Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

When your 3 wood starts out performing your driver

OTG

So I set my driver back to neutral and used it sparingly during my round yesterday... Hit my 3 wood on the 1st & 2nd then had a swing of the driver on the 3rd once my swing was a bit more warmed up. Then mixed it up depending on the hole from there on out, but mostly went back to the 3 wood when I needed to be accurate.

The biggest take away is that with the 3 wood, I am confident to wind up and crank it. And it's going to be pretty close to where I wanted it to go.

Where as if I wind up and crank the driver, I just don't know what's going to happen.

Srixon Z545 Driver

Cleveland Classic 5 wood

Cleveland Mashie #3 Hybrid

Srixon H45 #4 Hybrid

Srixon Z-565 irons (5-PW)

Cleveland RTX 2.0 wedges (48° & 56°)

Cleveland CBX 60° wedge

Cleveland TFi Cero putter

Srixon Z-Star XV

Back on the smaller head thing the pros prefer a smaller head because they don't need the bigger sweet spot and it's easier to work.

Any fitter worth his salt is going to carefully consider shaft length. The first issue he has is trying to get the guy on the sweet spot consistently and that is often a matter of shaft length. He's unlikely to go smaller head because most of us need the additional forgiveness that a larger head affords.

It is funny how we all differ. I hate my fairway woods and dread the holes I need to use them on. It's a big sigh of relief for me when that shots over with.

Give me driver anyway - at least my mistakes with be straight.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Archived