ncwoz

What do you do with all your balls?

Our Sponsors

1 hour ago, ncwoz said:

Amen to that. A buddy of mine seems to enjoy looking through the woods for balls more than actually golfing, and it is absolutely maddening

Also 80% of the rangers at my course.  Zero chance of them helping to find a ball while you're playing, but in the evening when it's not busy they are just walking up and down the rough and fescue looking for balls.

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Epic SZ w/ VA Composites Raijin 65 04

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :ping-small: 5i-UW G700 w/ X100 soft stepped once

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 & 58 CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I pick them all and even walk edges, creeks, and ponds looking. I play ones Ive never tried. pass some on to buddies that plat certain balls, give them to high school kids that cant afford balls, and just made a big bag for a coworker whose kid just playing and is losing a few each day. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

DRIVER: Titleist 905R S 10.5

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha XS

Irons- Titleist 716 AP1 S 1/2 over 2 degrees upright

Vokey SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Amen to that. A buddy of mine seems to enjoy looking through the woods for balls more than actually golfing, and it is absolutely maddening

I think I play with his brother. Whenever we approach a water hole he takes his ball retriever out and goes fishing.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

I misread the question and answered as to what I did with my older golf balls, not the ones I find .... So, to correct that -- I don't really look for them.  If I find one, I'll offer it to whoever I'm playing with if it's a decent ball or just leave it there for someone who might actually want it.  If it happens to be my brand ball and it appears in good shape, I'll hang on to it.  I have enough old balls lying around....don't need to collect more 🙂

• Like 1

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

All water balls stay in the water.  A decent quality ball that looks new I will give to my kids.  If they are off one day they each can lose 6+ balls per round.  If the balls are marked they get used for pitch shots into our backyard putting green.  I live on a ravine that can be a magnet for errant balls.

Driver - Callaway Rogue Draw

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Ping Glide 2.0 52-56-60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

... Like others, I never take a ball out of the water because I have no idea how long it has been there. If I am positive nobody could be playing a "lost" ball from another fairway, I will pick up balls in good shape but not those scuffed or cut. I have plenty of high index friends and my son has several of his friends that are basically beginners and they can always use free golf balls since they are gonna lose more than a few every round. That said if it is a discount brand that I am unaware of, a Nitro or similar ball I just leave it where it is. 

• Like 1

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Atmos TS Blue 6s
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 14.5* ... Atmos TS Blue 7s
Utility:   TaylorMade UDi 18*  ... HZRDUS Black 6.0 85 hy
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Kuro Kage 105 Tini s-flex
              4-pw TaylorMade P760 ... Recoil Prototype 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind /SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Recoil 110s
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5x

I never pick them up. I've filled too many ball pouches with balls I'll never use and weighed down by bag unnecessarily. I just leave them all now and play my ball that I know. Side note though: never take a ball out of the water. Golf balls are naturally hygroscopic which means that they absorb water from the environment around them. There's just too much science that shows that even balls that have just sat in water for a relatively short amount of time are significantly affected. My advice, if you're low on balls, don't care what you play, and find a clean one in the fairway or rough that looks like it was just lost that day, by all means take it if you're gonna use it. Leave all the others though. 

• Like 1

In the Bag:

Driver: :callaway-small: Callaway Rogue 9° (Project X Hazardous Yellow 76g 6.0 Stiff Flex)

3 Wood: :callaway-small: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15° (Stiff Flex)

Hybrid: :titelist-small: Titleist 816 H2 19° (Fujikura Motore Tour Spec Stiff Flex)

Irons: :ping-small: Ping i E1 4i-UW (Ping CFS Stiff Flex)

Wedges: :mizuno-small: Mizuno T7 54°/9°; :cleveland-small: Cleveland RTX 3 58°/8°

Putter: :odyssey-small: Odyssey O-Works Versa #7 (33", Super Stroke Pistol GT)

Ball: :srixon-small: Srixon Z-Star

Other: image.png.1a836b4c89a21e13ee937550f4016dae.png Shot Scope V2 

On 6/28/2019 at 10:24 AM, russtopherb said:

I drop found balls into a separate pocket of my bag and those end up in the garage for backyard practice. If it’s a newer ball in good condition I’ll give it a shot out on the course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty much my strategy as well, though this season I've been filling bags to give to other golfers at work. We have several people who lose a lot of balls in our two yearly work outings.

Previously, I played Top Flite D2+ Feels and had three brand new 15-packs in my basement. One pack is now in my shagging tube for pitching, chipping, bunker and putting practice. I suppose the other two will sit for a while. Pretty set on playing optic yellow MTB Blacks for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 11.0 (Last Updated Sept. 13, 2020)

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (9°, set to Draw), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
3W: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone (15°), -3/4" SHORT, Aldila Rogue Silver 70 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
17° Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, -1/2" SHORT, UST Recoil 480 ESX F4, Lamkin Sonar Connect
4-GW: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, 2° Flat, -1/2" SHORT, KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
54°, 58°: :cobra-small: Cobra KING MIM Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" SHORT (54°), -1/4" SHORT (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
Putter: :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Spider X, 33", Golf Pride Tour Only Red Star
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow / :srixon-small: Srixon Z-Star XV Tour Yellow
Tracked By: :Arccos: Cobra Connect powered by Arccos
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8

2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

1 minute ago, edingc said:

Pretty much my strategy as well, though this season I've been filling bags to give to other golfers at work. We have several people who lose a lot of balls in our two yearly work outings.

Previously, I played Top Flite D2+ Feels and had three brand new 15-packs in my basement. One pack is now in my shagging tube for pitching, chipping, bunker and putting practice. I suppose the other two will sit for a while. Pretty set on playing optic yellow MTB Blacks for the foreseeable future.

I've got a 15 pack of those in my closet too! They were a Christmas gift a few years ago. I doubt they'll ever get opened & played, but hey - it's the thought that counts. 

• Like 1

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

If I'm having a bad day and losing urethane balls, I'll play them.

Otherwise, give them to friends who don't care what ball they play.

I keep all my practice on the golf course, too lazy to collects balls 😄

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

On 6/28/2019 at 5:30 AM, ncwoz said:

All this talk of the MGS Hard Rock Challenge and the ball test recently has me thinking about the hardware...

I know I *should* be gaming one model, and probably one I'm fit for at that. But the cheapskate in me just can't pass up on a free wayward ball, looking for a home. Nor can I bring myself to just toss the 24 pack of two piecers I walked away from Christmas with.

So my question is this - what do you do with the random balls you might come across one way or another? Do you keep em all? Hit them into the woods? Do you have a threshold of quality that determines if it's a keeper or a leaver?

I have tub that I keep them in and use them for my practice net during the winter months. Granted, the way my current setup is, I really only need about 3 balls. I'm sure I'll eventually just give them away to my dad or someone else who hardly plays and doesn't care, but needs a stockpile of balls. The other option is #finditcutit

• Like 1

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Nike Vapor Pro Combo (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Pro S300
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura 6m 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

Since there are still days I suck really bad at golf, I only allow myself to lose 3 of whatever I am gaming before I switch to balls I have found - I keep urethane-covered balls in decent shape and chuck everything else further into the woods.

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester