Testers Wanted! T Squared Putters ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

4 hours ago, Rob Person said:

My parents and Uncle lived in Wedgefield. Used to ride with them on the course.

Small world!! Wedgefield has a nice layout @Rob Person, I enjoy playing the course.  About 3 or 5 yrs ago course was sold and new owner has done an incredible job in getting the course back in good condition.  Greens are nice.  Great course to walk.  
the course used to be considered way out in East Orlando.  Now it's just out in East Orlando as the City & County continue to grow.  

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

8 hours ago, rkj427 said:

Welcome back @tdroma98

And those of us in the colder states will be looking forward to the photos.

Thanks @rkj427! Good to be back home. 
Here are some photo's from San Juan, PR. 
this one is of ship approaching to dock Tuesday Morning.  Weather was finally nice, 78 degrees, sunny & windy. 

firststopSanJuan.jpg.5924ff7debb7895133f8bcc13cda24f8.jpg

Our first stop was to visit San Juan Fort, a National Historic Site.  Columbus discovered Puerto Rico in 1527 and Fort was constructed from 1527 to 1590.  The Fort was approx 1 mile form Port, walking distance (all uphill) Puerto Rico is NOT FLAT! LOL. 

SanJuanNational.jpg.b4c65278cc4eaf00768f376031e16a6a.jpg

The Park is run by U.S. National Park Services.  
This photo below was from the top of the Fort looking over San Juan to the West.  Really cool site, nice morning just a little hazy.  

SanJuanfromatopFort.jpg.b9e928ae15e05247a5f6748e026bb006.jpg

Here is a photo to the East and FortaLeza it's within a mile of from Castillo San Felipe.  What's impressive there's a stone wall from the main (Fort) CAstillo San Felipe running the entire way to FortaLeza (the top left of photo) - impressive!

IMG_0895.jpg.ca2c8305d955d757c7a50bde4ccf9193.jpg

After walking over 2 miles to both Fort locations, a much needed break stopping for a Grape Piragua (flavored shaved ice). Very refreshing! 

Shavedice.jpg.3a84080b1aae3aab70706be4b7e2b31d.jpg

35 minutes ago, tdroma98 said:

Small world!! Wedgefield has a nice layout @Rob Person, I enjoy playing the course.  About 3 or 5 yrs ago course was sold and new owner has done an incredible job in getting the course back in good condition.  Greens are nice.  Great course to walk.  
the course used to be considered way out in East Orlando.  Now it's just out in East Orlando as the City & County continue to grow.  

I remember going to the bus races in Bithlo!  I lived in the Conway area for about 5 years.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

On 1/26/2024 at 10:28 AM, Javs said:

Also planning a vacation to Portugal and Spain.

Holy Smokes you go on some pretty awesome trips!!! 👍

On 1/26/2024 at 1:23 PM, ILMgolfnut said:

Maybe I would have gotten a little extra distance with those swings with a softer ball. 

I could've misread it but I believe the ball lab tests concluded that softer = slower...

If you want more distance off the tee then a firmer ball may suit you better .. of course each individual golfer needs to test and find what works best for them...

11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Best of luck Chuck!!  Hope you get in correct elevator.  🤣

Hah! We took the train in, and it was my first time arriving by Long Island railroad in Grand Central terminal .. when I was commuting those tunnels were still being dug and all trains went in and out of Penn Station ...

So... Our whole group is wandering around, almost randomly taking stairs and escalators UP towards street level and it was literally by random chance that we spotted an unmarked single elevator in a dimly lit corner .. that one guy already inside was holding the door open .. that turns out to be *THE* elevator that we needed to get da heck outta there.... 🤦‍♂️

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

they still do the Bus Races @Rob Person, I think buses race on Friday Nights at Bithlo Speedway.  I believe the old bus is still parked out front off of HWY 50 🤣.  Saturday night drag races (the cars 🤣) On a clear night we can hear the races from 8 miles away. 

Edited by tdroma98

11 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Holy Smokes you go on some pretty awesome trips!!! 👍

I could've misread it but I believe the ball lab tests concluded that softer = slower...

If you want more distance off the tee then a firmer ball may suit you better .. of course each individual golfer needs to test and find what works best for them...

Hah! We took the train in, and it was my first time arriving by Long Island railroad in Grand Central terminal .. when I was commuting those tunnels were still being dug and all trains went in and out of Penn Station ...

So... Our whole group is wandering around, almost randomly taking stairs and escalators UP towards street level and it was literally by random chance that we spotted an unmarked single elevator in a dimly lit corner .. that one guy already inside was holding the door open .. that turns out to be *THE* elevator that we needed to get da heck outta there.... 🤦‍♂️

I have always traveled and really enjoy going to new places! 

Play like a champion today!

1 hour ago, tdroma98 said:

they still do the Bus Races @Rob Person, I think buses race on Friday Nights at Bithlo Speedway.  I believe the old bus is still parked out front off of HWY 50 🤣.  Saturday night drag races (the cars 🤣) On a clear night we can hear the races from 8 miles away. 

A good friend of mine used to run mud races out there with Chucks Trucks in the early 2000s. When I was there 2 years ago visiting, I couldn't believe how much it changed. What was once barely developed with a few subdivisions is now a whole bunch of it's own fully autonomous communities ( more like their own towns)

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

14 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

Good Sunday morning all from the walk-in clinic lobby. Nothing major wrong, just have a plugged ear that is driving me nuts and my attempt to fully clear it at home yesterday failed, so here I am 😂. Should be a pretty quick and simple process. 

Boys had a lot of fun yesterday at Brick Fest! Not sure what is on the agenda yet today, but roads are pretty icy so maybe laying low. 

Hope everyone has a great Sunday and @rkj427 GO LIONS!!!

No fun. I've had a blockage cleared via irrigation before and it sucked. Felt fantastic afterwards though!

Titleist TSR3 // Tensei 1K Black 65g

Titleist TSR3 3W 15* // HZRDOUS Black 70g

Titleist U505 2i // HZRDOUS Black 85g

Taylormade P770 4-PW // Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 105g

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*

Callaway JAWS Raw 54* / 58*

Taylormade Spider GTX Single Bend Splitback / Ping Zing 2

Titleist ProV1 // Srixon Z-Star XV (Depending on how much money I want to lose any given swing)

9 minutes ago, CFreddie said:

Good morning Spies!

Celebrating my little girl’s fifth birthday today - have a day full of activities for her, starting with family brunch.  Hoping to catch both game later today - hoping to see Baltimore and Detroit advance (though I think the 49ers win the NFC). 

Hope everyone has an amazing Sunday!

Hope she has a great 5th birthday!!!

17 minutes ago, taylorjonasher said:

No fun. I've had a blockage cleared via irrigation before and it sucked. Felt fantastic afterwards though!

I hear you there. Sadly not my first rodeo 😂 dang ear wax!

Driver: :cobra-small: DARKSPEED X 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X (Currently Testing)

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review