Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Nothing but problems with the Stewart Q-Follow

dlow206

22 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Good point, Bill. I had both my Datrek and Stewart bags around the recommended weight of 28-31 lbs. I also believe @Grasmere5 loads extra weights in his bag to help with steering and stability. 

True, if anyone with a Q follow reads the recent excellent MGS tester threads on the Q Follow, there are various comments as experienced by the testers and my own experience regarding balance from front to back and how it affects

1. steering both “default and  guided”,

2 the ‘tipping’ point 

All depends on the type of bag used, which way round it is seated on the trolley, overall weight of bag. My own setup as mentioned by @sirchunksalotand also contained in those tester threads includes 20 balls plus a 2 x 1.5 Kg hand weights in the front lower pocket. The balance etc is perfect.

Regarding all other comments re handles breaking, remotes not working - I am stunned 😳 plus one picture looks as though the handle has been ripped off, if it came away in the owners hand I’d  be all over Stewart Golf wanting answers!

Keen amateur 

Cobra King F9 driver

Callaway 3w & 5w

Taylormade M4 5-PW

Cleveland RTX mid grind 50, 58, 56, 60

Oddysey Versa Sabretooth putter (as used by Inbee Park)

Bushnell Pro X3 Rangefinder 

Thank you so much for the responses. I have a bag that i weighed so i know i am in the correct weight range. I have run tests with the remote clipped onto the back of my belt, the back pocket of my shorts and also clipped to my front pocket. The violent right left movements acted the same in all positions. Also, when i stand next to the unit and shut off the remote blue tooth the unit does multiple pirowhettes to the right very slowly🤷🏻

I took 3 videos and sent them in. I love the concept, took a long time researching and was really excited about the unit. And now i am considering returning it as am within the 30 day window. Hope they can resolve this as reviews are great but think i have a dud unit or remote with a weak signal? 

• 5 weeks later...

I've had the Q follow since March 2022 and I ha e not gone easy on it. Overall I love it EXCEPT the handle has broken twice in the same spot. The button you press to unfold on the neck where you attach the top strap to the handle. I haven't had any problems with anything else  

The handle can definitely be improved. From March to July I was using 5 days a week and so it took some abuse before it finally broke. The 3rd party servicers have been great with sending replacements. 

I think part of the problem is using a narrow cart bag that doesn't rest on the neck as well as a rounder golf bag. That might be overstressing it.

I just bought a Stewart staff pro bag so hopefully that will help. 

Somebody mentioned it doesn't brake on hills but it also doesn't gain any additional speed. Took me awhile of walking it down hills b/c I thought the cart would gain speed and I would lose control of it. 

Try it. Now I let go down hills unassisted and it's a gamechanger. I have one steep fairway that has maybe 5 feet of flat ground at the bottom of the hill before a creek. It also has a little bridge just wider than the Q and I already have the cart accross the bridge before I'm halfway down the hill myself!

I would try not to turn too often on down hill cart paths, rocks or parking lots just avoid extra wear on the tires. My tires are still goi g strong but I could see where that could eventually be a problem. Keep it in the grass when possible which also keeps it quieter and helps steering.

Also if you're going to pay this much for an awesome golf toy get fhe bigger battery. I leave my cart in my trunk and just bring the battery in to charge. With the bigger battery I can get through 36 holes and still have 23% left granted my home courae isn't super long. But during the week when playing 9 holes it's nice not having to worry about the battery. App is also great to easily check remaining charge. 

I thought there was nothing better or more enjoyable than a round of golf but there is...

Try a round with a Q!!!!

On 10/30/2022 at 3:48 PM, ShuAip said:

It happens more on the cart paths for me or if your bag is too light. Also make sure you aren't swinging the remote around too much. 

Edited by StewQ

On 10/30/2022 at 9:08 PM, ShuAip said:

Thank you so much for the responses. I have a bag that i weighed so i know i am in the correct weight range. I have run tests with the remote clipped onto the back of my belt, the back pocket of my shorts and also clipped to my front pocket. The violent right left movements acted the same in all positions. Also, when i stand next to the unit and shut off the remote blue tooth the unit does multiple pirowhettes to the right very slowly🤷🏻

I took 3 videos and sent them in. I love the concept, took a long time researching and was really excited about the unit. And now i am considering returning it as am within the 30 day window. Hope they can resolve this as reviews are great but think i have a dud unit or remote with a weak signal? 

That's never happened to me. Has to be a one off. I'm sure they will replace. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Seems to be very little in between with these. Very much a love em or hate em product.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I definitely noted it during testing that the handle is a weak spot. You really have to read the instructions because it cannot be handle at all to turn with all the wheels on the ground. You can pivot the back wheels lightly but the front wheels need to be elevated. It really can’t be used like a regular push cart

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

On 8/16/2022 at 2:08 PM, Nordic_Viking said:

Well, I have at least three golfing buddies with X9s and X10s that are super happy and have almost no problems at all. X10 and Q-follow are the same generation. My speculation is that the frame structure and balance is off on the Q causing it to be more unstable. But I needed the smaller footprint of the folded Q for transport reasons. Maybe I'll switch to a X10...

I'll keep you updated on what I find out when I finally get a proper reaction from Stewart.

Just a very late follow-upp.

I got a quick response from Stewart and their distributor and was put in contact with a repair shop. Had to drive an hour to it, though I live in the capital. Service rep upgraded the firware and changed the wheel axle that was bent (this was from the factory and I noticed it but didn't think it would have any effect)

After this the Stewart work as all my friends X9s and x10s, close to flawlessly. There are som minor hickups, but they are less frequent that once a round.

But, we also learned that some of the major hickups and really weired behaviour was caused by interference between the Stewarts. Long story short, never cross "the beam" of another players Stewart/remote. And if you are very close to each other, even if not in follow mode you can get erratic behaviour occasionally.

Bottom line, I would recommend the Stewart Q or X10, just pay attention the dos and don'ts. And keep your firware up to date. Unfortunatley it requires a visit to the repair shop.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2022 at 11:58 PM, Nordic_Viking said:

I have severe problem with mine as well. During a normal straight walk in follow mode the cart:

• Stops abruptly
  • Start throwing itself left-right (overcompensated corrections that starts small and get worse)
  • Starts going in circles
  • Heads off in a random direction

I have contacted Stewart UK. Luckily I'm within 30 days money back guarantee. Thinking of returning it.

Did you happen to be playing golf with an individual that had a Q follow as well? If so, I believe they all run on the same frequency and if you get too close to another one then havoc (such as you mention) ensues. I have the same issue with a buddy and I.

I am brand agnostic. If it is in my bag it is because it works for me...

• 2 months later...

Bought the Q follow model . The handle broke off as I walked with it . No pressure really at all. 

Stewart replaced straight away no charge.

The remote stopped working and wouldn't charge. Stewart stated its not guaranteed so cost me £165 to replace. That was after 5 months of use. They said there must have been a power surge while charging. I have lived in the UK all my life and there has never been a power surge. I had no choice but to pay up as the trolley is no good without the remote.

I sold the trolley on at a big loss.

On 11/1/2022 at 7:31 PM, ShuAip said:

UPDATE. the company watched the videos and agreed the Q was not functioning correctly. They will replace it for me. Very impressive customer service. It is refreshing when a person chooses to do the right thing. 

Thank you Stewart! 

That's great to know. I've been wanting to pull the trigger on one of these for so long and seeing this thread made me nervous. But this is super helpful to hear.

Untitled design-3.png

On 2/11/2023 at 1:03 AM, Nordic_Viking said:

Just a very late follow-upp.

I got a quick response from Stewart and their distributor and was put in contact with a repair shop. Had to drive an hour to it, though I live in the capital. Service rep upgraded the firware and changed the wheel axle that was bent (this was from the factory and I noticed it but didn't think it would have any effect)

After this the Stewart work as all my friends X9s and x10s, close to flawlessly. There are som minor hickups, but they are less frequent that once a round.

But, we also learned that some of the major hickups and really weired behaviour was caused by interference between the Stewarts. Long story short, never cross "the beam" of another players Stewart/remote. And if you are very close to each other, even if not in follow mode you can get erratic behaviour occasionally.

Bottom line, I would recommend the Stewart Q or X10, just pay attention the dos and don'ts. And keep your firware up to date. Unfortunatley it requires a visit to the repair shop.

That's helpful info for sure. I keep going back-and-forth on whether the Q follow is worth it.

Untitled design-3.png

On 2/23/2023 at 10:35 PM, TripleB said:

Did you happen to be playing golf with an individual that had a Q follow as well? If so, I believe they all run on the same frequency and if you get too close to another one then havoc (such as you mention) ensues. I have the same issue with a buddy and I.

Sometimes I played with people that had X9/10-Follow, but I have never played with another using the Q-Follow.

I've got the ZIP Navigator too [see my review].  I'm still using it, remote is working well after I received a replacement for the first one, battery holding up well.

-XY
BALL:  Titleist ProV1, Kirkland Signature
WOODS: Taylormade Stealth2 +, Callaway Epic Flash 3-wood
3- and 4- HYBRID: Ping G30, stiff
IRONS: Ping i525, 6 - U-wedge, 1 degree flat, ProjectX 5.5 110 g shafts
WEDGES: Ping 4.0 60 degree, Titleist 56 degree SM8
PUTTER: L.A.B Mezz Max, 69 degree, 37 inch LA Golf shaft, 1.5 degree press grip

• 2 months later...

Was moving over normal terrain, and then this happened today

IMG_1959.jpg.ba876cce16f2964cbf77e569cf105332.jpg

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I’m at the point where I actually hate my Q.  I have the X9, and it was good for years until it developed a turning problem.  It was out of warranty, so I figured I’d try the Q.  I’ve only had the Q for a little over a year and the handle is broken, the top strap is busted from stress (forcing me to use an even tighter eyelet), it doesn’t reverse (but I haven’t tried resetting it to factory settings), the bottom strap looks like it’s only got a couple of pulls left before it snaps.

I’m going to contact Customer Service, but I’m using the X9 right now with it’s’ faults, and I realize that it’s a MUCH better cart in every way except folding up small and tight.

This is what I want everybody to know, including Stewart:  I have ALREADY ordered the X10.  Damn the folding up.  If they honor their warranty and somehow fix my Q, it’ll be a backup if the X10 fails, AND the X9 fails!

On 12/10/2023 at 7:42 AM, Knoxville, Tn golfer said:

My Stewart XIX follow simply quit on the course and even after recharging the battery I can’t get the cart light to come on.  How should I proceed?

There is a fuse in the box that is easy to replace and costs about a quarter to buy.  Sounds like that is your problem - just a blown fuse.  Good luck!

On 5/1/2023 at 3:36 PM, GolferXY said:

I've got the ZIP Navigator too [see my review].  I'm still using it, remote is working well after I received a replacement for the first one, battery holding up well.

The thing that bothers me about the Zip Navigator are those wacky spinning front wheels, and trying to make turns while holding the handle.  The Zip Navigator AT version that they sell at Costco has much better front wheels, more spaced apart and stronger looking.  I tried the Zip between the two Stewarts and returned it.

• 2 weeks later...

Stewart Customer Service is actually not bad.  They honored the warranty, even would have paid for shipping back and forth, but I just wanted the mainframe because I saw that it was simple to replace on YouTube (6 torx screws).  The part arrived quickly, and surprisingly they addressed the cheap strap issue as well .  It was real easy to replace, but it’s still flimsy and won’t stay upright.  I hate it still, and I love the X9 - haven’t received the X10 because it’s out of stock?

• 1 month later...

The Q-follow cart is not worth the premium price.  I'm very disappointed in my Q-follow and caution others not to buy it, here's why:

• it careens down hills regardless of the speed setting
  • it tips over WAY to easily
  • the cart often lurches forward from a complete stand-still when the STOP button on the remote is pressed
  • the remote control is cheap and its battery was loose on arrival (it rattled inside of the case needed glue to hold it in place)
  • the cart's battery charger uses cheap connectors that can easily break
  • the cart's main handle is flimsy
  • customer service is no help an defers to the useless manual rather than addressing the question directly.  Example:
  • Q: "Will Stewartgolf provide an update to the firmware on the Q Follow to correct the out-of-control downhill behavior?"
  • A: "As per the owner's manual ... Please refer to P14 (of the manual) for more information."