The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

Morning Spies. Nothing exciting on the agenda today. Headed to the office shortly. One day closer to my golf outing next week.

Dr: :taylormade-small: Stealth 10.5°

Woods: :taylormade-small: M4 - 3W 15°, 5W 18°

4i-PW: MacGregor MT86 OS

50.08F/54.10S/60.08M: :vokey-small:

Pu: :ping-small: Ketsch Counter Balance

Ball: :Snell: MTB Prime

Pushcart: :Clicgear: 4.0

Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V6 Shift

Other: :Arccos:

Good morning and happy Thursday fellow spies! This week seems to be dragging by, probably because I am very much looking forward to our kids free weekend this weekend 🤣. Ordered a new grip for my Spider Tour putter last night (SS Traxion Pistol GT 2.0 🤩) to replace the very worn out stock Pistol 1.0 GTR. I've liked the feel of the Traxion Tour 2.0 on the 3D Supernova, so decided to stay in that size but prefer the shape of the Pistol style grip. Should be here *hopefully* when I get back from the weekend on Sunday and then will take it to the pro shop to have it installed. A friend of mine installs grips, but when it comes to putter I want it to be on there absolutely perfect, so going to have our head pro install it. 

Have a tee time booked for 6:20pm this evening, last one of the tee sheet, to just go out and enjoy the course with my boys while SWMBO has a dinner date with some girlfriends. Going to be a hot, humid day today, but should be much more comfortable by that time. TSi3 & Spider Tour are back in the bag for this evening's session, and will be played the next two weeks. AJ Max driver will stay in the bag as well to do some on course H2H so I can decide which driver will make the bag for my annual buddies trip August 17-21st.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Driver: :titleist-small: GT3 9|Tour AD-UB 6S (testing in progress)

Fairways: :titleist-small: GT2 15 & 18|Tour AD-UB 7S (testing in progress) |:cobra-small: Aerojet Max 7|Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H|MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW|KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 52.12F|56.12D|True Temper Vokey Wedge Flex

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour & :titleist-small: ProV1

#LeftyGang

Titleist GT Long Game Test (Link Here)

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Good Thursday, Spies!

336872837_6253102254740139_2788637922114287679_n.jpg

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° w/ProLaunch 45 S

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Ping G430 Max 5 wood w/Ping Tour 2.0 65 R

Ping G430 Max 7 wood w/Ping Tour 2.0 65 R

Ping G430 4 hyrid w/AltaCB 70 R

Toura Golf CB 6-PW Recoil 95 regular

Toura Golf 48° GW and Vokey Sm10 wedges 52° and 57°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

Good morning all! Foggy morning here in Iowa, but hoping that will clear out soon. I have a golf league at 3:15 today which I am looking forward to. Went and played the toughest course around yesterday and got pretty beat up the first 12 holes. We didn't even play from the tips and the course still played over 7000 yards. I shot 85, which isn't very good, but I had a lot of good takeaways from the round. I only lost one ball, which was due to a bad drive, but all other drives were either in the fairway or just in the rough.  My putting was not good on the front 9 but bounced back and played +1 over the last 6 holes. The course index is 77, which means even scratch golfers are challenged. That was my first time ever playing that course, but I think if I could go back now that I know the layout of the course, I could shoot much closer, if not in the 70s. Not the score I was looking for, but a lot of positives to take away from the round. 

League this afternoon at the course I know better than any others and my game feels good, so I'm looking forward to getting out and competing. Hopefully, everyone else that is getting out today plays well and competes hard. 

Have a thunderous Thursday!

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST MAX LS

Hybrid: SIM 2 3 Hybrid

Irons: New Level 480-TC 4-PW

Wedges: Sub70 TAIII 50, 54, 58

Putter: Odyssey Ai-One Seven S

New Level 480-TC Irons Official Review

Maxfli Tour Golf Ball Official Review

Rapsodo MLM2Pro Launch Monitor Official Review

Morning everyone. Also foggy here in Omaha but that isn’t going to quell my excitement for our golf trip this weekend. Leaving this morning for five rounds over four days. Going with a Ryder cup style format for 8 guys. Perfect way to end my summer before returning to school on Monday. Hope everyone has a great weekend ahead with plenty of golf scheduled. Cheers!

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Velocore+ Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Pro X3+

whew... made it through. The Titleist testing opportunity seems to have brought a LOT more visitors and the site had been down for a while and I didn't receive the daily newsletter email.

Kudos to Titleist for bringing the heat!

Driver-  Titleist  TSR3 10*
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (5i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Wilson Infinite Grant Park
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

10 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

whew... made it through. The Titleist testing opportunity seems to have brought a LOT more visitors and the site had been down for a while and I didn't receive the daily newsletter email.

Kudos to Titleist for bringing the heat!

Really? Didn't notice... Glad it's up and running again. Newsletter will be hitting inbox soon, but had to wait for embargo to lift before sending.

⛳🛄 as of Oct 5, 2024 (Past WITB
Driver:  :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ - check out the Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ shaft (still love my Cobra F7's)

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron                                

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,57 or :titleist-small: SM10 45,49,53,57 degree wedges

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png LINK! Full putter shootout incoming

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Golf Bag: Ghost Anyday 5.0 Golf bag - Maverick colorway with MGS Logo

Other: Vortex Anarch Rangefinder, searching for electric cart, Red Rooster The Root Glove and more

Good Thursday Morning Spies! 

Beautiful Central Florida morning 83 degrees.  Lazy morning, on 2nd cup of coffee. No golf this morning, but planning to go to range this evening.  Too much yard work last night! 

Have a Great Day Everyone! Hit'em Straight! ⛳

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

Good morning folks

my weekly check in.  Golf has taken a back a seat for me while I try and get through this youth football officials training. If I was a tech guy it would be take about 3/4 less time. But since I am not, I have to ask for a lot of help which means trying to get all the correct info to the correct people. 

it’s amazing how the body kind of shuts down when you don’t move like your used too. Back, neck, knees, feet all decide to stay on vacation. 

golf on Sunday for me tho, should be interesting since I’ve hit about a half a bucket of balls in 3 weeks. 

have great day

+12

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

5 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Good morning everyone! It looks like we've got a touch of rain in the forecast, but not too much. It's Thursday, so the weekend is almost here. I've got to work Saturday, production has been called for our shift.

It's going to be a longer weekend for me, I'm off Monday and Tuesday to care for my wife after her gallbladder removal on Monday. 

The coffee is warm and tasty this morning and hopefully it'll be a good day. We have the community call this evening, so that's a plus.

I hope all of you have a good day. 

Hope your wife has a speedy and uneventful recovery. 

Frank musolino 

Happy whatever 😉 weekday!!

Have to shout-out to @sirchunksalot that he's in very good company with his golf practice -- watched a video earlier, linked to in a newsletter from Golf Science Lab, with Cameron McCormick (you may know him as Jordan Spieth's coach) working with Celine Boutier (you may know her as one of the top LPGA players) on her distance control with wedges...

...the important part is the training aid he used to .. yep .. check her contact (spoiler: it was spot on perfection)

You can spot the familiar orange toned can several times in the vid!

Anyhow hope everyone has a fun and/or productive and/or relatively stress free day!!

WITB of an "aspiring"   play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (
Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 45/A*)
3W...Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (ProForce V2 HL 5F3)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06 (KBS Hi Rev 2.0)
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Bag Boy hybrid bag on an MGI Zip Navigator.
..ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour/Tour S. Or a found Pro V1/x.

* (current) Forum tester for the Newton Motion driver shaft (2024)
Forum tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

20231223_133657.jpg.960669f48157ee1fbafde043ef7f132a.jpg

For Sale in Classifieds: SkyTrak home launch monitor in excellent condition

Image2023-08-03at7.38AM(2).jpg.bc5de5f0f75e58897da969cd3450e11b.jpgGood morning spy's, I dont know what kind of golfers these legends were but I do know they changed hockey,  L-R Maurice Richard, Gordie Howe, Jean Bellevue, Bobby Orr and Bobby Hull... I watched them all but Maurice Richard... 

committed to performance excellence

6 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

It's going to be a longer weekend for me, I'm off Monday and Tuesday to care for my wife after her gallbladder removal on Monday. 

Prayers going out for the Mrs. Hoping she has a speedy recovery. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:vice: Irons, Vice VGI01 Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex (6 - PW)

:vice: VGW01, 50 Degree. Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex, 

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

Putter, Sacks Parente Drac Center Shafted 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

42 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

Image2023-08-03at7.38AM(2).jpg.bc5de5f0f75e58897da969cd3450e11b.jpgGood morning spy's, I dont know what kind of golfers these legends were but I do know they changed hockey,  L-R Maurice Richard, Gordie Howe, Jean Bellevue, Bobby Orr and Bobby Hull... I watched them all but Maurice Richard... 

Years ago, I think 1976 or 77 I was on extended travel to San Diego and and got to see Gordie play with sons Mark and Martie.  Can’t recall if they were with the Houston Aeros or New England Whalers.  Gordie was mid-late 40s and described as ‘poetry in slow motion’. All of these legends were something to watch.  In my younger years, I lived in the Detroit suburbs and have been a Wings fan since, even during multiple dead wing spans.

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

19 minutes ago, GaryF said:

Years ago, I think 1976 or 77 I was on extended travel to San Diego and and got to see Gordie play with sons Mark and Martie.  Can’t recall if they were with the Houston Aeros or New England Whalers.  Gordie was mid-late 40s and described as ‘poetry in slow motion’. All of these legends were something to watch.  In my younger years, I lived in the Detroit suburbs and have been a Wings fan since, even during multiple dead wing spans.

Been a hockey fan, and especially the Red Wings since the early 1960's.

Had a late Aunt who dated Doug Barkley, defenseman for the Red Wings, and went to the old Olympia Stadium numerous times because of that.

My last meeting with Gordie Howe was on a flight from Minneapolis to Detroit, as I was returning from a work trip in Nevada, sat next to him on the plane, he wasn't recognized by any other's as he was already older, and retired. I think the trip was in 2004.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist GT2 8 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Red & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :Nippon: Modus 105

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM9 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 5 

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

27 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

Been a hockey fan, and especially the Red Wings since the early 1960's.

Had a late Aunt who dated Doug Barkley, defenseman for the Red Wings, and went to the old Olympia Stadium numerous times because of that.

My last meeting with Gordie Howe was on a flight from Minneapolis to Detroit, as I was returning from a work trip in Nevada, sat next to him on the plane, he wasn't recognized by any other's as he was already older, and retired. I think the trip was in 2004.

Did he give you a love-tap elbow?  That would have been an honor!  I remember going to Olympia in the 60s, but my dad took my brother (I was too young) to a game probably early 60s.  My dad got the tickets from someone with ties to the Wings, and after the game took my dad and brother into the locker room.  They gave my brother a hockey stick that Gordie scored a goal that evening and the stick was autographed by Gordie, Terry Sawchuck and Sid Abel. 

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

23 hours ago, skraeling said:

true, but you cant spell desert southwest without... desert 😛

Thats just brutal even for there though.

6 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Funny you say that because our July was pretty stellar... May was wet, but no complaints about July. 

... Ya think? 🥵   We evidently had a completely different July and some records you would just rather not break:

Last month set and broke heat record after heat record nearly every day since July 8. According to the weather service:

● The average maximum temperature in July was 114.7 degrees.

● The average minimum temperature was 90.8.

● Every day in July had above-normal temperatures.

● Only one day in July had a high temperature below 110 degrees.

● July set a new all-time record for the most consecutive days with high temperatures at or above 110 degrees (31 days) from June 30 to July 30.

● 17 days in July hit maximum temperatures at or above 115 degrees, breaking the record of six days set in 2020.

● July set a new all-time record warm low temperature of 97 degrees.

● Three days in July reached 119 degrees.

● Twelve days in July broke or tied daily high temperature records.

● Sixteen days in July broke or tied daily warm low temperature records.

● The longest stretch of days under an excessive heat warning was set from July 1 to July 29, nearly quadrupling the number of days from the previous record, which was eight days.

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:   :taylormade-small:   Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'Li Blue 70r
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Alta Hy70r 
Irons:       :taylormade-small:    P770 5-pw ... Steelfiber i80r
                  :taylormade-small:    TP UDi 4 ... Steelfiber i80r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :EVNROLL:     Custom 5.1 (no alignment)  33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x/Maxfli Tour X 

57 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Ya think? 🥵   We evidently had a completely different July and some records you would just rather not break:

Last month set and broke heat record after heat record nearly every day since July 8. According to the weather service:

● The average maximum temperature in July was 114.7 degrees.

● The average minimum temperature was 90.8.

● Every day in July had above-normal temperatures.

● Only one day in July had a high temperature below 110 degrees.

● July set a new all-time record for the most consecutive days with high temperatures at or above 110 degrees (31 days) from June 30 to July 30.

● 17 days in July hit maximum temperatures at or above 115 degrees, breaking the record of six days set in 2020.

● July set a new all-time record warm low temperature of 97 degrees.

● Three days in July reached 119 degrees.

● Twelve days in July broke or tied daily high temperature records.

● Sixteen days in July broke or tied daily warm low temperature records.

● The longest stretch of days under an excessive heat warning was set from July 1 to July 29, nearly quadrupling the number of days from the previous record, which was eight days.

I set a personal record this year. The most sweat expelled from my body in one season (And it's not over yet). I didn't realize how bad the humidity was in this area. I knew it would be more than NE Tennessee, but you can cut the air with a knife here. It has been in the 90's all summer so far with a relative humidity in the 80% to 90% range.  

10 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I set a personal record this year. The most sweat expelled from my body in one season (And it's not over yet). I didn't realize how bad the humidity was in this area. I knew it would be more than NE Tennessee, but you can cut the air with a knife here. It has been in the 90's all summer so far with a relative humidity in the 80% to 90% range.  

... I grew up in Greensboro in the Piedmont and plenty humid. But Pinehurst is in the Tidewater and even higher humidity as I found out at East Carolina my freshman year. I still can't believe we had 4 a day football practices in that humidity! 

That's why you can get on courses fairly easily there this time of year!  However, I will trade you for the heat/humidity I've had here in FL so far!  Lot worse than I ever encountered in North Carolina while I lived there.

:Sub70:Driver : Sub70 839D

:Sub70:3 wood Sub 70 pro

:Sub70: Hybrid Sub 70 849 18*

:Sub70:Hybrid Sub 70 839 21*

:Sub70:Irons Sub 70 639 combo

:Sub70:Wedges Sub 70 659 approach 50*, 286 full face groove 54*

:seemore-small:Putter FGP

:titleist-small:Ball  Titleist AVX

Grips: Best Grips std leather

4 hours ago, Jim Shaw said:

All greats, met Gordie Howe a few times and Bobby Hull once.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, Randall Robbins said:

That's why you can get on courses fairly easily there this time of year!  However, I will trade you for the heat/humidity I've had here in FL so far!  Lot worse than I ever encountered in North Carolina while I lived there.

I can't imagine something worse than what I have been dealing with. 

30 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I can't imagine something worse than what I have been dealing with. 

... Have you played when it was 120*? It really doesn't take much imagination. I recorded 123* in my car last July. ☀️🔥

IMG_1488.jpeg.a5ba64882cc240106479515976299c82.jpeg

25 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Have you played when it was 120*? It really doesn't take much imagination. I recorded 123* in my car last July. ☀️🔥

IMG_1488.jpeg.a5ba64882cc240106479515976299c82.jpeg

I couldn’t hack that! Really…

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • LAB DF3 w Accra
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 001 F (mesh), Payntr X 005 F, Ecco Biom C4

1 minute ago, Middler said:

I couldn’t hack that! Really…

... It's brutal no doubt but before this July, it would only last a couple days max and go down to normal average temps below. And I would still rather deal with 119* and sunny than below zero wind chills and dark gray skies for 30 days with no sunshine. But I hate the cold so the heat is OK by me, although over 115* is silly hot. But Oct - May is perfect golf weather and exactly why I moved here. 

January 68° / 45°

February 72° / 48°

March 77° / 52°

April 86° / 59°

May 94° / 67°

June 104° / 76°

July 106° / 82°

August 105° / 81°

September 100° / 75°

October 89° / 64°

November 76° / 51°

December 68° / 44°