Calling All Ladies….

31 minutes ago, Tijoli said:

I’d love to hear how long you’ve been playing.  Who do you with with and how often?  What’s your favorite club and what are your strengths and weaknesses?

Have you found a go-to source for women’s golf outfits and accessories?  Share your secrets!

What would you like to see on the forums?  What speaks to you and how would you like to be heard?  We can be active participants in this golf community so let’s share what we would like it to look like for women and shape it through our participation.  I look forward to hearing from you!

Awesome Post @Tijoli!!  I am VERY interested to see the responses to your questions.  

Just so you all know, we at MyGolfSpy Forum are working to create a separate area designed exclusively for Women Golfers.  We want to know what types of forum content is of most interest to you so we can cater the forum content you are looking for.  

We are all love this great game equally, no matter our gender, and this forum is definitely designed for the love of the game of golf 🙂

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

2 hours ago, Tijoli said:

I’ll start…

I play with my husband and few college friends as well as two or three couples.  I love to play in tournaments and do so about six times a year.  I just got a new driver which is a men’s Callaway Epic Max with a senior shaft and I LOVE IT!  The weight of the men’s head and the flexibility of the shaft are a great combo for me.  I’ve used it once and hit a 170 yard drive (with roll and slope…but still excited!). 

My go-to for golf shirts was Kohls Tek Gear for plus size women but I think they discontinued them. They still have them in regular size so check them out if you’re looking for comfort at a great price!

I’m  addicted to golf and have been since I started playing in 2020.  I’m looking for a place to share my experiences and hear others.  I want to participate in making women’s golf better through my input here and in tests and reviews of courses and equipment.  I want to have fun and learn at the same time.

Thank you for posting. We would all gain from having other women post on this site. My wife loves to golf but is not a social media type so it'd be a stretch for her to join the Forum.  On the other hand she is an equipment junkie, having been fitted a couple of times, she's always on the search for new stuff. PGASS in Sarasota is the only place where the 2 of us shop together (I hate to shop). Like yourself she is gaming a men's driver (410 Plus) with a senior flex shaft, along with other men's type clubs she's been fitted for.  Hope this thread gains traction. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I love that she’s using a similar driver!  It would be great if she could join our community and possibly test some of the women’s equipment in the future.  Thanks for your encouragement!!  

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

Thank you for posting. We would all gain from having other women post on this site. My wife loves to golf but is not a social media type so it'd be a stretch for her to join the Forum.  On the other hand she is an equipment junkie, having been fitted a couple of times, she's always on the search for new stuff. PGASS in Sarasota is the only place where the 2 of us shop together (I hate to shop). Like yourself she is gaming a men's driver (410 Plus) with a senior flex shaft, along with other men's type clubs she's been fitted for.  Hope this thread gains traction. 

Tijoli

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

Really excited to follow this thread and see what part of the game interests the women on the forum most and what’s helped them continue playing the game. My wife is getting more into it after watching full swing and wants to play more than once a year so I’ll be looking for tips to make it as fun as possible for her. 

Current WITB:

Driver:                      image.png.ad4d66f798557c86ee934344d1a24ed2.png       Paradym 10.5 Ventus Black 6S

Fairway:                   image.png.3077938d887c52577470dba42554f0aa.png     ST-Z 230 3-Wood (15°) HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 60 Official Test

Hybrid:                    image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     ST-Z 230 Hybrid (19°) Ventus Blue HB-8 Official Test

Irons:                       image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     MP-18 MMC (4-9)

Wedges:     image.png.8641af187e8958a5ff8c3c2146b1fc7c.png  Vokey SM8 (46.10F, 50.12F, 54.14F, 58.12D)

Putter:                image.png.a85c45cc6c173613e90f345a17c689b4.png      Select Squareback 2 34.5 Ping Corded 88G PP58 grip double taped

Ball:                       image.png.c4e52864bdd9535caa79ae03a9376870.png        Pro-V1 (currently testing the Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track)

Reviews:

2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Official Forum Test

2023 Mizuno Long Game Official Forum Test

This is a great thread idea and an area we’ve wanted to expand on as @Golfspy_TCB mentioned!

my wife plays occasionally with me, more often in a scramble because she feels less pressure over a bad shot. She has a very type A personality and doesn’t like it when she doesn’t do well right away! Haha I try to tell her I’m still learning after playing essentially my whole life. 

My daughter is 3 and has also started to take a liking to putting around the house, although she’s doing it with a backwards  putter!  I’m going to call her my Little Lefty Lady on the course I think. But that’s still a few years out!

and to answer at least one of OPs original questions, my wife found a few tennis skirts that she liked best. I think they were one of amazons brands, but I might be wrong. 

:taylormade-small: Qi10 - Terra Forza White | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :ping-small: G430 3-Hybrid - Kai'li White 80s

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:L.A.B.: Mezz Max | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Ghost Maverick Black Ops - Forum Edition | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Sending this link to my wife now, who JUST took her first lesson the other day!  Love this idea!!! 👏

Edited by CFreddie

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-PW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  images (1).pngHaywood Signature Raw Wedges (50 / 54 / 58)

Putter:   download.png.d49e715a77153bd649b58a0d4e33fab5.pngL.A.B. DF3 (aka "Chewie")

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Reviews: 

L.A.B. DF3

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Testing

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

7 hours ago, Dragon3 said:

I’ve been golfing for 20+ years now.  My start began in charity tournaments and involved taking lessons to not develop bad habits.  I played a lot of the Executive courses when short on time.  If I couldn’t play, I would always be practicing at the driving range, chipping and putting too.  I played with mostly males and a few females.  I

I also have been fortunate to enhance my golfing experiences with  travel experiences with my golfing that has included LA, Hawaii and Scotland. I had the opportunity to golf with Brandt Snedeker through the Golf Channel before it got as big, as it is now.

I’ve been involved with golf in various forums, sites and social media.

As far as fashion, I have been voicing my opinions for years.  I’m more limited than most because I’m petite in stature.  I started off with Graced By Grit, which is no longer as they shifted their focus. Adidas Golf airs on the slightly smaller side.  I was privy to TravisMathew Women’s prior to their latest launch of more styles. While more lifestyle oriented their polo’s air on the smaller side which works for me.  SInce they are a part of Callaway golf they are slightly too large for me.  PXG is very fashion forward too. And footjoy is starting to expand in the ladies styles.

I don’t get out, as much these days due to other commitments.  I stay up to date regarding news in the industry, products, apparel, players, etc.  All about golf you might say.  Analyst of the game too.   

I’m always looking for unique events to enhance my game and knowledge.  I was able to participate in a Titleist ladies event and was fitted for the TS1 drivers. A wonderful experience and even made a new friend too.

Here’s my running start.

What an incredible experience to be able to travel and play with Brandt Snedeker!  Thanks for posting Dragon. 

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

11 hours ago, SpecialKPDX said:

Hi @Swood1994! Thanks for the mention and I’m really happy to see this thread. 
It’s great to hear your wife is becoming more interested. I’d suggest to look at the local LPGA Amateurs chapter, the closest to you: https://chapters.lpgaamateurs.com/home/chapter/NYCE and there are chapters across North America.

All skill levels are welcome, she’ll make great connections, member only clinics, events etc. I’m a member in Portland Oregon and golf at least 3 days a week + weekends, largely because it’s organized and I’ve made friends who all golf.

Thanks! 👍

Thank you for your comments SpecialK  🙂 .  Before moving to Houston I lived in Vancouver WA for 20 years - and born and raised in Central WA - so I'm a bit nostalgic of Portland Golf.  Some of the best golf in the country around the Portland Metro area.  What courses do you normally play?  I was a member at Stone Creek for several years when it first opened, but really enjoyed the amazing municipal golf around the area (Glendoveer, Heron Lakes, Eastmoreland), of course Pumpkin Ridge and The Reserve were mini destinations at least a few times a year 🙂 .  

Be on the look out for the upcoming Women's Forum section, a space dedicated to all things that are NOT men's golf 🙂 

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

Thanks to all the Spy ladies for starting and sharing on this thread. My wife played with me before kids, and I know she wants to get back out there soon. My sister plays a lot, she was the one who made varsity all four years, not me. And I have 2 daughters (3 1/2 and arriving in July) that I want get involved as soon as they show a real interest. 

So I have a question for all of the women -

If you started playing young, what motivated you/what did you like the best?

If you didn't pick up the game until you were older, what is something that would have helped you start sooner?

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

10 minutes ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

Thanks to all the Spy ladies for starting and sharing on this thread. My wife played with me before kids, and I know she wants to get back out there soon. My sister plays a lot, she was the one who made varsity all four years, not me. And I have 2 daughters (3 1/2 and arriving in July) that I want get involved as soon as they show a real interest. 

If you didn't pick up the game until you were older, what is something that would have helped you start sooner?

Congratulations on your little golfer on the way DoP!

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

3 hours ago, MsWalkrOfSky said:

Thanks for the bump! Definitely a good chance I miss this thread till Monday without it 🙂

I started playing as a small child with my grandpa. I played off and on with him during the summer for a lot of my childhood. It was just a fun thing to do with family, definitely never treated it like any of the other sports I played. Once I hit high school, we started going less and less due to how busy I was until I realized I hadn't played more than once in like 10 years. I slowly got back into the swing of things, playing once or twice a year for a bit, then about two years ago I started to actually get into golf. I've been playing pretty consistently the last two years, starting lessons almost a year ago. 

I play most often with my partner Robyn, my grandpa, and my dad. If my sister and her husband lived closer we might play with them, but that's mostly on occasional vacations at this point. Robyn and I have started trying to branch out a little to find others to play with, but we're lefties living in a conservative town, and the golf culture locally definitely reflects that on occasion.

Two weeks ago, I would have said my 9 wood was my favorite club, but overnight I can no longer hit it at all, really need some range time to figure out what the hell happened there. I'd say my favorite right now is my driver. I get a lot of distance off the tee, and hitting driver in general is really fun, especially now that I've greatly reduced the amount of balls I lose with it per round. My current strength is definitely my tee shots and approach shots. My 7 iron to pw has been really solid lately, so as long as I can get close enough to use those, I'm good to go. My chipping goes from hot to cold, with some days having multiple shots where I drop it 5 feet from the pin, and other days where I fat it 2 yards in front of me - I haven't had time to go do dedicated chipping practice since winter ended, so I'm hoping to get it back to fairly consistent when I have the time. I believe my putting is the absolutely weakest part of my game. I have far too many 3 and 4+ putts from distances that shouldn't be that bad. 

As a side note to the above, I just ordered a Shot Scope X5; I'll be posting a review in a month or two that includes my guesses at where I'm gaining and losing strokes, my distances with each club, and my putting ability. I'll then compare it to the actual data I collect from the Shot Scope, should be a fun experiment to see how skewed a view we can have on our game.

As far as golf outfits, I've gotten a ton of mileage from PGA Superstore's clearance section over the winter. Tons of cute outfits. I'm really set now on clothes and need to stop shopping... As far as accessories, I haven't bought anything besides the above shot scope and a wire brush for groove cleaning, didn't realize the difference having a new one could make! I'd never had a new one as my clubs have always been hand me downs, so I've never really built a bag from scratch.

Honestly, for me it was entirely financial. I didn't have the money or time to play golf. Golf is an expensive sport. People love to say you can play cheap, but frankly, it's incredibly expensive as a hobby for the time vs dollars spent. As an example, I have a gaming computer. I spend about $5 extra a month on my power bill, buy maybe a game or two a year, and otherwise have no other expenses with it. After the hefty startup cost, with the amount of hours I play, I've made gaming one of the cheapest hobbies you could possibly have, and that's what I did when I was more financially limited.

The cheapest course that I have around my area is an executive course that costs $16 to walk 18 holes. It takes me two hours to walk solo, three with a playing partner. I lose an average of 1 ball per round there at least, taking the cost to $18 a round. This is without a cart, and it's at the cheapest course in town. It's easy to say golf costs about $10 an hour for most people. If you like to practice chipping and putting, you can do that for free most places. For myself though, chipping and putting is practice and a chore, so I don't even count it as a fun part of the hobby. For gaming to cost $10 an hour, I would have had to only play games for only 200 hours in the time I've had my PC. I have that much time in individual games 😄

This is difficult for me. I don't really have any specific feedback here I think. I use forums to learn and to interact on occasion, and I lurk a lot more than I post. Having a women's only section where you can be relatively sure most of the people in it are women would be neat from a viewing and reading perspective, and I would probably occasionally interact. Probably an introduce yourself/WIB section for women only would be cool. Maybe a women/non-binary only section? Nothing like, crazy verification, just a place that appears if you select female or non-binary (not that there is a non-binary option on this site, now that I look).

I really enjoyed reading through your post Ms.WOS :).  And I have to say your comments about having a non-binary option is a great comment.  I'll work with our mod team on that.   I can't disagree with you... golf really can be expensive.  And the worst part... Golf does it's best to embarrass us at every turn - WHILE we are paying to play it!! haha.  I got a kick out of your cost analysis between golf and your gaming hobby (or maybe not a hobby 😉 ).  That sounds like an analysis I would do ..haha.  

As you mentioned, the Women's Only section is intended to be a safe place for - let me say it this way - non-men - to interact with each other with others that not only golf, but may have other common interests as well.  Not different that the main forum threads that can range from music to cooking to jokes... and of course, all things related to this crazy game we play and love.  I hope you find it a space where you can feel comfortable letting your golf voice being heard.  If your post above is any indication... you have plenty of important and interesting things to say 🙂 

Thank you for your response and I hope you continue finding time to hit the links. Tim.

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

17 hours ago, MsWalkrOfSky said:

Thanks for the bump! Definitely a good chance I miss this thread till Monday without it 🙂

I started playing as a small child with my grandpa. I played off and on with him during the summer for a lot of my childhood. It was just a fun thing to do with family, definitely never treated it like any of the other sports I played. Once I hit high school, we started going less and less due to how busy I was until I realized I hadn't played more than once in like 10 years. I slowly got back into the swing of things, playing once or twice a year for a bit, then about two years ago I started to actually get into golf. I've been playing pretty consistently the last two years, starting lessons almost a year ago. 

I play most often with my partner Robyn, my grandpa, and my dad. If my sister and her husband lived closer we might play with them, but that's mostly on occasional vacations at this point. Robyn and I have started trying to branch out a little to find others to play with, but we're lefties living in a conservative town, and the golf culture locally definitely reflects that on occasion.

Two weeks ago, I would have said my 9 wood was my favorite club, but overnight I can no longer hit it at all, really need some range time to figure out what the hell happened there. I'd say my favorite right now is my driver. I get a lot of distance off the tee, and hitting driver in general is really fun, especially now that I've greatly reduced the amount of balls I lose with it per round. My current strength is definitely my tee shots and approach shots. My 7 iron to pw has been really solid lately, so as long as I can get close enough to use those, I'm good to go. My chipping goes from hot to cold, with some days having multiple shots where I drop it 5 feet from the pin, and other days where I fat it 2 yards in front of me - I haven't had time to go do dedicated chipping practice since winter ended, so I'm hoping to get it back to fairly consistent when I have the time. I believe my putting is the absolutely weakest part of my game. I have far too many 3 and 4+ putts from distances that shouldn't be that bad. 

As a side note to the above, I just ordered a Shot Scope X5; I'll be posting a review in a month or two that includes my guesses at where I'm gaining and losing strokes, my distances with each club, and my putting ability. I'll then compare it to the actual data I collect from the Shot Scope, should be a fun experiment to see how skewed a view we can have on our game.

As far as golf outfits, I've gotten a ton of mileage from PGA Superstore's clearance section over the winter. Tons of cute outfits. I'm really set now on clothes and need to stop shopping... As far as accessories, I haven't bought anything besides the above shot scope and a wire brush for groove cleaning, didn't realize the difference having a new one could make! I'd never had a new one as my clubs have always been hand me downs, so I've never really built a bag from scratch.

Honestly, for me it was entirely financial. I didn't have the money or time to play golf. Golf is an expensive sport. People love to say you can play cheap, but frankly, it's incredibly expensive as a hobby for the time vs dollars spent. As an example, I have a gaming computer. I spend about $5 extra a month on my power bill, buy maybe a game or two a year, and otherwise have no other expenses with it. After the hefty startup cost, with the amount of hours I play, I've made gaming one of the cheapest hobbies you could possibly have, and that's what I did when I was more financially limited.

The cheapest course that I have around my area is an executive course that costs $16 to walk 18 holes. It takes me two hours to walk solo, three with a playing partner. I lose an average of 1 ball per round there at least, taking the cost to $18 a round. This is without a cart, and it's at the cheapest course in town. It's easy to say golf costs about $10 an hour for most people. If you like to practice chipping and putting, you can do that for free most places. For myself though, chipping and putting is practice and a chore, so I don't even count it as a fun part of the hobby. For gaming to cost $10 an hour, I would have had to only play games for only 200 hours in the time I've had my PC. I have that much time in individual games 😄

This is difficult for me. I don't really have any specific feedback here I think. I use forums to learn and to interact on occasion, and I lurk a lot more than I post. Having a women's only section where you can be relatively sure most of the people in it are women would be neat from a viewing and reading perspective, and I would probably occasionally interact. Probably an introduce yourself/WIB section for women only would be cool. Maybe a women/non-binary only section? Nothing like, crazy verification, just a place that appears if you select female or non-binary (not that there is a non-binary option on this site, now that I look).

Thanks for the info, it's going to help me plan for the future. And ain't no lie this game can be expensive. 

BTW what are your favorite games, or what are you currently playing? I spend a lot of my offseason gaming and always looking for suggestions.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

On 4/7/2023 at 2:42 PM, Tijoli said:

I’d love to hear how long you’ve been playing.  Who do you with with and how often?  What’s your favorite club and what are your strengths and weaknesses?

Have you found a go-to source for women’s golf outfits and accessories?  Share your secrets!

What would you like to see on the forums?  What speaks to you and how would you like to be heard?  We can be active participants in this golf community so let’s share what we would like it to look like for women and shape it through our participation.  I look forward to hearing from you!

Mrs. H's answers: 

Playing for 30 years

Mostly plays with me only a few times each year

Favorite club: Driver. She cannot pick-up a club for a year and then stripe one down the middle off the first tee with no warm-up and a crowd watching her 

Strengths: Tee Game

Weaknesses: Short Game

Her husband usually buys most of her golf outfits. Best place is PGA Tour Superstore at the end of the season clearance sales-Women's golf clothes are crazy expensive!

As a very casual golfer forums are of no real interest

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

33 minutes ago, Headhammer said:

Mrs. H's answers: 

Playing for 30 years

Favorite club: Driver. She cannot pick-up a club for a year and then stripe one down the middle off the first tee with no warm-up and a crowd watching her 

Her husband usually buys most of her golf outfits. Best place is PGA Tour Superstore at the end of the season clearance sales-Women's golf clothes are crazy expensive!

Her responses are similar to my Wife's. Especially favorite club and weakness. As mentioned previously PGASS = the best mutual shopping experience. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

2 hours ago, Headhammer said:

Mrs. H's answers: 

Playing for 30 years

Thanks for sharing HH, and Mrs. HH 🙂 

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

On 4/7/2023 at 8:42 PM, Tijoli said:

Lol I'll also reply on my wife's behalf... she's too busy with her business and chauffeuring 2 kids every day 😄

My wife and I started playing together about 15 years ago. It was always just the 2 of us plus club competitive rounds... used to play 3-4 times per week until the kids came...

She still plays for her club's women team, so she still gets to practice every week while I take care of the kids.

Her favourite club is an 8iron, full of confidence for full swings and chips.

Strength: short game

Weakness: she's a short hitter

Outfit and accessories: pretty standard apparel from Nike, Puma, Adidas, UA, etc... whatever is on sale...

As for forum participation: limited time for that and since she has her golf buddies, coach and team... that's enough golf talk for the week and doesn't feel like bringing it home too.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

On 4/8/2023 at 1:22 AM, Dragon3 said:

I’ve been golfing for 20+ years now.  My start began in charity tournaments and involved taking lessons to not develop bad habits.  I played a lot of the Executive courses when short on time.  If I couldn’t play, I would always be practicing at the driving range, chipping and putting too.  I played with mostly males and a few females.  I

I also have been fortunate to enhance my golfing experiences with  travel experiences with my golfing that has included LA, Hawaii and Scotland. I had the opportunity to golf with Brandt Snedeker through the Golf Channel before it got as big, as it is now.

I’ve been involved with golf in various forums, sites and social media.

As far as fashion, I have been voicing my opinions for years.  I’m more limited than most because I’m petite in stature.  I started off with Graced By Grit, which is no longer as they shifted their focus. Adidas Golf airs on the slightly smaller side.  I was privy to TravisMathew Women’s prior to their latest launch of more styles. While more lifestyle oriented their polo’s air on the smaller side which works for me.  SInce they are a part of Callaway golf they are slightly too large for me.  PXG is very fashion forward too. And footjoy is starting to expand in the ladies styles.

I don’t get out, as much these days due to other commitments.  I stay up to date regarding news in the industry, products, apparel, players, etc.  All about golf you might say.  Analyst of the game too.   

I’m always looking for unique events to enhance my game and knowledge.  I was able to participate in a Titleist ladies event and was fitted for the TS1 drivers. A wonderful experience and even made a new friend too.

Here’s my running start.

I love this!  What amazing experiences and fun!  So glad you’re part of this forum and look forward to hearing your insight on all things Golf!

Tijoli

1 hour ago, Tijoli said:

I love this!  What amazing experiences and fun!  So glad you’re part of this forum and look forward to hearing your insight on all things Golf!

Many thanks @Tijoli! I would highly encourage.  They just enhance my passion for golf.  I also attended my first Open in Scotland too. And yes this past February I was fortunate to attend the WMPO aka #thepeoplesopen😉 and yes I was 1 of the record 200,000 people who attended on Saturday. So many wonderful memories and stories…. And definitely the people who I meet along the way and stay connected too in some way. 

Same to you.

a. Ladies Flex/10-12 degrees loft/25"-27" (male equivalent)

b. Adjustable/Ladies Flex (male equivalent)

c. Right-Handed

d. San Diego

e. -18

Great to see the responses so far!

Hoping that a few of our not as regular lady members see this. We have opened up the ladies section for you and enabled it so everyone can view and see, but only the women involved can respond. If you want full access just send me a PM and we can get you setup! Here are a few screenshots to help show where it is and you will also notice that anything in that section will have Purple highlight. 

Screenshot 2023-04-08 22.57.56.png

Screenshot 2023-04-07 14.11.07.png

A final note we are actively working to try and get a few female only tests so if you have ideas of what you want to see or test be sure to let us know and post it in your section!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

On 4/8/2023 at 9:40 AM, DiscipleofPenick said:

I started playing in 2020 at the age of 51.  In many ways I wish I would have started earlier but at the same time I’m just thankful that my husband took the time to encourage me to play now.  I think he may regret the monster he created 🤣.  

I don’t know what would have enticed me earlier other than opportunity. My father played occasionally when I was young and then played every week with my brother in the local Special Olympics group but by that time I was living across the country.  So, though I loved to watch golf, I didn’t know anyone who played more than once or twice a year and then when invited.  

I got married in 2012 and my husband loves all sports.  He’s encouraged me in many of them but golf is definitely where I shine.  It’s probably a good thing since softball can really mess up your golf swing 😆.

I hope your wife and sister are able to join our ladies forum…it’s going to be a really neat space for women of all ages and abilities.

Tijoli

On 4/8/2023 at 6:44 PM, Golfspy_TCB said:

That sounds like an analysis I would do ..haha

😄 I'm a business systems analyst for my day job, and I have gotten waaaaay too deep into excel and analysis in general nowadays. It's insane how fast working in an environment like that changes not only your skillset, but your casual inclination to compare financial related items. 

On 4/8/2023 at 6:44 PM, Golfspy_TCB said:

If your post above is any indication... you have plenty of important and interesting things to say 🙂 

Awww thanks! 🙂❤️

23 hours ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

BTW what are your favorite games, or what are you currently playing? I spend a lot of my offseason gaming and always looking for suggestions.

I'm pretty mainstream right now. Been playing the latest CoD, bit of CS:Go in anticipation of CS2, some PUBG (it's been a fun throwback, that game has gotten wacky as hell), Age of Empires 2, Trackmania (though this one is mostly on pause at the moment), and a little Valorant. 

If you want a single player suggestion though, Celeste has had the most impact on me of any single player game I've ever played. I loved the gameplay, but for me, the way the story and the game meld and let you feel the character's emotions is one of the greatest gaming moments I've ever experienced. It was truly unique for me, and I don't think I'll ever find a game that creates that kind of experience for me again. I will say though, I am very, very much the intended audience for that game, and in my experience, people who are neurodivergent in some way heavily relate to the games story, and while a lot of neurotypical people enjoy it for the gameplay and cute story, it's not the mind-blowing experience it can be for some of us 🙂 

MsWalkrOfSky - 22.1 HDC - Best 18 hole Round - 80 at Rea Park Golf Course - Red Tees - 5,219 yards

Driver:       :PXG:             0211 2021 10.5* - Shaft Diamana s60 Limited - Stiff Flex

Woods:     :callaway-logo-1:        XR 3 Wood - Regular Flex

Acer                  XP Stainless 9 Wood 27*       

Irons:        :cleveland-small:         CG7 Black Pearl Irons 4-PW - A Flex

Wedges:   Kirkland          52*

Kirkland          56*

Kirkland          60*

Putter:      :ping-small:            PAL 5

Balls:        Pro V1 Yellow  

Other:      ShotScope X5 Watch and Sensors     

I started playing golf two years ago at age 63 and have been playing several times a week in Florida. When in Massachusetts I started at this little Par 3 and driving range in Lexington where a really nice older man [90] has acted kind of like a coach, particularly with putting. In Florida I have taken some clinics and lessons with a great pro here at an inexpensive club I joined. I play alone, with friends and some of the fun events that often play best ball. I also play in a 9 holers league. I play or am at the driving range most days in Florida, several days a week in Mass. 

I’ve always been into sports but always the playing end, not really the watching end. Nor am I much of a fashion person - I get my clothes on sale and I couldn’t tell you which brands, except for shoes which are FootJoy. I like the bigger toe boxes. 

My driver is also an Epic Max men’s senior flex and I carry it [on good shots!] about 170-180. My current favorite clubs are my 3 wood, 5 wood, 7 iron and my new hybrid 5. I do covet the TaylorMade Stealth driver - I played with a friend who has one and I hit it once…and then every hole thereafter! Consistent and added 20 yards, felt so well weighted in my hands. But the price! Sigh. My strengths would be driver/woods and putting. My weakness is my approach shots. My other weakness is needing to walk the course. I can suck it up to be in a cart but I have to drive - otherwise I get dizzy since a car accident. Walking is great for me and I can keep up with foursomes but often let twosomes or singles play through. 

Swing Thought: If you think, you stink