Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

9 minutes ago, Middler said:

Hypocrite? Rahm’s strongest statements on staying with the PGA were when it looked like they would do right by the players who stayed - BEFORE Monahan pulled the rug out from under the players in June. And that was six months ago, still no agreement. I don’t fault Rahm at all, this is all on Monahan and PIF. If they do unify the PGA/LIV/PIF Rahm is going to look like a genius. If not, he’s a much richer player still in all the majors for 5+ years. I hate LIV but the PGA has been stumbling along for 2 years now - enough!

He's still a hypocrite in my eyes. Worse so than Koepka

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

8 minutes ago, Middler said:

Hypocrite? Rahm’s strongest statements on staying with the PGA were when it looked like they would do right by the players who stayed - BEFORE Monahan pulled the rug out from under the players in June. And that was six months ago, still no agreement. I don’t fault Rahm at all, this is all on Monahan and PIF. If they do unify the PGA/LIV/PIF Rahm is going to look like a genius. If not, he’s a much richer player still in all the majors for 5+ years. I hate LIV but the PGA has been stumbling along for 2 years now - enough!

I think that Rahm’s departure will hurt the PGA Tour product more than any of the others that left. 

Play like a champion today!

11 hours ago, cnosil said:

Apparently Rory wants to rewrite Ryder Cup eligibility rules because of the Rahm move. 

Love that, the US should think hard about their team as well. 

well at least their next captain hahaha

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-MJ 6x

Titleist TSr3 18 Degree, Graphite Design Tour Ad-DI 7x

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours 120S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini, Versa Scheme, 17" Fatso 3.0 Grip, 40"

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

26 minutes ago, FrogginBullfish said:

I understand Rahm's frustration with Monahan over the merger. But I have a hard time feeling like he's any less of a hypocrite for up and leaving. Monahan betrayed the trust of a lot of people with that merger. So Rahm's solution is to instead join that other league that he's said he doesn't like the format of, that he's not playing golf just for money, etc etc. Monahan might have turned back on his word, but why does that give freedom to the Rahms of the world not to hold to their word?

Sad to see this from Rahm. I did think he was better than this. Guess not.

What 28 year old won’t do this?

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

3 hours ago, Owengeorge13 said:

This is what I’m talking about Josh!  Get interested!  13 teams now, no word on who is on Rahms team or how this will shake it up.  

Honestly just assumed he would be on the fireballs but another captain allows growth

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

9 minutes ago, Javs said:

I think that Rahm’s departure will hurt the PGA Tour product more than any of the others that left. 

This was a fairly fatal blow. He was the most exciting to watch on the tour, except maybe Rickie and his resurgence

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

3 minutes ago, TylorJudd said:

This was a fairly fatal blow. He was the most exciting to watch on the tour, except maybe Rickie and his resurgence

I think it becomes fatal only if Scotty and Rory leave next. However, Rahm’s departure is a very significant loss to the product. 

Play like a champion today!

What 28 year old won’t do this?

Arguments like this or the classic everybody has a price are so meaningless to me. Some people have a spine and are willing to hold to their word and stand up for their values and what they believe in instead of just cashing in on easy money.

Attached are what he said about money just last year. Monahan betraying the player's trust isn't enough to shift blame off Jon for this hypocrisy in my opinion.

Screenshot_20231208-095905.png

2 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

I think my biggest issue with these guys is, just grow a pair and say it's for the money.  I don't blame you for taking the money but don't say it's because you want to help expand the game of golf.  It's the same narrative that they all try to say.  

It's a business decision at the end of the day.  All these guys play for their income.  

I play because I enjoy the game.  

We all know that is for the money, and they’re aware of it too. Not sure we need to hear it, obviously they are not going to say I’m moving for the money to discredit LIV any further. 
The restrictive nature of the PGA needs to adapt, or things like Joel Dahmen at the WM happen 🤣 let the guys wear shorts FFS, it’s hot as hell and the world is getting hotter. If we can’t adapt traditions into our evolution then they will die. Don’t get me wrong, I like the PGA, I do wish there was a blend of the two. Every weekend I’m on the course in the summer though, the local clubs around here look like LIV tournaments anyways. Guys getting way too smashed, being embarrassingly loud and a noxious, hitting on cart girls if they’re present, and being a drunk idiot in the club house. That is golf to a large group of people, and golf has to be visible to all groups and opinions or we will see golf courses close for townhome developments. It’s nice when you go to more expensive courses because you do get that peaceful majestic nature of the sport the PGA embodies and once had, but we can’t afford that every day 😉

Either way, I love the discussion this creates because we all grow from things like this

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

I love capitalism and watching the invisible hand of the free market work its magic on the world of golf.   That said, I would like to see LIV go to 4 day tournaments but that is wishful thinking.  

When the LIV offers Rahm 6 times his lifetime earnings of $50 Mill to play golf, how could someone say no?   I am pissed at the PGA for killing their brand and thinking the laws of free market economics don't apply to them.  So it goes.

Right now my biggest worry is if I will shoot in the low 80s this afternoon and win a few nets and gross and win my  2-2-2 dollar auto press and pry a few dollars from my friends' wallets.

Edited by Alan K
bad writing:))

Alan K

12 hours ago, cnosil said:

Apparently Rory wants to rewrite Ryder Cup eligibility rules because of the Rahm move. 

Of course he does now. He didn’t care when it was Sergio and Poults.

The more he opens his mouth the more I could care less about watching him golf

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

26 minutes ago, FrogginBullfish said:

Arguments like this or the classic everybody has a price are so meaningless to me. Some people have a spine and are willing to hold to their word and stand up for their values and what they believe in instead of just cashing in on easy money.

Attached are what he said about money just last year. Monahan betraying the player's trust isn't enough to shift blame off Jon for this hypocrisy in my opinion.

Screenshot_20231208-095905.png

And where are the best in the world seemingly ending up? I don’t see any argument against other professional sports and their stars cashing in.

None of us know the guy personally and don’t really have much right to be keyboard warriors and say he’s spineless. The dude is more than likely a real stand up human being. Why are we so hung up on the diction he used in his statements? He knows we all know why he did it? What difference does it make to any of our lives because he didn’t verbalized what we already know to be true?

15 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Of course he does now. He didn’t care when it was Sergio and Poults.

The more he opens his mouth the more I could care less about watching him golf

+1

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

48 minutes ago, Javs said:

100% agree. Very few of the first wave guys that left really had a solid following. Maybe Cam, BK, DJ, Phil and Bryson. But Rahm eclipsed all of them by far. I don't see his decision as hypocritical at all. The context around him changed since he first came out saying he wanted nothing to do with LIV. Once the context changed it made sense that his own rationale and decision making could also change. Blame the PGAT for this mess, not Rahm.

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

And where are the best in the world seemingly ending up? I don’t see any argument against other professional sports and their stars cashing in.

None of us know the guy personally and don’t really have much right to be keyboard warriors and say he’s spineless. The dude is more than likely a real stand up human being. Why are we so hung up on the diction he used in his statements? He knows we all know why he did it? What difference does it make to any of our lives because he didn’t verbalized what we already know to be true?

+1

Other sports stars aren't being brought up because we're in a golf thread talking about golfers. I have just as much issue with the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and Neymar cashing in with the Saudi soccer league. But we're talking about LIV golf here.

23 minutes ago, FrogginBullfish said:

Other sports stars aren't being brought up because we're in a golf thread talking about golfers. I have just as much issue with the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and Neymar cashing in with the Saudi soccer league. But we're talking about LIV golf here.

Valid point.

🙃

16 hours ago, MattWillGolf said:

I wish Jon would have been honest regarding his move to LIV. Harold Varner III  has been the only honest one to make the switch. But it’s galling when they state the move is to grow the sport. The only thing growing is their bank accounts. This does nothing  to grow the sport.

I wonder if part of "growing the game" is getting to play events with top players in their home country. The PGA Tour has played almost exclusively in the US; I wonder if part of the appeal for Rahm was seeing the crowds that Cam Smith got in Australia, and imagining playing a tournament as part of his tour in front of massive crowds in his home country.

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
Utility - :mizuno-small: Pro 225 3i, Mitsubishi MMT 105S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

5 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

Can someone that follows LIV explain to me how the trades work?  You trade the top player of the year for someone that was down towards the bottom....  How does that make any sense?

I'm kind of glad I don't watch much golf these days other than the majors.  

This SI article lays it out pretty well: https://www.si.com/golf/news/liv-golf-bubba-watson-explains-trading-talor-gooch-landing-matthew-wolff

Basically it sounds like Bubba believes that Wolff has a higher upside than Gooch in the long term, and that Wolff will get better moving away from Brooks' team and being mentored by Bubba. Also frees up some money for the team, since Gooch was a more expensive player (not quite a salary cap space, but since Bubba presumably has equity in the team then there's a benefit for him).

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
Utility - :mizuno-small: Pro 225 3i, Mitsubishi MMT 105S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Tour