Testers Wanted! T Squared Putters ×

2023 My Golf Spy U.S. Open Pool

Golfspy_CG2

2 hours ago, dsg2260 said:

I understand the hard feelings of the active members, but I am not a “drive by contest junkie”. I read the forums and MGS in general frequently. I’ve never been much of a message board poster. I’ve never felt like the world needed to know my thoughts on really any subject, much less golf, which I’m addicted to. 

DSG...No hard feelings, you won fair and square.  As I mentioned above, we know not everyone lives to post on the forums.   Nothing wrong at all with just enjoying the content. 

I just appreciate you actually reading the rules and following them.  That is all we can ask of those that enter.   At least make an effort to show they read beyond the "click here to enter" 🙂    I mentioned in one of my other posts, I have a good friend that didn't do that and of course he was not eligible!   The fact his picks sucked in addition didn't help his chances...LOL

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

23 hours ago, storm319 said:

Disappointing to say the least. I am more baffled as to why someone would register and then not make their first post until 2 years later…

I think it's somewhat common. Publicly posted Testing opportunities get a lot of people in -- that's what got me on the forum initially, and it doesn't always lead to an active forum member. I followed the MGS non-forum content for a while before actually creating a forum account or really following the forum in any way. Wasn't until six months after joining (my 10th post) that I posted something outside of a Testing or Contest thread. I bet a lot of people follow this path in some way, and now that Testing/Contests don't require an actual post, it might end up being even more common. 

But, I eventually bought in. It took me a while to figure out the forum, how to find relevant things, and what to post -- didn't start posting more real stuff until about a year in, took a bit to figure out which opinions of mine people actually cared about (on second thought, I still haven't figured this out), and didn't really get "active" until joining some of the Fantasy leagues ("active" in quotes because I'm still nowhere near as active as a lot of you). 

Driver: :taylormade-small: Qi10 LS 8* w/Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 6X or Terra Forza Yellow+ (MGS Test in Progress!)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Stealth2 Plus, 15* (adjusted to 14.25*) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 7X

Irons:  :titleist-small: U505 1 Iron (16*), T200 "Utility Build" 3 and 4 irons, all with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-9 with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM9 46.10, 54.12, and 58.08, all with custom etchings & KBS Tour Masters-themed shafts, X-flex (CHA Post)

Putter: Total headcase and Putter Ho. Down to two main options in the rotation (one mallet, one blade), but have 4-5 by the basement putting green that might make it in the bag at some point this year... Mallet: :L.A.B.: Mezz XL 36" Orange; Blade: :L.A.B.: Link.1 w/Accra White shaft & :garsen: grip

2 hours ago, dsg2260 said:

I understand the hard feelings of the active members, but I am not a “drive by contest junkie”. I read the forums and MGS in general frequently. I’ve never been much of a message board poster. I’ve never felt like the world needed to know my thoughts on really any subject, much less golf, which I’m addicted to. 

No hard feelings, we just love to see the reviews, the opening the joy of the win. Sometimes folks dont bring that back and its unfortunate. I personally don't care about post count, reputation etc. But I do care about seeing the winnings of a VERY FUN EVENT (thank you as always @Golfspy_CG2 for putting them on) in the major tournaments, especially when we don't even know what it is!...Are we taking bets on what it is yet....?

I really want to say SM wedges.....sticking with the titleist theme

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

5 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I had already tagged this post to quote before I saw @Javs post about his and @Daniel Carrier intentions to share unofficial reviews of their Titleist clubs when they get them.   They are both very excited to share them. 

This is such a great post!  And the point you mention of someone having a low number of posts is not taken seriously is just plain ignorant if I may.  I know for a fact there is a PGA Tour player who is a regular reader of WRX and only posts occasionally, and was called out as an internet warrior when he posted something without referring to  who he was or what he does for a living.   And I'm pretty certain not 100% that Adam has told me there are a couple who are here as well.     Same with tour caddies, I have a good friend who reads both forums to keep up on the latest of equipment, just because they are around it all day and have access to some of the inside people, doesn't mean he can't learn from things he sees and reads online.   He just has to learn to filter out the junk and focus on what he considers helpful info. 

I can say for sure, I certainly didn't take your comments in any negative or complaining way.  I would have been so disappointed to, it would be like seeing the guy you are giving 5 strokes to in a match continually drain 15 footer after 15 footer for net birdies to beat you in the league playoffs.  You are so close but beaten by someone that you think, where did this come from?  ....that may or may not be a hypothetical example. 😉

Great posts and dialogue.  

If i were to add anything to that conversation, as a person who was extremely active and then for a short period not so much, that we have to take into account two things.  Life has a way of being life sometimes.  That means that sometimes you just can't or dont have the time to post something of value to the conversation.  Though, I will personally say, everyones posts are extremely valuable and length isn't a factor to me.  As long as people say something that they personally feel it's valuable.  

The second part is, we are all after all golf aholics.  We're here at our internet version of AA. 🤣  We enjoy the dialogue and sometimes, I'd have to think a LOT of members don't like to post for their own reasons.  BUT thoroughly enjoy reading every article.  That makes them as valuable as anyone, to me.  

As far as participation, whether it be in the contests that MGS sponsors or just dialogue, everyone here is valuable and here for the same reasons.  So I just say we get on with it and enjoy.  

Just my $.02

BNewt51

Golf Addict.... Father of 4.  Pennsylvania Golfer 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond - Ventus Red X :callaway-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titleist-small:

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Irons:  Titleist T-150 4-PW Steel Fiber CW 110 - Stiff  :titleist-small:

Wedges:  Vokey 48-8 Vokey 54-10 Vokey 58-6 all SM9's  :titleist-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

Ball:  Pro-V1x :titleist-small:

Titleist Tour Carry Bag Black and White  :titleist-small:

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack)  

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

3 minutes ago, BNewton51 said:

The second part is, we are all after all golf aholics.  We're here at our internet version of AA. 🤣  

Overall, your .02 is well made and well taken. I agree with you.

However, I would point out that for this to be “our internet version of AA” would require us to admit our Golf Addiction is a problem that we are powerless over and we would all be in various stages of recovery.

This place is more like a Grand Society of Enablers and Co-dependents who can’t stop/won’t stop. The club mantra very well may be: We aren’t wrong, we aren’t sorry, and it’s probably going to happen again.

😜

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 Kai Li White 70x

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :cameron-small: Special Select Del Mar

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

1 minute ago, Ben Joest said:

However, I would point out that for this to be “our internet version of AA” would require us to admit our Golf Addiction is a problem that we are powerless over and we would all be in various stages of recovery.

This place is more like a Grand Society of Enablers and Co-dependents who can’t stop/won’t stop. The club mantra very well may be: We aren’t wrong, we aren’t sorry, and it’s probably going to happen again.

😜

Cheers to that! 🍻  I mean, this original post coming from a guy that literally has 4 sets of irons, 4 drivers, countless fairways and wedges I've lost count of. It's not a problem... I rather refer to it as COLLECTING.... and my fine friends here enable that habit.  Especially @Shank Aaron who is perhaps one my biggest enablers! 🤣

BNewt51

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

Congrats to the winners! JT really messed me up! Ha. Fun pool!

Driver: TaylorMade M6, stiff, 9°, 45.75"

3W: Lazrus 3 Wood, regular, 15°, 43.5"

3H: Lazrus 3 Hybrid, regular, 18°, 40.75"

5i-PW,AW: TaylorMade M6, steel (PW-43.5°, AW-49° [both 36.00"-D1/C9])

52°W: Lazrus, 52°, 8°, 35.25", D4, Milled face, Forged head, steel

56°W: Lazrus, 56°, 12°, 35.25", D4, Milled face, Forged head, steel

60°W: Lazrus, 60°, 10°, 35.25", D4, Milled face, Forged head, steel

Putter: TaylorMade Spider X Hydroblast, 35", Flow Neck #9 (21° toe hang), KBS Chrome C-Taper Stepless Stability, Superstroke Gtr 1.0 grip

Ball: TaylorMade TP5x, Titleist Pro V1x, experimenting with Snell & Vice

Bag: testing - Stitch Golf SL2 Fadeaway walking bag (active review post link)

57 minutes ago, BNewton51 said:

Great posts and dialogue.  

If i were to add anything to that conversation, as a person who was extremely active and then for a short period not so much, that we have to take into account two things.  Life has a way of being life sometimes.  That means that sometimes you just can't or dont have the time to post something of value to the conversation.  Though, I will personally say, everyones posts are extremely valuable and length isn't a factor to me.  As long as people say something that they personally feel it's valuable.  

The second part is, we are all after all golf aholics.  We're here at our internet version of AA. 🤣  We enjoy the dialogue and sometimes, I'd have to think a LOT of members don't like to post for their own reasons.  BUT thoroughly enjoy reading every article.  That makes them as valuable as anyone, to me.  

As far as participation, whether it be in the contests that MGS sponsors or just dialogue, everyone here is valuable and here for the same reasons.  So I just say we get on with it and enjoy.  

Just my $.02

Very well said!   

I know I personally haven't been able to post as much this spring as I normally would.  Between medical issues I'm dealing with and the busiest month of May we have ever had at the course, my time is more hit and miss.   I remember and miss the days though where I had time to read almost every post made that day and even start some new conversations.   Thank goodness the forum has grown so much since those days, otherwise it would be a lot of empty space here 🙂

5 minutes ago, dsg2260 said:

Just returned from vacation and my mystery box was waiting. And because I’m a man of my word, I’ve attached a picture. 

IMG_0874.jpeg

Solid. What kind of glasses are those?

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

On 6/20/2023 at 3:14 PM, BNewton51 said:

Cheers to that! 🍻  I mean, this original post coming from a guy that literally has 4 sets of irons, 4 drivers, countless fairways and wedges I've lost count of. It's not a problem... I rather refer to it as COLLECTING.... and my fine friends here enable that habit.  Especially @Shank Aaron who is perhaps one my biggest enablers! 🤣

I do not at all identify as an enabler. I merely supply the requested goods at an extreme discount. You're the one sending said requests. Time to own that, brogey 🤣🤣

Shank's Tentative 2024 WITB

O.B. Finder- Paradym Smoke Ai TD 9*/Ventus TR Blue 6X +1/D

FW- Callaway UW 17*/VA Composites Nemesys 7X

4H- Paradym Super Hybrid/Ventus Velo Blue 8X

5-AW- Apex 21 $-Taper 120S Blackout- (almost time for a new set of something....)

Spoons- Vokey Jet Black SM9 50.08 F/54.10 S/58.08 M Jet Black/Accra iWedge Tour (Until the SM10's drop)

Flat One- Bettinardi Hive Poison Kool-Aid Innovai 6.0

Left Dash ALL DAY/14-way Vessel Players 4 (Thank GOD they finally fully enclosed each club pocket)

On 6/20/2023 at 5:21 PM, dsg2260 said:

If y’all want a review of a mismatched set of M2 irons from a 16 handicap, I’m your guy. lol.  

Always down for a mismatch 

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

On 6/26/2023 at 3:54 PM, Shank Aaron said:

I do not at all identify as an enabler. I merely supply the requested goods at an extreme discount. You're the one sending said requests. Time to own that, brogey 🤣🤣

I expected that type of response from you bud!  I mean, if you're expecting me to hold myself accountable for said "Collecting" you got a better chance of me winning the Master's next year... LMAO 

BNewt51

On 6/20/2023 at 2:10 PM, Ben Joest said:

😜

We are well known for calling on higher powers.

Z565 or Launcher Lite :: M6 3&5 woods :: Srixon hybrids :: Cleveland 588 TT irons :: CBX wedges :: midsize grips w/no glove

On 6/30/2023 at 2:27 PM, mardukes said:

We are well known for calling on higher powers.

Yeah, @BNewton51 definitely needs to get himself to a church of some sort. Or a therapist. I get those confused sometimes. 

Shank's Tentative 2024 WITB

O.B. Finder- Paradym Smoke Ai TD 9*/Ventus TR Blue 6X +1/D

FW- Callaway UW 17*/VA Composites Nemesys 7X

4H- Paradym Super Hybrid/Ventus Velo Blue 8X

5-AW- Apex 21 $-Taper 120S Blackout- (almost time for a new set of something....)

Spoons- Vokey Jet Black SM9 50.08 F/54.10 S/58.08 M Jet Black/Accra iWedge Tour (Until the SM10's drop)

Flat One- Bettinardi Hive Poison Kool-Aid Innovai 6.0

Left Dash ALL DAY/14-way Vessel Players 4 (Thank GOD they finally fully enclosed each club pocket)

54 minutes ago, Shank Aaron said:

Yeah, @BNewton51 definitely needs to get himself to a church of some sort. Or a therapist. I get those confused sometimes. 

Listen, you're the devil!  I blame you more than I blame myself.  See, transference is a helpful thing sometimes!!  Easier to blame others than to own it.  Isn't that how society works?   Oh, and trust me, I'm about to text you momentarily with my next "inquiry"

BNewt51

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Boy, Here we go...Odyssey Putter Hold My Beer 🙂