Our Sponsors

The issue I have with documentaries is that they very rarely tell both sides of the story. They have their own view of what is right, and what they want their viewer to "take from" watching their piece. Few ever present both and encourage you to think for yourself.

All I will say is that this is not a reflection on the way Earl raised Tiger. There's nothing in the dad manual that tells you to prepare your children for worldwide superstar athlete fame and how to handle women throwing themselves at you, legs first. The guy did 2 tours in Vietnam, in a time even worse than the current (in terms of racial inequality), and raised Tiger in a historically racist/prejudice sport and people are dumping on his name (RIP) because of an HBO documentary? That's just wild to me.

Tiger made some mistakes, and his family seems to have forgiven him for it, and that's all that really matters.

• Like 4

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 75S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1, 34.5", BGT Stability Tour, 71* lie angle, Press II 3* Grip

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and you never will, but that doesn’t mean it didn’t happen athletes of the 50s, 60s, and 70s enjoyed a free pass from the media. sportswriters traveled with teams, and there was an unspoken agree

Being considered a “hero” is a lot different than being considered the greatest of all time at his craft.    There were many amazing athletes that were absolute jerks or just bad people. That d

This thread was never meant to go in this direction. It was meant to have a discussion on the Documentary. Discuss the positives and negatives. Even the on and off satire. Create your own thread if yo

Posted Images

Watching the HBO documentary led me to read the book by Jeff Benedict and Armen Keteyian.  The documentary was largely based on this book.  Although, the documentary leaves out a tremendous amount of detail.  Absolutely shocked reading some of the garbage Earl got away with and manipulated people into.  And let's not forget 'Tida.  She was an absolute menace during Tiger's childhood.

If you haven't read the book, I couldn't recommend it more!

• Like 2
  • Love 1