Titleist T Series Irons - 2023 Forum Review

GolfSpy_APH

Okay, today is round 2 of 3 for this Tuesday's dogfight and the driver goes back in the bag. Something else is going in the bag that will hopefully calm down my chipping woes and help me settle down around the greens.  Titleist if ya listening I honestly believe you could sell a shat pot full of Titleist brand chipping type clubs.  Beautifully designed maybe like the T350s and they would fly off the shelf! Anyways I picked up a Ping ChipR yesterday to help this old fart cut a few dozen 😉 strokes off around the greens and get back in the mid to low 70s.  More to come later!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

10 minutes ago, ajlacombe said:

Does anyone know the breakdown on the T-Series irons, which are forged and what parts are forged?  I am asking with respect to loft/lie adjustments.

All 4 of the T-series irons are able to be adjusted. The composition of each is as follows:

IMG_1281.jpeg

IMG_1282.jpeg

IMG_1283.jpeg

IMG_1284.jpeg

WITB:

D: :ping-small: G430 Max 10k 10.5° turned up 1°  w/ GD Tour AD-UB 6s

3w::ping-small: 14.5° G425 Max Newton 6 dot

3h: :ping-small: G430 18° Tour 2.0/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

4i:mizuno-small: Pro 225 with Project X io 6.0

5i-PW:  :ping-small: Blueprint S with DG S300

50,54° & 58°: :vokey-small: SM-10

P:   :L.A.B.: Link.1

Ball:  :vice: Pro Plus Drip

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

12 minutes ago, ajlacombe said:

Does anyone know the breakdown on the T-Series irons, which are forged and what parts are forged?  I am asking with respect to loft/lie adjustments.

If someone knows more accurately, please correct anything I have wrong.

T200 and T350 are forged faces only. Bodies are not.

T100 and T150 are fully forged.

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!!

19 minutes ago, Shrek74 said:

If someone knows more accurately, please correct anything I have wrong.

T200 and T350 are forged faces only. Bodies are not.

T100 and T150 are fully forged.

... Correct and while the 100 and 150 are silly easy to bend to specs, the 200 and 350 can be bent without much difficulty, just not as easy as the 100/150's. I adjusted a set of T100S a few weeks ago and had to be careful with bar pressure because bending them 1* easily turned into 2*. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:   :taylormade-small:   Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'Li Blue 70r
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Alta Hy70r 
Irons:       :taylormade-small:    P770 5-pw ... Steelfiber i80r
                  :taylormade-small:    TP UDi 4 ... Steelfiber i80r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :EVNROLL:     Custom 5.1 (no alignment)  33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x/Maxfli Tour X 

23 minutes ago, Ben Joest said:

All 4 of the T-series irons are able to be adjusted. The composition of each is as follows:

IMG_1281.jpeg

IMG_1282.jpeg

IMG_1283.jpeg

IMG_1284.jpeg

This is precisely why I asked the question.  I just listened to a podcast where teh Titleist designers were on it, and I think the T200 and T350 have cast bodies - meaning I would not attempt to adjust them for fear of breaking and that they are tough as nails.  The 100/150 are forged bodies.  Thankfully my set is all 150s except the 5i 🙂 

Thanks for the replies. Its good to be able to adjust them but it can be bad because if you have a loft/lie machine and are a tinkerer, you might spend too much time messing with them 🙂 

1 minute ago, ajlacombe said:

I think the T200 and T350 have cast bodies - meaning I would not attempt to adjust them for fear of breaking and that they are tough as nails.  The 100/150 are forged bodies.  Thankfully my set is all 150s except the 5i 🙂 

... This is a common misconception. Forged or cast has nothing to do with how bendable an iron is and the only thing that matters is the kind of metal used. Cast 17-4 stainless is a very hard metal and tough to bend, but cast 431 is softer and most definitely bendable without any issues. The most popular carbon steel used in iron construction is cast 8620 used in most wedges and easily bendable. It is more durable than 1020/25/30 that bends easier but again is also less durable. I am sure the fact that 8620 is much cheaper has nothing to do with these OEM decisions. 😇 

14 minutes ago, chisag said:

... This is a common misconception. Forged or cast has nothing to do with how bendable an iron is and the only thing that matters is the kind of metal used. Cast 17-4 stainless is a very hard metal and tough to bend, but cast 431 is softer and most definitely bendable without any issues. The most popular carbon steel used in iron construction is cast 8620 used in most wedges and easily bendable. It is more durable than 1020/25/30 that bends easier but again is also less durable. I am sure the fact that 8620 is much cheaper has nothing to do with these OEM decisions. 😇 

Not to be argumentative, but if you look at this article and see the chart comparing casting and forging, the first item on Structural Integrity is a good description why I feel that forging is easier to bend than casting.  Or maybe I should say more reliably bent. The more porous the end product is, the more likely you are going to have a gap in the area of the bend which can lead to breakage. 

Edited by ajlacombe

27 minutes ago, ajlacombe said:

Not to be argumentative

... Kinda like "no offense intended" 😉  I have been bending clubs for over 25 years and I have no idea what engineering machine parts are like, but I do know irons. There is absolutely no difference at all when bending cast 8620 and forged 8620. One can certainly argue the grain structure after forging creates a denser 8620 that may or may not have any influence on how a wedge performs. Personally, I gave up paying attention to forged vs cast long ago.

1 minute ago, chisag said:

... Kinda like "no offense intended" 😉  I have been bending clubs for over 25 years and I have no idea what engineering machine parts are like, but I do know irons. There is absolutely no difference at all when bending cast 8620 and forged 8620. One can certainly argue the grain structure after forging creates a denser 8620 that may or may not have any influence on how a wedge performs. Personally, I gave up paying attention to forged vs cast long ago.

That was a serious comment - I am not trying to be a jerk.  I have been an engineer for over 40 years and when you said there is no difference between the casting and forging, that goes against everything with respect to the two processes that I have known for a long time since castings will have voids in the metal structure, and in my mind it has to have an effect since a void is how a break happens.

I am a hack club bender and would rather not break my clubs 🙂 That was the reason for the question.  That and I had some AP3s that were super difficult to move and my local shop would not touch them, deferring to Titleist to try and adjust them.

So how does one find out if the cast iron is OK to bend?

Today's round was much better than the 7 club round (89) yesterday. 37/38 75  today.

I started off with a double on the first hole so the round started in a funk however I hung tough.  I bogied holes #4 & #9  with birdies on #3 & #8.  Front nine is par 35 with only one par five. 

Back nine I birdied #11 & #13 with bogies on12, 16, 17, & 18. 

@chisag I changed my target line more towards the right center of the green instead of outside of the green trying to draw it back and hit some beauties. I won close up and birdied our par 3 #8. 

Oh, and my chipping was MUCH better today!  Picked up a Ping ChipR after yesterday's round, and practiced 30 minutes prior to today's round and OMG it made it so much easier. 

Today was my fourth round in the '70s since I started testing the T350 irons. Folks you need to understand that these irons are very user friendly and they make a hard game more fun. I'm absolutely giddy playing golf with these puppies. 

Stay tuned as I have one more round this week to try and shoot my age! (73)

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

1 hour ago, ajlacombe said:

That was a serious comment - I am not trying to be a jerk.  I have been an engineer for over 40 years and when you said there is no difference between the casting and forging, that goes against everything with respect to the two processes that I have known for a long time since castings will have voids in the metal structure, and in my mind it has to have an effect since a void is how a break happens.

You are correct in that statement!  I am also an engineer and my minor was Production Management.  As part of my degree program at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology), I had to take two semesters of Metallurgy (and three semesters of hands-on Machine Shop). There are certain metals, including several grades of stainless steel, plus aluminum bronze and copper, that are very much prone to porosity (a/k/a "voids") in the casting process, and are thus much more likely to break when bent or hit on a hard object like concrete.

The above being said, certain grades of steel, such as 8620 carbon steel, are quite easy to forge or cast and they tend to react very well in the casting process, making them malleable and equally easy to bend whether cast or forged.  However, this is ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE FOR ALL TYPES OF STEEL, STAINLESS OR OTHERWISE!  In this case, Sam is only partially correct, as not all (not even a majority of) cast steel clubs are easy to bend, and many grades of cast stainless steel are virtually impossible to bend without extreme force, which is more likely to induce breakage.  This is why Ping Golf has always required that any of their cast irons be sent back to the factory for bending (they also have always used some of the hardest and least-bendable stainless steel material for their cast clubheads, which is why their irons almost never go out of spec, even if they are played off of much hardpan and hit off of mats on concrete bases).

Maltby (a/k/a Golfworks) used to publish a list of clubs that were "not bendable", and believe me it was and is not a good idea to attempt to bend the irons on that list. Most times, it is because of the types of stainless steel or steel alloys used in the clubheads' construction that these clubs found a place on the "do not bend" list, but sometimes it was because of the inserts/medallions, etc. in the clubheads or the fact that the clubs were made from multiple materials that they were listed as "not to be bent".

Edited by funkyjudge

DR - Titleist TSi1 (with additional sole weight), Ventus TR Blue 5R (tipped 1/2”)

4W - Titleist TSR2, Miyazaki Kusala Mizu 7S

HYB - Sub 70 949X 21*, original HZRDUS Black 85-S shaft

7W (if played) - Titleist TSR, ACCRA TZ6 7S

Irons - Tour Edge Exotics C722, XCaliber 95-R graphite (hard-stepped)

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 47* (bent to 48*), 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100 Tour S

Putter - Evnroll Ev8

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus

Bags - Vessel / Ghost stand bags

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

Lots of short game practice has made this a strength; now the driver is causing problems!

3 hours ago, funkyjudge said:

In this case, Sam is only partially correct, as not all (not even a majority of) cast steel clubs are easy to bend, and many grades of cast stainless steel are virtually impossible to bend without extreme force, which is more likely to induce breakage.

... I must have worded it poorly. There have been plenty of cast stainless steel irons I could not bend and gave up trying. Of course I would never attempt o bend a Ping iron. OK, I did once many years ago when I first got my first LL machine and even tried heating the hosel but couldn't move them. 🤪 I thought it obvious that a hard stainless steel would not be used in a forging. My main point was using the same softer metals, there would be no difference in the ability to bend an iron or wedge and it wouldn't matter if they are cast or forged. I am sure you remember the "Form Forged" irons that were faux forged after being cast then pressed once and again easy to bend my TA1's 2* up. 

... But I am not an engineer (although I have played one on TV 😇) and have no doubt yours and ajlacombe's metal knowledge is far superior to mine. What I do know is I have never had a problem bending Titleist cast irons and wedges, which is where this conversation started. That said, my experience is limited to what I play and what my friends play as I am not a Pro Fitter or Clubmaker. Virtually all my personal irons have been forged other than a few Titeist irons like the 762B's, but plenty of my wedges have been cast and I bend them 2* up with no problems at all. I bought my first LL machine when I was on staff and received my set of irons from Titleist and I was hitting the 7 and 8 very close to the same distance. When measured, they were the same loft as the 8i was stronger than stated spec and the 7 iron weaker. Figured if I wanted my irons to be the correct specs, I should learn to bend them myself. 

5 hours ago, ajlacombe said:

I am a hack club bender and would rather not break my clubs 🙂 That was the reason for the question.  That and I had some AP3s that were super difficult to move and my local shop would not touch them, deferring to Titleist to try and adjust them.

So how does one find out if the cast iron is OK to bend?

... I think we were talking around each other and I didn't think you were being a jerk at all. Like I said, in my experience 8620 cast or forged will bend just as easily. AP3's are a whole other iron and metal of course and like I said to Doug, my bending experience is mostly Players Irons that are almost always a softer metal and usually forged. Most of my wedges have been 8620 and most of them cast and I never had a problem bending them 2* rather easily.

... As for the question of which cast irons are OK to bend, OEMs will have guidelines and even an hourly customer service rep should have info on how much you can bend their irons. So when in doubt give them a call or shoot them an email. 

13 hours ago, chisag said:

... I think we were talking around each other and I didn't think you were being a jerk at all. Like I said, in my experience 8620 cast or forged will bend just as easily. AP3's are a whole other iron and metal of course and like I said to Doug, my bending experience is mostly Players Irons that are almost always a softer metal and usually forged. Most of my wedges have been 8620 and most of them cast and I never had a problem bending them 2* rather easily.

... As for the question of which cast irons are OK to bend, OEMs will have guidelines and even an hourly customer service rep should have info on how much you can bend their irons. So when in doubt give them a call or shoot them an email. 

Very cool - thanks for the info.  Always fun learning new stuff.

It's that time...wrap up time...I had a nice day on the executive course I grew up playing and hit some really good shots and some not so good shots.  +2 for a fun little walk in some gorgeous sun.  Hope you guys have a good day.

• PING G400 LST Mitsubishi Tensei White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

32 minutes ago, ole gray said:

She pulled out my 4 hybrid and whacked the heck out of it!  Her eyes turned bigger than a country boy at a cornbread eating contest. She smiled and said these are mine. I said honeychild you can have them after I kick the bucket. 😁

... Christmas present solved. 😇

Providing Mother Nature cooperates, I will be getting out for my 7 Titleist club round tomorrow. Right now the plan is have 4 utility thru PW + putter in the bag. Although pending how things go in the morning, there may be a surprise guest joining them… Feeling curious yet? Tune in tomorrow to find out!

WITB:

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

Summing up yesterdays iron-only round before my final review.

I’ve attached a copy of the scorecard…it’s much better as an irons course as you can see from the yardages.  I shot +3 with one birdie.  I’ve never broken par here and despite its length, its remained a formidable test for me.

Par, Par, Bogey, Bogey, Birdie, Bogey, Par, Par, Bogey

IMG_0379.jpeg

• PING G400 LST Mitsubishi Tensei White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

@Ben Joest hell of a round!  As someone who can't hit a driver to save my life, I rely on my iron play.  

Would it make it much easier to score better if I could hit the dang thing...... absolutely, but your round kind of shows that it can be done hitting the irons well.

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Just now, jdparker said:

@Ben Joest hell of a round!  As someone who can't hit a driver to save my life, I rely on my iron play.  

Would it make it much easier to score better if I could hit the dang thing...... absolutely, but your round kind of shows that it can be done hitting the irons well.

Thanks JD! 

While the irons were as solid and dependable as I have come to expect them to be. The Ping hybrid I just added to the bag today was otherworldly. Straight reliable distance every time. It has me seriously wondering why I play driver at all. 😜

The answer for me,  of course, is the one out of three drives I hit that goes 300+ and reminds me why I keep it around. We won’t talk about the other two though. 😁

WITB:

6 minutes ago, Ben Joest said:

Thanks JD! 

While the irons were as solid and dependable as I have come to expect them to be. The Ping hybrid I just added to the bag today was otherworldly. Straight reliable distance every time. It has me seriously wondering why I play driver at all. 😜

The answer for me,  of course, is the one out of three drives I hit that goes 300+ and reminds me why I keep it around. We won’t talk about the other two though. 😁

I know!  Except my driver is 1 out of 8.  I like my hybrid off the tee and my 3 wood has been good for me as well.  But I did just take my first lesson so I'm hoping I can get it back in the bag finally. Lol

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Coming Soon…

As my testing period wraps up, I am starting to put together my thoughts in the final review format. While there is a ton of data to comb through, the performance of these irons cannot be denied. As a bit of a teaser, you’ll want to check this review out, as one conclusion in particular surprised me. Stay tuned.

Lastly, if there are questions or things you all would like to ask or see, please let us know!

WITB:

My last three rounds were all at the league Team Cup event at the Hammock Beach resort. (Great place for golf. Course conditions beat PGA National hands down, for less than 1/2 the price per round - just sayin'). 

The first two rounds were partner rounds, best ball and alternate shot respectively. So, I didn't keep detailed stats for either round.

Saturday morning four-ball was tough. I was struggling with a bad pull during warmup, and that eroded my confidence once we got on the course. It took me a bit to get going, epecially off the tees. Once I started hitting the ball in play though, the irons continued to come through. Wierdly enough, it's the longer clubs that are showing the biggest improvement. The 6i, 5i and 4h all earned their money during the round, but my partner and I just had too much ground to make up after the early struggles, and we lost 3 and 2. Shot of that round was a 180 yard hybrid, into the wind, at an uphill green that gave me a chip and putt par, while the rest of the foursome all missed the green and had much more challenging up-and-down opportunities. 

Round two was a bit better, even though my partner and I didn't have time (due to tee time intervals) to talk too much about strategy. So, even though I struggled a bit with my irons in the morning, I was left as the tee-shot player on three of the four par 3s. This time I was paired with a player who has a very similar game to my own, so it was easy for us to ham-and-egg our way around a few missed shots. I was a bit sharper all around, but hit I think 6/9 GIR on my approach shot holes. Shot of the round this time was a 146 yard 8 iron that landed middle green and rolled down the slope to give us a good look at a back left pin. That shot put us in position to win that hole and take the match 3 and 2.

consvtrycard.jpg.f6cfb5adba177e63e50cccfbd4e02cf7.jpg

This was my singles match score card, on the more challenging Conservatory course (absolutely fantastic btw). I had the one bad four hole stretch where my entire swing took a vacation. The rest of the round, iron play and putting had me out-pacing my opponent. I had 4 GIR on each side and a bit better than my normal share of up-and-down pars. Again, I putted really well, so every one of those 8 GIR turned into a par or better. Notable shots were a 185 yard hybrid from a flower bed lie that set me up for a hole winning par/net birdie on number 7. Then, on number 10, I nailed a 5 iron to 20 feet to set up another par/net birdie that gave me a 3-up lead thru 10. The next four holes got the match back to even up though. 15th was a 9 iron GIR that I won with a conceded par. 16 should have been a playbook par, but I had my only 3 putt of the day at a bad time and lost that hole to a par. 17 was an uphill par 3 that both of us missed a bit short and I made a clutch putt for par to take a one-up lead to the 18th tee. My tee shot on the par 5 18th was in the fairway but the green complex did not warrant attacking it in two with a one up lead. I made a nice layup with a 7-iron that I didn't strike well, but the forgiveness factor of the T200s sent the ball to just about it's intended landing area anyway. Same for the PW approach shot from there that left me a nice little uphill 9 footer. The match was conceded before I got a chance to putt though, but I did clean up the par to make it academic, and won 2-up.

So out of those three rounds I saw an increase my GIR average increase from 4-6/round to 7 per round. If I look back at all three of those score cards and throw in my weekend prior's 77 (😲) where I hit 10 GIR, I've got 4 out of 8 nines carded under 40. I haven't seen numbers and scores like that since more of my hair was brown than gray. Needless to say it has been a welcome change.

As I am crafting my final review over the next couple of days, you can expect the play-it or trade-it line to read PLAY IT!!

As usual, this testing experience has been a lot of fun. This group of testers certainly made sure of that through both this thread and the private message chat. Look for the final review maybe late tonight or on Monday. I'll also try to update the thread with one more irons only round now that I've gotten the feel for them to maybe see what they can really do.

Driver:  :PXG: 311XF Gen5, Tensei CK Pro Orange, S flex

Fariway:  :PXG: 311XF Gen6 3-Wood, Tensei Blue 55g R flex

Hybrid:   :PXG: 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

:titleist-small: TSR2 4H, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 2023, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester), 5-GW

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

On 8/14/2023 at 11:44 AM, Ben Joest said:

The averages shown below show my concerns over this being too big of a loft gap proved unfounded. However, as this is the blend point for this set, nowhere is it more apparent that what is gained (distance & forgiveness) in the T200 line, is done so at the expense of feel. The T150 irons are among the best feeling irons I have hit. Where as the T150 8 iron feels fantastic, the T200 7 iron feels muted by comparison. The chart below shows the performance of the 7 iron is there, but the feel isn’t the same. So much so, that I will be ordering a T150 7 iron to swap out with the T200. The 5 & 6 are clubs that I traditionally struggle with, so the loss of feel isn’t as jarring, in the interest of consistent performance.

Something that will appear in my review as well regarding the feel of the new T200s. Comparing them directly to their orignal T200 ancestors the feel of the new ones is as you say, "muted". That's not to say they don't give good feel feedback, it's just not as harsh on the mis-hits as with the prior generation.

Driver:  :PXG: 311XF Gen5, Tensei CK Pro Orange, S flex

Fariway:  :PXG: 311XF Gen6 3-Wood, Tensei Blue 55g R flex

Hybrid:   :PXG: 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

:titleist-small: TSR2 4H, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 2023, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester), 5-GW

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

16 hours ago, Ben Joest said:

My final review of the T150/T200 blended set is now up. One more time I offer a profound and sincere thanks to MyGolfSpy and Titleist for the opportunity to test these irons. 

Great review @Ben Joest 😎

Hope that you have continued success with these irons, even if you do eventually decide to change the shafts. 👍

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

Really enjoyed the final review @Ben Joest! I'm glad to hear the Titleist irons are working out for you and they're going to be staying in the bag. It'll be interesting to hear how getting the T-150 7 iron will improve your gapping. 

Good job, my friend!