Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Club Champion - Irons

7 hours ago, 03trdblack said:

Not that much of a stretch anymore to move to a $50 Aerotech graphite shaft.

Or a $25 Recoil.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

7 hours ago, 03trdblack said:

You say that but have you seen the prices of steel shafts these days??  Steel shafts are what's gotten absurd!  KBS S tapers are $55 each, Nippon Modus are $38 each, KBS tour 90 are $30 each, and Project X LZ come in at $45 each.  Even basic Dynamic Golds are $23 each and they used to be less than $15 not that long ago.  

Not that much of a stretch anymore to move to a $50 Aerotech graphite shaft.

Yes, we agree wholeheartedly with that, but most people don't build their own sets, and the OEM still charges a large upcharge on graphite. If I were to buy 8 heads and 8 shafts, yeah, it wouldn't be too much worse to build with graphite. But I don't know too many people that do that, most still order directly from the OEM/retailer who still charge the exorbitant markup on graphite. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Yes, we agree wholeheartedly with that, but most people don't build their own sets, and the OEM still charges a large upcharge on graphite. If I were to buy 8 heads and 8 shafts, yeah, it wouldn't be too much worse to build with graphite. But I don't know too many people that do that, most still order directly from the OEM/retailer who still charge the exorbitant markup on graphite. 

The price of steel is approaching record highs. The cost of cars and/or anything steel related is going to balloon. Believe it or not it’s a good problem to have.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Archived