Sunnies, shades, sunglasses, whatever you call 'em... whatchu got?

GregGarner

6 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Do you have any more info on the veteran program that you can give us. 

Google the ID.me program there are TONS!!!!! of veteran discounts. Some are pretty cheesy and some are great , the big 3 in golf I have found are Callaway and Taylormade both 15% and my 1 order with TM had a mysterious extra discount added, I didnt argue lol. The winner is PXG on anything but his new Gen 6 stuff discounts are crazy good and judging by the Gen 5 stuff the Gen 6 stuff will come down quick. Adidas has 30% Oakley has as much as 45% and once registered with ID.me and them they send me emails on either veterans or memorial day that had big bucks on top of that, thats how I got the Oakleys for a little of nothing. Its much more than golf, travel, tickets to ball games and concerts sometimes, electronics etc. Getting registered with Id.me was a little bit of a pain, if I remember right I had to scan and upload my DD214 but dont quote me on that. Once registered your in. You just go to their site and and click the link to the company [example Oakley] and when you get there it gives the option to sign in with ID.me and boom your in. If I didnt explain something clearly send me a message and spread the word to Vet friends, these companies offered the discount and I damn sure earned mine.

6 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Do you have any more info on the veteran program that you can give us. 

Google the ID.me program there are TONS!!!!! of veteran discounts. Some are pretty cheesy and some are great , the big 3 in golf I have found are Callaway and Taylormade both 15% and my 1 order with TM had a mysterious extra discount added, I didnt argue lol. The winner is PXG on anything but his new Gen 6 stuff discounts are crazy good and judging by the Gen 5 stuff the Gen 6 stuff will come down quick. Adidas has 30% Oakley has as much as 45% and once registered with ID.me and them they send me emails on either veterans or memorial day that had big bucks on top of that, thats how I got the Oakleys for a little of nothing. Its much more than golf, travel, tickets to ball games and concerts sometimes, electronics etc. Getting registered with Id.me was a little bit of a pain, if I remember right I had to scan and upload my DD214 but dont quote me on that. Once registered your in. You just go to their site and and click the link to the company [example Oakley] and when you get there it gives the option to sign in with ID.me and boom your in. If I didnt explain something clearly send me a message and spread the word to Vet friends, these companies offered the discount and I damn sure earned mine.

Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

I am what one would call a sunglass hoe. I have 4 pairs of Oakley's, all Holbrook frames. I use two for golf though one is a Winter Release Prizm Sapphire Lens with 13% Tint and then another set with the Dark Golf Lenses with 22% Tint. I mostly use the Prizm Sapphire as my eyes are super sensitive to light and they are as dark as I could get. I wear them at all times on the course and have felt it has helped my putting to some extent.

Breakdown of WITB powered by logo.png

• Bag: IMG_0027.png.e6846f84153716d55d1dc74325faf77d.png Player IV DXR Pro
  • Driver: cobra-golf-logo-freelogovectors.net_.png AEROJET LS 9° -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662Tour Driven 60g Stiff
  • 3W: cobra-golf-logo-freelogovectors.net_.png AEROJET Max 15.5° -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662Tour Driven 70g Stiff
  • 3H: cobra-golf-logo-freelogovectors.net_.png KING Tec (2023) 19° -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662 Tour Hybrid Proto 85g Stiff
  • Irons: cobra-golf-logo-freelogovectors.net_.png KING Tour MiM (4-9) -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662 C-Taper Lite Stiff
  • Wedges: Titleist_golf_logo.png SM9 46°F & 50°F -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662 C-Taper Lite Stiff
  • Wedges: Titleist_golf_logo.png SM9 54°S & 58°M -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662 C-Taper Regular+
  • Putter: cobra-golf-logo-freelogovectors.net_.png 3D Supernova -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662 CT Tour Putter 120g
  • Ball: Titleist_golf_logo.png #23 ProV1x (2023)

14 minutes ago, JakeSmith2316 said:

I am what one would call a sunglass hoe. I have 4 pairs of Oakley's, all Holbrook frames. I use two for golf though one is a Winter Release Prizm Sapphire Lens with 13% Tint and then another set with the Dark Golf Lenses with 22% Tint. I mostly use the Prizm Sapphire as my eyes are super sensitive to light and they are as dark as I could get. I wear them at all times on the course and have felt it has helped my putting to some extent.

I still have a couple pair of Ray-bans from CT so there at least 12 years old.  After getting to FL got into Tifosi’s and have around 6-7 pairs and love that brand.  Had a nice pair stolen out of my golf cart, case and all couple months ago.  Kinda pissed but didn’t hide them good enough.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

• 7 months later...

I just have a pair of Rayban New Wayfarers with polarized lenses, and they work perfectly for me

Driver - :cobra-small: King SZ 1w 7.5° w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110MSI 60x

Woods - :cobra-small:King SZ Big Tour 3w 13.5° w/ Fujikura Pro 65, King SZ 5w 20° w/ Tensei CK White 70

Driving Iron - :cobra-small: King Utility 2i 16° w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 85

Irons - :callaway-small: Apex '24 Combo set - 4i Pro, 5i-8i CB, 9i-10i MB w/ KBS Tour V 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 52° - S 10° grind, 56° - C 8° grind, 60° - C 8° grind w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue 115

Putter(s) - :odyssey-small: :callaway-small: :scotty-small: :titleist-small: :ping-small:  :nike-small: :wilson-small: O-Works 2 Ball Black, Big Bertha Warbird, Special Select Squareback 2.0, Red X2, Bullseye Original Flange SC, Bullseye Standard Flange SC, OG Bronze Anser, Method Midnight 007, R.Mendralla 8802

Eagle Eyes wraparounds. I started with the ones that go over glasses, and loved them. Then had cataract surgery so don't need glasses for distance. But continue with the sunglasses alone. They work well for golf. Best, -Marv

9 hours ago, bocaf said:

Hello. I am looking at getting my sister and brother-in-law some good sunglasses for flying, and wanted peoples opinion on what would be a good choice. Price isn’t a big issue. I know that I don’t want get polorized lenses, but otherwise I am not really sure what to look for. Thanks!

Take a look at Scheyden for pilot glasses.

"Tempus Fugit"

image.png.bd059c22cb4050f8745b4220a721d428.png TSi2 9*, 15*, 21*, 24*H

image.jpeg.3f8d53cfb4a8695176ed565d8adc45f6.jpeg Pro 223, 6-GW

image.png.a363921e369c312272cc51d3cb30b903.png 54/10/S, 58/10/S (or 60/08/M)

image.png.31fa724e472f35ff773c6121993189d8.png Several in rotation: Phantom X5.5, '98 "oil can" classic NewportSpecial Select Squareback 2

image.jpeg

I purchased prescription sunglasses from REKS.  Purchased the sports rim and the recommended tint, weight and, etc.  The ball is easy to see, the surroundings are brighter and more detailed and my eyes are very relaxed.  I do not putt with the glasses on but they are such I can easily put them in my pocket.  Played two rounds with and I am very satisfied.

I have also used the REKS sunglasses. Have both the open and closed rims. Used their online ordering to get their recommended golf lenses and have added my prescription. I have used these for the past couple of years and I am really pleased. 

Just purchased the new Ping G430 HL (High Launch) line: Driver 3 & 5 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid. 6 - PW, 45, 50 and 4.0 Glide 56* SW. New Alta Quick 45 g shafts. 

• 2 weeks later...

All I wear is Oakley.  I got turned onto them in high school for baseball and wore them playing golf. 30+ years later I have well over 100 pairs and wear a lot of them.  I primarily wear the golf lenses but my favorite two pairs are the Duval sweeps that I crack out on occasion or my Radar Pace with the ear pieces that I use for practice.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

On 12/30/2022 at 9:38 PM, Golf2Much said:

I've been using Ray Ban Predators, with grey polarized progressive lenses for about 6 years.  They are my go-to sunglasses for golf and around town.  I like them as they are one of the most wrap around frames that will take my prescription.  The downside is they wrap around so much the temple tips can actually scratch the inside of the lenses when rattling in the case.  

I've never had an issue playing with progressive lenses.  

My last trip to the eye doctor late last year yielded the recommendation to go with single vision lenses for golf.  Since we tee off as soon as it gets light, I had to purchase a pair of regular single vision glasses and sunglasses.  I wasn't sure if the single vision would work, so I wanted to experiment without breaking the bank. 

For the regular glasses, I went with Hip Optical.  The online purchase was easy, included anti reflective, 100% UV blocking, anti-scratch, superhydrophobic coating with high index plastics lenses.  With a promotion, they were only $79.  For the sunglasses, I went with the REK Optical Sling Blade Trivex color boosting golf lenses.  They also included 100% UV blocking, anti-scratch and oleophobic coating with the rose amber color with silver mirror.  They are normally $300 and I got them for $178.50.    Picture below:

image.png.898e748fc4c8e8964bc961fe3b2daba7.png

The best part is that both manufacturing facilities are in South Florida, so I got my online orders quickly (about three days for the Hip Optical and about 6 days for the REK sun glasses). 

I've played with both glasses for almost a month.  Overall, I think the eye doctor was correct.  The ball stays in focus when I move my head up and down.  I didn't think it would make a difference, but it does.  The downside is that I have to look under the lenses to mark the scorecards.  It's a small price to pay.  

For about $260, I got both pair of glasses with an updated single vision prescription and it seems to work a little better for me.

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

I buy the cheapie fishing sunglasses from Walmart.

I refuse to purchase any brand owned by Esselsior/Luxotica if I can avoid it - hard to do when trying to get basic vision glasses. They are a conglomerate that owns over 25% of the global eyewear market and enforces excessive (1000%plus) markup. Plastic frames and molded 1mm thick plastic lenses are just NOT worth the cubic dollars that they charge.

• 2 months later...

I have been using the same pair of Oakley Golf Prizm glasses for 5 or so years. The frames aren't my favorite, but I got a great deal on the glasses and can't bring myself to spend the money to buy another pair. I don't have any complaints with the lenses, they provide a very clear picture and are a huge help on sunny days!

WITB:

Driver - :cobra-small: LTDx w/ Mitsubishi Chemicals Kuro Kage 70g Stiff Shaft

3 Wood - :cobra-small: LTDx w/ Mitsubishi Chemicals Tensei 75g Stiff Shaft

Hybrid - :cobra-small: King Tec 18* w/ Mitsubishi Chemicals HY 80g Stiff Shaft

Irons (PW-4 Iron) - :taylormade-small: P790 w/ Oban 115g X-Stiff Shafts

Wedges (50, 54, 58) - :vokey-small: SM9

Putter - :bettinardi-small: Studio Stock 28 Armlock w/ Super Stroke Grip

• 2 weeks later...

I’m a no shades, no hat kind of man. I do have a pair of Blenders I’ve played in, but I prefer no sunglasses. Mainly because I don’t want the tan lines haha

I'm an avid cyclist as well and wear Oakley Radar EV Path frames. I'll switch out with a darker golfing lens sometimes. They work great and provide a lot of wrap-around peripheral coverage. Spotting the ball i feel is a bit easier as well. 

WITB: 

Driver: Cobra Speedzone Extreme :cobra-small:

5W: Callaway Big Bertha B21 :callaway-small:

4H: Callaway Rogue ST :callaway-small:

5i-PW: Cobra Radspeed :cobra-small:

52°: Vokey BV52 :vokey-small:

56°: Cleveland CBX2 :cleveland-small:

Flat Stick: L.A.B Link 1 :L.A.B.:

I have to wear glasses or sunglasses on the course due to poor eyesight. I rock a prescription pair of Ray Ban Wayfarers.

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max D, 9.0 Degrees

Fairway Wood: Adams Speedline, 15 Degrees

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP-H5 2-Iron 18 Degrees

Irons: Cobra LTDx, 5-GW

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 (50, 54 bent to 55, 60)

Putter: LeanLock APA Model Blade/Yes Marilyn C-Groove

Currently Reviewing: Byrdie Golf Design

Past Reviews: Titleist White Box and Lean Lock Putter