Testers Wanted! T Squared Putters ×
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I have been playing since 1990.  At the time when I played 3/4 times a week and practiced daily I got down to about a 7/8 handicap.  Right now I would say that I am about a 12/13.  I could literally score anywhere now from a 77-90.

What do you love about golf?  I love almost everything about the game.  Especially meeting new people.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I am here for the reviews and stay for the comments.

Where are you from? What is your home course?  I am from St. John’s, NL Canada.  I don’t really have a home course.  It was for a time Admirals Green and then The Woods/Glendenning.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best thing about golf here is the diversity even within the city.  

What do you do for a living?  I work for the Department of Justice.

How’d you pick your user name?  Picked it from an old nickname that I had.  Used to be a good ball striker!

as for WITB;

Driver:  Callaway Mavrik SZ

3Wood:  Nike Covert Tour

5Wood:  Titleist 913

Irons: 4-P.W.  Mizuno MP-64’s

Wedges: Mizuno S23 50/54/58

Putter:  Odyssey Stroke Labs Double Wide

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Edited by StrikurJim

WIMyB

Nike Vapor Fly driver 

Nike Covert Tour 3Wood

Titleist 913 5Wood

Titleist 915 7Wood

Mizuno MP-64 4i-PW

Mizuno T-4 50 and 54 Wedges

Callaway Mack Daddy forged 58

Odyssey Stroke Labs Double Wide

Hi everyone, new member to the forums so here to introduce myself. 

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I’ve been playing golf for over 25 years, and have played professionally for the last eight years over here in the UK

What do you love about golf?

Enjoyment for me comes in many forms. On the competitive side, the competition, the strive for excellence, the perfectly struck towering long iron.

The social side, enjoying time with friends, unwinding in nature and of course the post round pint

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Looking to learn more about equipment. For a professional golfer my equipment knowledge is slack. I’ve always been a feel player, and when being fit I rely on that and seeing the ball flight. The numbers have always then backed up what I have felt but I’ve never got into the technical side of it

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I’m from Milton Keynes, England and I’m lucky to be a member at Woburn Golf Club

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

The best part is being able to play so many amazing and historic courses. The worst part is the winter.

WITB;

Callaway Epic Speed 9.5* 

Titleist TS3 15*
Ping Rapture 2I

Mizuno Pro 223 4-5

Mizuno Pro 221 6-PW

Titleist SM9 50*, 55*, 60*
Ping Anser TR

Callaway Epic Speed 10.5*
Titleist TS3 15*
Ping Rapture 2i

Mizuno Pro 223 4-5

Mizuno Pro 221 6-PW

Titleist SM9 50,55,60

Ping Anser TR

Been playing for about 6 years with focus. Played for about 13 years total. Before it was just about getting out doing something on the weekend. But now I'm pretty keen to learn to get better.

My current handicap is 15 (was 12.3 without a driver) might ditch it again haha.

I like golf because it everyone can play it.

I like the golf articles they put out. 

I'm from New Zealand, I don't have a home course but usually play Cambridge most often. 

There are plenty of cold courses but many are very pricey ton play. 

I currently work in Education maintained school networks. 

The nick name choose me! Haha had it since a young kid. 

Chasing the single digit 

Yah, new to the forum, member at GolfWRX and many others as well.

i’m a competetive senior player, who competed in different sports as youngster, but got on golf in my mid 20s. Later, since widowed by devorce got crazy over golf and play some 150 rounds a season. That may not sound a lot to people, who can play year round, but our season is seven months, give or take.

Really analytic and have a good eye for swing flaws, which has held me back in performance on the course. Lately, since aging is taking a toll, have had a slump for injuries, but now finally back strong again, stronger and more consistent than ever.

Shooting mid 70s and few sub par rounds a year. But could all of a sudden shoot high 80s as well.

Looking forward and aiming for zero handicap before turning 60. Big gosl is to play my agr before 70th birthday. Still can hit the ball far enough to par a 6500 yds course now and then. Touring the national seniors as an amateur and play occationally other comps as well.

I never could trust a hybrid behind my ball at address, so my bag is a set of irons and two fairway woods and a driver. Putter ofcourse. Two extra wedges.

In the bag:

Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 9° (+1 N) - Px HSRDS Smoke Yellow 76g Stiff

TaylorMade R9 T3 (+1.75°), TP 5W, OEM TP spec Stiff shafts

Nicklaus-Miura Commemorative irons 3-P, KBS C-Taper 125/S+

Cleveland RTX-3 wedges, 52°/mid bounce, 56°/mid bounce, KBS C-Taper 125/S+

Scotty Cameron STUDIO SELECT NEWPORT 2.7 swan neck, 34”

• Matador grip if available, now SuperStroke PistolGT 2.0, which I do not really prefer, but had to try. The 1.0 size would have been better, I guess.
  • All other clubs are gripped with MCC 4+ midsize grips, except for the extra wedges, which have the norm tapered grips., 

Srixon Z-Star XV in summer and comps, norm Z-Star in cold. And a variety of tour balls, on casual rounds, Tour B X, -ProV1x, ProV1…

Edited by Pete Player
Typing errors and added content.

If there is a risk, take it! AND RECOVER the best you can!

5 hours ago, Pete Player said:

Yah, new to the forum, member at GolfWRX and many others as well.

i’m a competetive senior player, who competed in different sports as youngster, but got on golf in my mid 20s. Later, since widowed by devorce got crazy over golf and play some 150 rounds a season. That may not sound a lot to people, who can play year round, but our season is seven months, give or take.

Really analytic and have a good eye for swing flaws, which has held me back in performance on the course. Lately, since aging is taking a toll, have had a slump for injuries, but now finally back strong again, stronger and more consistent than ever.

Shooting mid 70s and few sub par rounds a year. But could all of a sudden shoot high 80s as well.

Looking forward and aiming for zero handicap before turning 60. Big gosl is to play my agr before 70th birthday. Still can hit the ball far enough to par a 6500 yds course now and then. Touring the national seniors as an amateur and play occationally other comps as well.

I never could trust a hybrid behind my ball at address, so my bag is a set of irons and two fairway woods and a driver. Putter ofcourse. Two extra wedges.

In the bag:

Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 9° (+1 N) - Px HSRDS Smoke Yellow 76g Stiff

TaylorMade R9 T3 (+1.75°), TP 5W, OEM TP spec Stiff shafts

Nicklaus-Miura Commemorative irons 3-P, KBS C-Taper 125/S+

Cleveland RTX-3 wedges, 52°/mid bounce, 56°/mid bounce, KBS C-Taper 125/S+

Scotty Cameron STUDIO SELECT NEWPORT 2.7 swan neck, 34”

• Matador grip if available, now SuperStroke PistolGT 2.0, which I do not really prefer, but had to try. The 1.0 size would have been better, I guess.
  • All other clubs are gripped with MCC 4+ midsize grips, except for the extra wedges, which have the norm tapered grips., 

Srixon Z-Star XV in summer and comps, norm Z-Star in cold. And a variety of tour balls, on casual rounds, Tour B X, -ProV1x, ProV1…

Hello @Pete Player, nice to see your bio. Which national senior tournaments do you play? 

committed to performance excellence

Greetings from Spain. I have been following reviews from Mygolfspy for quite a while and studied hard the different ball reports (fantastic stuff). Great to say hi.

As for the questionnaire:

I have been playing golf for 27 years now. I did not play much for almost a decade, but 10 years ago I started to take it seriously again. I have broken 80 this year a couple of times and I scoring consistently in the low 80s. My handicap is currently 12.8 with the quite demanding World Handicap System, especially in Spain where normally only tournament scores count. 

Everything. Another obsessed person with the sport. But I think it is great how difficult it is, and how we are able to do incredible things with the right dedication. 

Sound information and the possibility to learn from other testers. I am an equipment geek and I love to learn new things. 

I live in Valencia Spain. Currently playing in Escorpion, but have been playing El Saler (great championship course) for many years. 

Play 12 months a year, 10 of them in a magnificent weather. The other 2, also fantastic if you can stand some heat. The worse is there are less equipment options, especially if you are into clubmaking (which I am). 

What do you do for a living?

I'm a hydraulic engineer working as a university professor. 

How’d you pick your user name?

I thought it was fun to have a user name that would tell other users where I'm from... and the short game is definitely one of my strengths. 

WITB

Srixon ZX5 - ZX7 combo - UST Recoil 760ES SW F3

Cleveland ZipCore wedges - 50-54-58 - UST Recoil 760ES SW F3

Ping G425 Driver - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Orange 55 (1" shorter)

Ping G425 Fairways (3-5) and Hybrid (4) - Alta CB 65 Slate

TaylorMade Spider X Hydroblast - 8.5g weights

Edited by SpanishHands
Update

Stop thinking, let things happen, and be the ball.

Nice to see many new international members joining!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Hello from Calgary, Canada!

I have been playing golf for ~20 years now. Before kids I used to play 30 rounds/year. After kids I went down to 1-2 rounds/year. Now that they are older I started to pick it up again last year and golfed about 15 rounds. If I score under 85 I'm happy! Broke 80 a few times this year... hope many more to come!

"Perfection is the enemy of good enough" is what comes to mind... and all of us ignore it since we all chase perfection! LOL.

The best thing is the shared camaraderie when playing. I enjoy meeting new people but is best enjoyed with buddies and beers. 

Love data backed testing!

I live in Calgary, Canada. No home course - just play random ones that my golf group books.

Best - Golfing in the Rocky Mountains... which I'd take over the palm tree-lined course any day.

Worst - Only 5 months of golf a year.

Engineer

I'm in the minority - but seriously love minivans... the perfect vehicle when playing Uber driver for the kids activities.

WITB

Driver - Titleist 910D3 (Demo club from 12 years ago)

Fairway Wood - Some random Ram I found in the garage... a terrible club honestly

Irons - Mizuno MP59 (3-PW... love these)

Wedges - Kirkland (Didn't even know I needed wedges until last year)

Putter - L.A.B Mezz1 (Father's Day gift!)

MiniVanDad

16 hours ago, minivandad said:

Hello from Calgary, Canada!

I have been playing golf for ~20 years now. Before kids I used to play 30 rounds/year. After kids I went down to 1-2 rounds/year. Now that they are older I started to pick it up again last year and golfed about 15 rounds. If I score under 85 I'm happy! Broke 80 a few times this year... hope many more to come!

"Perfection is the enemy of good enough" is what comes to mind... and all of us ignore it since we all chase perfection! LOL.

The best thing is the shared camaraderie when playing. I enjoy meeting new people but is best enjoyed with buddies and beers. 

Love data backed testing!

I live in Calgary, Canada. No home course - just play random ones that my golf group books.

Best - Golfing in the Rocky Mountains... which I'd take over the palm tree-lined course any day.

Worst - Only 5 months of golf a year.

Engineer

I'm in the minority - but seriously love minivans... the perfect vehicle when playing Uber driver for the kids activities.

WITB

Driver - Titleist 910D3 (Demo club from 12 years ago)

Fairway Wood - Some random Ram I found in the garage... a terrible club honestly

Irons - Mizuno MP59 (3-PW... love these)

Wedges - Kirkland (Didn't even know I needed wedges until last year)

Putter - L.A.B Mezz1 (Father's Day gift!)

What a fantastic father's day gift!!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Home course: Maccauvlei, South Africa. Been playing for 30+ years. Current HCi=9.5

Driver Taylor Made M4 Stiff 9.5

3W Cleveland Launcher Turbo Stiff 15

5W Cleveland Launcher Turbo Stiff 18

3-PW Callaway Apex Forged Pro '16 Project X 5.5 (Uniflex)

GW Titleist Vokey SM8 50

SW Cleveland 588 56

Putter Odyssey #9 

Ball: TM Soft response

Edited by Boardshort Golfer

Boardshort Golfer,

Its only a game, until it isn't

How long have you been playing golf?

I have been playing golf seriously* for a about 3 years. Before that, I had a set that I would just pick up when it was time to go out and drink on the course.  

What’s your handicap or normal score?

According to Garmin; my handicap hovers around 12-13 right now, finishing the season off around 10 is my goal. 

Golf is the most challenging thing I’ve ever done in my life. The obsession with perfection I guess keeps me going back, one day, maybe I’ll hit everything perfect and have a bogey free round. Golfing with the boys also, good friends became great friends cause of GOLF. 

MyGolfSpy, love their reviews, I trust their reviews and figured why no come partake in the forums. 

I am from The Pas, Manitoba. Home course is a nice little 9 hole course called Halcrow Lake Golf & Country Club. 

Lack of 18 hole golf courses, just cause we are so far north. 

Boring Accountant. 

my last name is Tobacco, so T0BACKY is just another username I use online. 

Greetings from Sunny South Africa

First “golf club” was a stick with some electrical tape for a grip and a tennis ball around 6/7.  Eventually got on a golf course about 8 years later.  Played a couple of times a year for many years with long gaps in between and only become a regular player in the last 2 years. 12.2 HI and generally shoot mid 85-95

Being outdoors with mates and enjoying the challenge of golf.

A couple of gear reviews via google and then got interested in the rest of the forum

Johannesburg, South Africa. Randpark

Best – All year golfing on great courses

Worst – cost and range of gear

Business consulting

Username from many years ago which just stuck with friends and colleagues.

WITB

Driver – Cobra LTDx

Fairway Wood – Cobra F9

Hybrid – Taylormade Burner Rescue

Irons - Mizuno MP20 (4-PW)

Wedges – Cleveland and Mizuno

Putter – Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 2

Driver – Cobra LTDx

Fairway Wood – Cobra F9

Hybrid – Taylormade Burner Rescue

Irons - Mizuno MP20 (4-PW)

Wedges – Cleveland and Mizuno

Putter – Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 2

Hello from Cape Town South Africa,

I am a very enthusiastic watcher and player of this lovely and sometimes very frustrating game called golf!

I grew up watching Gary Player, Jack Nicklaus, Lee Trevino, Arnold Palmer and they inspired me to play, even at school age, playing a bit, and then came the TW era, Ernie Els, Retief Goosen and Charl and Louis.

In those days I had like 4 x clubs in the bag, drooled over my uncle who just got a new set of driver and fairway woods and made him promise he'll give them to me when he doesn't want them anymore.. smh..

But that was just the beginning for me, my first real set was an incomplete set I bought at Game (Walmart type store), and I had many, many good and bad rounds with them, after that, I discovered our Pro Shop retail golf outlets in South Africa, I spent so much money there, they shoud've given me shares by now.

In the mean time I was playing on as many courses I could, the likes of Worcester, Pearl Valley, Boschenmeer, Erinvale, Mossel Bay, Steenberg, and many more, and was chasing that perfect round, which was always unattainable (we are really blessed with so many unbelievable courses in South Africa).

I love the interaction I have with the other players, the challenge, and sometimes let down,of making a birdie or even just trying to make par, but the feeling I got of being the 1st person to tee off in the mornings when the dew was still on the grass was just perfection for me. Unfortunately nowadays with a 2year old, it is really difficult to go out early and play a round, as he is very much a daddy's-boy, and too busy to take on the course, but he has already broken his plastic golf set, so maybe the bug will bite.. who knows..

My sister actually told me about MyGolfspy and I really like the reviews, I think it is good honest unbiased reviews of everything golf, so I got involved!

I live in Durbanville, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa, but play mainly at Bellville Golf Club (just around the corner for me), which I think is a great test for anyone, yet rewarding enough to make you come back again.

Not playing enough has taken my average score down quite a bit and nowadays I score in the early 90's sometimes a 92 sometimes a 94.. but always trying to make it fun and relaxing.

The best and worst things about golf is that my sis and I play sometimes, I have good mates who play as well, but not nearly enough for me. The cost to play is also a bit of a draw back, courses haven't caught on to the fact that they need to make it accessible to all.

I run our family business doing distribution, warehousing wholesaling and have a few retail stores.

My username is basically just like me.. no frills.

My set is in serious need of updating, but I am torn between cost and what I am comfortable playing with... so the reviews of the MyGolfspy community really helps!

Thank for reading, will see you soon on a course nearby!

Leon

MY WITB list

Bag: Adidas 7 way stand bag

Cart: :Clicgear: Model 3

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9°

FW: :wilson_staff_small: D9 Fairway 

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: Launcher

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D9 4 - SW

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore  52deg, 60deg

Putter: :taylormade-small: Kia Ma Daytona

Ball:  :taylormade-small:Soft Response,  :srixon-small: AD333, :callaway-small: Supersoft

Have been playing for about 35 years but once marriage and kids in competitive sports happened, the number of rounds dropped and handicap increased. Handicap is 17 and normally shoot from 85 to 95 and tend to have one or two "blow up" holes that don't help. 

Have come to realize that competitive games are long in the past and have become a weekend and or casual golfer. Biggest benefit is spending a few hours outside with buddies or sons and the score is now secondary to the socialization aspect.

I was recently introduced to MyGolfSpy and enjoy reading reviews and also posts from other spies. Not sure how many spies there are from my area but will likely meet some local spies in the future. 

Ottawa Ontario, do not get enough rounds in to justify a membership so lots of public and semi private with the occasional mooching off friends who are members at private clubs. 

Best thing is the number of courses and the variety ranging from Links style to more traditional parkland and also mountain courses with elevation changes. Worst thing is not being able to golf year round

Management Consultant

contraction of Canadian Golfer as being in technology, a long long time ago was on bulleting boards and/or forums that had limitation of number of characters one could use. 

WITB

in a effort to counter age vs. lost of distance moved away from fitted KZG to PXG. Other than the wedges, all are Gen 4 and include Driver, 17 and 25 degree hybrid, 5-w irons. PXG Sugar Daddy Wedges, 50,56 and 62 with a Cleveland HB soft 11 putter. Having a hockey background, while right handed play left handed. 

WITB - All PXG Gen 4 - driver 17&22 hybrid, 5-pw, 50,56&60 Sugar Daddy Wedges& Cleveland NB 11 putter  Right handed but play left. 

I played a lot of golf before we had children but now that they are a bit older I have been golfing again for 3 years.

Golf is a game I play against myself with friends. I enjoy the separation of competition and comradery.

I have been creeping the articles and thought I should get involved and not just watch from a distance.

I live in Didsbury Alberta Canada and most often play the Olds Golf Club practice course (5 par 3 holes) with my sons but try to get out on the main course whenever I can.

The best thing is all the rural courses and how affordable the rounds are. The worst thing is how fast some of the tee times are. you wind up triple-stacked on the first par 3...

I am a consultant in the IT field helping business owners strategically plan for the future in how they use technology and mitigate risk.

It's been my online handle for years and it's usually available in most services so I have not thought about changing it.

Driver - Cobra Aerojet LS, 3 Wood - TaylorMade SLDR, 3&5 Hybrid - Cobra King SZ, Irons 4-AW - TaylorMade Rocketbladez, Sand Wedge - TM Z Spin, Putter - TM Ghost Spider Si

Hello [mention=115080]Pete Player[/mention], nice to see your bio. Which national senior tournaments do you play? 

Finnish Senior Tour without any noticable success lately. Once got P2 on an event, before the injuries started. If a trip in Europe, i allways look for the Senior Golf Tour Europe events, if one would be close enough, where I’m staying.

Since then it has been basically rehab after a rehab not being able to swing the club properly missing some 50 - 70 meters off the tee till this spring, when I finally got to do proper off-season during winter and gained allmost back the max chs as in mid March scored 117 mph and 163 ball. When more optimal strike I can still carry it in the 260s mtrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If there is a risk, take it! AND RECOVER the best you can!

Hi I’m new here.

I played golf for 6 years in the mid 2000,s. Packed up and started again in November 2021. 
Currently 2.8 handicap and on a quest for scratch. In my short return to the game I joined our scratch team and we won our division this season.

I love the challenge of putting a decent score together, though mostly it will be disappointment 😂. Great meeting new people though the odd few have a  too negative outlook on things. My lowest score off the back tees in a comp was a -2 68 a month or so ago.

I live in Derbyshire UK

Work in construction 

Titleist TSR3 driver

Taylormade Sim 2 Max fairways 

Titleist TSR2 18 degree hybrid

Taylormade Sim2 Hybrids 4 and 5

Mizuno Pro225 irons, soon to be changed to Titleist T150,s/T200.

Smithworks wedges 48/52/58.

Odyssey Toulon Atlanta and L.A.B. Mezz Max on order.

I,m a relatively short hitter driver carries around 230 yards, 7 iron 150 

3 minutes ago, Jh71 said:

Hi I’m new here.

I played golf for 6 years in the mid 2000,s. Packed up and started again in November 2021. 
Currently 2.8 handicap and on a quest for scratch. In my short return to the game I joined our scratch team and we won our division this season.

I love the challenge of putting a decent score together, though mostly it will be disappointment 😂. Great meeting new people though the odd few have a  too negative outlook on things. My lowest score off the back tees in a comp was a -2 68 a month or so ago.

I live in Derbyshire UK

Work in construction 

Titleist TSR3 driver

Taylormade Sim 2 Max fairways 

Titleist TSR2 18 degree hybrid

Taylormade Sim2 Hybrids 4 and 5

Mizuno Pro225 irons, soon to be changed to Titleist T150,s/T200.

Smithworks wedges 48/52/58.

Odyssey Toulon Atlanta and L.A.B. Mezz Max on order.

I,m a relatively short hitter driver carries around 230 yards, 7 iron 150 

Welcome to MGS Forum!

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  5 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current MCC Plus 4 Sensor / Club Sensor User

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2023 at 8:08 AM, T0BACKY said:

I have been playing golf seriously* for a about 3 years. Before that, I had a set that I would just pick up when it was time to go out and drink on the course.  

What’s your handicap or normal score?

According to Garmin; my handicap hovers around 12-13 right now, finishing the season off around 10 is my goal. 

Golf is the most challenging thing I’ve ever done in my life. The obsession with perfection I guess keeps me going back, one day, maybe I’ll hit everything perfect and have a bogey free round. Golfing with the boys also, good friends became great friends cause of GOLF. 

MyGolfSpy, love their reviews, I trust their reviews and figured why no come partake in the forums. 

I am from The Pas, Manitoba. Home course is a nice little 9 hole course called Halcrow Lake Golf & Country Club. 

Lack of 18 hole golf courses, just cause we are so far north. 

Boring Accountant. 

my last name is Tobacco, so T0BACKY is just another username I use online. 

I played halcro last week for the 1st time - my parents have a cabin just north. I really liked the layout. 

P790s, Epic-LS,vokeys, LAB b2, ProV1s

handicap 11 

Hello everyone

I’m from Saskatoon,Canada 

I have been playing golf for 20 years but only really got serious about it in the last 4  

my current handicap is an 11  and I feel I’m on cusp of cracking into the mid single digits if I could only get my driver to straighten up - anyone else ? 

i am a long time lurker here, I have been enjoying all the content on mygolfspy especially the reviews of the golf balls and putters.I though it would be time to contribute and hopefully be a tester one day.  

my home course is Riverside Country Club here in Saskatoon

what I love about golf here is that there are so many small town golf courses that are in amazing shape and most of the time are not busy.  The worst is that our playing season is only from May to September 

my username comes from the fact I can’t get a positive attack angle on my driver.  So hopefully one day I can change my user name. 

WITB:

Driver: Calloway Epic LS 

woods: 3-5w cobra radspeeds 

hybrid: Ping G400

irons: 4-PW 2019 Taylormade P790s

wedges: 51,56,60 vokeys 

putter: LAB b2  or Ping Ug-le

handicap 11 

34 minutes ago, Negative Attack Angle said:

Hello everyone

I’m from Saskatoon,Canada 

I have been playing golf for 20 years but only really got serious about it in the last 4  

my current handicap is an 11  and I feel I’m on cusp of cracking into the mid single digits if I could only get my driver to straighten up - anyone else ? 

i am a long time lurker here, I have been enjoying all the content on mygolfspy especially the reviews of the golf balls and putters.I though it would be time to contribute and hopefully be a tester one day.  

my home course is Riverside Country Club here in Saskatoon

what I love about golf here is that there are so many small town golf courses that are in amazing shape and most of the time are not busy.  The worst is that our playing season is only from May to September 

my username comes from the fact I can’t get a positive attack angle on my driver.  So hopefully one day I can change my user name. 

WITB:

Driver: Calloway Epic LS 

woods: 3-5w cobra radspeeds 

hybrid: Ping G400

irons: 4-PW 2019 Taylormade P790s

wedges: 51,56,60 vokeys 

putter: LAB b2  or Ping Ug-le

It has probably been 20 years since I last played in Sask. Had family out there I went to visit when I was a lot younger and I remember playing a few awesome courses out there... pretty sure one had sand greens and I know one was right by the (a) lake. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

12 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

It has probably been 20 years since I last played in Sask. Had family out there I went to visit when I was a lot younger and I remember playing a few awesome courses out there... pretty sure one had sand greens and I know one was right by the (a) lake. 

That’s awesome! To me it’s the land of hidden gems. If you look hard enough I think you can still find a sand green course or 2. I hope you get the chance to play here again.  My friends and I are planning a Northern Sask golf trip for next year. Play waskesiu, Elk ridge, Cooke, and evergreen in Nipawin. All are top notch 

handicap 11 

8 minutes ago, Negative Attack Angle said:

That’s awesome! To me it’s the land of hidden gems. If you look hard enough I think you can still find a sand green course or 2. I hope you get the chance to play here again.  My friends and I are planning a Northern Sask golf trip for next year. Play waskesiu, Elk ridge, Cooke, and evergreen in Nipawin. All are top notch 

I dont think it will be anytime soon. I love in Europe now and have family on both coasts (BC and NS) so making my way to the middle of the country would be a trek. However never know! Maybe one day!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I dont think it will be anytime soon. I love in Europe now and have family on both coasts (BC and NS) so making my way to the middle of the country would be a trek. However never know! Maybe one day!

Haha yeah not a lot reasons to come to middle of the country. Both BC and NS are gorgeous in there own right with some impressive golf. I’ll try and post some SK golf photos on here when I can, you can get the experience that way. 

handicap 11 

Hi all,

I am from Munich, Germany, started playing Golf after a 15y break as my best friend that brought me into the game died and I just didn’t felt like playing; having his old Irons and bag and stuff. 

15 years later I thought I might give it a try again and since than I am hooked again and playing since 1,5 years again. Getting some lessons in and coming slowly back to get some of the good old energy in.

WITB:

Driver - Cobra LTDX LS peacock blue at 9° - Shaft: HZRDUS Smoke black handcrafted 6.5 85g

Fairway woods - Mizuno ST-Z 220 3W at 13° and 5W at 17° - Shaft: HZRDUS Smoke black RDX 6.0 70g

Irons - Mizuno MP225 3-G - Shaft: N.S Nippon Pro 105 Stiff

Wedge - Mizuno T-22 56° D-Grind - Shaft: Dynamic Gold S400 

Hit it straight 🙂

Kong

12 minutes ago, Pete Player said:

Intresting, that you have 70g driver shaft and just 105g irons.

would think a 59-65g driver would work better, if you hit them irons solid.

DRIVER 85 GRAMS

FAIRWAY  70grams 🤔

39 minutes ago, TheRealKimKong said:

WITB:

Driver - Cobra LTDX LS peacock blue at 9° - Shaft: HZRDUS Smoke black handcrafted 6.5 85g

Fairway woods - Mizuno ST-Z 220 3W at 13° and 5W at 17° - Shaft: HZRDUS Smoke black RDX 6.0 70g

Irons - Mizuno MP225 3-G - Shaft: N.S Nippon Pro 105 Stiff

Wedge - Mizuno T-22 56° D-Grind - Shaft: Dynamic Gold S400 

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

Hi,

indeed there is a kind of „miss match“ in the shaft weights - cool, that you go for that 🙂 and I love your feedback!

I got fitted into my new irons (played MX-23s form my friend until than) and the 115g or 125g options just did not feel well at this time. And bought the fairway woods on personal choice based on my feel and idea at that time.

Over the wintertime i was pushing my training and made some adjustments to my swing with the pro. Also got into training a bit golf swing related.

I learned that I just get to less accuracy with my driver and found out by trying out shafts that weight really helps me to find the middle (and things closer to the middle) much more often, so I started to go from 64,66,69,76 Gramms upwards. The 85g shaft was honestly hard to hit the first weeks from moving the weight, but it does the trick for me (played my first 275 drives and one +300m drive (total)- with some wind tbh). And i really got used to it.

While my Irons still feel really good with the 105g shaft. The Fairways start to feel very very wobbly - but I hit them too good, to just change them for good (5w is at 220m, 3w 240m) and while I based on my handicap still have some amount of bad shots, these woods go straight and high as they should

So: What would you think a proper weight for fairways and Irons would match my drivers feeling? Just to get a clue, maybe I get a chance to hit some matching shafts 🙂

Hit it straight 🙂

Kong