Add another dimension to "Most Wanted Testing"

Our Sponsors

I doubt this would make it, but I am curious as to where things are made.  The MGS Ball Test and #finditcutit has piqued my interest there as to which companies are really outsourcing production (sometimes R&D, too). 

• Like 3

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:cobra-small: F9 TL, Atmos TS Blue 
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Yes I had mentioned this in my PING review that the CS was just awesome and would down the road alone get me to look at PING (nevermind they already have a good product). As @JohnSmalls said keeping business state side is big for me as well.

Dont really have anything else additional for review but those 2 are top of the list for me.

• Like 4

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke VS Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

OK, so how does CS get measured? I'm not asking to be smart, I'm asking because I'm not sure how that could be quantified properly. There's such a wide range of potential issues that could cause customer service to get engaged, and then a potentially wide range of responses. 

• Like 4

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

OK, so how does CS get measured? I'm not asking to be smart, I'm asking because I'm not sure how that could be quantified properly. There's such a wide range of potential issues that could cause customer service to get engaged, and then a potentially wide range of responses. 

Not sure how to structure the metrics, but it's not that novel of an idea. The auto industry has done it for years, as has the boating industry - both oriented to the quality of the product. Also companies today routinely ask you for surveys after contacting a customer service rep. So it wouldn't be that difficult and would further enhance the value proposition of MGS.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

3 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Not sure how to structure the metrics, but it's not that novel of an idea. The auto industry has done it for years, as has the boating industry - both oriented to the quality of the product. Also companies today routinely ask you for surveys after contacting a customer service rep. So it wouldn't be that difficult and would further enhance the value proposition of MGS.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Product failure percentage might be one way to look at it, but I highly doubt that would ever come to light.  Not sure many people would be interested other than competing products 

• Like 1

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:cobra-small: F9 TL, Atmos TS Blue 
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

9 hours ago, russtopherb said:

CS is right there with measuring the "feel" of a club or ball. 

Another factor which affects the type of CS you receive is the way you speak with CS rep. I have seen people talk to CS at stores acting like they owned the store. Act like an A-hole, get treated like a A-hole.

And yes, I have been an a-hole to CS reps on several occasions, sometimes their fault, others,,, mine.

• Like 2

DRIVER: default_cobra-small.jpg.125f3712aad21ad9f7ca2c672e34a299.jpg  Cobra F-8 set at 10.5,  Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60 (R) 44 1/2 "

3 & 5 WOOD: default_callaway-small.jpg.a58e7c6760b71a9eb95d385ecc5d2200.jpg Callaway XR-16, Fujikura Speeder Evolution 565 Red (R) 

IRONS 5-SW: default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-700, 2 upright, std loft  Alta CB (R) + 1/2"

HYBRID 3-4:  default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-410, 1 upright,  Alta CB 70 Red (R) + 1/2"

PUTTER: Byron Experimental GSS

1 hour ago, MadMex said:

Another factor which affects the type of CS you receive is the way you speak with CS rep. I have seen people talk to CS at stores acting like they owned the store. Act like an A-hole, get treated like a A-hole

The mirror effect! Love it

• Like 1

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg

Customer could make or break a product no matter how good the product is.

:ping-small: G400 MAX  Alta CB- 55

:cobra-small: FW 15* King F-7 :Fuji: PRO-65

:ping-small: G400 Hybrid Alta CB-70

PXG 0211 5-SW Mitsubishi MMT Graphite

:titelist-small: AP1 52* SW TT XP-95

:taylormade-small: MG 58* TT DG Wedge

:bettinardi-1: BB-41

Grips- GP MCC+4

If MGS wanted to add this aspect, the easiest way would probably be to check if the companies have NPS (net promoter scores) out there somewhere available. If that's not available, have the testers call the standard customer service number (not a specific rep who's been helping with the test) and ask a short, set series of questions on standard issues. At the end of it, the testers could rate the service (with something as simple as an NPS).

• Like 2

Driver: Honma TW747 460 VIZARD 50 S-flex
3 wood: GigaGolf TRX 15*  Grafalloy Pursuit M2T S-flex
Hybrids: GigaGolf TRX 18* and 22* UST HDX 70 S-flex
Irons: GigaGolf TRX PowerSlot 5-PW UST HDX 80 S-flex
Wedges: GigaGolf TRX 6.0 50*, 55*, 60* Dynamic Gold S-flex
Putter: Ray Cook M1 (2020) 34”

“Golf is a good walk enhanced”

7 minutes ago, Cory O said:

If MGS wanted to add this aspect, the easiest way would probably be to check if the companies have NPS (net promoter scores) out there somewhere available. If that's not available, have the testers call the standard customer service number (not a specific rep who's been helping with the test) and ask a short, set series of questions on standard issues. At the end of it, the testers could rate the service (with something as simple as an NPS).

I like this. Standardized questioning and a “give us your thoughts” type memo at the end

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke VS Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸