The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

18 minutes ago, Preeway said:

Good morning everyone. Yesterday was a great day. After winning my alt shot match I had a pretty stiff opponent for my afternoon singles match. The course is really challenging with a lot of short par 4s and awkward par 5s that force layups which means a lot more thought into tee shots than usual. I was giving my opponent 9 strokes which only added to my challenge. 

After losing the first hole with a par to my opponent’s net birdie I was able to win the next three to take a 2up lead. We continued to battle for the next 11 holes with every hole being won outright by one of us and the lead continuing to bounce between 2 and 4up. We finally got to 16 with the match dormie. 16 is an awkward par 5 that forces a mlayup off the tee to anywhere from 200 to 260 before crossing a stream that’s 30 yards wide. We both strayed right off the tee but his managed to stay in play and mine took a bad bounce in a lateral hazard. I found my ball and I thought I had a play but then noticed my ball was resting against an old partially embedded ball which meant I had no way to safely hit my ball. I took my drop and my ball came to rest on the cart path so I took another free drop which gave me now an open window to hit a long iron. I was able to put to within 110 yards but I was now laying 3 and my opponent was about to hit the same shot but was getting a stroke on this hole. I really needed to end the match here before going to a tough par 3 on 17 and finishing on an easy par 5 18 where my opponent would again get another stroke. 

Well, my opponent topped his second shot into the creek and the pressure having to win the hole to extend the match got to him as he hit his fourth shot again into the creek. He managed to get his 7th shot on and I hit my fourth shot on to within 25 feet so I conceded his 8 knowing I only had to three putt to win the match. Here’s where it got interesting. I left my first putt a few feet short so I marked my ball but then had to move my mark. After everyone else finished, I put my ball back down and got ready to finish. Without moving my mark back to its original position. As I addressed the ball I realized what I did and remarked my ball and moved my mark back to the correct position and then placed my ball and finished with a 6 to win the match. After shaking hands my opponent asked what would have happened if I had putted from the incorrect spot and I told him I’m pretty sure by rule I would have lost the hole. 

Long story short, I managed to win on a day when I didn’t have my best stuff so it felt good to know my mental game is strong to endure that type of challenge. Our team won the day and took home the trophy and I was glad to be able to contribute two point to our 9.5-8.5 win. Resized_20240922_193812_1727054583286.jpeg.78f587095170dc8a60e918c63dcd4f15.jpeg

Congratulations!

Incredible recovery shots are set up by an equally incredible miss.

D-    Cobra Aerojet 8.0 Hzrdus Blue S.

FW-  Callaway Mavrik 3&5 wood

Srixon ZX MkII 2 iron

Callaway Epic forged E19 4-GW

Taylormade MG 3 56 degree 10 bounce (personal grind to 6 degrees or so)

Cameron Furtura F5r  / Odessey Ai One Three T

Maxfli Tour and Tour X

33 minutes ago, Preeway said:

Good morning everyone. Yesterday was a great day. After winning my alt shot match I had a pretty stiff opponent for my afternoon singles match. The course is really challenging with a lot of short par 4s and awkward par 5s that force layups which means a lot more thought into tee shots than usual. I was giving my opponent 9 strokes which only added to my challenge. 

After losing the first hole with a par to my opponent’s net birdie I was able to win the next three to take a 2up lead. We continued to battle for the next 11 holes with every hole being won outright by one of us and the lead continuing to bounce between 2 and 4up. We finally got to 16 with the match dormie. 16 is an awkward par 5 that forces a mlayup off the tee to anywhere from 200 to 260 before crossing a stream that’s 30 yards wide. We both strayed right off the tee but his managed to stay in play and mine took a bad bounce in a lateral hazard. I found my ball and I thought I had a play but then noticed my ball was resting against an old partially embedded ball which meant I had no way to safely hit my ball. I took my drop and my ball came to rest on the cart path so I took another free drop which gave me now an open window to hit a long iron. I was able to put to within 110 yards but I was now laying 3 and my opponent was about to hit the same shot but was getting a stroke on this hole. I really needed to end the match here before going to a tough par 3 on 17 and finishing on an easy par 5 18 where my opponent would again get another stroke. 

Well, my opponent topped his second shot into the creek and the pressure having to win the hole to extend the match got to him as he hit his fourth shot again into the creek. He managed to get his 7th shot on and I hit my fourth shot on to within 25 feet so I conceded his 8 knowing I only had to three putt to win the match. Here’s where it got interesting. I left my first putt a few feet short so I marked my ball but then had to move my mark. After everyone else finished, I put my ball back down and got ready to finish. Without moving my mark back to its original position. As I addressed the ball I realized what I did and remarked my ball and moved my mark back to the correct position and then placed my ball and finished with a 6 to win the match. After shaking hands my opponent asked what would have happened if I had putted from the incorrect spot and I told him I’m pretty sure by rule I would have lost the hole. 

Long story short, I managed to win on a day when I didn’t have my best stuff so it felt good to know my mental game is strong to endure that type of challenge. Our team won the day and took home the trophy and I was glad to be able to contribute two point to our 9.5-8.5 win. Resized_20240922_193812_1727054583286.jpeg.78f587095170dc8a60e918c63dcd4f15.jpeg

Congrats!  Sounds like an amazing day of golf. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Gee.... I read all these people going back to work. I got in Saturday. Don't go back to work till 3am Wednesday.

To be candid.... I would rather walk a field with a good Bird Dog, than to walk a golf course with people. Only problem is, I can't walk.

7 minutes ago, Cfhandyman said:

A good morning to all. Wet and rainy day here, so still deciding if I’m going to play today. Rain is a firm no go for my wife though. So in the meantime, more coffee while I contemplate.  

@Preeway well done on the win

@Josh Parker I say golf beats jury duty any day of the week. 

That Monday morning glow before coffee 

image.jpeg.dcfd152629539c4089dd873a45f92ceb.jpeg

I agree 100%  

I am not looking forward to going at all. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

2 hours ago, Northern Monkey said:

It does look like we have very similar tastes in destinations. We get back from here on Friday and then fly to Rome on Tuesday so it does seem as if we are following you. Rest assured though I’m not stalking you 🤣

That’s funny! However, I’m back in Texas, so is that next on your list, ha ha

Play like a champion today!

Good morning, golfers!  No golf this morning due to much needed rain in our area.

352396609_786244639660428_633202456098794991_n.jpg

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° w/ProLaunch 45 S

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Ping G430 Max 5 wood w/Ping Tour 2.0 65 R

Ping G430 Max 7 wood w/Ping Tour 2.0 65 R

Ping G430 4 hyrid w/AltaCB 70 R

Toura Golf CB 6-PW Recoil 95 regular

Toura Golf 48° GW and Vokey Sm10 wedges 52° and 57°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

Good morning!

Back home after a weekend in west palm. There were lots of photos but this one captured it best. Creed was everything I’d imagined. Sold out show and everyone. I mean everyone was so freaking kind. It was one of the most fun shows I’ve ever seen. 

IMG_3457.jpeg

• PING G400 LST Mitsubishi Tensei White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

1 hour ago, Preeway said:

Way to grind out a win!

Play like a champion today!

1 hour ago, Preeway said:

Well done, Preeway!

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° w/ProLaunch 45 S

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Ping G430 Max 5 wood w/Ping Tour 2.0 65 R

Ping G430 Max 7 wood w/Ping Tour 2.0 65 R

Ping G430 4 hyrid w/AltaCB 70 R

Toura Golf CB 6-PW Recoil 95 regular

Toura Golf 48° GW and Vokey Sm10 wedges 52° and 57°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

Good morning, Spies!!! Happy Monday!!

It's a beautiful day outside this morning - clear skies and sunny. Sadly, it's all going away alter today and pretty much for the week as rain is inbound and lots of it. Granted, today and tomorrow are only around 50%, but W/Th are mid 70%'s and Friday is 90+%. So more than likely, we will get some type of rain this week. I don't remember September being this wet in the past. *shrug*

Nothing special this week other than work. So not much to share this morning. We'll see how the week goes. 🙂

Everyone have a great morning and week ahead!!

MondayFace.jpg.b991f4759a265ff2a96fafd04b21824a.jpg

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!!

Happy Monday Spies!

Fairly uneventful weekend. Had my Sleep Study Friday night, and go figure, didnt get much sleep. Electrode leads everywhere, monitors the whole 9-yards makes it all pretty tough to get any sleep, then was released at 0430. Saturday was pretty much a wash. At least Sunday was a productive day chorin' round the house.

Was able to get this bad boy ordered on Saturday though! And HOLY Sugar Honey Iced Tea! Its already out for delivery! Per some mod guidance, I'll be joining the Official Testing Thread as an Unofficial Tester and posting my findings and review as I can!

image.png.d08502e179756ade90cdbd72c050b903.png

Hopefully this weekend I can film a WITB and officially start my Youtube Channel. My therapist has been challenging me to get out of my comfort zone, and to do more things that I'd never consider doing, so here we go!

Have a tee time set on Friday, and hoping the weather will hold out!

All for now! Hit Em Straight Spies!

image.png.695997e0ab2d273d1e9a6d9a59693008.pngWhat's In The Bag:

Bag:   image.png.79a211d0cf342e8c00f2d2c7969b1a80.png 2019 Fusion 14 Stand Bag                                                             Push Cart Mafia:  image.png.b59a1c1a2ab63e23e9cfc08d20037566.png 3-Wheel Golf Cart

Driver:  image.png.79a211d0cf342e8c00f2d2c7969b1a80.png  AI Smoke Max D 10.5* w/ Project X Denali Blue 60                    Hybrid:  image.png.79a211d0cf342e8c00f2d2c7969b1a80.png AI Smoke 4H(21*) w/ Project X Cypher 2.0 70HYB     

Irons: 5-PW image.png.b4ec8b1f2367ed37c1ad1bcb163545d1.png ZX5 MKII w/ KBS Tour Lite                                                    Wedges:  image.png.ef09dadd02c892716857ee9bf90993c6.png CBX 4 Zipcore 50*, RTX 6 Zipcore 54*/58*          

Putter:  image.png.6f232d68128a0864f020965748b290ba.png DF3, Green 65*/35                                                             Balls:  image.png.4b88007c7921e9a723765a29d110ca08.png Tour X                                                                           

Grips:  Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize                                                                      Tech: Garmin Approach S70

Good morning spies! A beautiful morning today with a beautiful outlook for the entire day. Highs in the 70s with bright sunny skies. I may try and sneak out to the course or range tonight to work on my game. I would love to get it in a spot that is feeling good off of the tee. First, coffee and work time!

I hope you all have a marvelous Monday!

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST MAX LS

Hybrid: SIM 2 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 4-P

Wedges: Sub70 TAIII 50, 54, 60

Putter: Odyssey Ai-One Seven S

Maxfli Tour Golf Ball Review

Rapsodo MLM2Pro Launch Monitor Review

Unofficial Mizuno Type III Putter Review

Top of the pot and a good Monday morning spies 🕵️‍♂️☕.  We're playing Falcon Dunes today (Luke AFB).  We've been wanting to play it all summer but for some reason or another never did. As a veteran, I can play it anytime, but it's only open for public part of the year. Lot's of folks around here say it's really good - we shall see.  I'll share some photos.  Have a great start to the week all.

Congratulation @Preewayon the hard fought win 👏.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

Good Monday Morning Spies! 

Sunny & 78 degrees in Central Florida this morning.  No golf today because It's Cruise Day! 🛳️, getting ready for a 5-day Caribbean vacation. Looking forward to relaxing, a little eating & indulging in some adult beverages! No golf on this trip, no excursions planned, just going to relax. Especially after a somewhat stressful GC work weekend. A golfer flipped the golf cart with his slightly inebriated passenger & flat-out denied it, even after residents & the group behind witnessed it. Oh yea and a photo. Not to mention the cart being damaged. LOL.  You learn a lot about the golf business side.
Will miss the Community Call on Thursday. 

@Northern Monkey safe travels to Rome! Enjoy the espresso & cannoli's! 

Have a Great Day Everyone and Hit'em Straight. ⛳

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

Morning All,

After finishing the small shed yesterday, I worked on some chipping. As much fun as playing Royal New Kent was, I feel like I need to work harder on finding fairways. Cause I'm still in awe at how punishing that course is on even slight misses. Today it's back to work. I don't have anything that needs to be done, cause all my tasks are completed. My inventory will be conducted Wednesday. So I will have a lot of things to do that day. Short work week as well with Friday being a day off.

3 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

Good morning!

Busy start and coffee is flowing. Have to get quite a bit done because I completely forgot I was selected for jury duty and must present myself this afternoon. 

Have a great day everyone!

I liked this not for Jury duty, but for the coffee. Good luck today.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

Mizuno ST Max 3 wood

PXG 7 wood with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Mizuno S23 54 and 58 degree wedges

L.A.B. DF3 Putter

Good morning spies! After a weekend in the mountains, the last for this year, it was very nice to wake up to 75 degrees outside instead of 40. I purchased a fancy cover for the trailer and after 45 minutes of struggling with the darn thing it didn't fit. I am going back up for a day this week to put a different cover on and put an anti rodent gizmo under the trailer for the winter. 

I am running the Wild Bunch game today and will make it easy for me and the guys. I believe I will run 2 net balls per hole out of 3 all the way around for 3 man teams and 3 net balls all the way around if we have 4 man teams. 

@Preeway Sound like you had a good fun day! Congrats!

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos: