Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

12 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Hey just wondering... Do you even need the top strap?

Almost looks like your tube bracket may be enough to keep the bag in place .. I'm thinking if the strap is cinched too tight maybe it's squeezing the clubs..?

Yes and no.  The strap is positioned on the bag collar, above the actual soft material,  so it's not squeezing the bag.  I am going to pickup a velcro cinch strap, and try that as well.

Yes the posts secure the bag for the tilt and side to sidemovements, but the strap is a safety measure in case it tips. 

I suppose I could use a butterfly backed swivel/ring bolt on the pvs uprights and use a smaller bungee to secure across the bag neck too.

That's a problem I have, just when I think it works well, I need to try to improve/change it... 🤪 

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Played Yesterday and it was absolute the worse round I have had this year.. GARBAGE all around. 
Need a break from golf.

image.png.e76d43c85fdfdc61f6ead23583f92248.png

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Terra Forza White Shaft
3 -Wood Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag
TESTED: Terra Forza Shaft 

Posted (edited)

IMG_8816.jpg.bf35986f128f36e009873e485cfa0a6b.jpg

Got out to the Serradella course at Lakewood Shores in Oscoda, MI.  Fair amount of room for my occasional wandering drives.
Beautiful Saturday afternoon 9 after working like a dog all morning.

IMG_8817.jpg.02d678094ad03ca92abd3df1e28e8d6c.jpg

We were able to sneak out on Sunday morning on the back 9 of Red Hawk in Tawas, MI
More hills, more water, tighter (but still fair) fairways.
Another beautiful day in northeast Michigan.  2 blow up holes played, rest of the round went mostly to very well. 

@MrBandit  I think Joe Paterno used to tell his teams
“You're never as good as you think you are when you win; and you're never as bad as you feel when you lose.”

Edited by ZJeb67

Driver - Stix Compete
7W - :ping-small: G5
9W - :callaway-small: Big Bertha War Bird
5H/SW - :callaway-small:Edge 
6H - :ping-small: G15
5-PW - :macgregor-small: MT-86 OS
56 - Kirkland Signature 
Putter - :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro

37 minutes ago, ZJeb67 said:

I think Joe Paterno used to tell his teams
“You're never as good as you think you are when you win; and you're never as bad as you feel when you lose.”

I've heard many variations of this quote, usually something along the lines of "You're never as good as you are on your best day or as bad as you are on your worst day."

WITB

Calloway Hyper X Driver TaylorMade SIM2 Max D

Paradym 3-wood

Ping G430 3-hybrid

Ping G430 4-PW

Ping 50, 54, 58 wedges

Old ass putter from my old bag TP Hydro Blast Soto

Probably my worst day playing. Played about 20 rounds this month  and likely exhausted from overplaying.  Didn’t really feel it today.  Made the best out of it and used 3 woods and hybrids off the tee instead of irons and driver 

Had left handed clubs to chip with and played with a broomstick putter.  I find that playing the same course over and over isn’t that simulating. Will be rotating and not play the same course twice over this season 

8 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Played 18 this am and it was HOT.  Shot a 78 and couldn’t buy a birdie despite 7 good looks inside 10 feet.  I’m glad I walked…to get some steps in…and the middle of the round became a little bit difficult.  Hit some good shots, made some good swings and one of those I caught on video for our own @GolfSpy_SHARK who understands my love hate of the U505.  I was fortunate that this was a highlight of my day.  

I put my 505 2i in play off of 4 tees yesterday and I love it!

Titleist TSR3 // Tensei 1K Black 65g

Titleist TSR3 3W 15* // HZRDOUS Black 70g

Titleist U505 2i // HZRDOUS Black 85g

Taylormade P770 4-PW // Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 105g

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*

Callaway JAWS Raw 54* / 58*

Taylormade Spider GTX Single Bend Splitback / Ping Zing 2

Titleist ProV1 // Srixon Z-Star XV (Depending on how much money I want to lose any given swing)

3 hours ago, IndyBonzo said:

Also, the LAB DF2.1 is a work in progress.  The roll is unquestionably better than my old gamer.  I am making more one putts and more long putts.  But I also am making more three putts b/c I am very much still learning distance control with it.  Those stats are improving, however, so I am optimistic.

This really is the only issue that plagues L.A.B. Users.  Once you learn your pace it’s a different game.  Hope it works out well!

7 minutes ago, taylorjonasher said:

I put my 505 2i in play off of 4 tees yesterday and I love it!

Once it’s dialed in, my goodness it’s good.  Nice to hear it working for you Taylor.

• PING G400 LST Mitsubishi Tensei White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

On 5/18/2024 at 7:13 PM, Josh Parker said:

The greens were legit!  Fast and depending on grain, really moved. I putted well.  It was not knowing the course that killed me. 

Played out there a bunch when I was living in ATX. It’s a big time track. You can know that place like the back of your hand and it will still beat you up. I idolized Freddie Couples before my first loop around Twin Creeks from the tips. After that I decided he was a masochist.

Almost all of the par 3s are borderline unfair. I’ve shot some low numbers out there but def had more stinkers. Based on how I was playing, the highlight/lowlight of my round was always the turkeys on the back 9. It was either “hey - the turkeys are cheering for me” _or_ “those turkeys are clearly laughing at me - they’re lucky it’s not closer to Thanksgiving”.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

2 minutes ago, downlowkey said:

Played out there a bunch when I was living in ATX. It’s a big time track. You can know that place like the back of your hand and it will still beat you up. I idolized Freddie Couples before my first loop around Twin Creeks from the tips. After that I decided he was a masochist.

Almost all of the par 3s are borderline unfair. I’ve shot some low numbers out there but def had more stinkers. Based on how I was playing, the highlight/lowlight of my round was always the turkeys on the back 9. It was either “hey - the turkeys are cheering for me” _or_ “those turkeys are clearly laughing at me - they’re lucky it’s not closer to Thanksgiving”.

Some tough holes on the back 9 for sure!  The par 3 at the top of the hill with a blind tee shot was tough.  

It's the harder version of Crystal Falls. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

23 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Congratulations on the PB!

Thank you Rob!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

On 5/19/2024 at 7:51 PM, William P said:

Had a great time on the course today with @RoverRick at the Sulpher Springs CC.

Shot a new personal best since returning to the game last Spring.  37 front, 39 back for 76,  13/14 FIR,  11/18 GIR, 34 Putts.

My putting still leaves a lot to be desired but slowly improving...

Congrats… We definitely won’t be in the same flight if we ever get to play together.

42 minutes ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

Congrats… We definitely won’t be in the same flight if we ever get to play together.

I am hoping it continues to come together and I can remain consistent. Could always team up for a scramble or better yet just a nice round of golf competing with the elements and the course... 🙃

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

Played my home course Leasowe last night, very up and down, play 20.3 handicap so slope rating means I get 23 shots, got a midweek stableford tomorrow so nice warmup, need to work on my consistency as I now know I can play around the course pretty well.Scorecard.jpg.45fc562497bb241f999202f521c8b11f.jpg

P.J.Marshall

PING G425 MAX 9°

TaylorMade M2 (2017) 3 wood

TaylorMade M2 (2017) 3 Hybrid

Stealth Irons 4-PW

Callaway Jaws Raw 48,52,58

Odyssey 2 Ball Blade (currently looking at other putters)

Either Srixon AD333 or TM Tour Response Stripe

Callaway Chev carry and trolley bag

Ben Sayers Electric Trolley 

My friend had a doctor appointment today so we got off very early and played six holes.
That worked out really well for me too since I'm just coming off the DL (as we used to say).

I EAGLED a very short par 5 which stimulated my physical "recovery" nicely.
Big intentional banana slice off the tee shortened the hole more.
9-wood to inside of eight feet.
One putt that dallied on the rim and then decided to drop.

I'm playing modern equipment on a 6000 yardish Donald Ross course than opened in 1906.
Know your own level, I always say!

I played at the Pointe Golf Club in Powells Pointe North Carolina recently and shot a 104. I have been working on getting better with the driver and did fairly well hitting 260-285 yards consistently and staying on the fairway. I have an issue with one part of my game falling off when i am working on another. I could not chip or putt to save my life on the front 9. I started to put it together on the back 9 shooting a 46 (which is good for me). This is the the beginning of my 2nd year playing so any tips to not let one part of my game slip while fixing another would be appreciated. 

Driver- Ping 425

Woods- Ping 425 3 wood,  Calloway Ai Smoke 7 Wood 

Irons- Ping 425 5i-PW,  Ping iCrossover 3i

Wedges- Cleveland CBX-4 56, Volkey SM9 60 

Putter- Odyssey White Hot Versa 3T S SL Putter

Had a fun round with my uncle at his club yesterday afternoon.

always a beautful course, greens are so tough here but so fun. Course was in great shape.

Went +13 with a ton of pars, but a ton of doubles as well 🤦‍♂️. I was very happy with the overall game just caught some unlucky breaks and burned edges of cups all afternoon.

Had my first 300 yarder of the year, I was able to hang my hat on that 😂

IMG_4072.jpeg

Perfect conditions for golf

IMG_4076.jpegIMG_4071.jpegIMG_4073.jpeg

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

20 minutes ago, Bogeys and Stogies said:

I played at the Pointe Golf Club in Powells Pointe North Carolina recently and shot a 104. I have been working on getting better with the driver and did fairly well hitting 260-285 yards consistently and staying on the fairway. I have an issue with one part of my game falling off when i am working on another. I could not chip or putt to save my life on the front 9. I started to put it together on the back 9 shooting a 46 (which is good for me). This is the the beginning of my 2nd year playing so any tips to not let one part of my game slip while fixing another would be appreciated. 

104 is always a nice day for a fifteen,
and let me tell you
than an eleven can stumble to that easy enough as well.

My game doesn't travel super well away from my comfortable home course.

260-285 drives that find the fairway are not something with which I'm familiar!
If I don't see wide open spaces for my 225-240 yard drives to land, my driving iron comes out of the bag and I'll happily hit a butt-ugly 200 yard line drive (including the roll).

33 minutes ago, RetiredBoomer said:

104 is always a nice day for a fifteen,
and let me tell you
than an eleven can stumble to that easy enough as well.

My game doesn't travel super well away from my comfortable home course.

260-285 drives that find the fairway are not something with which I'm familiar!
If I don't see wide open spaces for my 225-240 yard drives to land, my driving iron comes out of the bag and I'll happily hit a butt-ugly 200 yard line drive (including the roll).

I have been playing a lot in the last few months. My driver stays in the bag a lot because I have been using my driving Iron. I am more consistently hitting the fairway at 215-225 with that. I want to get better with the driver which I played well with this trip. The fairways were wide enough for me to feel comfortable with the driver with several dogleg rights which my slice enjoys. It is just funny that days that I hit my driver well, I cant hit irons. Days that I am hitting my Irons well, I cant hit the driver or woods. The worst part is I get a lot of birdie looks that turn into bogey or double.  

Driver- Ping 425

16 minutes ago, Bogeys and Stogies said:

It is just funny that days that I hit my driver well, I cant hit irons. Days that I am hitting my Irons well, I cant hit the driver or woods. The worst part is I get a lot of birdie looks that turn into bogey or double.  

That's not funny, B&S.
That's called "playing golf."

16 minutes ago, RetiredBoomer said:

That's not funny, B&S.
That's called "playing golf."

This is what I am slowly learning, lmao. Thank you.

Driver- Ping 425

Instead if practicing I got the itch to play nine holes this morning. Picked a course where I would have to hit similar clubs from the tees as the tournament I am playing Saturday. I will say I am glad I did as I know what I need to focus on at the range Thursday. Only pulled driver twice. Outside of a weird three putt (all within 5') my putting was stellar draining a 10' and 12' and just missing on some more. 47. Number 13 was the three putt hole as well as hitting a ball OB with an 8i on a shank. 15 I tried to play safe off the tee with my UW and shanked it into red stakes.

image.png.0dce4b05741b49becb6ea3e832e99629.png

image.png.e79e75ecef53123642347e5249e4df14.png

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :kbs: TD Cat 4 60g 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with :kbs: PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with:kbs: Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter::L.A.B.:Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  :Snell: Prime 4.0

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

Glove: :redrooster:

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

I shot even at my home course, which is a difficult Jack Nicklaus Par 3 Course. Unfortunately, my brother birdied four of his last five to beat me by one lol

WITB
Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST D 

3 Wood: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue St D

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max

5-PW: :taylormade-small: P7MC

52*, 56*, and 60*: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 Nickel w/Custom USA 🇺🇸 Paint Fills

Putter: Sacks Parente Custom Series 54 Mid-Sized White 1 Stripe - Center

Got off work early enough to play a full round on my home course. It's probably just mental, but I always play better when I dress nicer. If I'm in a tank top and just winging it I play ok, but put on golf gear and be serious and I shot an Even par 71! Had my 9 yr old girl driving MD around. I missed some very make able birdies, lipped out a couple pars or I would've broke 70 again for the 2nd time this year!!!!! 20240521_173748.jpg.3abfb503f45b6429b1d0736d54c1cadb.jpg

Scott J

PXG Driver, AP2 irons, Cleveland wedges and Odyssey white ice 2.0