The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

12 minutes ago, ILMgolfnut said:

OK, I see what you're saying. Left shoulder does drop as I take the putter back, then rise as I hit the putt.

My next thought would be that you need to figure out why face is closed at impact.   If you are moving the shoulders vertically then you a might be aiming left, Rolling  the hands or forearms during the stroke, thinking the stroke needs to arc, or you turn the shoulders horizontally to take a peek at the results. 

maybe exaggerate and hid the putter at the end of the stroke and make sure the face points down the startline.  

Edited by cnosil

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

13 hours ago, Rickp said:

Prestwick was a nice track even back in my day.  True Blue was new when I played it and was not impressed.   
There was lot of real nice tracks in MB, still is.

Agreed. But my now renewed once per year trip for a week to the World Am doesn't allow for me to fully sample the tracks. Stephanie (we celebrate our anniversary during the World Am) suggested we do a three-week stay next year. I'm all for it because I know there are great tracks that I'd like to play. I'm guessing @BIG STU will be of help with choosing tracks if we do make it for that extended trip next year.

Still swinging after all these years

1 hour ago, Josh Parker said:

I have gone thru a few of those gloves. 

One ripped after just a few rounds, but the others are holding up under the pressure thus far. Don't mind if they don't last too long because of the price. If I pay more than $20 for a glove, I'll want it to last more than a few rounds. 

37 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Good morning spies from the on duty weekend!  I feel like I just had one of these! 🤪 

@TAGolf13 I will have to check that out? How do they hold up for a cheaper glove?  I've bought those neoprene gloves with the sewn in leather pads off temu and they seem to hold up well for about 10 rounds before being stretched in the palm area.

Got mine off Temu as well and after 6 weeks, one ripped but still have several others. Since I'm rotating them in and out when they get wet, I can't really say how long each is holding up. I don't think that much about it at $6 per. I'll start paying a bit more attention and report back when I have something useful to report. 

13 minutes ago, cnosil said:

My next thought would be that you need to figure out why face is closed at impact.  

My immediate thought is that I'm doing the same thing in my putting stroke I all too often do with my full swing -- coming over the top. Is that accurate? Beats me.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024. Final review here: FFG review

Oh, one other point. Anyone wishing to go see the guys at the Scottsdale Club Champions here is a promo code for 50 to 100 dollars off of a fitting

SFARM2023. I need to contact the guys there before I post up their phone numbers. 

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

9 minutes ago, ILMgolfnut said:

My immediate thought is that I'm doing the same thing in my putting stroke I all too often do with my full swing -- coming over the top. Is that accurate? Beats me.

That would be horizontal rotation of the shoulders.  While path has little effect on ball direction if you close the shoulders you may be delivering the face closed.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

42 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Great idea 2 or 3 weeks long time and you’ll see and play a lot.  There is a ton of really good GC in the Grand Strand and @BIG STU would be an awesome resource.  Don’t forget Murrels Inlet for the restaurants.

We loved the variety of places to eat and we found a little gem that's nothing more than a dive but the food was awesome. Habibi's Cafe & Pizzeria on Waccamaw. George's Seafood Buffet was awesome as well. 

2 hours ago, Javs said:

Good morning everyone. Well off on our vacation today. Flying from Texas to London. Then heading to South Hampton to board our cruise. From there Spain, Portugal and the Canary Islands. Should be a great trip! Hope everyone has a great day and couple of weeks.

Enjoy the trip!

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

2 hours ago, Javs said:

Good morning everyone. Well off on our vacation today. Flying from Texas to London. Then heading to South Hampton to board our cruise. From there Spain, Portugal and the Canary Islands. Should be a great trip! Hope everyone has a great day and couple of weeks.

Safe travels and have a great trip!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

3 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Have a great trip @Javs !

The canary islands are great!  I was in Lisboa then Barcelona just before the 92 olympics. The amount of churches are astonishing, and absolutely beautiful too.

since the US has eliminated Columbus day, make sure you get a picture of the Statue de Colon if you can. Also a tour up the mountain side looking down at the port is breathtaking!

Thank you for the advice on things to see!

Play like a champion today!