Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

PXG 0211 Hellcat

CLaw

Morning all! 
I’m excited for my new PXG box that came yesterday with a 5 wood and a new putter. I spent almost 45 min talking with PXG last weekend and at least 15 min was just on putting. My Anser style putter that came with my Tour Edge Bazooka set was holding a good line for me, but I could not get my speed dialed in consistently and I noticed the coating chipping off on the bottom. It may not matter, or it may show that I’m catching the ball more on the way up, but it was disappointing for a set I only got this winter and haven’t played a ton with. 

While talking with the rep, he felt that the hellcat was a good fit (stayed to the 0211 series for cost) but recommended a 25g weight in the grip, and that pushed us to a SuperStroke Mid Slim 2.0 grip. He felt that would have a noticeable change on my speed consistency. 

First thing I noticed from unboxing is the heft of the putter. It feels much heavier than my Tour Edge putter, and swings smoother.  Whether this will translate to more consistent speed is yet to be seen, but it feels great swinging back and forth.  Second is the quality of the putter head. For being the less expensive head, I was expecting to see some corners cut but it looks great!  

I will add to this as I get more experience on the greens, but within my garage setup on an 8’ Putt-a-bout, I’m having a much easier time dialing my speed in. Previously, I could consistently hit the hole but the ball would bounce back up and out off the concrete below the hole. Now, I can have the ball just drop in and stay from 3’ to the full 7’ range more consistently. I started 3d printing @pozzit putt-out last night and will see if that helps me gauge performance as well. 

I was surprised not to see anything on the 0211 putter line, so I thought I’d throw something out there as a start. Thanks!

Tour Edge Bazooka 370

driver - Titleist 910D3

62’ Taylormade Hi-Toe

I got out for 9 holes last night…not my best. I will say that my putts within 6 feet were very comfortable and smooth. I didn’t over power any at that point which was often a problem before. I still need to get dialed in on the longer putts as I ended up leaving several 20+ foot putts well short. The hellcat feels heavier in hand, which helps smooth my stroke out, but gauging the width of swing for distances is something I’ll need to spend some time on a long green to get dialed in. 
So far, I’m liking it!

Tour Edge Bazooka 370

driver - Titleist 910D3

62’ Taylormade Hi-Toe