Best Thrift Store Club Finds? (Check out my recent haul with pictures)

My latest 99 cent thrift store scores...

IMG_2090.JPG

IMG_2091.JPG

IMG_2092.JPG

IMG_2093.JPG

IMG_2094.JPG

IMG_2095.JPG

IMG_2096.JPG

IMG_2098.JPG

IMG_2099.JPG

IMG_2102.JPG

IMG_2101.JPG

• Like 5

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best $9 I think I'll ever spend. Saw them at a garage sale. Although there shafts appear to be aluminum.   planet earth

$4.99 at Goodwill. Brand new. Left over from the Chubb Classic in Naples. Couldn't just leave it sitting there.   Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Wet gloomy morning on the Colorado Front Range, so I decided to hunt for a “Sundayâ€� bag at the thrift store. Scored this Sun Mountain Swift for $2.00     Pretty, pretty, pretty...pretty good.

Posted Images

uhh.. those are some pretty amazing finds for 99 cents. That Ping putter is pretty stellar. Every time I look for deals like this they end up being clubs I've never heard of. maybe one of these days I'll hit the jackpot

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G 9.5*

Fairway: TaylorMade AeroBurner

Hybrid: Adams Blue

Irons: TaylorMade Burner 2.0

Wedges: TaylorMade Tour Preferred EF

Putter: Odyssey O-Works #1

Now..... Are they worth anything? Gotta ask. Maybe time for antiques roadshow [emoji846]

planet earth

Those are a sweet find! Got a close-up pic of the head? I have the Wilson equipment catalog book and will look them up.

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

IMG_20170621_232556569.jpg

planet earth

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

IMG_20170621_232834278.jpg

planet earth

• Like 2

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

attachicon.gifIMG_20170621_175627101.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20170621_175537159.jpg

Best $9 I think I'll ever spend. Saw them at a garage sale. Although there shafts appear to be aluminum.

planet earth

Stick a magnet to the shaft and c if it sticks.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

attachicon.gifIMG_20170621_232556569.jpg

planet earth

Well it looks like you got a set of 1960's/70's PGA irons in a Wilson box. The owner might have bought a new set of Wilson Staffs to replace their PGA irons and just stuck the old irons in the Wilson box when they arrived.

Value? Whatever someone is willing to pay for them. For $9 I think they are cool.

WITB:

Rife Legend Z Putter

Well it looks like you got a set of 1960's/70's PGA irons in a Wilson box. The owner might have bought a new set of Wilson Staffs to replace their PGA irons and just stuck the old irons in the Wilson box when they arrived.

Value? Whatever someone is willing to pay for them. For $9 I think they are cool.

Thanks for the info. They will make a nice addition to my club collection regardless. I may even try to play a round with them.

planet earth

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. They will make a nice addition to my club collection regardless. I may even try to play a round with them.

planet earth

Oh absolutely take them out for a round. I'm sure you'll have some fun with them. [emoji16]

• Like 1

WITB:

Rife Legend Z Putter

Oh absolutely take them out for a round. I'm sure you'll have some fun with them. [emoji16]

Definitely, have to give them some fun. I'm sure you'll enjoy at least a round with them.

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

@downlowkey  You have to give that TM Mid Rescue a few test hits.  These are still my favorite clubs in the bag. I have the 2, 3, 4 & 5.

That Ping Putter looks like it is in great shape too.   Great finds!!

• Like 1

:cobra-small: Max Superlite 9.5* Driver   :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 10.5* Driver    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 16* 3 Wood    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 19* 5 Wood

:taylormade-small: Mid Rescue - 2, 3, 4, & 5 Hybrids     :taylormade-small: M2 - 6 Hybrid

:cleveland-small: 588 Altitude 7-PW    :cleveland-small: Tour Action 588 52* Gap wedge   :cleveland-small: Smart Sole 58* San wedge

:cleveland-small: Frontline Elvado Single Bend 33" putter (testing)                   

:MLA: Target Adixion 33" putter

:titelist-small:  Velocity Golf Balls

@downlowkey  You have to give that TM Mid Rescue a few test hits.  These are still my favorite clubs in the bag. I have the 2, 3, 4 & 5.

That Ping Putter looks like it is in great shape too.   Great finds!!

Funny you should mention that Tmag rescue, snapping pics I was thinking it looked fantastic at address. Unfortunately it's a regular flex and feels like an orange whip in my hands. Maybe I'll check diamondtour.com for a cheap hybrid shaft. I'm still using a 10+ year old Nickent 3DX 17* Ironwood. Tested a hundred different hybrid options over the years but nothing matches the versatility of the Nickent.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

I recently took a job at a Goodwill headquarters for IT and our main donation center is right next door. I go over there a good deal to fix stuff and I have to walk past their golf donations every time. It kills me to not dig through it. There is some decent Callaway irons that I've seen. Also saw some Taylormade RBZ drivers and woods. Haven't looked too closely because I know I wouldn't be able to leave them alone afterwards 😂

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I recently took a job at a Goodwill headquarters for IT and our main donation center is right next door. I go over there a good deal to fix stuff and I have to walk past their golf donations every time. It kills me to not dig through it. There is some decent Callaway irons that I've seen. Also saw some Taylormade RBZ drivers and woods. Haven't looked too closely because I know I wouldn't be able to leave them alone afterwards [emoji23]

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app

We have a brand new Goodwill store about 4 miles from us. The amount of "stuff" donated to this store is staggering (central FL). There's a huge number of golf clubs donated there but no big names or really decent clubs. Just clones and older low end pieces.

Does GW have the capacity or the internet ability to sell the better clubs on EBay or other sites? It just seems there r no high end clubs, not even old models.

The average price of clubs there is around $3.00-$4.00.

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

We have a brand new Goodwill store about 4 miles from us. The amount of "stuff" donated to this store is staggering (central FL). There's a huge number of golf clubs donated there but no big names or really decent clubs. Just clones and older low end pieces.

Does GW have the capacity or the internet ability to sell the better clubs on EBay or other sites? It just seems there r no high end clubs, not even old models.

The average price of clubs there is around $3.00-$4.00.

That might be one of our stores then. Some of the higher quality items go on to shopgoodwill where people can bid on them. It takes away from the usual hunting people are used to, but it helps sales. I can't really speak on how it gets decided as to how it gets decided what gets put online. That's not really my area to speak about. Now if you want to talk about computers and databases I'm your guy 😂
  • Like 1

That might be one of our stores then. Some of the higher quality items go on to shopgoodwill where people can bid on them. It takes away from the usual hunting people are used to, but it helps sales. I can't really speak on how it gets decided as to how it gets decided what gets put online. That's not really my area to speak about. Now if you want to talk about computers and databases I'm your guy [emoji23]

That makes sense. I'm sure there is a computerized listing of products as they r sorted at the stores. I think they got it together.

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Funny somebody else some I 302s out there. I found a full set 3- pw kinda rough but cleaned up rather well. $4 total, gotta love the thrift stores!attachicon.giftapatalk_1498350668639attachicon.giftapatalk_1498350675346attachicon.giftapatalk_1498350681086

Sent from my SM-T700 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Sure R well worth $4.00. Good job!

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

IMG_20170701_120431992.jpg

Found this gem for$1.99 but now to hit it. Think I'll get it higher than 10ft. Off the ground?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

attachicon.gifIMG_20170701_120431992.jpg

Found this gem for$1.99 but now to hit it. Think I'll get it higher than 10ft. Off the ground?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Worth $1.99 just for the fun it it.

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead