*** Unofficial Review *** MR Golf Driving Cage 10x10x10ft, Golf Hitting Cage w/Ball Return System

Looks good! I will echo above, I like that it is shank proof. Interested in hearing more thoughts on it as you start to get some swings in.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

1 hour ago, StrokerAce said:

Nice job! Your wife and mine would get along well - she also thinks I sometimes choose the hard way. 🤣

This is nicer than some of the nets I've seen at courses that don't have a range. Look forward to see how it holds up in the weather. I like the fact it's pretty much shank-proof. 

Ha!  Probably so.  

It seems to be pretty good quality and I liked that it came with a second net for the back.  The side nets are perfect, especially because the wife and son really want to start learning.  

1 hour ago, TSauer said:

Looks good! I will echo above, I like that it is shank proof. Interested in hearing more thoughts on it as you start to get some swings in.

For sure!  The wife has decided she wants to do a full deck from the bottom of our stairs all the way to the net instead of just the hitting platform which will keep dirty feet off the mat as well.  

Titleist GT3 11* Tensei 1k blue

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

Vokey SM9 Wedges 50* 54* 58*

DF2.1 Putter

Awesome write up. One think I want on mine is the shank netting!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

8 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Awesome write up. One think I want on mine is the shank netting!

I'll have to find the link but they sell just the shank netting. 

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

This looks fantastic! How far off the fence are you? Any chance of impacting that and damaging it?

For under 400, that's a great deal! Considering pop-up style hitting tents run around 100-150, and are not high quality materials, and have to be taken down and storesld, then setup frequently!

Do they provide a replacement warranty of any kind for the netting?

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Looks awesome, while everybody else is worried about shanking, I would be worried about pulling my swings. That part of the net would get tested out very well 😂

Edited by Michael.Sandoval33
Shanking*

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max 10.5°

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 25°, :titleist-small: Tsi2 21°

4i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM10 - 50° 12f, 54° 14f, 58° 14k

Putter:  :mizuno-small: M.Craft Type VI

Ball: :vice: Pro Air

Bag: Ghost Golf Maverick 14-Way 

Glove: Nexgen Nano-X Pro Tour+

1 hour ago, Rob Person said:

This looks fantastic! How far off the fence are you? Any chance of impacting that and damaging it?

For under 400, that's a great deal! Considering pop-up style hitting tents run around 100-150, and are not high quality materials, and have to be taken down and storesld, then setup frequently!

Do they provide a replacement warranty of any kind for the netting?

Currently it's only about 10in or so off the fence. It will come out another 6-8in.

I'll have to look when I get home on the warranty, but I want to say it may have been a year. 

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

That looks good @Josh Parker! I love that it comes with the safety nets on the side to corral the occasional wayward shots. 

As @Rob Personstated, that's not a bad price for everything that's included if you compare it to some of the other nets or on the market.

I can't wait to hear the full rundown on the hitting area. 

Did you use the ball return risers on the bottom rails?

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

24 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Did you use the ball return risers on the bottom rails?

The net itself is designed to return the golf balls and then it has straps that attach to the bottom rail and get shorter as it gets to the front of the net

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

30 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

The net itself is designed to return the golf balls and then it has straps that attach to the bottom rail and get shorter as it gets to the front of the net

Ahhh.  I see it now on the last pic.  Stupid old age eyes... duh!

The first pic looked like they had a second  bar connected to risers to elevate the back part of the floor netting.

WITB-

1 minute ago, Rob Person said:

Ahhh.  I see it now on the last pic.  Stupid old age eyes... duh!

The first pic looked like they had a second  bar connected to risers to elevate the back part of the floor netting.

The stock photo looks slightly different.  

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

5 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

@Josh ParkerThis is looking pretty darn good. I like the sandbags to sit on the bottom frame. With the ball return feature the sandbags will never come into play. I would definitely tie off the back top corners to the fence or stake it to the ground somehow. It will help any wind from bending the upper part of the frame. 

Do you think the frame is as strong compared to doing one out of EMT conduit? 

I have an 8 x 12 cement pad next to my shed doing nothing and this looks very interesting. I have a spare hitting mat. I do have a simulator in my garage that has heat and A/C. Why do I want to do this, I don't know. But that's why I'm a golf nut. Always looking for something to do golf related.   

We have sand bags ready to be filled and put on the bottom frame. Just need to finish the deck area and head down to the lake to fill the bags with rock.  Currently it is strapped at all 4 corners. 

I think the EMT is probably a touch thicker but not by much.  It has about a 4 in overlap between sections and I don't think stability will be an issue. 

The nice thing is, the wife and I can move it pretty easily and if I had to take it down, could take apart pretty quick. 

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

I love these. I got the basically the same cage minus the side nets. I’ll be following yours and @Lacassem lead when I get ready to do my garage build and starting a thread for myself as well. 

It's been a lot of fun.  Of course the project keeps growing and once I'm able to do the addition to the house it will change again. Haha

We are going to add a sun shade tarp from the patio to the back fence so that during summer we will have some shade back there but that has been on the agenda since the end of this summer. Blocks out about 70% of the sun. 

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

This is going to be fun, because we are moving end of February and finally have a massive yard which I plan to do something similar!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

This is going to be fun, because we are moving end of February and finally have a massive yard which I plan to do something similar!

It's been a fun little project that has turned into a large project. Haha. But the wife puts up with my golf habits so I better build it the way she wants it. 

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

Looks awesome! A couple things that I would offer up for help with having things outdoors with nets:

1) I don't know how hard your dirt is, but as an owner of several trampolines that have taken flight in high wind events, I HIGHLY recommend buying some helical screw anchors to secure your frame to instead of sandbags. I haven't used these specific ones that I am linking, just the ones with the fixed eyelet on the top that sometimes require a lawnmower blade replacement. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Vortex-16-in-Steel-Folding-Ring-Spiral-Anchor-4-Pack-ANCFR16-ORG-R/307634214  I just threw a cheap ratchet strap around the frame and secure it to the eye, then cut off the excess 12' of strap. I haven't had a trampoline fly away on me in three years.

2) Also high wind event related - my trampoline nets turn into a boat sail when the wind blows, and has bent the support bars and base legs several times. I ended up replacing the velcro and 550 cord fastening system with grommets and carabiners connected to an eye bolt drilled through the post so that I can take it down quickly when the weather turns to crap. Might be something to take a look into as I know for a fact  that the only thing that blows harder in Texas than the Cowboys in the playoffs is the wind.

Titleist TSR3 // Tensei 1K Black 65g

Titleist TSR3 3W 15* // HZRDOUS Black 70g

Titleist U505 2i // HZRDOUS Black 85g

Taylormade P770 4-PW // Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 105g

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*

Callaway JAWS Raw 54* / 58*

Taylormade Spider GTX Single Bend Splitback / Ping Zing 2

Titleist ProV1 // Srixon Z-Star XV (Depending on how much money I want to lose any given swing)

24 minutes ago, taylorjonasher said:

Looks awesome! A couple things that I would offer up for help with having things outdoors with nets:

1) I don't know how hard your dirt is, but as an owner of several trampolines that have taken flight in high wind events, I HIGHLY recommend buying some helical screw anchors to secure your frame to instead of sandbags. I haven't used these specific ones that I am linking, just the ones with the fixed eyelet on the top that sometimes require a lawnmower blade replacement. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Vortex-16-in-Steel-Folding-Ring-Spiral-Anchor-4-Pack-ANCFR16-ORG-R/307634214  I just threw a cheap ratchet strap around the frame and secure it to the eye, then cut off the excess 12' of strap. I haven't had a trampoline fly away on me in three years.

2) Also high wind event related - my trampoline nets turn into a boat sail when the wind blows, and has bent the support bars and base legs several times. I ended up replacing the velcro and 550 cord fastening system with grommets and carabiners connected to an eye bolt drilled through the post so that I can take it down quickly when the weather turns to crap. Might be something to take a look into as I know for a fact  that the only thing that blows harder in Texas than the Cowboys in the playoffs is the wind.

I plan on trying to put in a couple anchors but we sit right on limestone and I doubt it will go in.  We pulled up the "grass" yesterday and it was literally just the piece of sod.  

I have thought of doing this so that it could be taken down quickly if needed but haven't figured out exactly how yet.  

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

The buildout is looking great! 

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter: LABLogo_25px.png.d348c70a35f07dfed1742feb45210a2f.png DF3 OFFICIAL MEMBER REVIEW HERE ‘24

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

41 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

I plan on trying to put in a couple anchors but we sit right on limestone and I doubt it will go in.  We pulled up the "grass" yesterday and it was literally just the piece of sod.  

I have thought of doing this so that it could be taken down quickly if needed but haven't figured out exactly how yet.  

You can always get a masonry drill bit and drill right into the limestone and use expanding anchor bolts. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:vice: Irons, Vice VGI01 Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex (6 - PW)

:vice: VGW01, 50 Degree. Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex, 

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

Putter, Sacks Parente Drac Center Shafted 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

looks great and for only $380 thats a good price 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

25 minutes ago, jbern said:

The buildout is looking great! 

Thanks!  

14 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

You can always get a masonry drill bit and drill right into the limestone and use expanding anchor bolts. 

This is very true. I have 2 4x4 post on the fence that I was planning on strapping to as well. And I think my plan is to run the decking just over the front lip of the cage to hold the front down. May take some clamps and attach to the framing. 

4 minutes ago, Nolan220 said:

looks great and for only $380 thats a good price 

Yeah with everything it came with it seemed like a good deal. 

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

WOW. I really like the detail level that goes into some of the reviews and projects here. This is a great example of the quality put into some of the projects and reviews by folks here that make this site and forums so worth being on.

• Driver - Ping G400 9°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 65 gr. 
  • FW - TM M3 3-wood 15°, Project-X HZRDUS Red 6.0 75 gr. mid-spin
  • Hybrid - TM M4 19°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 85 gr. HY 
  • Irons - TM P790, 3-PW, Oban CT-115, PXG 311 P Gen 6
  • Wedges - Mizuno T20 Ion blue 52/9 & 56/14, N.S. Pro Modus3 S-flex
  • Putter - Evnroll ER2 Garsen Max grip
  • Getting a grip - oversize Winn DryTacs and Bionic gloves
  • Ball - ProV1, AVX, Maxfli Tour, PXG
  • Bag(s)/cart - Vessel Player III Rovic RV1S and Alphard V2