Tyson Lamb Putters

BIG STU

It's a little different in my opinion. How would you feel if someone contracted you to do cabinets for one of their jobs but upsold it? Why shouldn't you just do it at the price point they sold it for? People have tried to leverage our company to do work and skim off the top before, we turn those "opportunities" down - we're not street workers who will do the job so you can skim off the top, unless it's insanely lucrative. As someone who I look up to always says "everyone has a wh**e price."

I've been in the whisk(e)y hobby for years. Flipping for a profit is standard practice..... even if I don't agree with it. Why should it be different for anything else? It's Capitalism at it's best..... sell the other guy's product at a profit. I made the money I wanted/asked for initially. Why should I care if someone sells my work for a profit if I got what I wanted to begin with?

• Like 2

So you don't want to buy some cabinets?

Probably stained already

Lol

BigTazz

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2
         Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

I really like MGS and I do hope that the message on instagram was not specifically intended to sell the piece but more as a light-hearted joke.  I don't think if I was given a piece for free, while working at a site that talks about industry ethics, without speaking with the giver/gifter before I tried to sell it.  

If the goal is to get rid of the piece and/or clutter, maybe put it up as an charity auction piece after speaking with giver.  Its all about optics at that point.  I digress.  

As far as buying a putter and then flipping it...I don't see an issue with that.  A person paid money for a piece and at that time its theirs to do as they see fit.  It is in the person's right but I also see the right of T.L. to say he doesn't like it.  If he wants to try and monitor the flippers...good luck!

Side note working in Sales/Marketing in regards to the back and forth on Twitter.  Its best not to continue to engage to prove a point.  The takeaway from 3rd parties is that it becomes petty and you lose more than you gain at that point.  Say what you want to say and leave it at that.  Referencing both T.L. and his mom as constant complainers publicly is not a good message by MGS.  Although I did chuckle at it so there is that.

Keep up the great work MGS, I am will be here for the long haul as long as you continue to work for the consumers.

• Like 1

:callaway-small:  Epic Flash SZ 9o w/ Ventus 6X

:callaway-small:  Rogue 4wd w/ ATMOS Red 7X

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 20o w/ ATMOS Blue 7S tipped 1"

:mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour 4i - PW (standard lofts) Rifle

:titelist-small:  SM6 51o, 59o, SM7 55o   

:titelist-small:  2019 ProV1x

:tp-mills-1: Custom Ming

Yeah this makes no sense, if I bought the putter you're opinion of me selling it on doesnt matter. The gifting scenario- I was not involved with any communication so won't comment on it.

In the end it's just a customized anser. For a guy with no putter head designs of his own, 2500 is over priced. Basically everything he has done is just a replay of someone else. The circle Texas logo looks like Scotty's tour only logo, as does the f bomb logo, scottys cherry bombs. And on and and on.

That's not to say people shouldn't buy them, but definitely wall hanging material

• Like 4

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

The putter is quoted by Lamb to have been used as “payment” for a job done. Instead of receiving cash, a person was paid via “barter”. It had a value equal to work performed. Done. Instead of cash, got an item. Sold it. Tyson Lamb needs to chill out and be thankful people pay stupid amounts of money for putters that are copies, and absent ANY significant technology!

Jack wagon.

• Like 6

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Super Hybrid 17*, Aldila RIP Alpha 105 S, tipped 1”

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All clubs have :Arccos:  In the Winn Dri-Tac 2.0 Oversize grips

So you sign up to do a review for MGS. You get the product, do the review and knock it out the park. Now I find out that after you have completed all obligations that you decide the product isn't a great fit for you and you'd like to sell it and move on.

Do you think I have any right to throw a hissy fit and start getting all my fellow golf spies to call you out and bash you all over the internet? I don't think so

Grow up

I think this is exactly where my thought process is with this whole thing. MGS gives us stuff to test and there is no say what can be done after the test.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but, I don't see how TL could dictate what happens to a product once it's been sold or given away. Once he hands it over, he relinquishes ownership of said product.

He can piss and moan all he likes but it's not his any more. Even Ferrari doesn't have that practice FFS.

• Like 4

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I'm sure anyone buying one of his putters isn't buying with the intention of flipping. What if they just can't sink putts with it? Is it a crime to sell it and move on?

Absolutely not. If it doesn't work for you, it's not doing you any good. If I dropped that kind of money on it, maybe I would talk to Tyson directly and see what he could do. If he told me nothing, then I would be trying to get as much as I could for it.

• Like 1

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

This isn't hard. The putter wasn't given away. It was sent to be reviewed. A review that arguably put them on a map. Personally, I'd be so ecstatic, there'd be more in the mail to both Dan and HQ. 

It's amazing how quickly golf consumers jump to communism these days: "you can't charge that", "you can't release that many clubs", "you can't sell that". Maybe get permission from Chairman Mao before your next step. 

• Like 5

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

attachicon.gifIMG_0081.JPG

I stand with Tyson on this one.

Way to ruin everything Matt Mann. You're the worst...

• Like 3

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

I really appreciate that post, Adam. Transparency is always a good thing.

I 110% agree Adam coming here and clarifying it for the folks of this forum is great. It's not often you see someone in charge of a business so transparent or open about something that happened. Once something is tested and it doesn't work for you why keep it??

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

So...I guess there won't be anymore Lamb articles on the blog going forward? 

G-dang-it. 

So for the guys who run this site, who has become a bigger horse's butt to deal with? Taylormade or TL?

• :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* w/ VA Composites Nemesys 65 X tipped 1/2" 
  • :ping-small: G425 LST 3W 14.5* w/ Ping Tour 75X
  • :srixon-small: ZX Utility 18* w/ Project X 6.5
  • :callaway-small: X Forged 21* w/ Tour Issue Dynamic Gold S400
  • :taylormade-small: 2020 P770 5-PW w/ Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X100
  • :ping-small: Glide 3.0 54* & 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S400
  • :ping-small: Sigma 2 Arna - 35.25"...coming soon: Evnroll ER5B
  •  Pro V1x Left Dash
  • I'm left-handed so I don't go broke buying all new clubs every week. 

• SPY VIP

Not true.  If he does something worth telling golfers we will continue to run our business the way we always have. We will tell you.  Also if he ever runs a production model that has enough inventory we will test it.  But in the last conversation i had with him he does not think that will happen anytime soon.

So...I guess there won't be anymore Lamb articles on the blog going forward? 

G-dang-it. 

So for the guys who run this site, who has become a bigger horse's butt to deal with? Taylormade or TL?

• Like 6

#TruthDigest

Not true.  If he does something worth telling golfers we will continue to run our business the way we always have. We will tell you.  Also if he ever runs a production model that has enough inventory we will test it.  But in the last conversation i had with him he does not think that will happen anytime soon.

Side topic:  Is that an availability issue for if they win, a can you make this more than once repeatability issue, or both?