Rickp

Has anyone purchased products because of the MGS Reviews?

Our Sponsors

7 hours ago, Pjholden said:

I didn't discover Sub70 on MGS but I did use the site to read everything I could about the clubs and company. Ultimately went to their shop for a fitting and bought a set of 699's. I did purchase and still use the Maxfli balls based on MGS reviews.

How was your experience with the fitting? I am really looking forward to it when the crisis is all over!

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue

3 Wood: :adams-small: Insight BUL Stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

52 Deg:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0

56 deg: :cleveland-small: Reg 588 tour action

60 Deg: :cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0

Putter:bettinardi-small: Studio Stock #3 (Winn 1.32 Pro x grip)

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

MSG influenced my driver purchase of a Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero, and switch to a ProV1x from Chrome Soft and both have worked out very well for me. I'm a recovering putter-ho so MSG was the enabler that persuaded me to acquire another one:  Ping GS Tyne 4 ...once again, a solid choice but I just haven't had the streaky-hot day that I've had with my old Hagen Gentle Ben, especially on severely breaking putts.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2020 at 8:18 PM, cciciora13 said:

How was your experience with the fitting? I am really looking forward to it when the crisis is all over!

The experience was very good. Jason took plenty of time asking about my game and what i wanted to improve. Then I hit a couple dozen balls with my clubs to establish a baseline. Jason started putting together head/shaft combos until the results showed improvement. It didn't take many combos for Jason to find the right make up for me. We did have to take some liberty in fitting for loft/lie because at the time of my fitting he wasn't set up to adjust that like you may see on the topline fitting carts. But once I received my clubs and I started hitting balls on the range, it was apparent he was spot on. I went for my fitting on a Friday and my clubs were at my door the following Wednesday. I spent the entire month of January going to Golf Galaxy and PGA Superstores hitting all of the clubs in the same class as the 699's and for me they performed at the very top of all the clubs I hit. I even went through a Titlest fitting at my local club. The top 3 irons for me in my elementary research were the 699's, Titleist T200's, and Srixon Z785's. With the results being so similar it was a no brainer for me to select the 699's based on value. I believe I also received a better fitting club than the Titleist fit, the specs were vastly different and results prove it. So if Sycamore isn't too far from you i would say by all means it is worth your time to go see Jason and go through a fitting.

• Like 4

:taylormade-small: M2 9.5*

:callaway-small: XR 

:755178188_TourEdge: 

Sub 70 699 4-AW, KBS Tour 130

:vokey-small: SM8 54* and 58*, KBS Tour 130

:bettinardi-small: BB38, 35"

:srixon-small: Z-Star XV

:1590477705_SunMountain: C130

:footjoy-small: DryJoys, Flex, ProSL

I've never purchased anything based on MGS reviews alone and never just go for the #1 or #2 in a product category. I use their information to help make a decision on things that I've probably been looking at for some time.

All that changed today though. I originally wasn't interested in CBD products - I had seen the market flooded with stuff and Instagram "influencers" (more like peddlers) pushing stuff of questionable origin. What they posted in the blog today was well done (IMO) and convinced me to at least give CBD a shot. So now I've got a topical ointment on order from Purekana. I'll be interested to see if I notice a difference. I'd love to stop taking ibuprofen every morning.

• Like 3

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Nike Vapor Pro Combo (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Pro S300
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura 6m 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

I've never purchased anything based on MGS reviews alone and never just go for the #1 or #2 in a product category. I use their information to help make a decision on things that I've probably been looking at for some time.
All that changed today though. I originally wasn't interested in CBD products - I had seen the market flooded with stuff and Instagram "influencers" (more like peddlers) pushing stuff of questionable origin. What they posted in the blog today was well done (IMO) and convinced me to at least give CBD a shot. So now I've got a topical ointment on order from Purekana. I'll be interested to see if I notice a difference. I'd love to stop taking ibuprofen every morning.

Will be interested how the Purekana works for you. The CBD oil is something we’ve looked into but have shied away from due to all the negatives and lack of real testing.
We went to a “ CBD seminar” held by a local Doctor that turned into nothing more than a Pyramid Scheme. There were testing results given in a slick presentation but when I pressed the Doc in who, what and where the names of the prestigious Labs, no direct answer.
Anyway we’ll look into the products mentioned in the MGS article.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

Will be interested how the Purekana works for you. The CBD oil is something we’ve looked into but have shied away from due to all the negatives and lack of real testing.
We went to a “ CBD seminar” held by a local Doctor that turned into nothing more than a Pyramid Scheme. There were testing results given in a slick presentation but when I pressed the Doc in who, what and where the names of the prestigious Labs, no direct answer.
Anyway we’ll look into the products mentioned in the MGS article.

Lack of medical evidence and data has been my hang up too, but I also have used various supplements in the past such as pre-workout, creatine, and various proteins which got me to thinking that CBD isn’t much different. If anything, it may prove to be less harmful than some of those supplements I just listed - not to me personally, but horror stories and various warnings from medical experts are not hard to find.

• Like 2

Lack of medical evidence and data has been my hang up too, but I also have used various supplements in the past such as pre-workout, creatine, and various proteins which got me to thinking that CBD isn’t much different. If anything, it may prove to be less harmful than some of those supplements I just listed - not to me personally, but horror stories and various warnings from medical experts are not hard to find.

SWMBO tried something topical a while back and it was a disaster, broke out in hives.
Neighbor down street ended up in Urgent Care with some CBD oil a couple years ago which obviously scares us.

• Sad 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

On 11/11/2017 at 11:34 AM, yungkory said:

I wouldn't have ever heard of Evnroll if it weren't for MGS. Based on the test results they've done, forum members, and some personal testing, I'm waiting for my custom ER2 which should be here any day now.

I use MGS as a base for recommendations, but I'll never buy something without testing it myself first.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Like yungkory, I use MGS for recommendations, but need to test equipment myself. 

Purchased Snell golf balls after reading about them here.  Now, my go to ball.  Only complaint is the yellow coloring is not embedded in the cover and it does come off.  

• Like 1

Driver:  Callaway Epic Flash, Fujikura Pro 2.0 stiff

3 wood:  Callaway Epic Flash

3 Hybrid:   TaylorMade M2

4 Hybrid:  TaylorMade M2

Irons:  5 iron -PW PXG 0211, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 stiff

50 and 54 degree wedges:  Callaway MD3

58 degree wedge:  Callaway PM grind

Putter:  TaylorMade Ardmore 3

•  

I'm trying to buy one of the recommended push carts but can't find the one I want.

On 4/22/2020 at 3:41 PM, Rickp said:

Will be interested how the Purekana works for you.

Thought I'd give you an update. Got the ointment in the mail about a week ago (maybe less). I've used it on my feet and calves primarily, but also had my wife rub some on my back one night - she has used it primarily on her feet. I've noticed a slight decrease in muscle soreness, but hard to say if that's because of the CBD or simply getting a good night's rest. No rashes or anything else though. I have very dry, sensitive skin and if anything it's helped to soften the skin a bit. Time will tell if it's really worth the price or not. I think today will be a good day to try some more on my back. Woke up this morning feeling really sore from poor sleep.

• Like 1

Thought I'd give you an update. Got the ointment in the mail about a week ago (maybe less). I've used it on my feet and calves primarily, but also had my wife rub some on my back one night - she has used it primarily on her feet. I've noticed a slight decrease in muscle soreness, but hard to say if that's because of the CBD or simply getting a good night's rest. No rashes or anything else though. I have very dry, sensitive skin and if anything it's helped to soften the skin a bit. Time will tell if it's really worth the price or not. I think today will be a good day to try some more on my back. Woke up this morning feeling really sore from poor sleep.

K, thanks.
I’m sure it will take a bit of time to try it properly, thanks for the update.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

They made me question my ball choice and I started testing what else was out there to see if there was a performance difference for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: FT Optiforce 460 10.5*

:callaway-small: FT Optiforce 3W, 5W

:callaway-small: X2 Hot 5-PW

:callaway-small: MD4 52/56/60

:odyssey-small: White Hot RX #7

:taylormade-small: TP5

MGS - No

MGS Forum - Yes

What's interesting and ironic about my case is that I found my irons and the company who makes them (Maltby) through the forum.

That said, I've been trying to get MGS the company to test clubs like these and just can't seem to get any interest. I'm sure there's probably more to it than I can see on the surface.

Maybe with the most recent NPG episode, the dive into DTC brands could be deeper than before and companies like this could get some love.

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

• Like 1

:cobra-small:  F8+ 9*/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:adams-small:  Tight Lies2  3 wood (14*) UST ProForce V2 Black (S+)
:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 4-GW 
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW 56/12 Wedge
:cleveland-small:  Huntington Beach #11 Putter

Current MGS test group member for fuji.jpg.2882d9125b503e4cc01e98268c2c0366.jpgMotoreX.jpg.5d63086430ba328b6d69e9b545a11340.jpg

Oh yes. 

Bought a set of Cobra S3 irons based on MGS reviews and testing. Got into Snell golf balls because of the testing. And bought an Evnroll putter in part from the testing I saw on MGS. I did go and put it through the paces on the putting green as well. But I was in the market to buy a putter and did not have Evnroll on my radar until I saw the testing on MGS. 

• Driver: :ping-small: G410 Plus 9*, Tensei Orange 60X
  • Hybrids::adams-small:  Super XTD 17* Hybrid Fubuki AX:callaway-small:,  Apex 20* Hybrid, AD-DI 85S
  • Irons: :srixon-small: U85 4I AD DI 95S, Z585 5-6, Z785 7-PW, Modus 120s
  • Wedges: :ping-small:: Glide 3.0 52, Modus 120x:taylormade-small:, Hi Toe 56 & 60, Modus 120x
  • Putter: :EVNROLL:  ER3 @ 33"
  • RH in Phoenix, AZ

I very much use MGS data regarding golf purchases. MGS is probably my number one source when I begin my research. I am particularly skeptical regarding golf ball purchases. I would say if not for MGS I would not have tried SNELL golf balls as soon as I did. The hybrid golf club reviews in which the launch statistics are given (i.e. angle of descent, apex, etc) greatly assist me when choosing which clubs to demo test.

I have definitely bought Balls I might not have if it were not for the MGS ball test.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Picked up a Ping G400 after the review came out a while back. Best driver I had in the bag in a while. 

Thanks MGS

Driver, Ping G400 11* SR Flex

3 Wood, TaylorMade SLDR 17*  R Flex

5 Wood, TaylorMade SLDR 19* R Flex

Hybrid, Cobra Amp 24* R Flex

Irons, Sub 70 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

Wedges, Cleveland CBX 56* & 60*

Putter, Odyssey Marksman Fang 35"