Jump to content

Got Problems?


Recommended Posts

i’m here to vent. 
we’ve got an absolute nightmare neighbor. to keep things somewhat short, suffice it to say this guy should absolutely, 100% be in prison. thanks to what i can only assume is the best lawyer in the world and piles and piles of cash, he’s not. 
we’re in the process of selling our house and moving. he’s a big part of the reason we’re doing that. 
our house went on the market monday afternoon and yesterday we accepted an offer for $30K over the asking price. we were ecstatic to say the least. we didn’t even have to deal with an open house. 
this morning, my agent called me to tell me the offer was pulled. apparently the buyer has a friend who lives close by, and i guess when she called the friend to tell her the news, the friend informed her of my lovely neighbor and she pulled the offer. 
like the human embodiment of herpes, this guy is the gift that keeps on giving. 
end rant. 

Definitely feel your pain. We also have a neighbor from hell. We’ve thought about moving but we’re going to hang in there and ignore her best we can. Good luck with the sale and get great neighbors!


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 5

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My dad passed away this morning. Yesterday morning he had a heart attack.  At the hospital the doc said he had congestive heart failure, fluid on lungs, low BP, low oxygen level, and kidneys failing.

Wanted to thank all for your thoughts and prayers these past weeks. My father passed peacefully early this morning. The picture is how I will choose to remember him. Sent from my SM-A102U using MyGol

Yea my grandmother passed away over the weekend from it. Have her funeral in a few days.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Rickp said:


Definitely feel your pain. We also have a neighbor from hell. We’ve thought about moving but we’re going to hang in there and ignore her best we can. Good luck with the sale and get great neighbors!


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

if this guy was just annoying id stay put just like you, rick. but he’s violent, and i can’t live where my wife doesn’t feel safe home alone. 

  • Like 4

:taylormade-small: SIM2 8º | KuroKage XT 70TX
:taylormade-small: SIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX
:titelist-small: U500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
:titelist-small: T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
::vokey-small: SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
:scotty-small:  Futura 5w

Link to post
Share on other sites
if this guy was just annoying id stay put just like you, rick. but he’s violent, and i can’t live where my wife doesn’t feel safe home alone. 

She’s more than annoying but not as bad as you’re guy, good luck and get outta there.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2021 at 6:27 PM, dlow206 said:

Really pissed off at the moment. I am the president of my community's HOA. Our management company didn't tell us that we received a $15k water bill due to a leak back in May, and then they paid it out of our funds without telling us, and then they didn't seek to credit from the water company due to the leak.

I am not super in the know of HOA details but did they give you details on the leak? Assuming its a main. How long was it leaking? There has to be push back I would guess for that, how long did they wait for repairs? Just brainstorming on thought processes on a facility mind to toss over the fence.

25 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

i’m here to vent. 

we’ve got an absolute nightmare neighbor. to keep things somewhat short, suffice it to say this guy should absolutely, 100% be in prison. thanks to what i can only assume is the best lawyer in the world and piles and piles of cash, he’s not. 

we’re in the process of selling our house and moving. he’s a big part of the reason we’re doing that. 

our house went on the market monday afternoon and yesterday we accepted an offer for $30K over the asking price. we were ecstatic to say the least. we didn’t even have to deal with an open house. 

this morning, my agent called me to tell me the offer was pulled. apparently the buyer has a friend who lives close by, and i guess when she called the friend to tell her the news, the friend informed her of my lovely neighbor and she pulled the offer. 

like the human embodiment of herpes, this guy is the gift that keeps on giving. 

end rant. 

Not gonna lie I want to know why he should be in prison. Hope someone else comes through....That doesnt know anyone....Real hermit type

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Check out my reviews

 :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

 :taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

 :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

 

Not gonna lie I want to know why he should be in prison. Hope someone else comes through....That doesnt know anyone....Real hermit type

the stuff i know from before we moved in 2 years ago:

he’s on probation for drug offenses from years ago, pretty severely beat his daughter in broad daylight on his front lawn, repeated physical abuse of his wife, property damage to several neighbors’ houses and cars, got in a huge fist fight with another guy on the block, harassed and repeatedly taunted another family on the block until they decided to pack up and move...

since we moved in: 

pissed on a neighbor’s house, used his truck to hit and push a car that was parked in his preferred parking spot, repeated explosive verbal and physical fights from inside their house that you can clearly hear from across the street, verbally berated someone i had working on my house for parking in front of his, verbally berated me for parking too close to his driveway then challenged me to a schoolyard fight. 

i understand not everything on this list is exactly illegal, but when you examine the body of work, this dude needs to go. 

and if it weren’t for the fact that my wife is home alone with our son most days, i just might have taken him up on that fight offer. but i’ve painstakingly chosen the higher road time and again because i’m not getting myself jammed up for someone like that. i know where i’d take that fight and i’m not willing to handle the consequences for that. 

  • Like 5
  • Sad 2

:taylormade-small: SIM2 8º | KuroKage XT 70TX
:taylormade-small: SIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX
:titelist-small: U500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
:titelist-small: T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
::vokey-small: SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
:scotty-small:  Futura 5w

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

the stuff i know from before we moved in 2 years ago:

he’s on probation for drug offenses from years ago, pretty severely beat his daughter in broad daylight on his front lawn, repeated physical abuse of his wife, property damage to several neighbors’ houses and cars, got in a huge fist fight with another guy on the block, harassed and repeatedly taunted another family on the block until they decided to pack up and move...

since we moved in: 

pissed on a neighbor’s house, used his truck to hit and push a car that was parked in his preferred parking spot, repeated explosive verbal and physical fights from inside their house that you can clearly hear from across the street, verbally berated someone i had working on my house for parking in front of his, verbally berated me for parking too close to his driveway then challenged me to a schoolyard fight. 

i understand not everything on this list is exactly illegal, but when you examine the body of work, this dude needs to go. 

and if it weren’t for the fact that my wife is home alone with our son most days, i just might have taken him up on that fight offer. but i’ve painstakingly chosen the higher road time and again because i’m not getting myself jammed up for someone like that. i know where i’d take that fight and i’m not willing to handle the consequences for that. 

Yea that's a long list, abuse is enough for long term IMO. Yea younger days that's a curbside brawl before kiddos, not worth risking something for that nonsense

  • Like 5

Check out my reviews

 :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

 :taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

 :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rickp said:


Definitely feel your pain. We also have a neighbor from hell. We’ve thought about moving but we’re going to hang in there and ignore her best we can. Good luck with the sale and get great neighbors!


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

We joke that it's a family curse - lousy neighbors.  OMG, do I have stories to share on this topic; mine and my parents.  Suffice to say I am no longer amazed how inconsiderate some people are of others around them. Now we have had some great ones too but it only takes one to wipe out that record.

We've simply come to the conclusion that our next home will be in a very structured and strictly managed HOA (i.e. Del Webb type) community.  Nope, it is no guarantee. But from everything I've researched, and those I've spoke with who live in the communities we're considering, it's as close as we can get.  As soon as a junker goes up on jacks, or a scourge of the earth blue plastic tarp adorns it, a call to the HOA and it will be taken care of in short order.  What's crazy is that a part of me dislikes the rigid/structured option... but ya gotta pick your poison.

  • Like 6

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

We joke that it's a family curse - lousy neighbors.  OMG, do I have stories to share on this topic; mine and my parents.  Suffice to say I am no longer amazed how inconsiderate some people are of others around them. Now we have had some great ones too but it only takes one to wipe out that record.

We've simply come to the conclusion that our next home will be in a very structured and strictly managed HOA (i.e. Del Webb type) community.  Nope, it is no guarantee. But from everything I've researched, and those I've spoke with who live in the communities we're considering, it's as close as we can get.  As soon as a junker goes up on jacks, or a scourge of the earth blue plastic tarp adorns it, a call to the HOA and it will be taken care of in short order.  What's crazy is that a part of me dislikes the rigid/structured option... but ya gotta pick your poison.

It is tough, I have 2 hoarder, just A MESS houses. 1 super nice the others not so much but its the yard that kills me. Try to keep ours as neat and tidy as possible with projects going on around the house but these people just DGAF, I will have to take a picture of the back yard of 1 of them its atrocious. The HOA or atleast a nice community is looking better and better to us for the reason you said, pick up the phone call it a day.

  • Like 6

Check out my reviews

 :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

 :taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

 :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

It is tough, I have 2 hoarder, just A MESS houses. 1 super nice the others not so much but its the yard that kills me. Try to keep ours as neat and tidy as possible with projects going on around the house but these people just DGAF, I will have to take a picture of the back yard of 1 of them its atrocious. The HOA or atleast a nice community is looking better and better to us for the reason you said, pick up the phone call it a day.

Yup.  What most find out is that smaller venue HOA's, particularly as the development ages, and that are solely managed by homeowners, struggle to maintain policies.  If it gets to the point of legal action, they tend to lose teeth simply because no one wants to spend that much time and $$ pursuing the issue.  The neighbors down the street don't look into your neighbors backyard.  The Del Webb and Robson type communities have hired property management/staff and decades of experience keeping the covenants and bylaws maintained.  At this point in our lives, my sanity is worth the cost.

  • Like 6

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A different kind of SIM.....The Verizon Wireless comedy parade continues this morning.  After slogging through the previous challenges, earlier this week we were able to find a Verizon Wireless contact that arranged for a sim card to be delivered to us.  They needed the phone model and imei # to get the correct set up.  The sim card arrived today and I tried to put it into the phone.  

But they sent the wrong size sim card....the phone needs a nano sim and they sent a regular sim size.   😂  They are going to try again!

 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Snake Eyes 18* & 23* Hybrids; Golfsmith Tour Cavity Forged 3i;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Link to post
Share on other sites
update with a happy ending!!
after we lost the $30K over ask offer we had open houses Thursday and Saturday that landed us a $35K over ask offer which we accepted about 20 minutes ago!
oh, and my POS neighbor was super agitated all weekend because there was no parking in front of his house due to the 80 people that were here each day. 

Cool!! That’s great. Hope you land in a great neighborhood [emoji106]


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rickp said:


Cool!! That’s great. Hope you land in a great neighborhood emoji106.png


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

we bought a great house in Newtown, CT 

  • Like 6

:taylormade-small: SIM2 8º | KuroKage XT 70TX
:taylormade-small: SIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX
:titelist-small: U500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
:titelist-small: T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
::vokey-small: SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
:scotty-small:  Futura 5w

Link to post
Share on other sites
we bought a great house in Newtown, CT 

[emoji106] my SIL is from Newtown.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to post
Share on other sites
update with a happy ending!!
after we lost the $30K over ask offer we had open houses Thursday and Saturday that landed us a $35K over ask offer which we accepted about 20 minutes ago!
oh, and my POS neighbor was super agitated all weekend because there was no parking in front of his house due to the 80 people that were here each day. 

Congrats - more money and you got to tick off your neighbor!


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rickp said:


emoji106.png my SIL is from Newtown.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

that’s awesome. we got a lot of house on a lot of land, and the town seems really great. 

we’re excited for a little more rural way of life 

  • Like 3

:taylormade-small: SIM2 8º | KuroKage XT 70TX
:taylormade-small: SIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX
:titelist-small: U500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
:titelist-small: T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
::vokey-small: SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
:scotty-small:  Futura 5w

Link to post
Share on other sites
that’s awesome. we got a lot of house on a lot of land, and the town seems really great. 
we’re excited for a little more rural way of life 

Not sure where you are going but you’ll definitely get rural. Some people who work in NY live in that section of CT.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rickp said:


Not sure where you are going but you’ll definitely get rural. Some people who work in NY live in that section of CT.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

were on 4 acres, backed on to green space. it’s pretty rural haha. we’re 10 minutes from the center of Newtown

  • Like 8
  • Love 1

:taylormade-small: SIM2 8º | KuroKage XT 70TX
:taylormade-small: SIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX
:titelist-small: U500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
:titelist-small: T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
::vokey-small: SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
:scotty-small:  Futura 5w

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

were on 4 acres, backed on to green space. it’s pretty rural haha. we’re 10 minutes from the center of Newtown

Congrats on the move up!   I would think there is room for a personal driving range and backyard green in those 4 acres!!!

  • Like 5

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Snake Eyes 18* & 23* Hybrids; Golfsmith Tour Cavity Forged 3i;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

Congrats on the move up!   I would think there is room for a personal driving range and backyard green in those 4 acres!!!

i don’t have the survey in hand yet, but the eyeball test tells me i can definitely hit a 7i off my back deck without any fear of hitting another house. 

driver might be out of the question though. there’s a road on the other side of the open space with houses on it. 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

:taylormade-small: SIM2 8º | KuroKage XT 70TX
:taylormade-small: SIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX
:titelist-small: U500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
:titelist-small: T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
::vokey-small: SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
:scotty-small:  Futura 5w

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...