Forum Structure Change: Equipment, University, and *Community* Read more... ×
Win a Custom Wedge Wizard Wedge: MGS Trick Shot Challenge Read more... ×
Sluggo42

NFL thread! What are you thinking?

Oh no... that seemed to happen to him so many times this season...got to be soul crushing

If you're a kicker and they call time out do you still kick it or wait? Seems like you can psych your self out if you kick it...

12 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

That poor kicker will never recover mentally....

He was the 2nd worst kicker in the NFL all season. He was already a headcase. 

Bears played way too conservative on offense until they needed to. They deserved every bit of what happened. 

Lets go Saints 

If I made it through that one without a beer then I can make it through anything. #flyeaglesfly

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

If I made it through that one without a beer then I can make it through anything. #flyeaglesfly

I got your back, drank a few for ya.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, jlukes said:

He was the 2nd worst kicker in the NFL all season. He was already a headcase. 

Bears played way too conservative on offense until they needed to. They deserved every bit of what happened. 

Lets go Saints 

... I wouldn't say too conservative, but Nagy was never in any kind of play calling groove. And they made too many mistakes. Any defense that holds the SB Champs to 16 points should win. Eagles have a very good defense but 15 points at home is abysmal. And you are right of course, Parkey has been a head case all year. 

26 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

... I don't drink. This is one time I wish I did. 

... I wouldn't say too conservative, but Nagy was never in any kind of play calling groove. And they made too many mistakes. Any defense that holds the SB Champs to 16 points should win. Eagles have a very good defense but 15 points at home is abysmal. And you are right of course, Parkey has been a head case all year. 

With zero running game he had to be conservative. There should have been at least three picks by the Birds that were dropped. Lost trust in a young QB but the kid stepped up and got them in a position to win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the take away for the Bears for the future is that there is a still a really good upside to this team. Their defense is very good, and they are still quite young on offense. If they add a good running back a couple of O-linemen they will contend for a decent amount of time. They’ve built a good core of players so they should have a good run the next few years. 

On 1/2/2019 at 9:12 PM, chisag said:

... We have all seen this before, a few prima donna's happily carrying the team and even raising the play of others when winning. But once trouble hits and they start losing, the prima donna's can't win it all by themselves, even though that is where their effort is and not with the team, everything starts to unravel and like 2 yr olds throwing a tantrum it becomes a cancer that must be removed. Terrell Owens and Brandon Marshall come to mind. 

That's nothing.  My pension package includes a United Healthcare Medicare Advantage, Plan.

Now, when I'm trying to watch Nicole Wallace's show on MSNBC, some guy is insisting that I need a Humana Medicare Advantage Plan instead.  What the hell's the matter with this guy? Can't I just watch TV?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GSwag said:

Anybody but the Patriots, please.

We're not looking great, G, but making the rest of the world miserable is mothers milk to a New England Patriots fan.  (We're a little deranged that way. It's a result of having rooted for the red-shirted Boston Pats of old.)

I think we might get by Rivers and the  Bolts today, but damn, those Chiefs look tough.  We barely beat them (43-40) here in God's country,  but beating them in flyover country in front of the cows is admittedly no easy task.

Either way, I don't drink beer in the winter.  I'll make a pitcher of Bloody Marys for the game.  And another at half time.

Edited by NiftyNiblick

With the ragged showing of the Cowboys yesterday the NFL season is officially over for me. The rest of the playoffs and superbowl are of no interest. (honestly, the cowboys aren't/weren't a serious contender anyway) The Rams offense looked great and ran over the Dallas defense. Additionally, the Rams had 2 seriously bad calls against them and still won. Especially that roughing the kicker call. Didn't matter anyway as the Rams are the better team.

On 12/21/2018 at 9:54 AM, NiftyNiblick said:

I'm just gradually easing into not caring anymore.

Once the Pats are knocked out this year, it's somebody else's problem.

As I said, I'm not a football fan. Conventional football--non-Patriots football-- is  mediocrity that doesn't entertain me.

I was a fan of Patriots football in the Brady/Belichick prime.

It was a completely different game than anybody else played--then, before, or after.

Now that it's over, I'll simply leave what's left for other people to watch.

I've got the DVDs.  I can watch them forever--any time I want to see what the game was at it's ultimate peak.

(Have I represented myself as the stereotypical Patriots fan?)

Bump. 

• Like 1

The Chargers have always been one of the teams for whom I “cheer”, so it’s disappointing that they lost in the playoffs again. The O line, and defense had a ROUGH day. I just never understand how the Patriots were horrible when I was growing-up, and now they’re there every single year. They draft late in rounds, and the way the league is, they’re supposed to drop-off, but never do. How organizations like my Lions are the exact opposite makes no sense either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2