Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

TP5 Practice Balls v. Maxfli Tour/Tour X

Sorry if this has already been addressed but I wasn't able to find much on Search.

Whats the General consensus on TP5 Practice balls compared to the Maxfli Tour line? 

I may just get both eventually and put them head to head but which ones should I start with?

Thanks in Advance

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

27 minutes ago, MyWifesSwingCoach said:

Sorry if this has already been addressed but I wasn't able to find much on Search.

Whats the General consensus on TP5 Practice balls compared to the Maxfli Tour line? 

I may just get both eventually and put them head to head but which ones should I start with?

Thanks in Advance

There are two factors that MGS tests: build quality & performance. Ball Lab says that the newest TP5/x have mediocre build quality rated at 73 & 82 out of 100. Practice balls usually have issues like the logo smudges or there are too many marks on the clearcoat. Maxfli Tour/X have above average build quality rated at 85 & 91 out of 100. To check them against your swing speed category, check out the 2021 Golf Ball Test results: https://mygolfspy.com/best-golf-balls-2021/

Driver:  Wilson Staff Cortex 9* Atmos Blue 6

3 Wood: Walter Hagen AWX

5 Wood:  Walter Hagen AWX

4 Hybrid: TaylorMade Aeroburner 

Irons 5-AW: TaylorMade Aeroburner HL 

Sand Wedge:   Wilson Harmonized 56*

Putter:   Wilson Staff Infinite Bucktown 34"

2 hours ago, MyWifesSwingCoach said:

... Having played both I prefer the Maxfli Tour balls so got that out of the way up front. If I were comparing $25 TP5 practice balls to $35 Maxfli balls and I played 3 or more times a week I would be tempted to play the TP5 Practice balls and save $10 a dozen. But considering the Maxfli balls are $30 when buying 2 dozen or $26 when buying 4 dozen the Maxfli balls become a real bargain. I would consider performance very similar and for me the TP5 spins a little more and is a hair shorter off the tee. On very windy days I play the TP5X which spins less than the Maxfli Tour. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x