly easy.

• Like 6

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Thanks!

But we're not a First Tee Chapter. Yet. Allow me crow a little bit....

Starting in October of 2017 I got The First Tee National School Program started in 4 elementary schools. It's been a big success. Just recently I was asked by the school system if they could expand the NSP into all remaining elementary schools. Of course! That's great news for us. This expansion will allow us, starting in the fall of 2018; to begin reaching +15,000 kids grades 1-6. on an annual basis. These kids along with their families will become our foundation for eventually becoming a Chapter.

I'm sure there are many of you MGS members out there that have a First Tee Chapter nearby or in your hometown. It's not easy becoming a Chapter as you just don't "sign-up" to be one. There is much ground work to be laid including forming a non-profit 501©3 (which we have just formally applied for) and then later raising and demonstrating sustained funding of $250,000+ annually. Fortunately, I live in a wealthy area where there is much philanthropic support already for a First Tee Chapter.

This next spring we'll begin a new level of First Tee programming where kids are introduced to "green grass" golf away from their school experience and introduction. Kids will be offered First Tee certifications of Player and Par. If things continue to progress as planned we'll apply for Chapter status with The First Tee in late 2019 or early 2020.

We have a good plan in the works and The First Tee is behind us and helping guide us along the way. It's a Win-Win for everyone. Especially the kids.

If you don't have a First Tee program where you live send me a private message and I'll share some thoughts and suggestions with you. You don't have to start a Chapter like we're doing to become involved and it's fairly easy.

That's awesome! You guys are getting close. You are doing some great stuff. Keep at it!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Here ya go @Peaksy20180528_085701.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• Like 7

In the bag:
Bag: