TESTERS ANNOUNCED: Graphite Design Tour AD Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Drove an hour and a half to play with a couple buddies on a course that we had never played.

The course - lots of hills, blind shots, water in unlikely locations, etc. but we all liked the conditions of the course and would do better after getting to know it.

The weather - started at 46*, cloudy, and windy. Ended at 74*, sunny, still windy. I don't have the ability to layer for that and still swing a golf club!

I wound up at 93, but put 3 balls in water that I didn't know existed, so didn't feel too bad. I will do better next time!

Oh yeah - they aerated the greens early this week, so putting was like playing chinese checkers...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Played like I'd never swung a club before, it was ugly.

My wife's Uncle clued me in on something I was doing and I started to hit the ball well the last few holes.

I WILL NOT reveal the score but he played bad as well and kicked my arse.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Played like I'd never swung a club before, it was ugly.

My wife's Uncle clued me in on something I was going and I started to hit the ball well the last few holes.

I WILL NOT reveal the score but he played bad as well and kicked my arse.

It's some kind of disease that's going around.  I had it on Wednesday.  I was walking with the guys, and quit after #11 (because the green was near the parking lot and my car).  I just couldn't see grooving mistakes for 7 more holes.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

It's some kind of disease that's going around. I had it on Wednesday. I was walking with the guys, and quit after #11 (because the green was near the parking lot and my car). I just couldn't see grooving mistakes for 7 more holes.

You might win the lifetime achievement award for "Best Course Management"

It's some kind of disease that's going around. I had it on Wednesday. I was walking with the guys, and quit after #11 (because the green was near the parking lot and my car). I just couldn't see grooving mistakes for 7 more holes.

I've had a good case of this disease for the last several weeks ! [emoji78][emoji78]lol

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Well, with 16 stitches in my back from Tuesday's cyst removal, I played today and shot 41/48:89.....

KennyB, I shoulda quit after 11 as well.

The Doc said I could play IF I only swung the club at 50%.....right!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip or Tommy Armour Impact No. 3

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

A welcome (and long overdue) return to form. Played off 8 today, for the first time in 2 1/2 years. 4 over (2 each side), iron play was a bit scrappy but drove it well and putted well on recently cored, very slow greens. Managed a win in A grade, so happy with the result.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Got our yesterday for 18 after work. Was great to play with the new sticks. Very forgiving and I'm looking forward to more practice time with these clubs.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

picked up my new Sterling single length irons yesterday from the fitter.  despite the fact that it was in the 30's and the wind was howling I found a local muni to try things out on.

The perfect situation - late in the afternoon on a not-so-good-weather day at a rundown course with a bit of snow still on the ground meant I was by myself.  I didn't keep score and played 3 balls on each hole.  I was able to drop from various distances and try things out.

Hit some good shots and some not so good ones, however, this being the first set of clubs I was fit for I noticed something right away.

My 'not so good' shots were in the rough instead of OB.  This... I liked ... and attribute to getting properly fit.  

Can't wait to 'play for real' when the rest of the snow melts.  Thankfully it's in the 40's and raining this weekend so it should be gone quickly.

Driver-  Titleist  TSR3 10*
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (5i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Wilson Infinite Grant Park
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Not too good again. i did figure out that I was simply rushing my tempo with the driver (too bad that was on 15)...

Ended up shooting 43:44/87. We've had a lot of rain, so I was glad to hit my irons and wedges well in the slop. If I get the driver back under control, we'll be in business.

Not too good again. i did figure out that I was simply rushing my tempo with the driver (too bad that was on 15)...

Ended up shooting 43:44/87. We've had a lot of rain, so I was glad to hit my irons and wedges well in the slop. If I get the driver back under control, we'll be in business.

Tempo Tempo Tempo huh buddy? It has so much to do with solid contact 🏌️[emoji466]

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Well..... second 18 hole round this year ended with a bogey for 83 total. Could have easily been better, bur touch isn't there yet, and putting is just not quite there either. I will say that I'm loving the EVNRoll ER2 right now. What a great putter.... and a good investment for me. I see high 70's fairly often as the year progresses.

Taking it easy with 16 stitches in my mid back(cyst removal) so I shot a 41/44:85.

I was swinging the Triton easy and got a couple 230-240 yard drives!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip or Tommy Armour Impact No. 3

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

The sister course to my club is having a big 2-day tourney this weekend, so it's closed to members not in the tourney.  Being a member at each club gets you 1/2 off green fees at the other, so today there were a bunch of them playing at my course.  We couldn't get a tee time until 12:30 and it was slooooow; 5.5 hour round.  My wife and I played with another couple and we waited on every shot.  I've played with the guy before in my weekday walk with the guys, but my wife had never met him and it was the first time that we had met his wife.  He is about a 5 hcp and has only been playing for 6 years; his wife just started playing last year.  He was a parachute instructor for 8 years for the Army Golden Knights and a world sky diving champion for the USA.  I'm impressed!!  We had a lot of fun, except for the slow play.

Before we played, my wife and I went to our local golf store for demo days.  I didn't really want to try anything, because I really don't want to buy anything right now.  But I did stop at the Wilson tent.   :P   I really liked the Wilson D300 hybrids, and then the rep gave me the D300 driver.  That driver is very light, but I found it easy to control which is odd for me as I like a heavier club.  I also tried the Triton and it felt good too, but the D300 was just stupid straight and a much higher launch for me, which I can use.  I didn't buy it, but it's on a list... maybe one day.

However, I made a bunch of good swings at demo days, but paid for them by crapping out by my 9th hole of the day.  I struggled home with an 84 that included 3 doubles.  Made some nice putts though, so I've got that going for me... which is nice.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I played a course today that I never liked. And figured out why - we had played it a few times, and always with a guy that I don't care for. He usually gets under my skin, takes too long, and ruins things for everyone.

Played the course today, without him, and actually enjoyed it - played it fairly well too (considering I usually don't play well at all when I'm in a foul mood).

I shot a 41/44:85, which seems to be my normal range right now. And found another local course that I enjoy playing!

Today was the day, both Barbajo and MaffF were going to play 36 with me! We played 18 holes at my club, Pebble Creek; then had lunch at Steak n Shake and traveled across the Bay to The Bayou Club where we were joined by RevKev for another 18. 36 holes today. I shot a horrible 91 this morning, followed by a much better 88 on a very tough course.

Starting the day at Pebble Creek.

At The Bayou Club in the afternoon.

Matt and I goofing around.

This was a terrific day!

It was a fun day! None of us played great, each of us had moments. Matt took some money from me. :)

My start was horrible 8 over after 6! I settled into some reasonable golf after that and shot 84. 4 and 5 were forgettable, I hope.

The guys were tons better f fun, the day was beautiful and we even got to see one of the Bayou Eagles.

Driver: Taylor Made Xi10 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  R flex   - 44.25 

Fairways:  Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta CB red 65 R flex

Hybrid:  Ping G410  26 degree  Alta CB Red 70 R flex 

Irons: Ping G430  7-PW, 45, 50 Alta CB black 65 soft R flex 

Wedges:  Ping 195 S54, E58

Wedges and irons are - 1/2” and one degree flat 

Putter: Sacks Parente Duke 32.5”

Ball: Titleist Pro VI or Callaway Chrome Soft X ls

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

Today was the day, both Barbajo and MaffF were going to play 36 with me! We played 18 holes at my club, Pebble Creek; then had lunch at Steak n Shake and traveled across the Bay to The Bayou Club where we were joined by RevKev for another 18. 36 holes today. I shot a horrible 91 this morning, followed by a much better 88 on a very tough course.

attachicon.gifImage1490581698.381518.jpg

Starting the day at Pebble Creek.

attachicon.gifImage1490581765.411724.jpg

At The Bayou Club in the afternoon.

attachicon.gifImage1490581828.376139.jpg

Matt and I goofing around.

This was a terrific day!

Looks like a lot of fun!  Great to see members get together.  Reminds me that there are actual people behind this and it's more than just words on the screen.

LOVE THE CAMO SHORTS Barbajo !!!  the snakes will never see you.   :lol: 

Woods-

Ball- Maxfli Tour X

Looks like a lot of fun! Great to see members get together. Reminds me that there are actual people behind this and it's more than just words on the screen.

LOVE THE CAMO SHORTS Barbajo !!! the snakes will never see you. :lol:

They worked so well that my game

Couldn't even see me for most of the day [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Day started early - left my hotel in Orlando at 5;45 AM to drive down to Tampa to play Pebble Creak with MattF and Foz. Wound up tailgating Matt for the last couple of miles...

IMG_2837.JPG

Great day of golf and friendship - and it's good to see Rev up and about after his heart procedure!

IMG_2847.JPG

Finally got back to my hotel around 10:00 pm. Now it's time for the Trainer's Conference.

Thanks for a great day of golf gentlemen - it was, as we say in Minnesota, a "hoot."

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

sounds like a long day but also a fantastic one!  Hope you can make it out my way again this year.

Woods-

Ball- Maxfli Tour X

sounds like a long day but also a fantastic one! Hope you can make it out my way again this year.

Looks like we'll be out there permanently by September. Been in MN for 22 years, but it's time to go home....

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I don't really have any photo's to share of our day yesterday that haven't already been posted...but, it really was a fantastic day.

I played like the hack I am with some flashes of brilliance here and there. Put the wood to the guns on the par 5 10th with a birdie, putting from on top of a ridge, sliding it along the top and down into the heart of the hole.

Rev said it would be an adventure putt and I drained it, just to let them know I can play a little bit...sometimes. :D

Hit Foz's Triton...if I had the money I could easily see that replacing the Mizuno. Longest and straightest driver I've hit.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Day 2 of the tournament at the sister course of my club.  Still lots of people crossing over to fill up the course.  We got off a little earlier and the round only took a little over 4 hours to play instead of the 5.5 hours on Saturday.  I was off to a good start with +3 on the front, but two doubles on the back killed the round; shot 82.  To quote a former PGA star...  "I'm close!"

NICE PUTT!

When you hit the Triton on the button did it sound like 2 trash cans smashing into each other.  I was at an expo and it was LOUD! 

Woods-

Ball- Maxfli Tour X

Played in a small Blitz @ Brackenridge Park Golf course, took 4th with a carded 77.

20170325_085734_resized.jpg

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

NICE PUTT!

When you hit the Triton on the button did it sound like 2 trash cans smashing into each other.  I was at an expo and it was LOUD! 

Thank you.

It's certainly unique. But, if all of my drives were like what I hit yesterday, I could learn to love it!

In the bag:

Bag: 

NICE PUTT!

When you hit the Triton on the button did it sound like 2 trash cans smashing into each other. I was at an expo and it was LOUD!

This was the first time I've ever heard the Triton in the wild - sound was nothing. It's a different sound from most other drivers, but I don't think I'd described it as loud.

Sometimes those loud things take on a life of their own on the internet. Some guy posted some where that it was so loud his "ears were ringing." Seriously????

It IS a distinct sound, but outside, where it matters, it's not what I'd call loud.

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

This was the first time I've ever heard the Triton in the wild - sound was nothing. It's a different sound from most other drivers, but I don't think I'd described it as loud.

Sometimes those loud things take on a life of their own on the internet. Some guy posted some where that it was so loud his "ears were ringing." Seriously????

It IS a distinct sound, but outside, where it matters, it's not what I'd call loud.

Anything like the old Callaway FTi square driver? If I remember right, that thing had a special sound all its own.

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

I took it for a test drive at Demo Days last Saturday and I thought it was fine.  Of course we were hitting range balls.  I'm not fond of loud drivers, but I'd play the Triton.