Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

Just finished perusing the numerous posts about Halloween 🎃. I found it interesting about the number of people that do some sort of Trunk and Treat civic or municipal event and those that go the traditional route of door to door. 
  Coming to the “ Mean Lady’s “ house is a right of passage for many in our community. To highlight our age, it is actually now a generational right of passage. Parents that use to “ Trick or Treat “ to the “ Mean Lady’s “ now bring their children.  
   I won’t be home in time to aid in giving out treats, but even with the coolish weather and multitude of public events; I  expect the “ Mean Lady “ to have over 100 horrid, intriguing,  and terrifying looking little visitors. How many “ guests” are you expecting?? 

Edited by Dead Solid Bogey

1 hour ago, BallsLeon said:

Good morning spies,

On Monday I said I thought I had the flu or something, well went to the doctor later that day and found out I have shingles, lucky me! Not going to lie, it’s really kicking my butt at the moment.

Thankfully, I still have plenty of sick leave remaining for the year, and a patient wife who will take care of me.

Haven’t been on here too much, but hoping to start feeling better soon. Hope you all are having a great week.

Best of luck in your recovery and hope that it goes bye smoothly and quickly............................... not a fun experience to deal with at all.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

2 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

Best of luck in your recovery and hope that it goes bye smoothly and quickly............................... not a fun experience to deal with at all.

My wife had shingles and I saw how much pain she had so I went and got my first shingles shot. I have to get the second one in January. Hope you have a speedy recovery. 

Frank musolino 

Chilly morning on the mid Atlantic coast….currently 40*  but  Supposed to warm up into the 50s so not that terrible.   I don’t like when there are overnight freeze warnings; means I may have to break out the long pants soon.   

got a text from MGS HQ yesterday,  heading in the next two days for some lab test they are running.  Don’t know any details,  but I’m not saying no to any testing opportunity 😂.    

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

gm

Dark. Wet. Dreary. (..but hey no snow!)

More coffee. Household chores. Some exercise. Putting practice.

Have a good one!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Good morning all!

We had a great time on Halloween with the kids and collecting some candy and staying warm. Now I had the bright idea for a dentist appointment for the kids this morning, but they didn't eat too much so it should be fine. Otherwise another chilly day here, but the sun being out helps.

Have a great Wednesday!

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Good morning everyone. SWMBO decided it was too cold for a fire pit so we stayed inside and watched TX destroy the Diamondbacks while being periodically interrupted by the barking hound who unsurprisingly was spooked each time the parentally supervised panhandlers rang our doorbell. As is normally the case, we have way too much candy left over and it’s all chocolate based candy. I’m sure I’ll hear all the complaints about the surprising weight gain that happens over the next couple of weeks too 🙄. Hope everyone a fun and safe evening as well. Arbor Links is putting on an end of season appreciation event for all the caddies so I have a 9 hole round booked for later today. Hope everyone has a great day ahead!

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

Good Morning everyone!  Hope you had a boo-tiful All Hallows Eve.  We closed up shop around 8pm when we ran out of candy!!  Biggest group of kids yet since we moved in 4 years ago; some of them were bigger than me!  A group was wearing orange sweatshirts... thought it was prison garb.  🤣

A lot warmer today.  37º is much better than 24º.  Not going to warm up much more than yesterday though... maybe 50º and rain comes in around 7pm.  Wife has her ladies day group this morning; I have a physical therapy session.  No golf for me.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Good morning all from a Wisconsin morning that feels like January and not the first of November. 18 degrees on the truck this morning, which is WAY too cold, but it's supposed to get back to highs in the 50s by Friday. Wicked cold snap and blunt reminder of what is to come. 

Trick or treat was a bit of a bust for us last night as neither of our boys were very motivated to go. That could be due to the fact that there was a "trunk or treat" at school yesterday and they got loads of candy from that 😂

IMG_1184.jpg

My treat is scheduled to be delivered today in the form of my Ventus Blue TR shaft for my TSi3, and I am pumped! Will get it regripped right away as I believe it is a standard grip size and I play mids, and then hoping to get out on the range Friday afternoon and get some side by side data with the Mevo against my current shaft, the Tensei AV Raw White.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

Wednesday… Freedom Day. Drove most of the night to get home to dump the work gear and pickup the traveling golf bag. Needed to leave about 5:30 AM as I was suppose to have had a golf outing /tee time at 8:13 this morning on the coast. Got a text from one at 5:00AM saying they were canceling, but that since our clubs are reciprocating, I could keep the tee time if I wanted. Decided to forgo the offer. Will be a tad chilly but grabbed a 10:00 tee time on the home course. Wife person is giving me the you are crazy look…. I don’t care, i

496924C0-EC12-4590-856B-1CC0415140A0.jpeg.6242aa8f9bcc2d96a58adc15f65c34df.jpeg
Especially when it comes to golf.. Anything and everything else in my life the fanatical female family leader dictates. 
    Enjoy your day my friends. Those that are parents and/or grandparents with little people around;  be sure to sample enough of the “ Trick or Treat “ booty to make sure that is safe. A random selection of 15-25 pieces should suffice. 😏😉

Good morning all!

A brisk 30 degrees in Chicago this morning with ice on the ground. I have a tee time this Friday around 10 am with the weather seemingly getting warmer, to about 52.

I decided to look up some winter golf tips (I have played in snow before, just thought I'd get extra insight because it certainly can't hurt) - some of the most interesting take aways:

- Almost every source is saying that walking is the way to go to keep you locked in and moving

- Alcohol is not your friend (it lowers your internal body temp in order to process the alcohol through your system)

- Stay mentally fresh, I think what they really meant to say without saying it explicitly was "Lower your expectations"

- Lastly, probably the best piece of advice: Book a golf trip somewhere warm

D : Cobra LTDx Max

FW : Stealth 3 Fairway + Big Bertha #7 Hybrid (lol, I know)

Irons : Too Old (Cobra AMP Cell 4-GW)

Wedges : Need Some Recs! Cobra AMP Cell GW Wilson Harmonized 56

Putter : Huntington Beach Soft 11

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Read my 2023 Titleist White Box Review!

Good morning my friends. I'm back and you know what that means?!

its-wednesday-camel.webp.b481e0cb6ce4ae410c7cca285dd6ba67.webp

Happy November!

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder