Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Shot Scope Users Group

DarthGator007

Well I got my new X5 in and did all the setup which was very simple.  The putter tag doesn't work, if you do find tag it doesn't even show up.  Can't say a lot for Shot Scopes customer service though.   All I've got from them is an email letting me know they got the email.   So I guess if they don't give any assistance on the issue can someone point me in the right direction to get a new putter tag?

Did play my first round with it on Tuesday (07/18/23).  Worked pretty good was simple enough to use still wished the putter part would work.

Driver:  Ping G425 Max 10.5* -Shaft R flex

Fairway woods:  Ping G425 Max 3 & 5

Hybrid: Ping G30 2 17*  4 22*

Irons: Ping G15 Blue Dot Irons 4-9, Ping TFC-149 Graphite shafts

Wedges: Ping:  G15 W,U,S,L same shaft

Putter: Odyssey  Two Ball Blade

Ball: Callaway ERC

Other: Garmin Descent with Garmin Golf,  Garmin Approach Launch Monitor 

12 minutes ago, Firecop1 said:

Well I got my new X5 in and did all the setup which was very simple.  The putter tag doesn't work, if you do find tag it doesn't even show up.  Can't say a lot for Shot Scopes customer service though.   All I've got from them is an email letting me know they got the email.   So I guess if they don't give any assistance on the issue can someone point me in the right direction to get a new putter tag?

Did play my first round with it on Tuesday (07/18/23).  Worked pretty good was simple enough to use still wished the putter part would work.

hmmm - is it not reading putter tag at all? Also did you go into the settings menu to either 'show tag or tag read? https://x5support.shotscope.com/hc/en-us/articles/13570694794641-What-are-the-settings-on-my-Shot-Scope-X5-device-

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Did you test the tag using the tag test on the device?   Since it is new, I would wait for customer support to respond and switch to manual putting mode in the interim so you can capture putting data

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Yes I did tag read doesn't show it at all.  All of the rest are showing and working fine.

Edited by Firecop1

37 minutes ago, Firecop1 said:

Yes I did tag read doesn't show it at all.  All of the rest are showing and working fine.

Just out of curiosity, take the tag off the putter and see if the watch will read the tag.

As far as timing on Support's replies, you do realize they are in Scotland, so there is a significant time difference.

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: PXG 0211DC 5-GW w/ MMT 60 A Flex
Wedges: Kirkland 52°/56°/60° w/ True Temper Shafts
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet / Cobra King Nova / Toulon Portland
Ball:  Callaway ERC Soft / Snell MTB Black / Sugar Pure / Vice Pro

I'm going to wait to take it off it's glued on.   Sent them the message on Monday but maybe they're closed right now or something.  That was actually one of the only reasons I was looking at other options is most everywhere I've read there Customer Service is terrible from most all reviews, but I figured what's the odds of me needing customer service and I also figured it was just people complaining to complain.  I was really just trying to find the best place to get tags.  See original post.

17 minutes ago, Firecop1 said:

I'm going to wait to take it off it's glued on.   Sent them the message on Monday but maybe they're closed right now or something.  That was actually one of the only reasons I was looking at other options is most everywhere I've read there Customer Service is terrible from most all reviews, but I figured what's the odds of me needing customer service and I also figured it was just people complaining to complain.  I was really just trying to find the best place to get tags.  See original post.

I never had a problem with their customer support.   If you just want  to order tags, go to their site: https://shotscope.com/us/products/accessories/putter-tags/

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I saw that I was hoping to find some a little more reasonable,  but if not Ill probably just order an entire set from there thank you though.

1 hour ago, Firecop1 said:

I'm going to wait to take it off it's glued on. 

Since it is glued on, I assume you have a back weighted putter. I was wondering if the weight in the putter might be interfering with the reading of the tag. Testing the tag itself apart from the putter might save you from having to buy more. In the meantime, just use the Manual Mode. Many feel it is more accurate than Auto Mode anyway.

Prior to the X5 rollout and the problems associated with it, Shot Scope's customer service was almost universally praised for being among the best, no matter the business. The issues with the X5, some of which continue for some users, has really bogged them down and lengthened their response times. When they get back to you, I am willing to bet they offer to send you another putter tag for free.

I don't think it's back weighted, it's a SuperStroke wristlock,  but when I was screwing the tag in (Yes by hand lol).  The part that screws into the club twisted off the tag.  So I saw were if you were using a back weight to glue it on so that's what I did.  I used the manual mode the other day.  I'm kinda use to that because I was using Golfpad app to do basically the same thing as the shotscope does,  I just kept leaving my phone in the cart and when remember it when I was either at my ball or halfway there and would have to walk back to the cart or not log the stroke.  It's not really the end of the world if it doesn't work, but I was wanting to try it to see if I liked it.  

1 minute ago, Firecop1 said:

I just kept leaving my phone in the cart and when remember it when I was either at my ball or halfway there and would have to walk back to the cart or not log the stroke.  It's not really the end of the world if it doesn't work, but I was wanting to try it to see if I liked it.  

you don’t need your phone during the round; The shots are captured on the x5 device. 

That was when I was using "Golfpad app"

Update received a email from them little bit ago that apologized and advised they were sending me a new tag.

Update received a email from them little bit ago that apologized and advised they were sending me a new tag.

When you get it, test it before you put it on the putter, then, again, after. Just curious to see the results. Thanks!

2 hours ago, PhilM75072 said:

When you get it, test it before you put it on the putter, then, again, after. Just curious to see the results. Thanks!

Will do.

23 hours ago, Firecop1 said:

When reading reviews, I always take them with 'a grain of salt'.  Some people will complain about everything.  In the past I have used products that reviewers serioulsy bagged on the product, and yet I had no difficulties.  Now, as for shotscope,  I have a V3, which works perfectly, but when I did need customer support, they would get back to me in couple of days.

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

14 minutes ago, Paul Hedrick said:

When reading reviews, I always take them with 'a grain of salt'.  Some people will complain about everything.  In the past I have used products that reviewers serioulsy bagged on the product, and yet I had no difficulties.  Now, as for shotscope,  I have a V3, which works perfectly, but when I did need customer support, they would get back to me in couple of days.

Yes sir, I'm the same way on that and totally agree!  If a lot of people were measured by the scale they used on others the world would be a lot different place.  I'm already super excited by what I'm see and have only played one round with it.

On 7/20/2023 at 10:46 AM, Firecop1 said:

I saw that I was hoping to find some a little more reasonable,  but if not Ill probably just order an entire set from there thank you though.

First, welcome @Firecop1

I agree with @PhilM75072 that if you just send them an email, explaining your new P tag isn't functioning they'll likely (hopefully) send you a replacement ASAP. A set of putter tags from Shot Scope is $29.99 (no tax) - I just ordered a set for my counterweighted putter.

Yes, they are in Scotland so there is a lag between email communication. I will also echo Shot Scope's Customer Service has been exemplary any/all times I have contacted them - everything from getting a replacement watch band on a previous-gen watch to having a hole remapped  when it was modified by the course ( the remapping was done before the next weekend).

I hope you enjoy your X5. I toyed with Arccos the first parts of this season. They refuse to alter their subscription model for those of us that have winter. Their software/stats is nice but overkill for me. Also, I had too many experiences with missed/added shots - something I haven't experienced through 4 generations of Shot Scope products 👍

:callaway-small: Epic Flash

:cobra-small: King F8 3W

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Max 7W

:ping-small: G425 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50/54/58

:bettinardi-small: Inovai 6.0

:taylormade-small: Tour Response or :wilson_staff_small: Triad (both thanks to MGS testing) 

Had an interesting time with the X5 watch this weekend.  Seems the touchscreen is not a fan of rain drops.  I wound up with 37 putts on one hole because of it!!  😂

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

09a30a0a880a585c4cca5adf27c22aa2.jpg
Shot Scope is going directly at Arccos! This is very interesting, and I will see how well it works. Now, can we get the Ariel hole view on the watch now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 65

Ping G430 Max 3 Wood PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 75

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 75

Ping 3i iCrossover PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 85

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

Maxfli Tour & Wilson Triad White Golf Balls

47 minutes ago, nupezb said:

09a30a0a880a585c4cca5adf27c22aa2.jpg
Shot Scope is going directly at Arccos! This is very interesting, and I will see how well it works. Now, can we get the Ariel hole view on the watch now?

Where did you see that and how do you get it?

Where did you see that and how do you get it?

I first saw it on their Instagram page. It’s listed on their website now.

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 65

Ping G430 Max 3 Wood PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 75

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 75

Ping 3i iCrossover PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 85

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

Maxfli Tour & Wilson Triad White Golf Balls

On 7/21/2023 at 9:48 AM, Firecop1 said:

Yes sir, I'm the same way on that and totally agree!  If a lot of people were measured by the scale they used on others the world would be a lot different place.  I'm already super excited by what I'm see and have only played one round with it.

Wow  -. https://shotscope.com/us/products/shot-tracking/connex/

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Hi all, have used the SS V3 the past couple seasons and really enjoyed my experience so far. Freak accident but broke the watch and looking to replace, not sure if anyone was sitting on an used V3 watch they no longer need but I would be interested in buying. PM me if interested, hopefully I can come back and contribute when I have a working watch again haha.

UPDATE: Thanks to a very generous Spy, I will be back in business soon. Cannot say enough good things about this community!

Edited by Londo
Request Update

"Track your game by simply tapping the club tag against your phone (usually kept in a pocket) before each shot."

I tried Golf Pad with their NFC tags and this is how theirs worked, you had to tap your phone with the tag. With their app and using an iPhone, the phone kept dropping out of NFC mode and had to be pulled from the pocket and re-enabled. Hopefully, Shot Scope's version of the technology will work better for them. 

Personally, I don't want that much interaction on the course, I'll stick with my X5.

FYI the new Connex app + tags was reviewed in an MGS blog article by @barbajo ...
https://mygolfspy.com/news-opinion/shot-scope-connex-performance-tracking-system/

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

18 hours ago, PhilM75072 said:

"Track your game by simply tapping the club tag against your phone (usually kept in a pocket) before each shot."

I tried Golf Pad with their NFC tags and this is how theirs worked, you had to tap your phone with the tag. With their app and using an iPhone, the phone kept dropping out of NFC mode and had to be pulled from the pocket and re-enabled. Hopefully, Shot Scope's version of the technology will work better for them. 

Personally, I don't want that much interaction on the course, I'll stick with my X5.

I believe Apple has issues with NFC regardless, a lot of dropping out etc.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I just sent Shotscope an email about this but figured I ask the user group as well.  Today while playing Cimarron, one of our four on property courses, I had some really bogus yardages on several holes (like +/- 50 or more).  Double checked it was on the correct hole and it was.

When I got home, I opened the SS app on my phone, activated bluetooth on the watch (G3), and did the updates on the courses showing "update available" - which did include all 4 courses here.  I also double checked the physical address of the course in case there was another Cimarron somewhere (it was correct). There have been no layout changes tee to green on any of the courses... so why the need to update?  Is it adjusting satellite coordinates?

Also, each time I updated a course, it shut-off the watch bluetooth, requiring me to have to open settings and reactivate bluetooth.  Anyone else had this issue?  

Thanks

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

11 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

.....so why the need to update? 

Do you know or recall if distances to doglegs were shown prior to the course updates? I can't imagine that when they added that feature with the X5 that all 36,000+ courses had already been updated to include that data. That seems to be the only thing that may have changed on any of the courses I have subscribed to, all of which have needed updating at different times.

12 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I just sent Shotscope an email about this but figured I ask the user group as well.  Today while playing Cimarron, one of our four on property courses, I had some really bogus yardages on several holes (like +/- 50 or more).  Double checked it was on the correct hole and it was.

When I got home, I opened the SS app on my phone, activated bluetooth on the watch (G3), and did the updates on the courses showing "update available" - which did include all 4 courses here.  I also double checked the physical address of the course in case there was another Cimarron somewhere (it was correct). There have been no layout changes tee to green on any of the courses... so why the need to update?  Is it adjusting satellite coordinates?

Also, each time I updated a course, it shut-off the watch bluetooth, requiring me to have to open settings and reactivate bluetooth.  Anyone else had this issue?  

Thanks

Looks like 3 different issues:

"bogus yardages" sounds like a gps issue vs. course mapping. Can't help you with an answer.

"Course updates" are probably based off of changes requested that were sent to SS support. I've done this in two instances where one hole on our course was shown as a par4 on the V3 watch when it was really a par 3. Another where the course mapping was off. In both cases the yardages and greens were the same

"reactivate bluetooth"  a quirk easily solved by the standby fix - hard reboot of the watch. Their version of the PC fix of CTL-ALT-Del. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart