Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

On 4/12/2024 at 10:56 PM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Best of luck with your goals and hope to hear about your tournament!

It is great to see so many new international members jumping on and joining the forum!

Thanks Mate! Seems like a good place to learn more!

Just trying to figure this sport out, 1 day at a time

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I hit my first ball on October 15th 2023 and since that it's been a non stop, I normally go on weekends as during the week is quite difficult for me but when I have some time I'll be on the range or on the course. I got my handicap 1 month ago so I'm 36 currently, haven't played any tournament yet and my normal score sits around 110 and 120, currently working to get it down.

2. What do you love about golf?

I really love everything that comes with golf, meeting new people almost every time I play a round is amazing for me, also the difficult but simplicity of the game makes it spectacular for me also the technical part that comes on the swing makes me to be constantly searching for information to improve.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I know MyGolfSpy since a month ago or so, I've been in the forums reading for all these time and now I just decided to get into it! And no, I don't know any other spy yet.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

I'm from Spain! And my home course is the Centro Nacional de Golf in Madrid.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Price, I think here in Spain, in Madrid specifically is getting so so expensive, either the green fee or the membership are getting insanely expensive. Also the way you get into golf, I don't really like that you need a handicap just to get inside a golf course, I mean, I love the handicap system and I think for competing Is amazing but for a casual player that just wants to enjoy a round of golf it's just an impediment.

6. What do you do for a living?

I'm a programmer, mobile developer, I make mobile apps for different companies, it's been my passion since I was a kid.

7. How’d you pick your user name?

Is just the way my parents called me so I use it every time I can.

Driver: Inesis 100

4/5 Hybrid: Inesis 100

6/7 Iron: Inesis 100

8/9 Iron: Inesis 100

Putter: Odyssey 2-ball White Ice

Greeting from Ireland 

Starting playing golf when I was young with my father. Use to go play pitch and putt every weekend. My uncle was a chef at a local golf club so when I was older I joined the club and got lifts with him everyday during the summer. So in total played for about 8-9 years until I was 16 and found booze and women 😅

Didn't touch a club again _until COVID hit and decided to give it another go, and fell back in love with it.

When I was younger all my golf was on links courses, but play parkland now. So have had to learn a different type of golf (bump and runs don't work too well on soft wet ground!). Gets frustrating playing parkland do with the weather here. My local was only 9 holes for the last 6 months due to the rain. So hard to keep the motivation. But the sun is back now and so is the 18 holes so all is good again for at least the next few months 😀 

Driver: Titleist TSR2

3 wood: Titleist TSR2

2 iron: TaylorMade stealth plus hybrid

Irons: Titleist T100

Wedges: Titleist vokey

Putter: Odyssey Toulon Design Chicago

Ball: Titleist ProV1 

Launch monitor: Garmin R10

Hello, I’m Dave from Edinburgh. 👌

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I’ve been playing for around 25 years and am currently a 6 handicap.

What do you love about golf?

Spending time with friends.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I’ve been hanging around on the sidelines for quite a while and decided it was finally time to dive in!

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I’m from Edinburgh, Scotland. My home club is Archerfield but I’m also a member of Cruden Bay, Princes and The St Andrews Golf Club.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

We’re very lucky to have some of the best golf courses in the world on our doorstep but golf here is becoming increasingly expensive.

What do you do for a living?

I worked in finance for a long time but currently I work in golf travel.

How’d you pick your user name?

It’s the same - unimaginative! - one I use for everything!

Rogue ST Max with Autoflex sf505x
u505 3i with Graphite Design DI-85
Miura cb-202 5i
Miura Tournament Blade 7i and 9i
Miura Y-grind 53 degree wedge
Miura Prototype Forged 57 degree wedge
Odyssey White Hot OG Rossie S 

Donald from Canada here. Hello to all. 
I took up golf at age 30 but started to take it more seriously when I retired at 52. Joined a club, took some lessons and am lucky enough to have a spouse who enjoys golfing almost as much as I do.

WITB -fitted at Ping Canada.

Ping G410 Driver, 3 wood, 5 wood  19* hybrid  22* hybrid  26* hybrid

Ping G410 7, 8, 9, wedge, utility

Ping S159 54* 58* wedges

Ping Tyne Sigma 2 putter

Belong to South Ajax Golf course and play most nice days.

Edited by Hicksy

Ping G410 Driver

Ping G410 Woods

Ping G410 Irons and Hybrids

Ping S159 Wedges

Ping Tyne Sigma 2 Putter

Hi all! I'm Jimmy from sunny(ish) Devon in England. I've been playing golf for over 24 years basically growing up on a golf course with my father being the secretary. The last 10 years I fell out of love with the game, playing possibly once or twice a year. But of course the bug never leaves and last year I finally came back to the fold.

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

24 years and currently holding a 23.5 handicap. 

What I love about golf is that every shot can be the one, the reason you play golf. Some play to shoot low, some play for fun, I play to see that perfect shot, the ball pin seeking or the perfect drive. 

I saw the driver test on YouTube and decided to have a look. I've been trying to find something different than the usual YouTube golf channels following trends. 

Devon, England and currently I'm a member at two clubs being Dainton Park golf club & Bovey Castle.

Devon has a huge range of varied courses, links, parkland, community, private, championship. The worst thing atm is trying to book a tee time.

I'm training to be a quantity surveyor with a chartered company.

It's a new handle I've made to hopefully journal my story getting as low as I can.

Full bag to come

Welcome to all you new spies. This is a great place to be and I’m sure you’ll enjoy it

Driver: IMG_5084.png.5fbbd783dcc8d621f65db4e523c4867a.png G430 Max

Fairway: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg LTDx Max 3 wood

Hybrid: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik 3 hybrid 

Irons: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg Forged Tec 4-PW + GW

Wedges: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Jaws 56

IMG_5733.jpeg.1e4058deebcd18f2f88ac5dcaa6c8149.jpegSM9 52

Putter: IMG_5308.webp.c1f0b99088f53de60d3349e71f9c2844.webp Mallet

Ball: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Chrome Soft

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
  • How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
    • Been playing for over 30 years (😜) but just coming back into the game more seriously after a hiatus for the past 15 years where it was 1/2 rounds a year and range sessions when I felt like it.
    • Got my handicap back this year and currently off 9.6 (yea I know I am still getting over the shock and now dealing with the pressure of playing like a single figure player 🤪)
  • What do you love about golf?
    • Being outside, trying to become better than I was last time out.
  • What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
    • As a Gear Head, I love reading up new clubs and golf tech (If I hadn't spent all that money the previous time around, maybe I could have been able to afford that GC Quad 😁)
  • Where are you from? What is your home course?
    • From Glasgow, Scotland. 
    • My home course is Cawder Golf Club.
  • What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
    • The variety of courses, can get anything from Parkland to Links.
  • What do you do for a living?
    • Technical Business Analyst for an IT Consultancy.
  • How’d you pick your user name?
    • Its my name and the one that I always use 😁

WITB 2024 (Top half is likely to change)

Driver - 2022 Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* with Mitsubishi Tensi AV 65S

Fairway - 2022 Cobra LTDx LS 16* with Mitsubishi Tensi AV 75S

Hybrid - 2024 Callaway Paradym AI Smoke 4 (21*) Hybrid with Accra FX Gen 3 300H M4

Irons - 2024 Srixon ZX5 MKII with Nippon Steel Tour Modus 120S

Wedges - 2024 Titleist SM10 Tour Chrome 56.10S and 60.08M with Nippon Steel Tour Modus 125S

Putter - L.A.B. Golf Link.1 (33", 69* Lie Angle)

Ball - Srixon ZStar Diamond

Edited by alexchung

WITB 2024

Woods - Cobra LTDx 10.5* Driver (Standard Setting with Mitsubishi Tensi 65g Stiff), Cobra LTDx 16.5* 3 Wood (Standard Setting with Mitsubishi Tensi 75g Stiff)

Hybrid - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke 4 21* Hybrid (Accra FX Gen 3 300H M4)

Irons - Srixon ZX5 MKII 5-GW (Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff, 1* Weak Loft, Flat)

Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM10 Tour Chrome 56.10S,  60.08M (Nippon Modus Tour 125 Stiff, 1.5* Flat)

Putter - L.A.B Golf Link 1 (33", 69* lie)

Ball - Srixon Z Star Diamond

1. I’ve been playing golf for about 15 years. Been playing more regularly the last 5 years and much more regularly the last 6 to 8 months. Usually shoot around 80 - 88

2. Golf is truly one of the hardest sports on the planet, so many different types of people play and you can have a round with just about anyone. I love the challenge.

3. Received an email to signup for the Takomo DUI and fairway woods tester. Did that and found this community so thought I would dive in.

4. I’m in Bunbury, Western Australia. Home course Sanctuary golf resort 

5. Not many negatives, heaps of courses close by, not too cost prohibitive and can play all year round. Maybe slight negative is we tend get quite a lot of rain in winter

6. I have my own mortgage broking firm

7. Play on my name.

Byron A.

trying to get to single figures in the next 12 months

Ping G400 Max Driver, Cleveland Launcher XL 5 wood, TM Aeroburner 5H to PW, 52, 56, 60 assorted wedges 

Hello Everyone ⚡

Glad to be part of the community! 

Started in 2019, just before COVID, so ideally playing for 2 years.

I mostly hate it, except after I flush one and then I don't remember anything I loved more than the feeling of that 😄

But on a serious note, Golf brought my father and me closer, helped me find great friends and 

I consume a lot of golf content daily, and came across MGS on instagram. I am the first of my golf friends in the forum.

I am from Singapore, I play mostly at Marina Bay Golf Course

Golf is serious business in Singapore. There is literally a mall with all things Golf in the red dot. You are also only 2 hours away from flying into a different country to play a round without breaking bank.

Golf is expensive in Singapore, public courses are shutting down making way for public housing. Weather could be better.

I am into manufacturing of semiconductors chip. 

Its my name

Golf Nerd⛳ WITB - Stealth2 1w, 915f2 5w, Srixon 24deg DI, M2 6i-PW, Vokey 54,56deg

Posted (edited)

Hello all,

New to participating in the forum. I'm mid-50s and have been getting obsessed with this game in the last few years as other sports are too hard on my body and my kids' have got old enough to not need so much supervision (and now they play too!).

I play in Toronto, Ontario, usually 9 holes or a twighlight round on a short course - twice or sometimes 3 times a week. 

I have spent the last few years in the used club market, and have done a bit of club building (i.e. buying heads and shafts separately) and have curated a bag that works for me (I'm not currently yearning for anything better at present):

Ping G425 Max Driver

Ping G410 3-wood

Cleveland Halo XL 7-wood

Srixon Z585 irons 5-GW (Graphite shafts)

Mizuno 54 and 59 wedges

PXG Operator 2 Putter

(yes only 13 clubs)

This season, I'm getting a handicap for the first time, and the Golf Canada platform has just put me at 12.7, even though I've only logged 7 rounds (and some of them were pretty bad, so I'm not sure how that calculation works beyond best 8 or 20). Anyway, now I have registered as possessing a handicap, I'm a bit obsessed with it and I'm wondering if that is a healthy thing...

Just added some photos from my Saturday morning 9 with my son. This is Don Valley Golf Course in Toronto. The (very) busy Highway 401 passes over the course but it's a beautiful spot with the river winding through it.

IMG_6328.png

IMG_6330.png

Edited by Mark Robert
Adding photos (and some context)

Ping G425 Max Driver 

Ping G410 3-wood

Cleveland Halo XL 7-wood

Srixon Z585 (graphite shafts) 5-GW

Mizuno T20 54 degree (blue ion)

Mizuno T22 59 degree wedge (denim copper)

PXG Operator 2 mallet putter

5 minutes ago, Mark Robert said:

Hello all,

New to participating in the forum. I'm mid-50s and have been getting obsessed with this game in the last few years as other sports are too hard on my body and my kids' have got old enough to not need so much supervision (and now they play too!).

I play in Toronto, Ontario, usually 9 holes or a twighlight round on a short course - twice or sometimes 3 times a week. 

I have spent the last few years in the used club market, and have done a bit of club building (i.e. buying heads and shafts separately) and have curated a bag that works for me (I'm not currently yearning for anything better at present):

Ping G425 Max Driver

Ping G410 3-wood

Cleveland Halo XL 7-wood

Mizuno 54 and 59 wedges

PXG Operator 2 Putter

(yes only 13 clubs)

This season, I'm getting a handicap for the first time, and the Golf Canada platform has just put me at 12.7, even though I've only logged 7 rounds (and some of them were pretty bad, so I'm not sure how that caluculation works beyond best 8 or 20). Anyway, now I have registered as possessing a handicap, I'm a bit obsessed with it and I'm wondering if that is a healthy thing...

Welcome

Welcome aboard to all of you outside the US!

Make sure you post pics of some of your courses in the related topics!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Welcome to the Forum to all our new international members! I hope you enjoy the experience and the great community provided us by the MGS staff!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

On 4/22/2024 at 2:11 PM, MrDaveKerr said:

Hello, I’m Dave from Edinburgh. 👌

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I’ve been playing for around 25 years and am currently a 6 handicap.

Spending time with friends.

I’ve been hanging around on the sidelines for quite a while and decided it was finally time to dive in!

I’m from Edinburgh, Scotland. My home club is Archerfield but I’m also a member of Cruden Bay, Princes and The St Andrews Golf Club.

We’re very lucky to have some of the best golf courses in the world on our doorstep but golf here is becoming increasingly expensive.

I worked in finance for a long time but currently I work in golf travel.

It’s the same - unimaginative! - one I use for everything!

That’s a great intro, welcome to MGS Forum.

You have an interesting WITB.  How do you like the Autoflex shaft?  I am new to Autoflex and so I am curious about how it works for you.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3  9.0  Autoflex 405x (MGS Tester ‘24) / GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  5 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current MCC Plus 4 Sensor / Club Sensor User

Hi everyone! Nice to be part of this community👍

I'm a French player living in the south of France, near Toulouse. Have been playing golf since very young, around 35y ago now 😅 unfortunately never been able to practice intensively, so only 14hcp. I am a software architect with two young sons that I bring with me to the course. The younger one is 2yo and difficult to manage but the older one is really in to it and it's very nice to bring him with to play on the 9 hole near home. 

If sometimes so frustrating, I really love the difficulty of this sport and the commitment that is needed to score. I am still learning about club technology as I couldn't afford buying good golf clubs but I begin to have some interesting stuff in my bag. Really love my vokey sm7 iwedges (52 and 58) and my iron set from Inesis ( French brand) that is performing very well. Got a Mallet putter from Inazone which helped me much to gain confidence on the greens but would love to swith for a better one like an odyssey 2 ball. I am currently working on my driver, Mizuno ST 200 head on which I am testing different shafts. It's currently equipped with a Mitsubishi Tensei 65 stiff after having switched from a diamana but I will soon receive a Fujikura atmos tour spec 6s Black that I hope will make a real difference. 

I am also owning a Garmin s42 watch (+3 Ct10) and a Garmin R10 radar that help me put some numbers on my golf performance. The latter is really interesting to practice at home in a net or to just have fun playing on simulated golf course. Still mainly using it at the practice to understand what I am doing good (and wrong). Will be very useful if having the chance to be chosen as a tester 😉 I am also playing golf with a very good friend of mine that is a professional photograph. Here is a sample of his working featuring myself during a fitting at our local golf store (called US golf 😁

Last words, I am also fond of woodworking and working on several ideas for golf furniture. Nothing finished yet that can be shown but I will share some pictures as soon as possible 😅

3 hours ago, MND said:

Hi everyone! Nice to be part of this community👍

I'm a French player living in the south of France, near Toulouse. Have been playing golf since very young, around 35y ago now 😅 unfortunately never been able to practice intensively, so only 14hcp. I am a software architect with two young sons that I bring with me to the course. The younger one is 2yo and difficult to manage but the older one is really in to it and it's very nice to bring him with to play on the 9 hole near home. 

If sometimes so frustrating, I really love the difficulty of this sport and the commitment that is needed to score. I am still learning about club technology as I couldn't afford buying good golf clubs but I begin to have some interesting stuff in my bag. Really love my vokey sm7 iwedges (52 and 58) and my iron set from Inesis ( French brand) that is performing very well. Got a Mallet putter from Inazone which helped me much to gain confidence on the greens but would love to swith for a better one like an odyssey 2 ball. I am currently working on my driver, Mizuno ST 200 head on which I am testing different shafts. It's currently equipped with a Mitsubishi Tensei 65 stiff after having switched from a diamana but I will soon receive a Fujikura atmos tour spec 6s Black that I hope will make a real difference. 

I am also owning a Garmin s42 watch (+3 Ct10) and a Garmin R10 radar that help me put some numbers on my golf performance. The latter is really interesting to practice at home in a net or to just have fun playing on simulated golf course. Still mainly using it at the practice to understand what I am doing good (and wrong). Will be very useful if having the chance to be chosen as a tester 😉 I am also playing golf with a very good friend of mine that is a professional photograph. Here is a sample of his working featuring myself during a fitting at our local golf store (called US golf 😁

Last words, I am also fond of woodworking and working on several ideas for golf furniture. Nothing finished yet that can be shown but I will share some pictures as soon as possible 😅

Welcome, you’ll find it friendly and knowledgeable here

Welcome MND! I also enjoy woodworking. 😃

WITB 2024

DRIVER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png AEROJET 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png ROGUE ST MAX 3/15°
HYBRID Pinglogo.png.11947cc88c8641d62e0a99c26da08b18.png G410 21°  |  UTILITY Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 U 5/23°
IRONS Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 6-PW
WEDGES Clevelandgolflogo.png.9b2e702587cd5230010a835ced0f97a0.png CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58°
PUTTER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png KING GRANDSPORT 35

BALL WilsonStafflogo.png.d0d70a74fad1e8f9c4d9f0581e24d31e.pngMODEL | Vicelogo.png.ac8ca0040252d91a9cdaef9d94e6284b.png PRO WHITE/BLUE ICE
BAG Sunmountainlogo.png.2555e0c0e8e49c09ea72c6df224aa0f2.png 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART Roviclogo.png.ebc800ac4238271b0253c238793522de.png RV1S

2024 Fit For Golf Training App Review

On 5/10/2024 at 6:14 AM, Mark Robert said:

Hello all,

Ping G425 Max Driver

Ping G410 3-wood

Cleveland Halo XL 7-wood

Mizuno 54 and 59 wedges

PXG Operator 2 Putter

(yes only 13 clubs)

This season, I'm getting a handicap for the first time, and the Golf Canada platform has just put me at 12.7, even though I've only logged 7 rounds (and some of them were pretty bad, so I'm not sure how that calculation works beyond best 8 or 20). Anyway, now I have registered as possessing a handicap, I'm a bit obsessed with it and I'm wondering if that is a healthy thing...

Welcome. Interested to know the gap between your 5i and 7W. I hit them about the same. 

Callaway Rogue ST Max Woods/Hybrids/Irons, Clevelend Zipcore Wedges, Scotty Cameron Golo 6.5 Putter, Bagboy Nitron Cart, Bagboy Revolver Bag, Ecco Biom G5 shoes, 

Hi, good question. Actually not much difference in distance. I only use the 5 if I’m punching or trying to hit a lower flight. The 5i rarely gets used.

Ping G425 Max Driver 

Ping G410 3-wood

Cleveland Halo XL 7-wood

Srixon Z585 (graphite shafts) 5-GW

Mizuno T20 54 degree (blue ion)

Mizuno T22 59 degree wedge (denim copper)

PXG Operator 2 mallet putter

Hey All,

Still relatively new to this game, a buddy dragged me out during COVID and got me hooked. At 37 and of British heritage it's a shame it took me 37 years to even just try the game. I'm from Southwestern Ontario, where it can be warmer than parts of the West and Mid-west of the USA most of the year. The golf season here is from March to November, the rest of the time we try to keep in game "shape" indoors on a simulator.

My setup
Bag - Sun Mountain C-130 2022 model
Push Cart - Clic Gear 4.0
Range Finder - Mileseey
Tech - Garmin G42 watch
Glove - Kirkland Signature
Driver - Cobra SpeedZone set at 10.5° with a Hzrdus Smoke iM10 60g, Reg Flex
3w - Cobra SpeedZone set at 13° with a Hzrdus Black 70g, Reg Flex
5w - Cobra SpeedZone set 17° with a Hzrdus Black 70g, Reg Flex, Reg Flex
3H - Cobra King Tec set at 20.5° with a Project X Evenflow Black Hand Crafted 85g, Reg Flex
Irons - Callaway Steelhead XR, True Temper XP 105 steel shaft, Reg Flex, have 5-PW in the bag, strong lofts so plays more like a 4-9.
Wedges - Vokey SM8 in 48°, 52°, 56° and 60°
Putter - Odyssey Jailbird Ai One Cruiser
Ball - searching still, have tried many. No shame in buying Kirkland or Srixon soft feels when on sale but recently been finding and gaming Srixon Z-stars and Taylormade TP5, finding good deals on new boxes but last year's model/boxes.

Other clubs I have, occasionally pop in the bag
Driver - PXG 0211 in 10.5° with a Project X Evenflow Riptide Blue, 55g counter balance shaft
Kirkland putter
Adam's Mission C-Groove
Odyssey O-works Jailbird mini
Odyssey Two Ball OG
Odyssey Versa Double Wide

New irons soon, hopefully. Current handicap is 14 and dropping. 5e6634948bb9389e43b03b20548ec820.jpg58183795fdbad9e6c5b34b426e01f077.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Grip it, Rip it, Find it, Hit it again!

5 hours ago, MrCrowley said:

Hey All,

Still relatively new to this game, a buddy dragged me out during COVID and got me hooked. At 37 and of British heritage it's a shame it took me 37 years to even just try the game. I'm from Southwestern Ontario, where it can be warmer than parts of the West and Mid-west of the USA most of the year. The golf season here is from March to November, the rest of the time we try to keep in game "shape" indoors on a simulator.

My setup
Bag - Sun Mountain C-130 2022 model
Push Cart - Clic Gear 4.0
Range Finder - Mileseey
Tech - Garmin G42 watch
Glove - Kirkland Signature
Driver - Cobra SpeedZone set at 10.5° with a Hzrdus Smoke iM10 60g, Reg Flex
3w - Cobra SpeedZone set at 13° with a Hzrdus Black 70g, Reg Flex
5w - Cobra SpeedZone set 17° with a Hzrdus Black 70g, Reg Flex, Reg Flex
3H - Cobra King Tec set at 20.5° with a Project X Evenflow Black Hand Crafted 85g, Reg Flex
Irons - Callaway Steelhead XR, True Temper XP 105 steel shaft, Reg Flex, have 5-PW in the bag, strong lofts so plays more like a 4-9.
Wedges - Vokey SM8 in 48°, 52°, 56° and 60°
Putter - Odyssey Jailbird Ai One Cruiser
Ball - searching still, have tried many. No shame in buying Kirkland or Srixon soft feels when on sale but recently been finding and gaming Srixon Z-stars and Taylormade TP5, finding good deals on new boxes but last year's model/boxes.

Other clubs I have, occasionally pop in the bag
Driver - PXG 0211 in 10.5° with a Project X Evenflow Riptide Blue, 55g counter balance shaft
Kirkland putter
Adam's Mission C-Groove
Odyssey O-works Jailbird mini
Odyssey Two Ball OG
Odyssey Versa Double Wide

New irons soon, hopefully. Current handicap is 14 and dropping. 5e6634948bb9389e43b03b20548ec820.jpg58183795fdbad9e6c5b34b426e01f077.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Nice headcover setup! Welcome to MGS!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

@MrCrowley welcome to the forum

Im gonna go out on a limb here and guess you’re a Star Wars fan, dunno what gave me that idea it just sort of came to me 🤣

50 minutes ago, Mat13s said:

Currently in Okinawa Japan. New player, still learning. Left handed with a Ping 425 max driver and a mix of low cost other clubs.

Welcome to the site!

• 2 weeks later...

Greeting from Hot and Sunny Dubai!! Hope the weather is more favourable where you are when compared to the brain melting temperatures here!

I began learning golf in August 2023 and have been playing since then. Never touched a club before that in my life. My handicap index currently sits at a 34.4 and my scores range from low 120s - high 130s. 

The addictive nature of the chase after perfection and yet never achieving it. It is the 2 great shots that keep me coming back and the addictive nature of this sport that moves me from despair to rage to jubilation followed by resignation that is so addictive. 

I have used the website for many reviews and I love the reviews that it has. Do not know anybody else yet. 

I am Indian but live in the United Arab Emirates. I do not have a home course but usually play Par 3 courses.

One of the best things about the region is the availability of courses for such a small location. There are a lot of clubs and courses available to play and it has varying price points too for different people. The worst thing though apart from the skin melting temperatures in the summer(reaches 50 deg. C in peak summer) is that golf here is a pretty expensive sport because green fees for courses here range from expensive to eye wateringly expensive(at least when compared to the median income). 

I work in a multinational company as a Facilities Manager. 

With a max driver distance of 200 yards and leaving every putt and chip shot short, I am the short hitter extraordinaire!

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-29 at 10.38.36 PM.jpeg

:ping-small: G 425 Max 10.5 degree

:wilson-small: SGI 5W, 5H

:ping-small: 4-5 iron

:wilson-small: SGI 6-9iron

:wilson-small: SGI PW, SW

Pinemeadow 60 degree

:wilson-small: SGI Putter

:wilson-small: F.L.I. Golf Balls

#LeftyGang

5 hours ago, shorthittingextraordinaire said:

Greeting from Hot and Sunny Dubai!! Hope the weather is more favourable where you are when compared to the brain melting temperatures here!

I began learning golf in August 2023 and have been playing since then. Never touched a club before that in my life. My handicap index currently sits at a 34.4 and my scores range from low 120s - high 130s. 

The addictive nature of the chase after perfection and yet never achieving it. It is the 2 great shots that keep me coming back and the addictive nature of this sport that moves me from despair to rage to jubilation followed by resignation that is so addictive. 

I have used the website for many reviews and I love the reviews that it has. Do not know anybody else yet. 

I am Indian but live in the United Arab Emirates. I do not have a home course but usually play Par 3 courses.

One of the best things about the region is the availability of courses for such a small location. There are a lot of clubs and courses available to play and it has varying price points too for different people. The worst thing though apart from the skin melting temperatures in the summer(reaches 50 deg. C in peak summer) is that golf here is a pretty expensive sport because green fees for courses here range from expensive to eye wateringly expensive(at least when compared to the median income). 

With a max driver distance of 200 yards and leaving every putt and chip shot short, I am the short hitter extraordinaire!

Welcome to mgs!!!!

8 hours ago, shorthittingextraordinaire said:

Welcome to MGS!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

Welcome 

Kia ora, from New Zealand.  I've been playing about 18 months. I started playing when my then 12 year old wanted to play.  We both play off 18 hc, he beats me most of the time, his putting is better than mine.

I was fitted for cleveland launcher irons and also xxio 4 hybrid and 5 wood, and a taylormade M4 driver. After about 3 months the xxio clubs just weren't working, lots of hooks. I had lessons with the club pro, my swing improved so those xxio clubs got the boot, along with the driver.  I'll write a story on that soon.

I enjoy the game, love the tech but hate the clothing.