Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Shot a 91 at Raccoon Creek Golf Course from the Whites (~6000yds). Really tried to score on some easy holes but I ended the day with a handful of bogeys and a couple doubles. My putting (2.7 avg) and driving (<25% fairways) are really losing me strokes. Still shot around my handicap but I really want to drop my average score to somewhere in the mid-80s

Edited by invee123

:callaway-small: Rogue MAX LS 9° (set to +1°)

:callaway-small: Rogue Max 3W 15°

:callaway-small:Apex UW 19°

:taylormade-small: p770 w/ Project X 6.5 (4-AW)

:callaway-small: Jaws Full-Toe Black 54° & 60°

:taylormade-small: Spider GT 35"

:taylormade-small: TP5x 

Early Tee Time, Starter sent us out around 7:30.  Temp a nice 70*, 8-10 mph.  Course is kinda blah Exec with only Par 3’s but plays long from black tees which 3 of chose to do.  Our 4th is having physical issues and played from forward tees.  This meant I was hitting mostly 7w, 5hy and 6 iron off tee and they were playing well this morning.  Had 2 bogies and 3 good looks at birdie but nooooo settled for pars, fun morning with good guys.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Played at my home course on Sunday, and couldn't have asked for better weather. Outside of 1 blowup hole on the front nine, and a string of 4 holes in the back nine where everything seemed to go awry, it was a good round. I've noticed my previous slice starting to make a comeback, and really need to work on my short chips around the green to limit the duffs and skulls that just inflate my score.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim Max D

3 Wood: TaylorMade Sim Max D

5 Wood: Slazenger Wrath

3 Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Mid

4-GW: Tommy Armour TA1

Wedge: Cleveland RTX 588 54°

Putter: Ping Sigma 2 Anser Stealth

Ball: Maxfli StraightFli

Haven't played in over two weeks but did go to the range. Two swings in and I felt a strain in my back and chest. Pulled something or have a rib out. Took 3 days but finally seems to have settled down. I'm going to play 9 later this week and 18 over the weekend. Hopefully I can make it through. Seems I get this once or twice a year now.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Went out Saturday to my favorite local club. It was a tale of two cities. The front 9- I lost 2 balls in the first 4 holes(apparently they were thirsty- didn't need their attitude anyway). 3 fairways, 4 GIR and 4-3 putts (Helen Keller could've read the greens better than I was doing). I ended up 9 over(nice round number for 9 holes🥴). Back 9, I apparently removed something from an orifice and started to do well (except for 15(par 3) where I air-mailed the green- really nice up and down though). 5 Fairways 4 GIR 4- 1 putts(I found my short game somewhere along the way), 2 birdies (one was a tap-in on 18 where I missed a 45 footer for eagle). I'm guessing the back 9 provided the desire to continue to play this silly game- cuz the front 9 sure as ..... had me wondering if I'd ever played it before and caused me to ask what was I doin there. But at the end of the day-we can ALL relate and it IS golf. It was a great day and a lot of fun was had by all (at least on the back 9🙃)

Edited by Merlin1313

ALL :callaway-small:

Paradym 10.5*(11.5*) (Hzrdus Gen 4 Silver 60/KBS TD)

Apex UW 17* (Tensei AV Blue 75)

Apex Pro 21 Hybrid 20*/23* (KBS Hybrid)

Paradym 6-PW (Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105X)

Jaws Raw Face Chrome 48* (Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105X)

Jaws Raw Chrome Full Toe 54*/ 58* (Nippon Pro Modus 115 Wedge)

Jaws Full Toe Black Wedge 64* (DG Tour Issue Spinner 115)

WHOG #5

Chrome Soft X 

8 minutes ago, Merlin1313 said:

Went out Saturday to my favorite local club. It was a tale of two cities. The front 9- I lost 2 balls in the first 4 holes(apparently they were thirsty- didn't need their attitude anyway). 3 fairways, 4 GIR and 4-3 putts (Helen Keller could've read the greens better than I was doing). I ended up 9 over(nice round number for 9 holes🥴). Back 9, I apparently removed something from an orifice and started to do well (except for 15 where I air-mailed the green- really nice up and down though). 5 Fairways 4 GIR 4- 1 putts(I found my short game somewhere along the way), 2 birdies (one was a tap-in on 18 where I missed a 45 footer for eagle). I'm guessing the back 9 provided the desire to continue to play this silly game- cuz the front 9 sure as ..... had me wondering if I'd ever played it before and caused me to ask what was I doin there. But at the end of the day-we can ALL relate and it IS golf. It was a great day and a lot of fun was had by all (at least on the back 9🙃)

I thought I was reading my round from Sunday for a second. 48-42, considered quitting on hole 7 and 9. Lost 2 balls on the front. Much better on the back but I airmailed 2 greens. And only 1 birdie. But close to being the same round.

Finding a way to turn birdies into bogeys since 1992. #TeamChunks

'23 Forum Tester: image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.png Elixir Golf Ball

WITB:image.png.3fd681db3510b6ca5b9cd8746bbb1447.pngTS2 10.5° @ 11.25° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgTensei blue AV 55 R graph•917f2 15° @ 16.5° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgDiamana blue x5ct dialed 70 R graph•image.png.34e4547e173a54172ff78e7545cfce3c.pngStealth 22° image.png.3e3fd052b67b6f62d3666b666d7109fe.png Ventus red 6 (non-velo) R graph• image.png.8fb479c452fc063454e923dea514c13d.png699u 2i 17° image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png tgi 70 R graph•24° image.png.d2eb192c22d125fefbd3607df7e0b327.png Tour v 90 black pvd R steel•699 6i-PW image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png Tour 110 black pvd R steel• image.png.eca9fa52c016ce4745893f387fef46df.pngSM8 50°/08° @ 52°/10° SM8 stock steel• image.png.3a7bdc80b43a23d4e08c16f2f319cc28.pngJaws Full Toe 56°/12° Screenshot_20230525_002154_Google2.jpg.c2d23d7abfb8451e510d254517410b64.jpgDG Spinner TI steel •image.png.98634e318580c192c5682c5d7f2a763a.png c series DW 2.0 slant neck stock steel•image.png.13e1aa1ef13bc0a92bb27f2e4df082a9.pngPhantom 2 gps•Tour v3 rangefinder•image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.pngElixir golf ball•

Been a few weeks (at least) since my last post in here. I either haven't played or have played and played poorly. 😞 It honestly felt like I started to lose my swing for a bit. Everything has just been off, but Saturday I took my neighbor to Southern Oaks and had a pretty good day overall. The front nine was actually really good despite a rocky start. I duffed and topped the first two shots of the round after a great range session 🤦‍♂️, but was able to collect myself and bogey the first hole before playing the front at +4 (40). The back nine started with a few more horrid shots, but slowly came together though not nearly as well as the front. Thanks in part to a penalty, two 3-putts, and a 4-putt 🤬, I fired a +14 (50) to go 40/50/90 with no help at all from my handicap... 

Highlights of the round: Driving, driving, and well... the driving. I was +1.53 strokes gained versus a 5-handicap according to ShotScope (-0.83 vs. Sratch). Apart from holes 1 & 10 I was either in the fairway or within a yard or two with a clear shot and absolutely smashing it. I averaged 270 yards with driver with a "performance average" of 303 and my longest drive of the day was 321 on #14. It plays straight uphill off the tee before going back down towards the green around 270. Best drive I've ever hit on that hole by a mile as I've never even once reached the downslope. 

Now I can't wait to get back out and see if the better play continues!

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Good morning all, played yesterday, shot 79, hit 12 fairways and 8 greens, 32 putts, not a happy camper!! Still working through the physical and mental recovery from 5 months off... I think the physical is coming back, just need to settle my mind and focus on the  basics. struggling with that... 

committed to performance excellence

First nice Southern California day in a while.  72 & Sunny.  We're spoiled 99% of the time, but 13 major atmospheric rivers coming out of the North since January 1st has made the weather decidedly more Pacific North West than I care for.   A buddy who's just getting started in the game texted me in the afternoon pointing out the weather and seeing if I wanted to get out for 9 before we both had to pick up our kids.  Decided the email I was working on could wait, grabbed the keys, threw the clubs in the trunk, and was at the course in 10 minutes.

It was a pretty good day that could have been better.  +5/42.  Focus on swing adjustment and practice seems to be starting to pay off.  I feel like things are starting to come together.  Contact was just about perfect today.  Good weight transfer, tempo, and finally getting that stubborn lead hip to clear have been producing good contact & a lot of power.   Power was actually a 'problem' today.  Too many Wheaties I guess. I hit 3/9 in regulation all on the back 3rd of the green.  4 of the remaining six landed on the last six feet and bounced off or just flat out flew the green and the last two I was out of position and had to play around an obstacle and ended up just off the right side back 1/3rd on both.   I got up and down with two of them and would have done more if I'd made better decisions with club selection.

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0341 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:mizuno-small:  T7 55º @55/7  -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

Played Lyman’s 9 hole course today, it’s a shorter par 29 course.
Ended up shooting a 36 which I’m actually very happy with. Was able to birdie #2 which was one of two par 4’s, but that was my only birdie on the day unfortunately. My putting was much better than last week and didn’t havnt any triple putts!
Was able to go back to a few holes and “retry” a few of my missed chip and iron shots as practice as it was not busy at all with the cold and cloud cover. Was nice to get out and do some walking. 

:taylormade-small:Super Burner 2.0 10.5*

:cobra-small: Fly-Z hybrid

:edel-golf-1: SMS 4-GW

:ping-small: i3 5 Wood

:titleist-small:SM7 56*,60*, SM8 52*

:odyssey-small: Versa 1 putter

2023 Tested: Edel SMS Irons

79 at Sand Hollow over my long weekend: could’ve been better, but I had a few 3 putts. Can’t beat the views tho…

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

9 hours ago, Micah T said:

79 at Sand Hollow over my long weekend: could’ve been better, but I had a few 3 putts. Can’t beat the views tho…

Next time if you could play a course with some better views please 🙃 What a beautiful place to play and nice round as I would have been completely distracted.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

It’s the end of March so that means my company golf league has started.   First match last night; team lost 😞.   Putter much better than I have the last couple of rounds, struggled a little with short irons and short game.  Weather was cold and by the 7th hole it was getting dark, I was basically ready to been done, and not mentally into the round anymore.   Finished the last 3 holes at 6 over.   Biggest problem with irons was thin shots that flew the green.  

Had one hole where short game was a disaster….much more practice needed with the 20-40 yard pitches   Got so frustrated on that hole that after my putt was given to me i swung my putter to swat the ball out of the way and it slammed into my ankle…nice little bruise and some swelling to remind me to stay focused and not lose my composure.  A little out of character for me and I was basically being stupid; lesson learned.  

6 fairways, 3 greens, 18 putts.  44

The cold is really starting to get to me as well once the sun starts going down - it's bone chilling. I like the fairways/greens/putts/score info that you put at the bottom of your rounds, I will definitely be taking that for mine! Good luck in the league and working on that short game

5 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Since my course was closed yesterday for aeration, I thought I'd walk 18 at the course where I first learned to play 30 years ago.  This course used to be in decent shape; a former Elks course, then the city bought it and leased it out.  It's in a flood plain and floods most every year.  To say it's a goat farm would not fair to the goats, but I was sure they would be open.  They were, but to my surprise they had punched all the greens and they were covered with lots of sand.  Temporary greens place 10-20 yards short.  The pro (my first instructor) let me walk on for free and I saw nobody playing.  Played in 2:15, but no putting.  It wasn't really playing, but I used the time to walk a course and practice shots.  

They haven't done anything to the bunkers...

IMG_1750.jpeg.1e1b73f8d6a2ef4ad972da7fc95f14ee.jpeg

And the fairways look like crap.  What to some might appear to be dormant bermuda is really crabgrass (actually I don't think there is much difference).  🤣

IMG_1751.jpeg.24a076925a65062fb734e2bc52a4ec21.jpeg

But HEY!  It's golf!!  sorta

I'm glad you got out and were at least able to get out and practice. It makes me sad to see a course fall into that state of disrepair because if that's the clubhouse, it looks like it was beautiful in its glory days.

15 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I'm glad you got out and were at least able to get out and practice. It makes me sad to see a course fall into that state of disrepair because if that's the clubhouse, it looks like it was beautiful in its glory days.

It's not the original clubhouse. The Elks had their lodge/clubhouse that goes back longer than I can remember.  When I played there, it was a muni and the best view out those big windows.  You could see people tee off on #1 and #10 and approach into #9 and #18.  The restaurant had great food at very reasonable prices.  The owner at the time brought in a huge oak bar from Wenatchee (I think) that dated back to the early 1900's.  Then they did some remodeling and an electrical fire burnt the building to the ground.  Sad!  This building was built maybe 20 years ago.  It's nearly a replica of the old building with an updated look.  Although the course was never great, it's too bad it isn't as good as it was.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played 9 at South Suburban Family Sports, it was freeeeeeezing (mid-to-high 30s). It is an executive 9 so only 2 par 4s and 1 par 5 (which I blew up on with a double bogey). Ended the day shooting +8 on the 9 which I am comfortable with considering the low low number of GIR.

3 fairways, 2 greens, 18 putts, 39

On 3/28/2023 at 9:25 AM, TR1PTIK said:

Been a few weeks (at least) since my last post in here. I either haven't played and or have played and played poorly. 😞 It honestly felt like I started to lose my swing for a bit. Everything has just been off, but Saturday I took my neighbor to Southern Oaks and had a pretty good day overall. The front nine was actually really good despite a rocky start. I duffed and topped the first two shots of the round after a great range session 🤦‍♂️, but was able to collect myself and bogey the first hole before playing the front at +4 (40). The back nine started with a few more horrid shots, but slowly came together though not nearly as well as the front. Thanks in part to a penalty, two 3-putts, and a 4-putt 🤬, I fired a +14 (50) to go 40/50/90 with no help at all from my handicap... 

Highlights of the round: Driving, driving, and well... the driving. I was +1.53 strokes gained versus a 5-handicap according to ShotScope (-0.83 vs. Sratch). Apart from holes 1 & 10 I was either in the fairway or within a yard or two with a clear shot and absolutely smashing it. I averaged 270 yards with driver with a "performance average" of 303 and my longest drive of the day was 321 on #14. It plays straight uphill off the tee before going back down towards the green around 270. Best drive I've ever hit on that hole by a mile as I've never even once reached the downslope. 

Now I can't wait to get back out and see if the better play continues!

Southern Oaks is such a good track..  funny didn't get the invite.. must have gotten lost in the internet. 🤣.
Driving for you is one of your strengths. I see you haven't lost that.

Thinking of Tierra Verde Late April if you intrested.

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50 (Terra Forza White Shaft Testing)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

Played the front 9 at the local yesterday.  Hit 7 out of 9 greens.  If I'd been able make any kind of putt it would have been quite a day.  Pace of play was not very good so we called it after 9 and went in for our free beer that came with the green fee.

Callaway Driver, 4 and 7 fairways.  Mizuno 923 Hot Metal 6-LW.  A friend told me my swing is as smooth as Tennessee Whiskey.  If so, I often think it may have come out of the barrel to soon.

5 minutes ago, MrBandit said:

Southern Oaks is such a good track..  funny didn't get the invite.. must have gotten lost in the internet. 🤣.
Driving for you is one of your strengths. I see you haven't lost that.

Thinking of Tierra Verde Late April if you intrested.

You haven't been blowing up my phone with invites either dude 😉 lol. 

Always happy to play Tierra Verde, but I'll let you know now that the new greens are in terrible shape. They're fighting a lot of goosegrass and it's just plinko golf out there ATM.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour