Hybrid shaft similar in profile to PX Smoke Green??

Hello,

I was fitted into the PX Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.0 for my driver. I’m looking for same profile in a hybrid shaft. I’ve called True Temper, but apparently they are closed bc of the virus. Can anyone help point me towards a shaft? I’m thinking Hzrdus Smoke Black in 6.5, since the Green plays a flex stiffer than stated. I’m open to any brands/models, just want the same feel and flight of the Smoke Green. 

Thanks

1 hour ago, Golfcoast said:

Hello,

I was fitted into the PX Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.0 for my driver. I’m looking for same profile in a hybrid shaft. I’ve called True Temper, but apparently they are closed bc of the virus. Can anyone help point me towards a shaft? I’m thinking Hzrdus Smoke Black in 6.5, since the Green plays a flex stiffer than stated. I’m open to any brands/models, just want the same feel and flight of the Smoke Green. 

Thanks

The driver shafts for black and green are completely different profiles. In driver the black plays stiffer than stated flex as well and the smoke version was softened up a bit from the original hzrdus black to make it feels better. When the original hzrdus line was designed PX only focused on performance and ignored feel. With the smoke version they changed the materials to fix that and give the shaft some feel.

The hzrdus black or smoke black may work for you in a hybrid but like in driver it’s a different feel and design from the green.  Other options would be rogue black or rogue silver, maybe kurokage

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

The Smoke Green and Smoke Black are actually quite similar in profile. The Smoke green is stiffer in the butt and slightly stiffer in the tip.  Now, that being said, the TX version of the Smoke Green IS a completely different profile than the Smoke Black. This is the version they refer to as "the Hulk". 

My bag is a revolving door!

26 minutes ago, 03trdblack said:

The Smoke Green and Smoke Black are actually quite similar in profile. The Smoke green is stiffer in the butt and slightly stiffer in the tip.  Now, that being said, the TX version of the Smoke Green IS a completely different profile than the Smoke Black. This is the version they refer to as "the Hulk". 

If one is stiffer than the other at each end that means it’s a different profile and yes the Tx is a different beast into itself.

image.png.9a68ec115dc4a69b32d52faba9b07e47.png

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

I have 6.0 not the TX, so no worries there.

Thanks for that chart. That is really good info. I wonder if doing a 1/2” tip on Smoke Black hybrid if that would bring it close to Smoke Green tip stiffness profile?

I also wonder how much that softer butt section would impact my swing. I can’t tell from the chart how significant the butt stiffness  difference is.

1 hour ago, Golfcoast said:

What about these two?? Any charts compared to Smoke Black?

Fujikura Fuel 85X

Diamana D+ 82 X 

I don’t have any experience with the fuel. The diamana may be an option but it really boils down to what works for your swing with the hybrid you have.

I personally have had different shaft profiles in my driver, fw and hybrid. 

Just FYI for future searches on this topic. True Temper finally called me back. They said the original Hzrdus Black Hybrid would match up better to the Smoke Green than the Smoke Black Hybrid. They said the Smoke Black Hybrid launches higher and spins a bit more than the older Black version. Also to get 6.5 in Black and that would match the 6.0 Smoke Green. So I switched the order to the original Black. Also was recommended KBS Tour Graphite Proto hyb. That profile looks similar to the Smoke Green. Going to try that one too.

Edited by Golfcoast

I played 18 today. The KBS Graphite Hybrid Proto shaft is fantastic. Exactly what I was looking for. Mid boring trajectory. Strong flight. Feels really good. 85X is fine for me. It feels just like PX Smoke Green. I’m going to wait a while to even see if it’s necessary to try the Fuel or Hzrdus Black. Very happy with the KBS.

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

• 3 months later...